PDA

View Full Version : Tonight Show BS

Penguin
7/24/2006, 11:10 PM
I guess Jay Leno is OK. I still prefer Letterman.

The stupidest thing with the Tonight Show is the announcer. He does the 20 second intro before the show. That's it.

This is this stupid ****. When they go to the first commercial, Leno says, "And this is" some dip****. They show the announcer and he has this pervert smile and he does a Princess Di wave for the camera. He thinks he is famous.

What an idiot. This guy is delivering pizzas if the fag Jay Leno didn't like his voice.

I can think of 5 guys on the Tonight Show that needs to be shot and the announcer is #1.

BajaOklahoma
7/24/2006, 11:18 PM
I miss Ed McMahon too. :(

SicEmBaylor
7/24/2006, 11:28 PM
Alan Kalter on Letterman pwns.

KaiserSooner
7/24/2006, 11:31 PM
I think the Leno announcer is John Melendez. Apparently he used to be a "personality" on Howard Stern's show.

Anyway, I know exactly what you're talking about RE: the wave. And, yes, he should try something new.

afs
7/24/2006, 11:33 PM
i don't care too much for the chick that sings with the band. i guess she has a purpose entertaining the crowd during commercials - but jeez whose **** did she suck to get that job?

SoonerInKCMO
7/24/2006, 11:54 PM
whose **** did she suck to get that job?

Mine. http://tinybiteydog.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/naughty.gif

yermom
7/25/2006, 12:00 AM
I think the Leno announcer is John Melendez. Apparently he used to be a "personality" on Howard Stern's show.

Anyway, I know exactly what you're talking about RE: the wave. And, yes, he should try something new.

Stuttering John is the announcer for Leno?

AllAboutThe'O'
7/25/2006, 12:31 AM
Whatever happened to the first announcer on Leno's Tonight Show, Edd Hall? Whatever became of him.

crawfish
7/25/2006, 08:05 AM
I have a feeling that the "idea" sessions for the Leno show includes a viewing of the previous days' Letterman show, and a discussion of how to do the same humor in a way old people can understand.

mrowl
7/25/2006, 08:19 AM

yep.

jk the sooner fan
7/25/2006, 08:24 AM

yes

and letterman sucks.......he used to be greatness

now he just sucks

soonerjoker
7/25/2006, 09:45 AM
i like the Leno show.

colleyvillesooner
7/25/2006, 09:53 AM
of course you do

frankensooner
7/25/2006, 09:54 AM
I think they should kick Leno off and move Conan up to his spot.

soonerjoker
7/25/2006, 09:55 AM
????????????????//

i used to hate the yankees; but then i grew up.

C&CDean
7/25/2006, 09:55 AM
Leno > Letterman

And I've tried to watch the red-headed dude who comes on after Leno (I'm just drawing a blank on his name right now) who everybody thinks is so great and I have to wonder "why would anybody enjoy this stupidness?" He just tries way too hard to be stupid. And I read somewhere he's the heir apparent to Leno? Bummer.

soonerjoker
7/25/2006, 09:56 AM
conan is (IMHO) is a dufuss.

C&CDean
7/25/2006, 09:58 AM
Yeah, that's him. Conan O'Brien. His schtick is terrible. I've tried, but just can't get into him.

soonerjoker
7/25/2006, 10:03 AM
i mostly always go to sleep, trying towatch conan. comes on too late for an old dud like me.

he is kinda funny, but not good enuff for "tonite show".

JMHO

colleyvillesooner
7/25/2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah, that's him. Conan O'Brien. His schtick is terrible. I've tried, but just can't get into him.

I think those that really like him saw him earlier on and watched him develop. I like him, but I don't know too many people that have jumped on his bandwagon mid trip.

jk the sooner fan
7/25/2006, 10:08 AM
i think you have to follow conan for awhile to get all of his humor

crawfish
7/25/2006, 10:08 AM
Leno > Letterman

And I've tried to watch the red-headed dude who comes on after Leno (I'm just drawing a blank on his name right now) who everybody thinks is so great and I have to wonder "why would anybody enjoy this stupidness?" He just tries way too hard to be stupid. And I read somewhere he's the heir apparent to Leno? Bummer.

I know. Old people tend to like Leno. He doesn't challenge them in any way. :)

yermom
7/25/2006, 10:21 AM
i liked Letterman when he used to break stuff after Johnny

i seem to have better stuff to do now when late night TV is on now though, and rarely ever end up watching any of them

C&CDean
7/25/2006, 10:43 AM
I know. Mature people tend to like Leno. He doesn't insult their intelligence in any way. :)

True enough.

Penguin
7/25/2006, 11:19 AM
i liked Letterman when he used to break stuff after Johnny

i seem to have better stuff to do now when late night TV is on now though, and rarely ever end up watching any of them

I forgot about that. He used to drop **** off of a tall building. Pretty funny stuff.

OUinFLA
7/25/2006, 11:39 AM
I know. Old people tend to like Leno. He doesn't challenge them in any way. :)

Im old and I dont like Leno.
I cant stand the screaming singing chick.
Leno has a ton of rerun shows, cause he's too insecure to have guest hosts.
The announcer is ................worthless?
The bald guitar player just grins, giggles and says "I agree"
My wife insists we watch it, but usually falls asleep in 5 mins, so I switch it to Nightline.

Johnny Carson ruled.
He had guest hosts when took vacations.
Ed McMann had a personality and could be Carson's straight man for all the jokes.
Doc Severenson was the bomb and so was his band.
Carson always had a comedian guest on who actually got to do his act, and most went on to some form of stardom. Including a young Leno.

Leno sucks.

OUstud
7/25/2006, 11:43 AM
Conan owns everyone. I know it was a rerun last night, but his "sprring back like a cat" thing had me in tears. The funniest guy on Letterman is Alan Kalter. "Alan, tell them what she'll be playing for." "Dave, she'll be playing for a brand new ABOVE GROUND POOL!" :D

Rusher
7/25/2006, 01:55 PM
Conan is Da Man. He's hilarious and very fast-witted. He works his crowd better than Leno and Letterman combined. His on-the-spot jokes and comebacks are priceless. And yeah, gotta love that furry cat comeback last night :D