PDA

View Full Version : OK Dallas Peeps

TopDaugIn2000
7/25/2006, 12:59 PM
I'm leaving for the big D right after work, will be there all day Wed and Thurs for training. I'm staying very close to DFW, my training is close by. What is there to do in the evenings, and any "must go to" places to eat?

Howzit
7/25/2006, 01:04 PM
www.guidelive.com (http://www.guidelive.com)

Addison has a number of higher end restaurants, I'll defer to others on the "must go to" places...

Hatfield
7/25/2006, 01:08 PM
i also am leaving for big d after work for the widespread panic concert wed night.

hoot hoot holla

Howzit
7/25/2006, 01:09 PM
i also am leaving for big d after work for the widespread panic concert wed night.

hoot hoot holla

I wanted to go but have to leave town. Should be good, have you been to the Nokia before?

mdklatt
7/25/2006, 01:11 PM
I'm leaving for the big D right after work, will be there all day Wed and Thurs for training. I'm staying very close to DFW, my training is close by. What is there to do in the evenings, and any "must go to" places to eat?

I really like Papasito's for Tex-Mex. I'm not sure if there's one closer to DFW, but there's one near Texas Stadium along with a brazillian other restaurants and a movie theater. Take 183 east from the airport.

Hatfield
7/25/2006, 01:22 PM
I wanted to go but have to leave town. Should be good, have you been to the Nokia before?

yep. seen panic there 3 or 4 times.

last year we threw a keg on a 16 passenger van and rode out there in style.

cool venue; lots of my friends hate it but i don't mind it so much.

couple of years ago some idiots were shooting fireworks after the show and started a fire. :rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
7/25/2006, 01:50 PM
couple of years ago some idiots were shooting fireworks after the show and started a fire. :rolleyes:

Did you guys get busted? :D

Hatfield
7/25/2006, 02:19 PM
nope....thankfully the fire gave the police something better to do than bust poor ole me. :)

Widescreen
7/25/2006, 02:55 PM
I really like Papasito's for Tex-Mex. I'm not sure if there's one closer to DFW, but there's one near Texas Stadium along with a brazillian other restaurants and a movie theater. Take 183 east from the airport.
One of my very favorite restaurants. We go to the one on I-75 about a mile north of 635.

TD2K, you could come to our house at night. There will be lots of sleeping going on. And by 'sleeping', I mean sleeping. :P

Tear Down This Wall
7/25/2006, 03:06 PM
For Italian, Pietro's down on Richmond, just east off Greenville Avenue is the best. I can't take you, though, because my wife's in town :D

BajaOklahoma
7/25/2006, 03:11 PM
TD, what do you like to do?
Shopping?
Eating?
DFW is close to 35 and lots of restaurants.

Mjcpr
7/25/2006, 03:13 PM
The Museum of Camry History is over in Plano.

1stTimeCaller
7/25/2006, 03:16 PM
:pop: :twinkies:

GrapevineSooner
7/25/2006, 03:21 PM
Which end of DFW are we talking about? North or South?

hurricane'bone
7/25/2006, 03:24 PM
Go eat at Babe's. YWIA

TopDaugIn2000
7/25/2006, 04:19 PM
TD2K, you could come to our house at night. There will be lots of sleeping going on. And by 'sleeping', I mean sleeping. :P

IN.

I might do a little shopping. and lots of eating. I'm sure there are tons of restaurants around, just wondered if there were any "must go to" spots in the area.

I'll be staying on "w airport fwy" and belit line rd, and my training is on belt line

colleyvillesooner
7/25/2006, 04:23 PM
...and my training is on belt line

To anyone that lives in DFW this is the funniest sentence ever. :D

TopDaugIn2000
7/25/2006, 04:23 PM
ok

colleyvillesooner
7/25/2006, 04:37 PM
ok

Sorry, it's just that Belt Line is a loop all the way around the DFW Area. If you live anywhere west of Highway 26, your are always under 10 minutes from Belt Line. :D

BeetDigger
7/25/2006, 05:08 PM

I've never been to the Gaylords but have heard that it is pretty cool. Since you are close by and are looking for something to do it might be a good place to check out. It's huge and there are lots of places to eat.

crawfish
7/25/2006, 05:23 PM
To anyone that lives in DFW this is the funniest sentence ever. :D

Limits her to an area slightly smaller than Delaware. :D

colleyvillesooner
7/25/2006, 05:25 PM
I've never been to the Gaylords but have heard that it is pretty cool. Since you are close by and are looking for something to do it might be a good place to check out. It's huge and there are lots of places to eat.

I recommend the all you can eat buffet in the "riverwalk" setting. It's pretty good.

TopDaugIn2000
7/25/2006, 10:25 PM
Go eat at Babe's. YWIA

Our thread rep told me about a chicken fried steak place called "babes"? Well, I found one on my way down. Just north of Denton. Signs all along the interstate so I HAD to stop.

Chicken fried steak was brought out on its own PLATTER, along with bowls each of corn, green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, and 2 biscuits.......

Now, normally I would have eaten about half of it and been very comfortable, but not wanting anything to go to waste, and not knowing if I'd have a fridge & microwave in the room, I polished it off. Damn near licked the plate and bowls clean. The only thing left was a little salad. Sweet little waitress came back wide-eyed and asked "Would you like any more potatoes or corn or anything dear"? My eyes were bugging out and I answered "no".

It was darn good. REALLY good. The ride from there to my hotel was a bit miserable though, think I'll go swim now to help digest it.

and I'm staying in a motel on 183 (Airport Fwy) just west of Belt Line rd. My training is about 5 miles north of here, on Belt line, just before you get to 635.

jk the sooner fan
7/25/2006, 10:30 PM
babes ROCKS.....we eat there frequently

TopDaugIn2000
7/25/2006, 10:31 PM
is it a local chain? I only saw signs for the one, but figured there are more around.

jk the sooner fan
7/25/2006, 10:34 PM
is it a local chain? I only saw signs for the one, but figured there are more around.

they have one here in carrollton on beltline just off I-35.....there's another location besides that one and the one you ate at

hurricane'bone
7/25/2006, 10:36 PM
I ate at the one in carrollton...best damn chicken I've ever had.

OU4LIFE
7/26/2006, 05:23 AM
Dallas = Fogo De Chao

bitches.

BajaOklahoma
7/26/2006, 05:40 AM
Uncle Julios.
Pappacitas.
Luna de Nocha
Mario's Chaquita

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/26/2006, 07:03 AM
Papadeaux's

Howzit
7/26/2006, 12:01 PM
Denny's.

Widescreen
7/26/2006, 02:06 PM
Dallas = Fogo De Chao

bitches.
This should have ended the discussion.

Until Howzit piped up with

Denny's.
Decisions, decisions.

colleyvillesooner
7/26/2006, 02:14 PM
Good thing they are right across the street from each other. :D

OU4LIFE
7/26/2006, 02:22 PM
Isn't there a Dolly Madison store in Dallas?

I'm just askin'.

Widescreen
7/26/2006, 02:23 PM
Good thing they are right across the street from each other. :D

Good point. She could go to Fogo for meatpalooza and then cross the street for a Grand Slam breakfast. Mmmmmm.

GrapevineSooner
7/31/2006, 04:54 PM
and I'm staying in a motel on 183 (Airport Fwy) just west of Belt Line rd. My training is about 5 miles north of here, on Belt line, just before you get to 635.

So you get an hour off from training, eh?

Hmmm, that would probably limit you to whatever establishments are actually on Belt Line. Or you could hop on 635 for about a mile, exit off MacArthur, and find something in the Valley Ranch area or south of 635. Quite a few eateries over there.