PDA

View Full Version : Soon to Open in My Little Town....

IB4OU2
7/25/2006, 10:33 AM
The Pig-

http://www.pigglywiggly.com/

Flagstaffsooner
7/25/2006, 10:43 AM
Perkins as I remember?

MamaMia
7/25/2006, 10:47 AM
I remember going to the Piggly Wiggly with my mom when my father was stationed in Atlanta. They didn't have air conditioning but they had fans blowing. There was a pig outside that you could ride in circles for a nickle. :D

IB4OU2
7/25/2006, 10:50 AM
Perkins as I remember?

Yes, they've been building this store for the last 10 months and it looks like it will finally open. There's another store in town but the quality of food is terrible and it will probably go belly up when the new store opens.
It will save us a 12 mile drive to a decent grocery store, so I'm looking forward to it opening and Hairy probably is too.

BudSooner
7/25/2006, 12:06 PM
Yes, they've been building this store for the last 10 months and it looks like it will finally open. There's another store in town but the quality of food is terrible and it will probably go belly up when the new store opens.
It will save us a 12 mile drive to a decent grocery store, so I'm looking forward to it opening and Hairy probably is too.
It ain't much better at the Pig, we have one near us..keep an eye on any dated foods like lunchmeat. I'm not sure if its just the one near us but those guys leave old stuff out there a month out of date sometimes.
Oh, and the owners are cheap bastards who refuse to turn on the A/C even in the 104 degree heat.:mad:
Where do you live? The prices are wayyyy high also.

Sooner_Bob
7/25/2006, 12:11 PM

It does seem like its taken them forever to get that thing done. What's going in across the street there by the Sonic? It looks like someone is building something there too.

GDC
7/25/2006, 12:13 PM
We've got a Juicy Pig out by the lake.

Scott D
7/25/2006, 12:14 PM
My favorite Piggly Wiggly story is when some guy cased one for weeks to rob it, goes in, pulls off the 'perfect' robbery. Then when he goes to make his getaway, he had locked his keys in his running car.

Mjcpr
7/25/2006, 12:19 PM
Perkins as I remember?

Yes, it's a suburb of Stillwater.

:D

My dad's first job was at Piggly Wiggly. It wasn't in southern Stillwater though.

OhU1
7/25/2006, 12:38 PM
What's the story behind the name?

In south Texas they have a nice grocery store named H.E.B. Named after the owner Howard E. Butts. Obvious why they used his initials in the name.

IB4OU2
7/25/2006, 01:35 PM
Yes, it's a suburb of Stillwater.

:D

My dad's first job was at Piggly Wiggly. It wasn't in southern Stillwater though.

It's 12 miles south of Stoolwater! :( ;)

Mixer!
7/25/2006, 03:58 PM
It's 12 miles south of Stoolwater! :( ;)
Terrific, another Supporter Of Boone. :mad:

Might be closer to shop at the Pig than Wally...

IB4OU2
7/25/2006, 04:00 PM
We've got a Juicy Pig out by the lake.

I used to drop by and eat a Juicy Pig everytime I went down to my deer lease south of Cookson. Good Sammich!