PDA

View Full Version : Ramonce Taylor Transfering

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2006, 04:53 AM
I don't know if this is reliable or not. It's a Waco Trib article posted at baylorfans without a link. Nonetheless, here it is.

Former Belton football player leaving UT

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

By Suzanne Halliburton

Cox News Service

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — University of Texas tailback Ramonce Taylor, who is facing felony drug possession charges, is expected to transfer. His decision to change schools could be announced as early as today.

A school official familar with the situation confirmed late Monday night that Taylor would transfer.

Taylor, a standout as a running back at Belton High School, was suspended from the team in January because of poor academics, and he did not sufficiently improve his grades in the spring. The source said he was not expected to be eligible to compete this fall, making his transfer necessary if he desired to continue playing.

Taylor also wasn’t included in the team’s media guide, which was released Monday during the Big 12 Conference media sessions. Texas coach Mack Brown, who was unavailable for comment Monday, will meet with the media today.

Brown re-enforced Taylor’s suspension in May when the junior-to-be was arrested in Bell County after police found more than four pounds of marijuana in a backpack in his truck. His attorney said the marijuana belonged to someone else.

Playing wide receiver and tailback last season, Taylor gained 561 rushing yards while catching 27 passes for 265 yards. He scored 15 touchdowns.

Cox Newspapers, L.P. - The Waco Tribune-Herald - Our Partners

BajaOklahoma
7/25/2006, 05:13 AM
Not in the media guide...... hmmmmm, guess he's had time to shop himself around for another place to play.

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2006, 05:20 AM
Would OU take him? I bet he could get a medical redshirt.

I kid I kid! :D

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2006, 05:20 AM
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/college/2006/07/25/07252006wactaylor.html
There's the link

AlbqSooner
7/25/2006, 06:25 AM
Why would a running back idolize an offensive lineman?

soonerlaw
7/25/2006, 09:31 AM
I think its reliable. It was also in the Dallas Morning News. They apparantly spoke to his mom (Ramona Taylor) who confirmed her son is transferring... likely to Texas State in Tyler. It's too bad for him, the kid had a lot of talent.

picasso
7/25/2006, 09:35 AM
if he's convicted he'll have a good chance of ending up at oSu.

soonerlaw
7/25/2006, 09:43 AM

I was thinking Va. Tech, FSU, Auburn or really anywhere in the SEC.

C&CDean
7/25/2006, 09:57 AM
Y'all damn sure are lucky you're talking about some loser who used to play on the team that shall not be named today.

MRNOTDUCKS
7/25/2006, 10:09 AM
I'd really like to know what all was known about this kid and his activities the weeks before heading into the MNC. Something tells me they knew enough to kick him off the team then, but realized that would be an inconvenient time to do so. Turns out they were right -- he did score a TD in the game which was only decided by 5 points.

So Mack might be applauded now for "sticking to his guns" for dismissing an unsavory character from the team, but that is just spin. The truth is that it's a lot easier to make a move like that in the off season. If he really wanted to set an example and "do the right thing," he would have made this decision the 3rd or 4th time Taylor was making news off the field -- the weeks before the championship.

That speaks a lot about Mack Brown and the University of Texas athletic program to me.

I REALLY AIN'T PAYING ATTENTION TODAY. I KNOW BETTER THAN TO TYPE THOSE OFFENSIVE WORDS. I WILL NOT DO IT AGAIN TODAY. PLEASE DO HURT ME MRADMINISTRATOR!!

JohnnyMack
7/25/2006, 10:15 AM
Y'all damn sure are lucky you're talking about some loser who used to play on the team that shall not be named today.

http://www.geol.binghamton.edu/faculty/barker/horn.gif

Rhino
7/25/2006, 10:20 AM
Loads of talent, no brain.

boomersooner28
7/25/2006, 10:28 AM
He would fit in perfectly at Tennessee.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/25/2006, 10:47 AM
Two weeks to prepare and one less speed-burner to stretch the field for RRS-virgin qb's....

Me like!

trey
7/25/2006, 11:12 AM
I'd really like to know what all was known about this kid and his activities the weeks before heading into the MNC. Something tells me they knew enough to kick him off the team then, but realized that would be an inconvenient time to do so. Turns out they were right -- he did score a TD in the game which was only decided by 5 points.

So Mack might be applauded now for "sticking to his guns" for dismissing an unsavory character from the team, but that is just spin. The truth is that it's a lot easier to make a move like that in the off season. If he really wanted to set an example and "do the right thing," he would have made this decision the 3rd or 4th time Taylor was making news off the field -- the weeks before the championship.

That speaks a lot about Mack Brown and the University of Texas athletic program to me.

I REALLY AIN'T PAYING ATTENTION TODAY. I KNOW BETTER THAN TO TYPE THOSE OFFENSIVE WORDS. I WILL NOT DO IT AGAIN TODAY. PLEASE DO HURT ME MRADMINISTRATOR!!

Brandon Everage + I'm a dumbass!

slickdawg
7/25/2006, 11:15 AM
He's either Florida State or Virginia Tech material.

Soonermagik
7/25/2006, 11:39 AM
It's reliable ESPN had it on their front page. Can you say Miiiaaammmii.

caphorns
7/25/2006, 11:59 AM
He's headed to some small school in Tyler btw. Didn't keep up the academics sufficient to go to another D-1 school - not to mention to pending 5 lbs of dope charge.

MRNOTDUCKS
7/25/2006, 12:04 PM
Hey, I didn't start the thread... :D

stoopified
7/25/2006, 01:31 PM
Another one bites the dust.

Sooner95
7/25/2006, 05:38 PM
What;s this do to Texass now tho? They still have some talent at RB and Wr , where he played both..but this will hurt their depth a bit.

stonecoldsoonerfan
7/25/2006, 05:49 PM

only if gundy can bully a scholly away from another more deserving player.

goingoneight
7/25/2006, 08:54 PM
They'll take Bobby Reid off the roster and see how RT can QB for a season...

birddog
7/25/2006, 09:01 PM
colege.

XingTheRubicon
7/25/2006, 09:06 PM
Has anyone in the history of Earth claimed the drugs that were found in their trunk did in fact belong to them.

Officer: What's this?

Perp: Illegal drugs.

Officer: Why are there illegal drugs in your trunk.

Perp: I bought them.

Officer: Why did you buy 4 lbs. of weed?

Perp: To get high and to sell them.

Officer: Sell them to whom?

Perp: Other potheads who have money.

Officer: Kids?

Perp: Under no circumstances did I provide drugs for kids unless they had money.

Officer: Thanks for you cooperation.

Perp: Don't mention it.

Soonermagik
7/25/2006, 09:43 PM
Has anyone in the history of Earth claimed the drugs that were found in their trunk did in fact belong to them.

Officer: What's this?

Perp: Illegal drugs.

Officer: Why are there illegal drugs in your trunk.

Perp: I bought them.

Officer: Why did you buy 4 lbs. of weed?

Perp: To get high and to sell them.

Officer: Sell them to whom?

Perp: Other potheads who have money.

Officer: Kids?

Perp: Under no circumstances did I provide drugs for kids unless they had money.

Officer: Thanks for you cooperation.

Perp: Don't mention it.

LMAO:D

goingoneight
7/25/2006, 10:57 PM
Officer: Oh, ummm... gotta dimesack for a benjamin?

BudSooner
7/26/2006, 08:45 AM
That was not pot in Ramonce bag at that time, just to clarify things, he was working with the grounds crew and was in charge of replanting the grass

There is no drug use by the football team at this university

Who is Ricky Williams?

:)

A-M
7/26/2006, 10:33 AM
That was not pot in Ramonce bag at that time, just to clarify things, he was working with the grounds crew and was in charge of replanting the grass

There is no drug use by the football team at this university

Who is Ricky Williams?

:)
Now this I like a lot!!!!:P

footballfanatic
7/26/2006, 02:32 PM
Romance didn't deserve to be kicked off the team before the big game. Romance wasn't accused of possession until recently. While he had a run-in with the law in the fall, it was minor. He had his opportunity to straighten out in the spring--which, needless to say, he blew, just by PLACING himself in a position to get in trouble, regardless if he's convicted, or not. Texas stood by him for a while, and he squandered all the breaks he got. Sad story, but he has no one to blame but himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in a Maurice Clarrette styled predicament, or maybe he's already in one.

Jason White's Third Knee
7/26/2006, 02:36 PM
http://www.geol.binghamton.edu/faculty/barker/horn.gif

Isn't that a Freedom Horn?