PDA

View Full Version : Help me oh All-knowing Ones

Okla-homey
7/24/2006, 07:44 AM
Anyone here know how to re-program a garage door opener remote? Specifically, a "Lift-Master" model 91LM?

Howzit
7/24/2006, 07:52 AM
Could it be a 971LM?

http://www.liftmaster-garage-door-openers.com/971lm.htm

achiro
7/24/2006, 07:52 AM
For Liftmaster remote models 81LM, 91LM or 971LM: Locate the smart button on the rear side of the operator hanging from the ceiling in your garage. The smart button is either round (yellow, gray, white, red, or green) or square (red) with a green LED light adjacent. Take your remote and press the button and at the same time press the smart button. The receiver has now learned the code from the remote control. Press the smart button for longer than 12 seconds (or until the LED light flashes and the receiver's memory has been erased).

BajaOklahoma
7/24/2006, 08:02 AM
I love the internet.

sooner_born_1960
7/24/2006, 08:03 AM
Homey is such a lazy bastard for letting others do his googling. ;)

OUinFLA
7/24/2006, 08:29 AM
Homey is such a lazy bastard for letting others do his googling. ;)

He's related to slickdawg.

Proof (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1455729#post1455729)

mdklatt
7/24/2006, 08:32 AM
Anyone here know how to re-program a garage door opener remote? Specifically, a "Lift-Master" model 91LM?

Which API are you using, Java or C++?

Okla-homey
7/24/2006, 09:50 AM
For Liftmaster remote models 81LM, 91LM or 971LM: Locate the smart button on the rear side of the operator hanging from the ceiling in your garage. The smart button is either round (yellow, gray, white, red, or green) or square (red) with a green LED light adjacent. Take your remote and press the button and at the same time press the smart button. The receiver has now learned the code from the remote control. Press the smart button for longer than 12 seconds (or until the LED light flashes and the receiver's memory has been erased).

Thanks, but I want to reprogram the REMOTE not the reciever. I got a third remote (don't ask me how) and I want to integrate it. TIA :D

yermom
7/24/2006, 10:11 AM
with my Liftmaster you just add the remote to the existing one on the opener

although mine won't work with more than one in addition to the OEM one, it's pretty old though

i would think that a reprogrammable opener would be kinda 'spensive

slickdawg
7/24/2006, 10:13 AM
He's related to slickdawg.

Proof (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1455729#post1455729)

Don't be dissin' my boy homey!

:dolemite:

slickdawg
7/24/2006, 10:15 AM
Oh, you meant this part:

I was chatting with my BIL yesterday, talkin' Sooners.

He ate lunch with Bud while he was still in the Air Force Academy.
He said Bud was greatness.

He also saw and met Barry several times, Barry came to Colorado Springs
once or twice a year, and always admired the AFA football program.
Barry said "Y'all don't have the athletes I do, but you have players with hearts and minds second to none"

So Barry nicely told them "I'd only plant 50 on you"

achiro
7/24/2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks, but I want to reprogram the REMOTE not the reciever. I got a third remote (don't ask me how) and I want to integrate it. TIA :D
I'm pretty sure, thats what it does.