PDA

View Full Version : CFN & Notre Dame

Snrfn4ever08
7/24/2006, 05:10 PM
i know there's some hatred against cfn in these forums, but i'm pretty sure that most people on here are going to enjoy this news. cfn claims their preseason rankings are based on how good the team is top to bottom and not really a preseason ranking. they say they rank teams based on where they'll finish. here's the good part: the have the mighty notre dame fighting irish and (media's) heisman favorite brady quinn ranked 18th in the nation with a predicted finish of 8-4. cfn hasn't been my favorite site, but after this, they're kinda growing on me. they're releasing their rankings in increments of ten counting up to the best. so far, ou has not been mentioned and all that's left is the top ten. i think this is great news. finally, someone seems to see all of the problems that nd has. they say that notre dame is "tremendously flawed." i love it. :D
here's the link:

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Rankings/Preview2006_11_20.htm

Snrfn4ever08
7/24/2006, 11:42 PM
i can't believe that no one on in these forums has an opinon about this. come on, guys i'm dissapointed

Landthief 1972
7/25/2006, 08:54 AM
I think ND will be better than 8-4. Charlie Weis is a great coach, and most of their offense is back. Plus, USC is down from last year, and won't have Bush to shove the QB into the endzone to steal a win from ND.

Is that better, Snr? ;)

CU Sooner
7/25/2006, 08:59 AM
I think their season hinges on the very first game w/GT, which I think they will lose. It will be deja vu for nd, and the domers will be looking for Willingham as they choke throughout the season.

Snrfn4ever08
7/25/2006, 01:52 PM
I think ND will be better than 8-4. Charlie Weis is a great coach, and most of their offense is back. Plus, USC is down from last year, and won't have Bush to shove the QB into the endzone to steal a win from ND.

Is that better, Snr? ;)
i'm glad somebody finally replied. as for my opinion, i think as far as notre dame is concerned, there's a huge gap between 8-4 and 9-3. i think 9-3 is very realistic for the domers, but it would have to be a major disapointment (for them, not us) for them to get to 8-4. i see them losing to usc, gt, and at least one more team on their schedule. they've got a tough schedule, so you can pretty much toss it up in the air as to who that third loss will be to.

Harry Beanbag
7/25/2006, 05:21 PM
i can't believe that no one on in these forums has an opinon about this. come on, guys i'm dissapointed

I think Notre Dame sucks. How's that? :)

Snrfn4ever08
7/25/2006, 08:27 PM
I think Notre Dame sucks. How's that? :)
better, much better;)