PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever sold their home without a realtor?

oumartin
7/24/2006, 10:02 PM
I'm leaving the wife behind to sell our house w/o using a realtor. I've been told we only need to hire an attorney to work up the contract.. is there any other little items i should know about?

yermom
7/24/2006, 10:11 PM
F realtors

royalfan5
7/24/2006, 10:12 PM
If you had a trailer house, you wouldn't have this problem.

crawfish
7/24/2006, 10:14 PM
As long as you have somebody to work you though the title process, you'll be fine.

We've sold two that way. They both went smoother than the transactions we've had using realtors...

oumartin
7/24/2006, 10:15 PM
you can use the title company for that right?

Kels
7/24/2006, 11:29 PM
In OK, you don't need an attorney. Pick up a contract at any office supply store. It's easy, and beats paying 6% to someone who doesn't do anything.

slickdawg
7/24/2006, 11:36 PM
http://www.forsalebyowner.com/

I foubd this tonight while trying to gather information for the house we're
going to buy. It's for sale by owner.

ChickSoonerFan
A title company should be able to help with most of it. They will sometimes even hold the earnest money if you don't want to keep it yourself. You should be able to get a contract at an office supply place.

Realtors do their fair share for the 6%. Just depends on if you want to do that yourself.

slickdawg
A title company should be able to help with most of it. They will sometimes even hold the earnest money if you don't want to keep it yourself. You should be able to get a contract at an office supply place.

Realtors do their fair share for the 6%. Just depends on if you want to do that yourself.

Chick is right. The good ones will earn their 6%.

Of course, our place sold in 2 days, but they had been showing this
couple homes for some time.

oumartin
7/24/2006, 11:46 PM
thanks guys.

oumartin
7/25/2006, 05:02 PM
okay, so i stick a for sale sign in my yard this morning.
i've fielded five calls and two showings.
one guy says he wants to pay cash money for this house but my price is to high.. i think i can get my price for the house. so, do i hold out?
or just make a little less money? like 10k less.

crawfish
7/25/2006, 05:03 PM
you can use the title company for that right?

I know it's already been answered, but yes.

crawfish
7/25/2006, 05:04 PM
one guy says he wants to pay cash money for this house but my price is to high.. i think i can get my price for the house. so, do i hold out?
or just make a little less money? like 10k less.

This soon? I say hold out. It doesn't matter to you what form he's using to provide you with cash - it's all the same on your end.

10K is a lot of bucks.

oumartin
7/25/2006, 05:05 PM
okay, well i'm not a hard negotiator and i know you hard asses on here won't steer me wrong..

MamaMia
7/25/2006, 05:06 PM
or just make a little less money? like 10k less.I'd hold out and tell him that someone else is interested. By the way, tell Mrs. oumartin that showing your home without another adult present, is not a safe thing to do. :)

yermom
7/25/2006, 05:06 PM
yeah, that's what i was thinking

although, if it's cash you could not tell the bank ;)

oumartin
7/25/2006, 05:07 PM
i showed it mom.. not her. shes working and is far to distraught to show it.
but maybe its not safe for me neither. i am pretty.

MamaMia
7/25/2006, 05:12 PM
i showed it mom.. not her. shes working and is far to distraught to show it.
but maybe its not safe for me neither. i am pretty.Have you had the house appraised, and did you ever take those shrubs out of the pots and plant them into the ground? ;)

oumartin
7/25/2006, 05:14 PM
you are killing me mom..
we had it appraised 6 months ago..
I just listed it by going off what property is selling for now per sq ft.
and no, i could never get her to take them out. i just want them gone and have a rock garden! they're all dead now anyhow.

MamaMia
7/25/2006, 05:27 PM
you are killing me mom..
we had it appraised 6 months ago..
I just listed it by going off what property is selling for now per sq ft.
and no, i could never get her to take them out. i just want them gone and have a rock garden! they're all dead now anyhow.I was just asking! :P

Poor little shrubs. :(