PDA

View Full Version : Heh...

bri
7/22/2006, 09:24 PM
You can tell it's Saturday night, 'cause MySpace is down.

Every time I get the "Sorry! an unexpected error has occurred" screen, I wonder if Rupert Murdoch ever asks for his money back...:D

VeeJay
7/22/2006, 10:28 PM
My advice to you would be to drink heavily. ;)

soonerbrat
7/22/2006, 10:40 PM
i really wanted to check my myspace messages, too.

sanantoniosooner
7/22/2006, 11:08 PM
Is giving the children a break from stalking really too much to ask?

Jimminy Crimson
7/23/2006, 03:01 AM
i'm having withdrawls. :mack:

bri
7/23/2006, 04:54 PM
Is giving the children a break from stalking really too much to ask?

Hey, they're not gonna fondle themselves.

Well, I mean, they CAN. But it'll be hard to do without access to pictures of Forbidden and Tila Tequila.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/23/2006, 05:04 PM
http://f10.putfile.com/main/7/20317563215.gifSince MySpace wasn't up though, i did something productive...found us two more icons and DX!!!

http://f10.putfile.com/main/7/20317584683.gif
http://f10.putfile.com/main/7/20317570145.gif

;)

bri
7/23/2006, 05:07 PM
BANDWIDTH STEALER!!!!

I'm so gonna tell the guys on SoonerTimes that you're an image stealer. Well, not right NOW, obviously, it's far too late. But when they wake up at 3:30 tomorrow morning and get ready to go power walk at the mall, I'm SO telling them. They'll write an irate letter to their local editor.

IRATE, I say!

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/23/2006, 05:12 PM
Actually those are on putfile ;)

GottaHavePride
7/23/2006, 05:52 PM
We know - all we can see is Putfile's "BAD LINK! You cannot hotlink large images!" image. ;)

bri
7/23/2006, 06:04 PM
And thus the hilarity.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/23/2006, 07:55 PM
I didn't think they was that large, but in Stanly fashion I can't tell big from small ;)

soonerbrat
7/23/2006, 10:22 PM
and it's still not working

sanantoniosooner
7/24/2006, 03:38 AM
You gotta admire Gandalf's stubborness.

He's not abandoning those pics no matter how many cant see them.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/24/2006, 04:57 AM
I can see them and they are oh so sweet!!

bri
7/24/2006, 08:10 AM
The Function that you are currently trying to use is disabled and will be back shortly.

We are making some minor changes to this section please bear with us until we can get this back online.

Please do NOT email me about this. Just wait it out. // 7/24/2006 -Tom

What function is he referring to? Oh, just a minor add on...LOGGING IN.

Way to go, slappy. In a day and a half, you've managed to make sure that you've gotten the main page to work again...and nothing else. At least the ads are running again, so you don't have to refund any of that advertiser money. :mad:

soonerbrat
7/24/2006, 08:12 AM
hey, that's progress..earlier it said there was a power outage and it would be back on within the hour...at 6pm PST yesterday....

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/24/2006, 08:19 AM
Plus you got to play Pac-Man...Besides since no one can't get on...technically I am not missing anything ;) Although my g'f is getting here at like 4 and I haven't seen her for a week so I was hoping myspace would be here to keep me occupied until then :(

soonerbrat
7/24/2006, 08:24 AM
pac man is no longer there for me. which is good...i have work i need to be doing.

colleyvillesooner
7/24/2006, 04:19 PM
MySpace outage blamed on heat wave

01:15 PM CDT on Monday, July 24, 2006
Associated Press

NEW YORK – The popular social-networking site MySpace.com suffered a pair of extended outages over the weekend because of power problems at a key data center in the Los Angeles area, the company said Monday.

Also Online
Heat prompts California power emergency
In a message to MySpace users, company co-founder and President Tom Anderson said MySpace "has been screwy" since Saturday because of failures in both the main power supply and the backup generators. Visitors to the site were given an opportunity to play Pac-Man while waiting for the restoration of their personal profile pages.

The company blamed a heat wave that has gripped California in recent days, increasing electricity demand and leaving tens of thousands of customers in Southern California without power.

The first outage at MySpace started about 7:40 p.m. CDT Saturday and lasted more than six hours. The second began about 8:30 p.m. Sunday and continued until 8 a.m. Monday.

MySpace said that power has been restored and that the site is back up, although the company warned that sporadic outages were still possible Monday.

According to Netcraft Ltd., a British company that monitors Web site performance, MySpace was completely offline for about 90 minutes Sunday. The rest of the time, profiles were inaccessible as MySpace had a temporary page with the Pac-Man game and an outage announcement, which Netcraft said came from another data center in Tempe, Ariz.

"It's unusual to see an outage like this where the systems that were in place clearly didn't work as intended," Netcraft analyst Rich Miller said. "I'm sure they will be looking very closely at what happened to try to prevent it from happening again."

MySpace said it was exploring ways to prevent a recurrence.

Driven largely by word of mouth, MySpace has rapidly risen to become the second-busiest site in the United States, behind Yahoo Inc., according to comScore Media Metrix. MySpace's 96 million registered users can expand their circles of friends through profile pages, photo sharing and other tools provided by the free, ad-supported site.

News Corp. bought MySpace's parent company last year for $580 million as part of its strategy for expanding into the digital world. Over the past several months, MySpace has added instant messaging, video and other features typically offered at Internet portals such as Yahoo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online at: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/072506dnbusmyspace.4612602.html

Is this really news?

NormanPride
7/24/2006, 04:26 PM
So it's called "social-networking", what you do?

sanantoniosooner
7/24/2006, 06:25 PM
If myspace disappeared totally I wouldn't notice except for the whining that would take place around here.

bri
7/24/2006, 07:05 PM
Yes, MySpace is like our unsatisfied wife. When it doesn't put out, we come here and whine about it.

Circle of life, young Simba. :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/24/2006, 07:18 PM
If myspace disappeared totally I wouldn't notice except for the whining that would take place around here.

Speaking of whining...how is your wife ;) :pop: :eek:

bri
7/24/2006, 07:21 PM
ECHO! ECHO! ECHO! ECHO! ECHO! ECHO! ECHO! ECHO!

:D

sanantoniosooner
7/24/2006, 08:53 PM
I got some last night.

How's that myspace thing working out?

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/24/2006, 08:55 PM
Beat you..four hours ago for me ;)

soonerhubs
7/24/2006, 08:55 PM
Heh! Life is complete. We can now die. ;)

bri
7/24/2006, 09:31 PM
And after the disturbing turn this thread has taken, I would welcome death.

sanantoniosooner
7/24/2006, 09:32 PM
And after the disturbing turn this thread has taken, I would welcome death.
I'll send my mother n law right over.