PDA

View Full Version : OU AND NOTRE DAME????

bomber64manat
7/24/2006, 11:33 AM
OU IS GONNA WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR AND I THINK THEY ARE GOING TO PLAY NOTRE DAME FOR IT, AND IF NOTRE DAME DOSENT THEN HERE ARE MY OHTER PICKS

OU AND PENN STATE

OU AND OHIO STATE

DONT EVEN THINK IM GONNA PUT LES MILES ON MY POST... MY CAR SUCKS AS IT IS.

mdklatt
7/24/2006, 11:36 AM
OU IS GONNA WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR AND I THINK THEY ARE GOING TO PLAY NOTRE DAME FOR IT, AND IF NOTRE DAME DOSENT THEN HERE ARE MY OHTER PICKS

OU AND PENN STATE

OU AND OHIO STATE

WHY ARE YOU YELLING? DIDN'T PENN STATE LOSE A TON OF STARTERS?

WTF? :confused:

soonerinabilene
7/24/2006, 11:47 AM
LOUD NOISES!!!!!

and no way penn state makes it after losing so many guys. their main guy that they have returning is recovering from a MAJOR knee injury. last year was joe pa's last chance, and they blew it against michigan, imo.

notre dame will have to learn how to play what football gurus call "defense" in order to have a shot.

dont be surprised to see florida OR florida state (i cant believe i just typed that) in the hunt at the end of the year.

its a wide open year though, should be a lot of surprises. i honestly think that their is not a clear cut frontrunner for the first time in a while.

Sooner in Tampa
7/24/2006, 11:56 AM
http://rulzofpunk.free.fr/images/r_u_drunk.JPG

HarrisTubbsFan
7/24/2006, 12:12 PM
Notre Dame has no chance to make an NC game till they get a defense. They play too tough of a schedule to win every game with no defense.

Rhino
7/24/2006, 12:13 PM
NO WAY JOSE! OMGROFLLOLBRBAFKGADOCADWI

TexanSooner420
7/24/2006, 12:28 PM
OU-Louisville, its a longshot but oh well

Beef
7/24/2006, 01:10 PM
I love cheese.

bomber64manat
7/24/2006, 02:10 PM
what is this suppose to mean

Beef
7/24/2006, 02:25 PM
That I love cheese. I didn't think that was a terribly complicated statement.

Snrfn4ever08
7/24/2006, 03:30 PM
That I love cheese. I didn't think that was a terribly complicated statement.
i don't know, you kinda caught me off guard.:D anyway, no chance at all that penn state gets to the championship with the loss of almost all players that were actually good. as for nd, they don't have a defense and their schedule is too tough. i'm still trying to figure out what all the brady quinn love is all about. i haven't seen him do anything so impressive that he deserves all of the heisman hype he gets. i hate to say it, but i think the NC game opponent could be usc again mainly because of their horribly weak conference. unless notre dame gets them, i don't think i see anyone putting up much of challenge(although i wouldn't mind seeing arizona come up with a nice little upset over 'em). i think a team like west virginia even has a chance. i was really impressed with their team from what i saw of their games last year. i think florida state is a long shot, but probably could make it and probably has a better chance than florida. i think the sec has turned into too much of a powerhouse football conference. for the most part, all the sec teams do is beat the crap out of each other all year.

BASSooner
7/24/2006, 04:14 PM
LOUD NOISES!!!!!

and no way penn state makes it after losing so many guys. their main guy that they have returning is recovering from a MAJOR knee injury. last year was joe pa's last chance, and they blew it against michigan, imo.

notre dame will have to learn how to play what football gurus call "defense" in order to have a shot.

dont be surprised to see florida OR florida state (i cant believe i just typed that) in the hunt at the end of the year.

its a wide open year though, should be a lot of surprises. i honestly think that their is not a clear cut frontrunner for the first time in a while.
I can't really see either team being in the NC at the end of the year. If anyone one of the 2, it would be FSU. Although, florida is the better team, they're in the SEC...

bomber64manat
7/24/2006, 04:59 PM
brady quinn isnt that good ill give you that, he is overrated when it comes to winning a heisman... but we all know whos gonna win that...

goingoneight
7/24/2006, 09:08 PM
brady quinn isnt that good ill give you that, he is overrated when it comes to winning a heisman... but we all know whos gonna win that...

I'm-a gonna believe you said Brady was good, but not great... correct?

Everyone is quick to hate a domer QB just becuase of where he's playing CFB at. His 2005 stats were a world of a difference from his first two runs at NDQB. Weiss is a great offensive coordinator who just lacks a D for 2006. Pete Carroll can pull it off, a Super Bowl Champ can do it just as easy. The only time a team struggles with a weak D is against a high-powered offense. See OU/USC 2005 Orange Bowl. In a game where two teams could fire away all night long, the defense eventually takes the crown. That is why they say "defense wins championships." BQ is smart and effective under center and given any other jersey he would be a given Heisman any other year on this board.

As for the OU/ND title game. It would be incredible to win that one for number 8. But if you think we got raped in Lubbock, just wait till you play ND for a crystal ball. Don't even pray for that to happen. Darius Walker would be scoring touchdowns on the 10 yard line.

What I'm saying is, every year there is a QB who is a notch above the rest (Jason White, Leinart, Young, etc.). And with the last decade being so pass-oriented, only phenominal Running Backs can beat them for Heisman Trophies. Especially if they wear a golden dome. I would like to have a player like BQ for the same reason I liked Josh Heupel. Don't think I'm saying they're identical, but neither one of them dazzle the crowd with their athletic ability, they just tear up opponents' D by using their heads.

Landthief 1972
7/25/2006, 08:58 AM

OU AND PENN STATE

OU AND OHIO STATE

"I WANT TO USE THE LOUD FUNNY VOICES!" - Stimpson J. Kat

http://members.iinet.com.au/~coleman/stimpy.jpg

soonerhubs
7/25/2006, 09:45 AM
I love cheese.
I love cheese too.:pop:

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/25/2006, 09:58 AM
You guys better be careful and stay serious in this thread..Bomber has 98 guys chomping at the bit after hearing your comments ;)

badger
7/25/2006, 10:55 AM
HOLY COW! NOT NOTRE DAME! DO YOU BUY THE HYPE? DO YOU?

bomber64manat
7/25/2006, 07:59 PM
hey gandalf the grey this place is a place to have fun and express your own opnions... that was a joke about the 98 guys. theres a commentment prorcess that mwc has to work on( if you get what i mean)...again a joke.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/25/2006, 08:06 PM
"commentment prorcess" National Honor Society and Honor Roll eh ;) just kidding kid

Snrfn4ever08
7/25/2006, 08:24 PM
hey gandalf the grey this place is a place to have fun and express your own opnions... that was a joke about the 98 guys. theres a commentment prorcess that mwc has to work on( if you get what i mean)...again a joke.
dude, you asked for that one:D