PDA

View Full Version : chiropractor's wallet-1 hatfield's back- 0

Hatfield
7/24/2006, 03:39 PM
still hurts. :mad:

mdklatt
7/24/2006, 03:41 PM

Didn't he offer you a warranty or sumthin?

picasso
umm dude. if you're bad off or way out of line then it's going to take a few visits. and it's not voodoo, it really does work. give it a chance.

Hatfield
yeah he offered the extended warranty but i thought you weren't supposed to buy that because it is a ripoff??

etouffee
7/24/2006, 03:42 PM
it does take a while. and it's not really fair to expect him to cure it instantly, if a "real doctor" can't do that either. i had pretty good results with chiropractic over time.

Hatfield
7/24/2006, 03:42 PM
i know picasso, 31 years of punishment shouldn't expected to clear up in one adjustment...especially when what was hurting was so tight he couldn't pop/crack it.

Hatfield
7/24/2006, 03:43 PM
can't believe my witch doctor was out of town and i had to go to the chiro ;)

NormanPride
7/24/2006, 03:46 PM
achiro post in 3..2..1..

;)

Hatfield
7/24/2006, 03:48 PM
waitaminute....i thought achiro was like japanese or sumptin

MamaMia
7/24/2006, 03:52 PM
Didn't he offer you a warranty or sumthin?He didn't use that activator thing on you did he?

Hatfield
7/24/2006, 03:53 PM
i hope not....since i don't know what you are talking about....have i been violated? ;)

C&CDean
7/24/2006, 03:57 PM
Chiropracty is to medicine what soccer is to sports. Waste of time.

You wanna get your back in shape? If you don't have any actual injury/damage, go to the dang gym. Start a good exercise program. Focus on core exercises, shoulders, legs, and anything else that helps "support" your back. Seriously, I keep my body pain free by causing it pain at the gym. I don't get the back/knee/shoulder/body pains anymore.

Of course if you're doing something stupid, like swinging a golf club way too hard then you deserve to hurt.

Hatfield
7/24/2006, 04:03 PM
funny as the injury is probably soccer related.

SoonerWood
7/24/2006, 04:04 PM
But what if you like heaving up and throwing large boulders? Do they make an excercise for THAT, Mr Universe?? huh?

C&CDean
7/24/2006, 04:04 PM
Well then you definitely deserve to hurt. Teach you a lesson about being a field fairy.

C&CDean
7/24/2006, 04:05 PM
But what if you like heaving up and throwing large boulders? Do they make an excercise for THAT, Mr Universe?? huh?

If you're heaving large boulders I don't think any exercise is gonna help.

MamaMia
7/24/2006, 04:06 PM
i hope not....since i don't know what you are talking about....have i been violated? ;)Thats a hand held thing that they use to severely thrust major pressure pops all over ones back. They did that to me a few years ago after a neck injury from a car accident. It hurt really bad. After 6 weekly visits with him, I felt much worse. That was my only experience with a chiropractor. The physical therapist really helped though. :)

Hatfield
7/24/2006, 04:06 PM
Well then you definitely deserve to hurt. Teach you a lesson about being a field fairy.

i think it is great that you are able to get internet access from the closet.

Hatfield
7/24/2006, 04:07 PM
Thats a hand held thing that they use to severely thrust major pressure pops all over ones back. They did that to me a few years ago after a neck injury from a car accident. It hurt really bad. After 6 weekly visits with him, I felt much worse. That was my only experience with a chiropractor. The physical therapist really helped though. :)

dear god that sounds horrible....that thankfully didn't happen to me.

GottaHavePride
7/24/2006, 04:08 PM

You wanna get your back in shape? If you don't have any actual injury/damage, go to the dang gym. Start a good exercise program. Focus on core exercises, shoulders, legs, and anything else that helps "support" your back. Seriously, I keep my body pain free by causing it pain at the gym. I don't get the back/knee/shoulder/body pains anymore.

Of course if you're doing something stupid, like swinging a golf club way too hard then you deserve to hurt.

Funny, PG and I keep suggesting to our mom that the best way to stop her knee from hurting is to exercise the muscles around the knee so the joint doesn't have so much strain put on it. She maintains that the best remedy is just not to use her knee.

Personally, I think that - since it's pretty obvious her knee problems started years ago when she fell on it in a parking lot - she popped one of the tendons in there and has been doing without ever since, but no way will you ever convince a stubborn farmer's daughter from near Atoka to go get reconstructive surgery done on her knee. ;)

C&CDean
7/24/2006, 04:08 PM
i think it is great that you are able to get internet access from the closet.

tee hee that's funny right there, I don't care who you are....

mdklatt
7/24/2006, 04:10 PM
stubborn farmer's daughter from near Atoka

I can only think of one crop that's grown near Atoka.

MamaMia
7/24/2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah, and the mayor makes the police chief water it.

etouffee
7/24/2006, 04:31 PM
tee hee that's funny right there, I don't care who you are...."tee hee" ??? you never really struck me as a "tee hee" type of guy. it's good to see there's another side of you, dean.:D

mdklatt
7/24/2006, 04:33 PM
"tee hee" ??? you never really struck me as a "tee hee" type of guy.

"tee hee" and :P

I'm telling you, something's just not right.

C&CDean
7/24/2006, 04:34 PM
It's Hatfield we're talking about here people. A little "tee-hee" is certainly appropriate, no?

SoonerWood
7/24/2006, 04:36 PM
it's never appropriate for hetero guys.

Okla-homey
7/24/2006, 04:39 PM

I told you it would take twelve visits...at least. ;)

Taxman71
7/24/2006, 04:50 PM
At least he got to take one of those crooked pens home as a souvenir.

But seriously, all back pain can be eliminated with 2 percocets and 3 fingers of Jack Daniels.

Mixer!
7/24/2006, 04:52 PM
problems started years ago when she fell on it in a parking lot

:eddie:

I'm going to hell for that one. :O

GottaHavePride
7/24/2006, 04:58 PM
Well, by "near" Atoka I mean "20 miles outside of". And he had been on his 120 acres since right after WW2. About all I can ever remember him growing was a vegetable garden. And maybe a few cows. And chickens. And one pig every year.

Oh, and lol at Mixer. :D

Hatfield
7/24/2006, 05:27 PM
it's never appropriate for hetero guys.

which is why it is appropriate for dean...given his current location...which does appear to be a closet.

picasso
7/24/2006, 05:31 PM

not always the cure Deaner. I've been lifting for 15 years now. back, abs, large and small muscle groups.
I'm telling you the old chiropractor has worked for me. I slipped a disc lifting many a year ago, developed sciatica, 2 times I've had dead leg on the left side. no strength and atrophy of the muscle.
chiropractor guy cured me Jack!

mdklatt
7/24/2006, 05:34 PM
Well, by "near" Atoka I mean "20 miles outside of".

Not helping. :D

About all I can ever remember him growing was a vegetable garden.

Vegetable garden, herb garden...you say tomato, I say tomarijuana.

StoopTroup
7/24/2006, 05:43 PM
Hatfield...

You need an MRI and a good Osteopathic Doctor to give you a complete workover.

If they can't help you then go back to the Chiropracter.

If neither help you...

Consider buying your Oxy-contin online from a Doctor in Canada. ;)

mdklatt
7/24/2006, 05:46 PM
If neither help you...

Consider buying your Oxy-contin from Rush Limbaugh's doctor.

Ahem.

Oldnslo
7/24/2006, 08:21 PM
My brother-in-law is an Osteopathic Doctor.

You damn sure can too get cured in one adjustment.

IMHO, which isn't so H, if you feel you need an adjustment, go to a DO who does them. You not only get an adjustment, you can also get meds.

SicEmBaylor
7/24/2006, 08:43 PM

IMHO, which isn't so H, if you feel you need an adjustment, go to a DO who does them. You not only get an adjustment, you can also get meds.

Spek for you. My dad's a D.O. and I feel the same way.

sanantoniosooner
7/24/2006, 09:12 PM
Spek for you. My dad's a D.O. and I feel the same way.
ahhhhhh.........

Your ringing endorsement for D.O.s and disdain for chiros just took a credibility hit.

Okla-homey
7/24/2006, 09:13 PM
Come to Tulsa, you can't swing a dead cat up here without hitting a DO...its that oSu doctor college. Its all they make.

Trivia: What is the only hospital in Oklahoma accredited by the American Osteopath Association? Tulsa Regional Medical Center...soon to be re-christened the Oklahoma State University Center of Medical Excellence...I kid you not.:eek:

picasso
7/24/2006, 09:15 PM

yep. my first cure of sciatica came this way. the DO gave me some high powered anti-inflamatory stuff and it worked!
next time was chiropractor, he worked on me for a few weeks but it's been longer lasting. I know people it hasn't worked for.
never know I guess.

SicEmBaylor
7/24/2006, 09:35 PM
Come to Tulsa, you can't swing a dead cat up here without hitting a DO...its that oSu doctor college. Its all they make.

Trivia: What is the only hospital in Oklahoma accredited by the American Osteopath Association? Tulsa Regional Medical Center...soon to be re-christened the Oklahoma State University Center of Medical Excellence...I kid you not.:eek:

Is it called Tulsa Regional again? Tulsa regional was the old name and then they got bought out and the name changed, and then from what I understand OSU bought them out but I didn't know it reverted back to Tulsa Regional. I always called it Tulsa Regional no matter what the name was.

And Tulsa Regional is a fantastic hospital by the way. I broke my femur completely in half and was going into shock and had internal bleeding. They got me fixed up and my orthopedic surgeon (who was a DO) did an absolute amazing job. They told me I may walk with a slight limp and have some arthritis in my leg for the rest of my life, but he did an amazing job. I have no limp, no pain, nothing.

SicEmBaylor
7/24/2006, 09:36 PM
And anyway, my dad graduated from OSU medical but it wasn't OSU medical back then.

SicEmBaylor
7/24/2006, 09:36 PM
ahhhhhh.........

Your ringing endorsement for D.O.s and disdain for chiros just took a credibility hit.
Perhaps, but I was upfront about that bias in the other thread.

You should see the political fights though going on between the AMA/AOA and whatever the Chriopractic association is called. It gets pretty damned nasty. There's a smiliar battle being waged between Ophtomologists (Eye doctors with an medical degree) and Optomestrists over various types of eye surgery.

achiro
7/24/2006, 11:14 PM
but I was upfront about that bias in the other thread.

and you still haven't answered my question in that thread.:rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
7/24/2006, 11:15 PM
and you still haven't answered my question in that thread.:rolleyes:
Alright hold on. Let me go look at it.

Mixer!
7/24/2006, 11:45 PM
Trivia: What is the only hospital in Oklahoma accredited by the American Osteopath Association? Tulsa Regional Medical Center...soon to be re-christened the T. Boone Pickens' Sports Center of Medical Excellence...I kid you not.:eek:

fixed.

olevetonahill
7/25/2006, 12:29 AM
OK I'm gonna weigh in here
Ive had 6 different surgeons tell me
I need surgery
I don't Need surgery
They cant make up their minds , so None of em are cuttin on me :eek:

Scott D
7/25/2006, 12:29 AM
gee that's funny, because I could swear that a lot of the MD's I've gone to in the past 10 years are quacks also.

OCUDad
7/25/2006, 12:44 AM
OK I'm gonna weigh in here
Ive had 6 different surgeons tell me
I need surgery
I don't Need surgery
They cant make up their minds , so None of em are cuttin on me :eek:Lobotomies are painless, or so I'm told. Nut up and get 'er done. :P