PDA

View Full Version : If your kids watch PBS Sprout

RacerX
7/25/2006, 12:27 PM
and you've been wondering where Melanie is...

Announcement (http://www.sproutletsgrow.com/good_night/index.html)
A Notice To Parents Regarding
The Good Night Show
Late last week, Melanie Martinez, host of The Good Night Show, alerted us to the internet posting of an independent short film that she appeared in seven years ago. PBS KIDS Sprout has determined that the dialogue in this video is inappropriate for her role as a preschool program host and may undermine her character’s credibility with our audience. As a result, PBS KIDS Sprout has decided that she will no longer appear as host of The Good Night Show. Melanie has been an important part of our network and we are disappointed that we had to make this difficult decision.

PBS KIDS Sprout’s foremost priority is to do what is best for our young viewers and their families. We remain committed to The Good Night Show, which debuted last year, as a valuable tool for parents to help children wind down after a busy day. Regularly scheduled programs within The Good Night Show (e.g. Dragon Tales™, Bob The Builder™, Thomas & Friends™) will continue to air in their designated time slots with new short-form content replacing Melanie’s segments. We are developing plans to launch a new season of The Good Night Show with a new host in late 2006.

Posted Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 6:02 p.m. ET

The videos are kind of funny. Here's a wiki entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanie_Martinez) with links.

Taxman71
7/25/2006, 12:40 PM
But they just started showing the updated versions of The Good Night Show.

Watched the video. She will be a cult fantasy some day for a generation of dads.

NormanPride
7/25/2006, 12:43 PM
Those videos aren't even funny.

Taxman71
7/25/2006, 01:19 PM
Ironically, Melanie's new friend on the GNS is Star the Starfish. Too bad he isn't purple though.

PhxSooner
7/25/2006, 01:25 PM
My favorite part of the Good Night Show was that it started at 6 out here. My kids were confused about being told it was time for bed, since we had just finished dinner and the sun was out.

I miss the old PBS Kids with Mr. Rogers on everyday.

RacerX
7/25/2006, 01:27 PM
Not that I want to delve into this too much, but I hate that damn starfish. The voice was gravely and made me want to clear my throat.

RacerX
7/25/2006, 07:14 PM
and Randy Renner still works.

oumartin
7/25/2006, 07:53 PM
i need direct links to this stuff.