PDA

View Full Version : Oil patch peeps...

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 12:23 PM
The House this week voted for the tenth time to open ANWR to drilling. Think the Senate will skunk us again?

I think its amazing that the greenies in this country have made ANWR their number one fundraiser for the environmental community for years.

What is the flippin' deal? How could it hurt? Are caribou made impotent and sterile at the sight of a rig?

soonerboomer93
7/22/2006, 01:03 PM
fwiw, i did some research in to this last summer for my public speaking course. The area they want to drill in has not been calved in for the last several years. There is some legitimate concern that the area is used by hibernating polar bears.

bri
7/22/2006, 01:07 PM
At this point, we're just opposing it to **** you guys off. :D

Flagstaffsooner
7/22/2006, 01:11 PM
There is some legitimate concern that the area is used by hibernating polar bears.
"Don't wake my *** up."
http://www.estatevaults.com/lm/%20Xmas%20polar%20bear.jpg

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/22/2006, 01:20 PM
Remember the Gas Pipe Line in Alaska was going to kill all of the Carribou's!!! Now the Carribou's all llive by it because it gives off heat for them and their babies!

soonerboomer93
7/22/2006, 01:21 PM
At this point, we're just opposing it to **** you guys off. :D

that's about the truth. one of the biggest critics is the National Audobon Society, who allows off season drilling in their Rainey Preserve and has made millions from their own oil rights. They might just be ****ed because they won't be paid :D

noleamite
7/22/2006, 01:22 PM
"Don't wake my *** up."

:D

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 02:02 PM
There is some legitimate concern that the area is used by hibernating polar bears.

scru them guys. Global warming is destroying all their habitat anyway. Don't you read the papers.;)

jk the sooner fan
7/22/2006, 02:30 PM
if bears could talk:

"does it feel warmer to you?"

"yeah, about one degree....this is crazy"

Frozen Sooner
7/22/2006, 02:43 PM
Remember the Gas Pipe Line in Alaska was going to kill all of the Carribou's!!! Now the Carribou's all llive by it because it gives off heat for them and their babies!

We have a gas pipeline?

Holy cow! Someone inform the governor and legislature so they can stop arguing about the form a gas pipeline construction contract should take!

And Bri, you can f right off! :mad:

Worth mentioning that the caribou herds around Prudhoe Bay are larger than they were when drilling first started.

walkoffsooner
7/22/2006, 02:53 PM
I own all the land and will make all the money and gas will not go down. Do you want me to drill? That is the question.

SoonerBorn68
7/22/2006, 08:27 PM
Hey Homey, I was talking to one of our directional drillers about this a while back. He said if they get the OK to drill, the oil companies would treat ANWR like offshore. Each location would have 8 laternal holes drilled, like the spokes of a wheel. This would mean eight producing veins for each well. We routinely drill laterals 2500 ft. so bascially the wells would and could be over a mile apart. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. No one seems to worry about the wildlife out here in the TX panhandle. It hasn't affected them at all, at least from what I've seen. Well, except for that damned pronghorn I smacked. The only "damage" to the landscape is a dirt road and a small gravel location with a pumping station when the well's finished.

bri
7/22/2006, 09:11 PM
And Bri, you can f right off! :mad:

Post reported.

;)

OklahomaTuba
7/23/2006, 12:35 AM
To be honest, they can drill as much as they want and gasoline won't come down very much, not when refining capacity is still so high.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/23/2006, 01:15 AM
Actually prices are fixing to go up again.. A Rabbit in Turkmenistein ate a piece of grass on the Premiere's Private Lawn and it causing quite a diplomatic **** storm because the rabbit was Albanian!

jk the sooner fan
7/24/2006, 01:47 PM
if bears could talk:

"does it feel warmer to you?"

"yeah, about one degree....this is crazy"

i really hate that mdklatt missed this.... ;)