PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant Women in Central Texas

SicEmBaylor
7/24/2006, 10:39 PM
If there are any women who are rather ignorant about football in the Central Texas area then boy oh boy do we have the answer for you!:
http://link.paciolan.com/viewmsg.cfm?n35097s46c19862t44e379468

royalfan5
7/24/2006, 10:44 PM
They will learn how to be excited with almost getting to Okie Light status?

mdklatt
7/24/2006, 10:47 PM
Nothing cures football apathy like the Green and Gold. :texan:

SicEmBaylor
7/24/2006, 10:48 PM
I wish we'd sent Steele to one of these. :(

royalfan5
7/24/2006, 10:50 PM
I wish we'd sent Steele to one of these. :(
You gonna be happy when he is winning ACC titles at Florida State.

SicEmBaylor
7/24/2006, 10:54 PM
You gonna be happy when he is winning ACC titles at Florida State.
Uh, yeah...that's what he'll be doing alright. Coach Carrot is a born winner.

royalfan5
7/24/2006, 10:57 PM
Uh, yeah...that's what he'll be doing alright. Coach Carrot is a born winner.
When you have that much talent and tradition it will be hard for him to lose. Besides isn't blaming the coach a little harsh when you have a C-USA team in the Big XII?

SicEmBaylor
7/24/2006, 11:11 PM
When you have that much talent and tradition it will be hard for him to lose. Besides isn't blaming the coach a little harsh when you have a C-USA team in the Big XII?
You've gotta be kidding. Man...if you only knew..if you only knew...

No, it has EVERYTHING to do with Kevin Steele's coaching. If you want to look at the difference then compare the mess that we were in when GuyMo took over with a Steele coached team. He was horrible. He wasn't tough on the players at all, there was no discipline on the team, he had players playing out of position, he didn't mold the schemes to the players talents, he never made any "forward progress" as a coach, his coaching was lax at best, and by the end of thinks he had gone to coaching linebackers and more or less left everything else up to someone else.

Kevin Steele may make an acceptable position coach but a head coach he sure as hell is not.

Okla-homey
7/25/2006, 05:08 AM
I'm hauling Mrs Homey and my blonde daughter to this Friday night. I think they'll enjoy going to games more after going through this. Plus, there's cocktails served.:D

http://tulsahurricane.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071006aab.html

SicEmBaylor
7/25/2006, 05:13 AM
Plus, there's cocktails served.:D

http://tulsahurricane.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071006aab.html

Ugh, TU wins. There will definitely be no cocktails at ours.
I'm tempted to go myself just to interact with the coaches and see the weight room and stuff.

I've run out onto the field many times though. Basically the only real cool tradition at Baylor is the Baylor line. Baylor freshmen all get jerseys with our names/nicknames on the back and our graduation year and then we get to run out onto the field before the game and line up as the players run out of the tunnel. That's pretty cool.

I never wear my jersey to home games as it isn't kosher to wear it after your fish year, but I do wear it to away games and had it on at the soonerfans tailgate last year at the Baylor game.

royalfan5
7/25/2006, 07:46 AM

No, it has EVERYTHING to do with Kevin Steele's coaching. If you want to look at the difference then compare the mess that we were in when GuyMo took over with a Steele coached team. He was horrible. He wasn't tough on the players at all, there was no discipline on the team, he had players playing out of position, he didn't mold the schemes to the players talents, he never made any "forward progress" as a coach, his coaching was lax at best, and by the end of thinks he had gone to coaching linebackers and more or less left everything else up to someone else.

Kevin Steele may make an acceptable position coach but a head coach he sure as hell is not.See, know you no what it's like to be told Frank Solich was a good coach, and then have to explain that he wasn't. Baylor is still a C-USA football program though.

Okla-homey
7/25/2006, 08:20 AM
See, know you no what it's like to be told Frank Solich was a good coach, and then have to explain that he wasn't. Baylor is still a C-USA football program though.

Do not disparage the C-USA. I freely admit it is not a big-time conference and is home to mid-majors, but...Tulsa (and UtEP, SMU, UCF, Southern Miss and UAB) is a C-USA program that could beat Baylor. IOW, if they were in the C-USA, they would be in the cellar with Rice and Tulane. Just like they are in the cellar in the Big XII.

Chuck Bao
7/25/2006, 09:34 AM
I agree with Homey that C-USA isn't a bad conference. On the other hand, I don't think Baylor would be in the cellar of the conference, at least not last year. Baylor played OU quite tough in Norman last year and beat SMU. Baylor would have made a bowl game if it weren't for the silly quarterback changes.

Dio
7/25/2006, 12:13 PM

No, it has EVERYTHING to do with John Blake's coaching. If you want to look at the difference then compare the mess that we were in when Stoops took over with a Blake coached team. He was horrible. He wasn't tough on the players at all, there was no discipline on the team, he had players playing out of position, he didn't mold the schemes to the players talents, he never made any "forward progress" as a coach, his coaching was lax at best, and by the end of things he had gone to erasing recruiting info off the computers when he knew he was about to get canned and more or less left everything else up to someone else.

John Blake may make an acceptable recruiter but a head coach he sure as hell is not.

Fixed