PDA

View Full Version : What was the highlight of you day?

OU4LIFE
7/23/2006, 04:49 PM
Mine was my first hole in one.

On the 187 yard 17th at Cimarron Trails. 6 Iron. Almost jarred it, it landed about a half inch to the left and fell over to into the cup. What a cool-a ss feeling to walk up to the green and look in the cup and see your ball. We thought it might have gone in but weren't sure until we got up there and realized the other balls on the green weren't mine. Exhilarating. Other than that moment we sucked in the tournament. I think we finished 4th in the 2 day two man best ball event.

My. first. hole. in. one.

Kneel before Zod.

It's not breaking 90 like squeek, but hey, it's all I got. :D

King Crimson
7/23/2006, 04:55 PM
that's pretty good, man.

bri
7/23/2006, 05:05 PM
Congrats, Hairy. 3l33t skillz like that are why I fear playing the likes of you and pic. ;)

StoopTroup
7/23/2006, 05:05 PM
WTG 4Life..

Awesome!

Mine was sitting over at my Parent's house after church watching the British Open in peace and quiet.

They are out of town and I needed to get over there and make sure the paper and mail were picked up and brought inside.

Figured I might as well treat myself. :D

GottaHavePride
7/23/2006, 05:08 PM
Nice.

tbl
7/23/2006, 05:24 PM
If nothing else, "kneel before Zod" deserves some spek... :D

I hate you for your skills with the irons. ;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/23/2006, 05:33 PM
Too bad you didn't play in our tourney last week. We had kick butt prizes for that stuff.

StoopTroup
7/23/2006, 05:35 PM
Like what for example?

I'm thinking I might have to get back into scramble events once I start playing again.

I want to know if it's really worth it or not. :D

BudSooner
7/23/2006, 05:47 PM
Hell my iron skills suck, which is why I don't play hardly anymore.
Last time some guys from work and myself got together out at Sand Springs, that 18th hole was so damned awful that I had used the 3wood till damn near 8ft from the cup. yeah, it was that damned bad.

****ing goat path. :D

Dad said he played Pecan Valley at Mowhawk last week and shot 86, wtf?
My idea of quality golf these days is Golden Tee. ;)

Howzit
7/23/2006, 05:47 PM
Very cool. Wow, first you get a free iPod, now a hole-in-one...wonder what's next?

jk the sooner fan
7/23/2006, 05:53 PM
Very cool. Wow, first you get a free iPod, now a hole-in-one...wonder what's next?

he'll finally figure out what his purpose is for.....

congrats 4life - thats awesome, its been 10 years since i came about 8 inches from one...thats the closest i'll ever sniff at one of those

Tailwind
7/23/2006, 06:30 PM
Mine was my first hole in one.

On the 187 yard 17th at Cimarron Trails. 6 Iron. Almost jarred it, it landed about a half inch to the left and fell over to into the cup. What a cool-a ss feeling to walk up to the green and look in the cup and see your ball. We thought it might have gone in but weren't sure until we got up there and realized the other balls on the green weren't mine. Exhilarating. Other than that moment we sucked in the tournament. I think we finished 4th in the 2 day two man best ball event.

My. first. hole. in. one.

Kneel before Zod.

It's not breaking 90 like squeek, but hey, it's all I got. :D
Grats on your hole-in-one! BTW....who is Zod and why can't he kneel first?:confused:
The hight point of my day was getting off work at last.

bri
7/23/2006, 06:54 PM
who is Zod and why can't he kneel first?

With that kind of attitude, you'd never last in Japan.

Mjcpr
7/23/2006, 07:00 PM
Nobody believes you, Hairy.

olevetonahill
7/23/2006, 07:50 PM
15 posts and I have to be the one to say
The brite spot "WAS A HOLE IN ONE ':D

mdklatt
7/23/2006, 07:59 PM
Sailing.

walkoffsooner
7/23/2006, 08:00 PM
Did you measure the cup it may not be regulation.

slickdawg
7/23/2006, 08:00 PM
oh SNAP!

Congratulations!

Newbomb Turk
7/23/2006, 08:01 PM
It took you this long for your first ace?

Heck, even I had one years ago. ;)

Congrats!

KC//CRIMSON
7/23/2006, 08:08 PM
Congrats on the hole in one.:cool:

My highlights?

Getting up early to do some stuff around the house.
Watching The British Open.
Carry out from Bo Lings.
Going to see "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" and it didn't suck.
Walking three miles tonight.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/23/2006, 09:16 PM
Like what for example?

I'm thinking I might have to get back into scramble events once I start playing again.

I want to know if it's really worth it or not. :DOne guy won $10K in ours 4 years ago.

OU4LIFE
7/24/2006, 05:52 AM
Too bad you didn't play in our tourney last week. We had kick butt prizes for that stuff.

you know, I always forget about that, even though you send me a flyer.

i'm a loser that way.

jk the sooner fan
7/24/2006, 05:59 AM
dont kid yourself, you're a loser in many ways

OU4LIFE
7/24/2006, 06:00 AM
As for the HIO, it's the 3rd i've been witness to, the first was a hack of a friend that knew I played and wanted to go out and play a round with me, he'd played MAYBE 3-4 times before. We were on that same hole, but from the blue tees, about 167 yrds, he hits a 3-wood that never leaves the ground.....seriously. It's rolls all the pay into the cup....Just proves it's a lot of luck.

the 2nd was my last pro here at the club, they had the local tv station down to film a commercial for the golf course. It was supposed to be a "dream sequence" where he was making every putt, holing shots, etc.. So they go out on #10 from the blue tees, and the guy with the camera tells him to just hit a ball and act like he made it. so he drops a Top-Flight and just hits it....yep...he made it. Pretty cool.

I'm just happy that mine was clean. It didn't bounce off a path or off a tree, it never left the stick.

OU4LIFE
7/24/2006, 06:00 AM
dont kid yourself, you're a loser in many ways

agreed, but we were only discussing that particular one this time.

jk the sooner fan
7/24/2006, 06:01 AM
what kind of ball were you using? i'm told that if you were using a titleist, you can send the ball and your scorecard to them and they'll send it back to you in a nice frame with a little gold plaque on it with the date and location of your hio

OU4LIFE
7/24/2006, 06:09 AM
what kind of ball were you using? i'm told that if you were using a titleist, you can send the ball and your scorecard to them and they'll send it back to you in a nice frame with a little gold plaque on it with the date and location of your hio

Unfortunately they don't do that anymore. But that's ok.

I was using the new Bridgestone B330-S. The nice thing is...they DO still do things like that, and they are sending me something. TaylorMade is also since I was using their clubs.

The bad part is that it was in a tournament and there wasn't anything big on the line, like a car, or a cruise....all I got was the closest to the pin prize. Hell, the bar tab cost me more than that. :D

crawfish
7/24/2006, 07:32 AM
I got a hole in one, too! Not in golf, though.

Congrats!

Mjcpr
7/24/2006, 07:33 AM
Oh yeah......congrats, Hairy!

:D

OU4LIFE
7/24/2006, 07:36 AM
,|,, Squeek.

mdklatt
7/24/2006, 08:17 AM
Somebody needs to change the title of this thread to "Cry For Attention Golf Thread" so it's not misleading. ;)

OU4LIFE
7/24/2006, 08:30 AM
EVERYONE LOOK AT ME!

I MADE A HOLE IN ONE!

:D

Mjcpr
7/24/2006, 08:31 AM
Amazingly, I've come pretty close a number of times. If it ever happens to me, I'm sure it'll be a day when I'm playing alone.

OU4LIFE
7/24/2006, 08:39 AM
kinda like breaking 90, eh?

Mjcpr
7/24/2006, 08:40 AM
kinda like breaking 90, eh?

No, I had a witness. :D

IB4OU2
7/24/2006, 08:58 AM
Cograts Buddy! I was wondering what all the cheering and roaring from the crowd was all about. Btw, I cracked up when I saw the "This Hole Sponsored by the MSP" on eighteen. :D

OU4LIFE
7/24/2006, 09:12 AM
Cograts Buddy! I was wondering what all the cheering and roaring from the crowd was all about. Btw, I cracked up when I saw the "This Hole Sponsored by the MSP" on eighteen. :D

HEH, I snuck that in on them without them knowing.

C&CDean
7/24/2006, 09:34 AM
I caught a bull, gave him 100cc of LA-200 (try sticking a needle into a bull's hide when he ain't wanting you to), and then put an eye patch on him (he's got congunctivitis and antibiotics/eyepatch are the cure). And then I caught 17 of the neighbor's heifers and loaded them up and returned them. Then I fixed the fence where they got through.

Of course now when I go check on him I feel obligated to go "AAAHHHRRRR MATEY, SHIVER ME TIMBERS......"

Congrats on your holio. Guess you and Tiger were all connected up and ****.

OU4LIFE
7/24/2006, 09:48 AM
Heh. ceptins I didn't collecto no million dollar check like he did.

It's been a good golf year so far, a double eagle and no an ace.

What's next? Plague?

C&CDean
7/24/2006, 09:53 AM
Heh. ceptins I didn't collecto no million dollar check like he did.

It's been a good golf year so far, a double eagle and no an ace.

What's next? Plague?

What's next? Maybe your girl Michelle might actually win something?:P

picasso
7/24/2006, 10:21 AM
Congrats Mark.:texan: you still suck though.

my highlight was a 4 hour layover at St. Louis on my flight back from Orlando. Then getting home and finding out my gf's connecting flight from Chicago was canceled and she was flying into to OKC at 10:30pm instead. and, my half asleep person driving there to pick her up.

mdklatt
7/24/2006, 10:23 AM
What's next? Maybe your girl Michelle might actually win something?:P

Does anyone else find it unsettling when Dean uses this smiley: :P?

I'm not sure why I do.

C&CDean
7/24/2006, 10:27 AM
Does anyone else find it unsettling when Dean uses this smiley: :P?

I'm not sure why I do.

Dude, I just grabbed me one. Don't play too much into it......

OU4LIFE
7/24/2006, 10:47 AM
As long as she win it on the wimmins tour.

BudSooner
7/24/2006, 10:49 AM
Dude, I just grabbed me one. Don't play too much into it......
That line right there is. a. disturbing. one.:eek:

JohnnyMack
7/24/2006, 10:51 AM
My kid and I watched our first baseball game together. Although he slept through the whole thing.

OU4LIFE
7/23/2007, 03:25 PM
Another golf highlight for me yesterday. Shot my first ever 68.

that's right bitches, 4 under. No idea where it came from, i've been playing horribly lately, ask picasso. It was nice to have a good day with the driver AND the putter for a change.

now if I can just get to 67...

colleyvillesooner
7/23/2007, 03:30 PM
Sounds like you should only play Golf on July 22nd or 23rd.

OU4LIFE
7/23/2007, 03:32 PM
heh

JohnnyMack
7/23/2007, 03:45 PM

that's right bitches, 4 under. No idea where it came from, i've been playing horribly lately, ask picasso. It was nice to have a good day with the driver AND the putter for a change.

You taught that LaFortune Par 3 Course a lesson!

picasso
7/23/2007, 05:09 PM

awesome man. at your course?????? I carded a 69 there once but from the middle tees.:O

glad to see you're coming back to form.

SoonerBOI
7/23/2007, 05:17 PM
welcome to the club!