PDA

View Full Version : So... (Re: NCAA 07 Rosters for the PS2)

the_ouskull
7/25/2006, 12:57 PM
Anybody in the Norman, OKC area got these yet? I pay in beer. :D

the_ouskull

Snrfn4ever08
7/25/2006, 01:47 PM
Anybody in the Norman, OKC area got these yet? I pay in beer. :D

the_ouskull
i can't take beer, i'm sixteen:D . my rosters have yet to come though

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/25/2006, 02:08 PM
Your 16 AND you can't take beer ;) When I was 16 I would have programmed the rosters myself for beer :P

the_ouskull
7/25/2006, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I guess, being as I have taught responsible alcohol service classes, I should clarify. I am not offering beer to any minors.

I will, however, find you when you turn of legal drinking age. :D

the_ouskull

bstuff1979
7/25/2006, 02:43 PM
When I was 16, we had the sketchy convenient store near the Paseo discrict. In any event, I would have certainly given out rosters in exchange for beer. On the topic, does anyone have 360 rosters? I've got OU all down, but only the top 5 to 10 skill position players in the country and the top players for ut/tOSU/ND and a couple of other top teams. It's just nice to see the Heisman polls say 1.AD 2.Samardzija 3.Kenny Irons rather than 1.AD 2.Samardzija 3.Thomas Jalmario.

Snrfn4ever08
7/25/2006, 03:11 PM
I will, however, find you when you turn of legal drinking age. :D

the_ouskull
sounds good :D

Collier11
7/25/2006, 04:00 PM
I have the rosters and enjoy beer consumption legally, hit me up...:)

Snrfn4ever08
7/25/2006, 05:07 PM
while we're on the topic, you should stop giving that lecture on drinking responsibly to rhett and concentrate more on making sure he knows how to hold on when he's in a truck bed, drunk or not:D

the_ouskull
7/25/2006, 08:33 PM

SWEET. So, where do you live? I'm in Norman, over on the East side, just off of 12th and Lindsey. I'm free all day long on Thursday to do whatever, so let me know how to get ahold of you and I'd be more than happy to. As for the beer, I'm always up for having a few with a fellow OU fan, especially one that's doing me a favor. Let me know what's up and maybe we can go toss a couple back at O'Connell's on Thursday afternoon sometime.

Danny

Egeo
7/26/2006, 01:31 AM
if you have a sharkport or maxdrive or something you can get them here
http://www.utopiacollegesports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40498

Landthief 1972
7/26/2006, 09:30 AM
Has anyone been able to get a USB keyboard to work with a PS2? I've got tons of those lying around and wouldn't mind typing in names instead of buying a thumb drive thingie.

Snrfn4ever08
7/26/2006, 02:08 PM
Has anyone been able to get a USB keyboard to work with a PS2? I've got tons of those lying around and wouldn't mind typing in names instead of buying a thumb drive thingie.
i have a usb keyboard for my ps2. it's called a powerboard, but i honestly can't remember what brand it is. it's been too long since i bought it. it works great for me though, especially since i like to play NCAA online. i hate having to input stuff with the normal controller.

sooner518
7/26/2006, 03:16 PM
ive got a Dell USB keyboard. I wonder if that would work. Anyone have any idea before I tear apart my desk setup trying to untangle all these dang wires?

Landthief 1972
7/26/2006, 03:20 PM
Well, I did try a Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard a few years back, and it didn't work. However, it was PS/2 and I used a USB adapter. Coincidentally, that keyboard won't work with my mac either, so I may pull the generic USB PC keyboard that's hooked to the mac and see if that one works.

bstuff1979
7/26/2006, 03:31 PM
anyone using a 360 have any luck with a sharkport-like device in use with roster file downloads? don't exactly trust microsoft so it would be good to know before getting one. not sure if it's worth the $30 but if it works I think I may cave.

Blacklover
7/26/2006, 09:52 PM
I make a set of rosters for the PS2.

Have for the last 9 years.

Version 1 is out and Version 2 is coming out very shortly as in a day or two from now.

I should have around 250 created players in and almost all of the players who have left, been dismissed, transferred, etc worked out.

you can send me a memory card in the mail or download it from www.maddenmania.com

if you want to mail me a card pm me here or at maddenmania.

Egeo
7/27/2006, 01:57 AM
^
has good stuff in my experience

Landthief 1972
7/28/2006, 12:54 PM
Update...

A "true" USB keyboard (not a PS/2 keyboard with the USB adaptor) works just fine in the Roster section of NCAA Football 2007). I was able to name all the players in about 1/4 the time that it took with a controller last year.

One gripe about 2007: they ditched the composure indicators that you can call up right before the snap. That made it easy to know who to pick on. The Easypass thing is completely pointless. It only goes green over a receiver if he's standing all alone with no defender within 50 yards.

mxATVracer10
7/28/2006, 01:20 PM
You can still pull up the composure indicators, at least you can on xbox... To do it on the box, you have to pull the right trigger and then use the right analog stick to view them. left, down, and right are supposed to be the indicators and up is supposed to be the play layout, but mine automatically shows the play when I pull the trigger. I've only played single player games so far though so this may go away in 2 player action, at least I hope!

Collier11
7/28/2006, 02:59 PM
SWEET. So, where do you live? I'm in Norman, over on the East side, just off of 12th and Lindsey. I'm free all day long on Thursday to do whatever, so let me know how to get ahold of you and I'd be more than happy to. As for the beer, I'm always up for having a few with a fellow OU fan, especially one that's doing me a favor. Let me know what's up and maybe we can go toss a couple back at O'Connell's on Thursday afternoon sometime.

Danny

For all of you saps at heart, Ive got the feel good story of the year so far...Ouskull took his fellow Sooner compadre out for a few beers at Oconnells in exchange for the ps2 rosters, now if that isnt a heart-wrenching story of Sooner partnership then I dont know what is...Keep in mind there were no hugs or kisses, just a good solid man handshake so dont get your hopes up NICK, Oh wait...he he, nevermind!!

Snrfn4ever08
7/28/2006, 03:30 PM
Update...

A "true" USB keyboard (not a PS/2 keyboard with the USB adaptor) works just fine in the Roster section of NCAA Football 2007). I was able to name all the players in about 1/4 the time that it took with a controller last year.

One gripe about 2007: they ditched the composure indicators that you can call up right before the snap. That made it easy to know who to pick on. The Easypass thing is completely pointless. It only goes green over a receiver if he's standing all alone with no defender within 50 yards.
you can pull up the composure idicators on ps2. you just have to press the r2 button and then use the right analog stick

Egeo
7/30/2006, 10:35 PM
gonna post a link to the new features of the game:
i didnt know some of these until tonight

http://www.utopiacollegesports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42013

bstuff1979
7/30/2006, 11:36 PM
for those playing online that've complained of the 20 drop back scramblers/eight men in the box blitzing on every down/going for it on 4th and 10+/onside kickers/et al, I have found a solution. So long as you're not up against Ohio State (Ginn is fast enough to break through coverage on the out routes/flag routes to the point that you can only stop it if you sit back with your FS and give up the run D completely) here's what you do: Rather than doing the quick match, go to create or custom (can't remember the exact name, but you get the point) and switch from ranked to unranked. Then change the level from All American to Heisman. The DB's are smarter and the game is, on the whole, much more true to life. If you're getting blitzed you can burn them on a screen. If they play bump and run every down simply because they have no idea what "bump and run" means but they think it'll work because it looks cool, you can burn them with off tackles and quick slants. I just finished torching some guy 60-13 and it was really kind of nice to see a game play the way it would in reality if you tried to run that junk. On the down side, that game was followed up by a game against some guy playing with tOSU. He ran maybe three plays on O (had some ugly play calling on D) consisting of the naked bootleg 20 yards back and then running up to throw it to Ginn left, "" right, and a run up the middle (that was maybe twice). When it got to 28-14 I went ahead and quit as I felt no shame in letting this guy down and it was a total waste of my time, but as long as it's not tOSU it's like night and day.

OUTrumpet
7/31/2006, 09:34 AM
Well, I have a hard drive on my 360 and mostly play dynasty mode, so I'm looking for a roster. Anyone have a 360 version in the Norman area?

Snrfn4ever08
7/31/2006, 09:36 AM
for those playing online that've complained of the 20 drop back scramblers/eight men in the box blitzing on every down/going for it on 4th and 10+/onside kickers/et al, I have found a solution. So long as you're not up against Ohio State (Ginn is fast enough to break through coverage on the out routes/flag routes to the point that you can only stop it if you sit back with your FS and give up the run D completely) here's what you do: Rather than doing the quick match, go to create or custom (can't remember the exact name, but you get the point) and switch from ranked to unranked. Then change the level from All American to Heisman. The DB's are smarter and the game is, on the whole, much more true to life. If you're getting blitzed you can burn them on a screen. If they play bump and run every down simply because they have no idea what "bump and run" means but they think it'll work because it looks cool, you can burn them with off tackles and quick slants. I just finished torching some guy 60-13 and it was really kind of nice to see a game play the way it would in reality if you tried to run that junk. On the down side, that game was followed up by a game against some guy playing with tOSU. He ran maybe three plays on O (had some ugly play calling on D) consisting of the naked bootleg 20 yards back and then running up to throw it to Ginn left, "" right, and a run up the middle (that was maybe twice). When it got to 28-14 I went ahead and quit as I felt no shame in letting this guy down and it was a total waste of my time, but as long as it's not tOSU it's like night and day.

only problem is that i want all of my games ranked