PDA

View Full Version : Cobblestone in Muskogee

Hamhock
7/24/2006, 08:10 AM
They've really done a lot to this course in the last few years. The course was in pretty good shape. If you have the opportunity to play it, you should.

Norm In Norman
7/24/2006, 08:17 AM
When we were in Alexandria a few months ago, we saw some cobblestone streets. I was more impressed with the cobblestone at Boston though. It's really not as comfortable to walk on as most things are though.

Mjcpr
7/24/2006, 08:18 AM
My mom lives out that way and I've only played it one time......I thought it was a pretty nice course. When I was young, I used to play Eagle Crest a lot. I've been wanting to play that again just to see how it's changed.

Hamhock
7/24/2006, 08:19 AM
When we were in Alexandria a few months ago, we saw some cobblestone streets. I was more impressed with the cobblestone at Boston though. It's really not as comfortable to walk on as most things are though.

Yes, but have you seen the cobblestone in Muskogee?

Norm In Norman
7/24/2006, 08:26 AM
Yes, but have you seen the cobblestone in Muskogee?
No, not really. i can only assume it is fake because why the heck would someone make a cobblestone street now? When i think 18th century streets, I don't really think of Muskogee.

Hamhock
7/24/2006, 08:38 AM
My mom lives out that way and I've only played it one time......I thought it was a pretty nice course. When I was young, I used to play Eagle Crest a lot. I've been wanting to play that again just to see how it's changed.

Don't waste your time. I played Eagle crest about 3 years ago. It was in terrible shape. I actually lost a ball in the fairway because of all the grass clippings.

They've done a lot of clearing at Cobblestone lately and have made it really nice.

Mjcpr
7/24/2006, 08:42 AM
Hmmm......I was afraid of that. Waaaay back, EC used to be called.........something else and it eventually went out of business. Then when I was a teenager they opened it up again as EC and it was actually a pretty decent course. At the time, it was the only course in Muskogee outside of Muskogee Country Club.

Hamhock
7/24/2006, 08:50 AM
Hmmm......I was afraid of that. Waaaay back, EC used to be called.........something else and it eventually went out of business. Then when I was a teenager they opened it up again as EC and it was actually a pretty decent course. At the time, it was the only course in Muskogee outside of Muskogee Country Club.

Meadowbrook?

Mjcpr
7/24/2006, 08:51 AM
Meadowbrook?

Yep, that's it......Meadowbrook.

ousoonerfan
7/24/2006, 09:24 AM
Eagle Crest also used to have a pretty good 9 hole course. I went to play it after work one day a few months ago and it was closed and turned into a pasture for cattle. I was most dissappointed.

Mjcpr
7/24/2006, 09:26 AM
Eagle Crest also used to have a pretty good 9 hole course. I went to play it after work one day a few months ago and it was closed and turned into a pasture for cattle. I was most dissappointed.

I was thinking that they went from 18 to 27 holes at one point but I wasn't sure.

ousoonerfan
7/24/2006, 09:28 AM
It was two separate courses. The 9 hole was south and east of the main course. I've never played the 18 hole course, but the 9 was a really fun course to play. Don't know why it's gone though.

Hamhock
7/24/2006, 03:17 PM
Did you know that Chet's is now selling franchises?

ousoonerfan
7/24/2006, 04:13 PM

Yeah, there's one in Wagoner. Good stuff.

DeadSolidPerfect
7/24/2006, 05:01 PM
Hamlin's
My Place BBQ
Maylon's BBQ
Zepp's Hamburgers
Charlie's Chicken
Chet's
Slick's

Mmmmmm, Muskogee.

SicEmBaylor
9/28/2006, 11:41 PM
So, I'm suppose to play at Cobblestone this weekend with some friends.

I haven't played golf since I was in Middle School when I'd go out and play at Eagle Crest, so I'm going to be sucking it up.

Eagle Crest didn't used to be so bad, but I haven't played there since they put the sand traps in. They didn't used to have sand traps..not one....

Also, one of my friends mentioned bringing a case of beer. I don't want to get kicked off another golf course, so is Cobblestone okay with BYOB?

Octavian
9/28/2006, 11:48 PM
I don't want to get kicked off another golf course...

:D

you're gonna need a case b/c if you haven't played since middle school and you're going w/ friends, you're gonna be a walking punch-line.

SicEmBaylor
9/28/2006, 11:50 PM
:D

you're gonna need a case b/c if you haven't played since middle school and you're going w/ friends, you're gonna be a walking punch-line.

I'm already a walking punch line.

Octavian
9/28/2006, 11:52 PM
it's not as fun when you say it...

;)

AllAboutThe'O'
9/29/2006, 12:40 AM
I was in Muskogee last week and made my must-stop at Mahylon's. The vanilla ice cream with strawberries on top always puts the finishing touches on a great meal there.
(Wow; can't believe I actually posted in a thread about golf)

Mjcpr
9/29/2006, 08:29 AM
I don't think any place that sells beer will allow you to bring beer....I'm pretty sure they won't be okay with it. You'll have to buy it there.

IB4OU2
9/29/2006, 09:12 AM

You sure you did'nt go to Coweta and try to play "The Woods" course? :D

King Crimson
9/29/2006, 10:19 AM
i won back to back 15-17 junior tournaments at meadowbrook (eagle crest goat track) and Muskogee CC.

SicEmBaylor
9/29/2006, 06:23 PM
Yeah so now I have an 11:00 tee time. If we finish the front 9 without getting booted off the course it'll be a miracle.

SicEmBaylor
10/1/2006, 07:51 PM
So, Cobblestone is pretty nice. I still think I like Eagle Crest better though.
The friends who were suppose to show up didn't, and a couple that weren't suppose to did so I ended up golfing with a different group and they sucked as bad as I did.

It took us almost 6 hours to complete the 18 hole round, and the best I did on any hole the entire round was a bogey. I shot was shooting +3 and +4 over par. Yes, I suck.

It was fun though.

Hamhock
8/1/2007, 02:37 PM
played this weekend. course was in terrible shape.

stay away.

The Maestro
8/1/2007, 02:50 PM
Man, Muskogee golf. That takes me back. Me and my friends used to walk 72 holes every Saturday at Meadowbrook like it was nothing. I was actually in the clubhouse watching when Michael Jordan got to 63 points against the Celtics...one of those moments where you never forget where you are at.

I loved playing the Country Club course as a member of the worst high school golf team ever assembled. The girls basketball coaches, Coach Tarkington and Bell, were are "drivers". I never considered them coaches since they sucked at golf worse than we did. Hell, I think it was 1987 when we HOSTED regionals and came in LAST...how does that happen? Great course, though. Love the third hole there. Coach Tark would tell us if we came in last we had to listen to stuff like Conway Twitty or Steppenwolf on the way home...so we listened to that a lot. But we ate well.

Oh, and if you are in Muskogee, you HAVE to enjoy some white sauce at El Chico or Hamlin's...goes better with the hot sauce at El Chico, but I am biased since that was my first job making a whopping $3.33 an hour.

XingTheRubicon
8/1/2007, 04:36 PM
Played Cobblestone a month ago.

First shot, wet.

The water looks like it's a half a mile away but it's 255 yards from the tee on ol' No. 1. My first drive usually clank off the ball washer, but this one was good....good enough to be wet.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/1/2007, 04:47 PM
Oh, and if you are in Muskogee, you HAVE to enjoy some white sauce at El Chico or Hamlin's...goes better with the hot sauce at El Chico, but I am biased since that was my first job making a whopping $3.33 an hour.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Hamlin's has re-opened since they had that fire a year or so ago. Last time I was in Muskogee, around March, I drove by Hamlin's and the place was still boarded up.

Hamhock
8/1/2007, 04:51 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Hamlin's has re-opened since they had that fire a year or so ago. Last time I was in Muskogee, around March, I drove by Hamlin's and the place was still boarded up.

West side

AllAboutThe'O'
8/1/2007, 04:53 PM
West side

There's a Hamlin's in another part of town? I did not know that.

SicEmBaylor
8/1/2007, 04:56 PM
The old Hamilns actually burned. They're trying to get it open again, but as of a month or two ago it wasn't open. The only one open now is the new one.

The Maestro
8/1/2007, 04:56 PM
Hamlin's West was never as good as East. But I think El Chico trumps them both.

Man, I remember Wednesday night's going to Cowboy's BBQ. Sandwiches were 99 cents on Wednesday. Good times, good times!

AllAboutThe'O'
8/1/2007, 04:59 PM
The old Hamilns actually burned. They're trying to get it open again, but as of a month or two ago it wasn't open. The only one open now is the new one.
Where is the new Hamlin's located?

SicEmBaylor
8/1/2007, 05:05 PM
Where is the new Hamlin's located?
Over by the hospital.

Mjcpr
8/1/2007, 06:20 PM
Coach Tarkington is in some kind of trouble in Muskogee as I understand it.

Anyone have Mr Derrick at West High? I think he was a Geography "teacher". Basically, we colored maps.

The Maestro
8/1/2007, 06:30 PM

Anyone have Mr Derrick at West High? I think he was a Geography "teacher". Basically, we colored maps.

Wow...that sucks for Tark.

WEST?!?!? You were are little beyonces at A.R., baby! I remember my freshman year there and me and my two best friends were a few of the only white dudes on the hoops team. We never freaking saw the floor. Well, the game at West had 7 seconds left and Coach Whitaker asked us if we wanted in the game. My two comrades jumped up like they were about to lose their virginity. I nodded, said no thanks and 7 seconds later limped across the court acting like I had a sprained ankle.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/1/2007, 06:38 PM

Isn't he still in charge of running the Muskogee Civic Center? And has the Civic Center undergone any renovations yet; I had heard that they were going to take the stage out and put in seats and just enclose the place.

Mjcpr
8/2/2007, 07:54 AM
He must have something to do with the CC because I think that was mentioned regarding his trouble. I don't know anything else other than that. My mom told me, she probably read something in the paper about it.

Hamhock
8/2/2007, 08:12 AM

he was a good friend of the family. we were actually at cobblestone when we got the news.

Hamhock
8/2/2007, 08:13 AM
He must have something to do with the CC because I think that was mentioned regarding his trouble. I don't know anything else other than that. My mom told me, she probably read something in the paper about it.

it was in the paper. something about using public funds...

Mjcpr
8/2/2007, 12:30 PM
he was a good friend of the family. we were actually at cobblestone when we got the news.

Tark or Mr Derrick?

If it was Mr D, was he sick or something?

Hamhock
8/2/2007, 12:43 PM
Tark or Mr Derrick?

If it was Mr D, was he sick or something?

Mr. D. He wasn't really sick. I'm still not sure what happened. Just know he died very unexpectedly.

Mjcpr
8/2/2007, 12:52 PM
That's too bad. He was a smoker when I was in school so if that was still the case, I'm sure it couldn't have helped.

I always liked him....he was a pretty funny guy.