PDA

View Full Version : Richetti Jones to the....pokes?!?!?!?!

The Consumate Showman
7/23/2006, 12:00 AM
Well, things are apparently going to hell with RJ. Apparently he ahs developed the "big fish in a little pond" syndrome. All reports coming out of Texas are that RJ is looking more and more like he is going to commit to the pukes. He is saying (on rivals and scout) that he is going to take his official visit to OU, but then he turns around and says that he is going to commit early inthe season which would mean he would have to come to the UAB or UW game.

Here are some of the reasons that have been given by RJ and other sources for his apparent want to go to Stoolwater:

1). RJ says that LosuR is recruiting him the hardest and wants him the most. He is saying that he has to go where he is wanted. (Wake up DUMBASS, OU wants you or they wouldn;t have offered you!)

2.) the aformentioned "big fish" syndrome...

3.) He apparently has been turned off of UT due to Mack's "commit deadline" he sets for players.

4.) This seems to be the biggest reason...reports are that RJ has a girlfriend at LosuR...Didn't one Rocky Clamus have the same thing happen when he dumped his aggy girlfriend to come to real University??? (Get a clue RJ, you don't think Gumby and Boone-Daddy aren't paying that little huzzie?!?!?!)

5.) the always popular reason...Boone is paying RJ lots and lots of CA$$$$$$$$H to come to that hell-hole of a dump.

N-E-WAY...here's hoping that Coach Wilson can change RJ's mind about going to a second tier school.....Reports like this make my :hot: get a little to FU<K!NG high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Harry Beanbag
7/23/2006, 09:35 AM
Hopefully, his host on his official visit to Stoolwater will be Xavier Lawson-Kennedy.

Big Red Ron
7/23/2006, 11:19 AM
We'll win with him or without him. His choice.

stoopified
7/23/2006, 11:33 AM
We'll win with him or without him. His choice.Exactly.

goingoneight
7/23/2006, 11:20 PM
Only thing I'll say is... the Boone money is startying to show its face.

1. The cocky signs all round the state reading "THE STATE'S UNIVERSITY."
2. The media hard-on for lOSUr to become "a football powerhouse."
3. People ignoring the obvious high gas prices here in the former oil capitol of the world. Thanks Boone, hope your team does well.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/24/2006, 12:39 AM
i have no idea how this guy is going to turn out, but they have not had the best of luck with the top guys to this point.

lance carson
xlk
walter whatever his name was
prentiss elliot
bobby reid (though he could still prove everyone wrong)
seymore shaw
etc.

King Crimson
7/24/2006, 09:40 AM
chris massey

Herr Scholz
7/24/2006, 10:16 AM
We'll win with him or without him. His choice.
So, what you're saying is you don't need him. I'll pass that along. ;)

Big Red Ron
7/24/2006, 11:15 AM
So, what you're saying is you don't need him. I'll pass that along. ;)That's what we told AD. He decided to come anyway, so feel free.

Herr Scholz
7/24/2006, 11:31 AM
What you need is OL help and UT has the top 6 in Texas locked up for the 2007 class already. I guess you told them you didn't need them either.

Big Red Ron
7/24/2006, 12:02 PM
What you need is OL help and UT has the top 6 in Texas locked up for the 2007 class already. I guess you told them you didn't need them either.Top 6 from Texas but we have several young o-lineman and are recruiting nationally...stay tuned horn.

melbitoast
7/24/2006, 01:38 PM
What you need is OL help and UT has the top 6 in Texas locked up for the 2007 class already. I guess you told them you didn't need them either.

No denying the 2007 class is already incredibly impressive. However, if my memory serves me correctly, the last time UT had a #1 recruiting class, they went 0-4 against OU, and I don't recall them making a BCS game either. Coach February is back at UT, and you guys are in for a major reality check this season now that Coach Feb is required to "coach" again.

Herr Scholz
7/24/2006, 02:29 PM
However, if my memory serves me correctly, the last time UT had a #1 recruiting class, they went 0-4 against OU, and I don't recall them making a BCS game either.
It's not serving you very well. The last time we had a #1 rated class was 2002 and those guys just beat OU and won a national championship. Recruiting does indeed matter.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/24/2006, 02:39 PM
It's not serving you very well. The last time we had a #1 rated class was 2002 and those guys just beat OU and won a national championship. Recruiting does indeed matter.

not nearly as much as retaining players. lose guys early has cost us dearly over the last couple of years...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/24/2006, 02:41 PM
OU 2002 - great offense but a massive hole at safety vacated by TGRW
OU 2003 - weak DTs vacated by tommie
OU 2005 - weak as crap at safety vacated by pool

we find several wins in there by retaining those guys...

Herr Scholz
7/24/2006, 02:44 PM
Yes, attrition has hurt you guys, no doubt.

The Consumate Showman
7/24/2006, 06:09 PM

Soooo, what you're saying then is that UT will be ready to compete for Big XII, MNC, and RRS game titles innnnnn 2008 or 2009, right?

Great. Until then....BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Harry Beanbag
7/24/2006, 06:49 PM
Soooo, what you're saying then is that UT will be ready to compete for Big XII, MNC, and RRS game titles innnnnn 2008 or 2009, right?

Great. Until then....BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

No, I think he means 2040 or 2041. :D :texan:

PlanOUred
7/24/2006, 06:50 PM
Herr....what was the overall record of your 2002 recruiting class against OU? Maybe that will help your memory some. You seem to have forgotten their overall record and just the last year.

Herr Scholz
7/25/2006, 11:39 AM
Herr....what was the overall record of your 2002 recruiting class against OU? Maybe that will help your memory some. You seem to have forgotten their overall record and just the last year.
Just as Sooners have conveniently forgotten the entire decade of the 90s. Selective memory. I only remember winning the last Big XII Championship, the last National Championship and two BCS games in a row.

melbitoast
7/25/2006, 01:06 PM
I just went back and looked at the recruiting ranking from 2002. HALF (12) of that class is either already in the pros, or will be drafted after this year.

The Consumate Showman
7/29/2006, 09:02 PM
Well, apparently, Mr. Big sh!t brought Terrance Tolliver with him to LosuR this past week on an unofficial. If any of you have a subscription to ouinsider, you know what I'm talking about. I'm beginning to think this kid is becoming more and more full of sh!at as the recruiting process goes on and I think he's trying to get guys like Tolliver to come to LosuR, which is NOT going to work on the #1 recruited WR in the country...Hopefully Tolliver told RJ what a complete ****** bag he was being for considering a low class, low talent, wanna be team like Pickens State....

snp
7/29/2006, 10:41 PM
What the hell? You're blasting a HS kid for checking out his options. Good lord man, simmer down.

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/29/2006, 11:44 PM
Maybe Boone Picken$ is starting to shell out some of his oil money to recruits ?

It goes on whether we believe it or not...

The Consumate Showman
7/30/2006, 01:05 AM
What the hell? You're blasting a HS kid for checking out his options. Good lord man, simmer down.

Hardly. About the only thing RJ has been checking out lately is Stoolwater. I don't care if a recruit is just looking around like Matt Romine is, but when it seems that a recruit has made up his mind and starts trying to bring other players with him to a low class University like LosuR, that pi$$es me off...

I wouldn;t be blasting him if it didn't look like he's trying to take advantage of his situation. If he goes ahead and goes to Gumby football like it seems like he will, I hope he ends up in the same boat as XLK.

melbitoast
8/27/2006, 02:12 PM
So what's going on with this guy now?

The Consumate Showman
8/27/2006, 03:53 PM
So what's going on with this guy now?

Announcing tonight on FSN at around 10:00 pending the Rangers/A's game time.

Look for him to go Aggy; but after aggie falls off the map this year and loses to Houston and the rest of their Big XII schedule, I think he changes his mind and commits to OU.

What you have to know about RJ is that there are a lot of people right now in his ear telling him he should go to lOSUr because of friendships. He is making his decisions based on his heart right now; not his head. When he starts to rationalize it in his head, there SHOULD be only one choice for him and that is OU.

I think it could be a lot like the Lofton situation without the early commitment thing. Lofton was from a HEAVY lOSUr town and stunned a lot of folks by picking us over the pokes. Curtis demonstrated that he, unlike some recruits, is thinking about his possible future in the NFL.

"Who was the last good LB sent to the pros from lOSUr...Gilden. Now, how many has OU sent in the past 5 years? We all know the answer to that question." - I think Curtis probably visited this kind of reasoning before making hsi choice and it has served him well. In the end, RJ is going to have to REALLY consider what kind of choice he is making: a choice based on emotions or a choice based on the future of his career.

soonernation
9/3/2006, 09:40 PM
Going to lOSUr.