PDA

View Full Version : The case of the disappearing spoons

MamaMia
7/24/2006, 05:39 PM
Am I the only one who cant keep spoons? The forks and knives are all still here. I have no idea why its just the spoons that are disappearing. It seems as though I have to order at least a dozen spoons each and every year. :(

mdklatt
7/24/2006, 05:49 PM
Am I the only one who cant keep spoons? The forks and knives are all still here. I have no idea why its just the spoons that are disappearing.

Have you interrogated the dishes?

Okla-homey
7/24/2006, 05:50 PM
I'm sock loser myself...either that, or the dryer eats them. I'm not sure which.

StoopTroup
7/24/2006, 05:52 PM
I found ours in the backyard while mowing.

Evidently the shovels in the garage and the shed aren't as efficient digging tools for the kids.

BajaOklahoma
7/24/2006, 05:55 PM
Mom, I think the spoons are having a thing with the socks.
We bought new silverware last summer. We couldn't just buy replacement pieces because it was discontinued. :mad:
We tend to use a bunch of ice teaspoons, so we bought 8 extras. I may buy some more before they discontinue this pattern too.

StoopTroup
7/24/2006, 06:00 PM
I may buy some more before they discontinue this pattern too.
Hillbillies don't have just one pattern in the drawer.

I'm just sayin'...

MamaMia
7/24/2006, 06:26 PM
Mom, I think the spoons are having a thing with the socks.
We bought new silverware last summer. We couldn't just buy replacement pieces because it was discontinued. :mad:
We tend to use a bunch of ice teaspoons, so we bought 8 extras. I may buy some more before they discontinue this pattern too.
My sisters pattern was discontinued as well, but she found a few sites online that sell pieces of discontinued flatware and silver. Since you've already purchased a new pattern, it may be fun to offer what you have to someone who still has that old pattern. You may make enough money on the deal to pay for a few more teaspoons and serving pieces for your new pattern.

olevetonahill
7/24/2006, 06:35 PM
Hillbillies don't have just one pattern in the drawer.

I'm just sayin'...
My thoughts egsakery ;)

SicEmBaylor
7/24/2006, 07:28 PM
I lose knives and cups.
But if I lose one of my shot glasses then I go skitz.

AlbqSooner
7/24/2006, 08:07 PM
Spoons are musical instruments to hillbillies.

BajaOklahoma
7/24/2006, 08:51 PM
I gave the old set to my daughter to take to college. There were still enough pieces for guests.

I have some various small sets in the drawer - the toddler sets for each of my kids, spoons given to me from my m-i-l.

Sometimes I fel that I am cursed - all of the patterns that I order are discontinued within a year or two fo my purchasing them. :(

Tailwind
7/24/2006, 09:01 PM
I have no trouble keeping spoons....but the salad forks keep disappearing.

mdklatt
7/24/2006, 09:05 PM
Damn, do you people invite a lot of felons over for dinner? How do you lose silverware?

Okla-homey
7/24/2006, 09:17 PM
Damn, do you people invite a lot of felons over for dinner? How do you lose silverware?

well Mom did have that messican yard man.;)

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6184/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzcc28934qc4.jp g (http://imageshack.us)

Tailwind
7/24/2006, 09:17 PM
Prolly irresponsible people scrape them into the trash when I'm not looking.

sanantoniosooner
7/24/2006, 09:19 PM
You really dont want those spoons back after Ike's boys have been swimming in them.

Scott D
7/24/2006, 09:58 PM
Spoons.....you have daughters...the interrogation begins there.

BajaOklahoma
7/24/2006, 10:14 PM

Wait til you have kids. If you didn't lose them to projects in the backyard, then you will lose them to teenagers taking them into the twilight zone known as their room (even when threatened about not taking them in there).

GottaHavePride
7/24/2006, 10:43 PM
Spoons are musical instruments to hillbillies.

Irv Wagner swears by a pair of spoons he stole from a hotel in Austria. Says they sound better than all the others he's tried.

ChickSoonerFan
7/24/2006, 11:07 PM
My spoons disappear too in lunches for things like yougurt, pudding, applesauce.

and have you ever played the card game called spoons? It is a BLAST!