PDA

View Full Version : L'chaim and Good Hunting to Israeli soldiers and airmen!

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 08:05 AM
You are giving the world a great gift by rooting out that durka-durka scum. Weapons free and get 'em all. Light 'em up!

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9540/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzco8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Ready to roll on the Lebanese border

OUDoc
7/22/2006, 08:27 AM
I think they might be planning something. Just a guess.

Jerk
7/22/2006, 08:32 AM
Thanks Israel for opening up a western front.

but.....but....all the Muslims want is peace! Just give them more land and they will lay down their weapons!

How many times does this repeat itself?

We need more of our moonbats to go over there and stand in front of D9's.

StoopTroup
7/22/2006, 08:35 AM
In the last few days, CNN had gone from it being a dispute to WWIII.

Jerk
7/22/2006, 08:46 AM
btw- a D9 is a massive bulldozer for you office type white collar folks who don't know sh** about the world outside of your field.

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 10:15 AM
btw- a D9 is a massive bulldozer for you office type white collar folks who don't know sh** about the world outside of your field.

I've always preferred the M-9 ACE for my military earth-moving needs.;)

jk the sooner fan
7/22/2006, 10:17 AM
by rooting out that durka-durka scum.

now now, you're a good level headed christian.....you arent allowed to have such opinions or thoughts

OklahomaTuba
7/22/2006, 10:20 AM
Go Israel.

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/misc/travel/kapon/israel_flag.gif

Don't let those terrorists ****s get the best of you again. Kill em all, and let hell rain down on Lebanon for backing these ****bag terrorists.

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 10:22 AM
now now, you're a good level headed christian.....you arent allowed to have such opinions or thoughts

Sure I can. We Christians have historically had little compunction regarding annihalation of violent anti-judeo-christian heathens.;)

We even have a couple hymns to that effect. Battle Hymn of the Republic and Onward Christian Soldiers come immediately to mind.

royalfan5
7/22/2006, 10:25 AM
Go Israel.

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/misc/travel/kapon/israel_flag.gif

Don't let those terrorists ****s get the best of you again. Kill em all, and let hell rain down on Syria and Lebanese Shi'ia for backing these ****bag terrorists.
fixed. I would leave the Christian's and Druze who don't have the wherewithal to do anything about Hezbollah out of it.

OklahomaTuba
7/22/2006, 10:29 AM
fixed. I would leave the Christian's and Druze who don't have the wherewithal to do anything about Hezbollah out of it.

I know there is a massive Christian population there and
hopefully, they are all out of the way.

It would do them well if Israel whould just move in, and stay. Forever.

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 10:30 AM

A valid point.

royalfan5
7/22/2006, 10:32 AM
I know there is a massive Christian population there and
hopefully, they are all out of the way.

It would do them well if Israel whould just move in, and stay. Forever.
I agree, but I don't know if Israel has the demographic resources to sustain such an occupation. I think that would stretch them very thin resource wise and put a enourmous strain on their economy to handle a full occupation of Lebanon.

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 10:35 AM
I agree, but I don't know if Israel has the demographic resources to sustain such an occupation. I think that would stretch them very thin resource wise and put a enourmous strain on their economy to handle a full occupation of Lebanon.

If they could make it safe for tourists, it could become a very big resort destination again. Wasn't Beirut the Monte Carlo of the eastern Med back in the day?

Jerk
7/22/2006, 10:38 AM
Wasn't Beirut the Monte Carlo of the eastern Med back in the day?

You don't have to state something that you already know by asking it as a question. This is SO. Leave all stench of humbilness at the door. You ARE Homey. There are none brighter.

royalfan5
7/22/2006, 10:39 AM
If they could make it safe for tourists, it could become a very big resort destination again. Wasn't Beirut the Monte Carlo of the eastern Med back in the day?
Yes, but they would have to rebuild some of the **** they done blowed up to make it effective, plus the fact that an full-on occupation would attract every bat-**** crazy terrorist type to try and come in and start ****, because they are tons of easy Israeli targets. Plus, the Christians and Druze could decide they don't like Israel running their lives any more than they do the Shi'ia and that would open up another can of worms.

Jerk
7/22/2006, 10:43 AM
I've always preferred the M-9 ACE for my military earth-moving needs.;)

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/6421/bulldozerzf8.jpg

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 10:43 AM
Yes, but they would have to rebuild some of the **** they done blowed up to make it effective, plus the fact that an full-on occupation would attract every bat-**** crazy terrorist type to try and come in and start ****, because they are tons of easy Israeli targets. Plus, the Christians and Druze could decide they don't like Israel running their lives any more than they do the Shi'ia and that would open up another can of worms.

oh well, f***-it then. Flatten it and make it a buffer zone like the west bank, Gaza strip and Golan heights.

OklahomaTuba
7/22/2006, 10:46 AM
Well, now this makes it all clear why Bush and his Cronies would have dreamed up another terrible war. No, not just for olive oil and to kill some brown people just to enrich his buddies at Halliburton, oh no. Now we have the biggie here, Bush's war on Gays:

J’lem gay parade called off due to war

Open House announces cancellation of parade, which was scheduled for August 10, but says other gay pride events will take place as planned. ‘We are determined to fight for our right to march in Jerusalem this year,’ organization’s director says http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3279506,00.html

Jerk
7/22/2006, 10:49 AM
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/7772/d99hc8.jpg

Jerk
7/22/2006, 10:59 AM
Well, now this makes it all clear why Bush and his Cronies would have dreamed up another terrible war. No, not just for olive oil and to kill some brown people just to enrich his buddies at Halliburton, oh no. Now we have the biggie here, Bush's war on Gays:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3279506,00.html

Proof of US troops killing peaceful brown people

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3442/greenlight6emlw5.jpg

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 11:03 AM
There must be a virtually unlimited supply of Russian and CHICOM RPG's in the world. Seems like every jihaadi can get his paws on a three-pack.

Jerk
7/22/2006, 11:08 AM
There must be a virtually unlimited supply of Russian and CHICOM RPG's in the world. Seems like every jihaadi can get his paws on a three-pack.
I've always wanted one myself. There are probably a few registered ones out there, but I bet under Federal law each rocket would require $200 tax stamp.

http://www.modelguns.co.uk/images/rpg7b.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
7/22/2006, 11:12 AM
I've always wanted one myself. There are probably a few registered ones out there, but I bet under Federal law each rocket would require $200 tax stamp.

http://www.modelguns.co.uk/images/rpg7b.jpgDean uses them to kill varmits.

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 11:13 AM
There were lots of launchers laying around when we got to the airport in Kandahar back in the day, but alas no grenades to go with them. I think the SOF guys kept 'em and shot them back at the hadjis.

Scott D
7/22/2006, 11:19 AM
I'm all for the destruction of humanity.....what a wasteful species.

opksooner
7/22/2006, 01:20 PM
Timely advice:

“ You shall drive out from before you all the inhabitants of the land and destroy all their symbols; you shall destroy all their metal images and high places. You shall first clear out the land for occupancy and only then settle in it….if you will not drive out the inhabitants from before you, then those whom you will leave over will become as hedges in your eyes and thorns in your sides; they will oppress you as enemies in the land in which you dwell. It will then come to pass that what I had intended to do to them I will do to you.”

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/22/2006, 01:31 PM
Don't worry if Israel needs more money, they can raise our taxes!!! ;)

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 02:18 PM
Thank goodness we have excess PGM's.

U.S. Speeds Up Bomb Delivery for the Israelis
By DAVID S. CLOUD and HELENE COOPER
WASHINGTON, July 21 — The Bush administration is rushing a delivery of precision-guided bombs to Israel, which requested the expedited shipment last week after beginning its air campaign against Hezbollah targets in Lebanon, American officials said Friday.

The decision to quickly ship the weapons to Israel was made with relatively little debate within the Bush administration, the officials said. Its disclosure threatens to anger Arab governments and others because of the appearance that the United States is actively aiding the Israeli bombing campaign in a way that could be compared to Iran’s efforts to arm and resupply Hezbollah.

The munitions that the United States is sending to Israel are part of a multimillion-dollar arms sale package approved last year that Israel is able to draw on as needed, the officials said. But Israel’s request for expedited delivery of the satellite and laser-guided bombs was described as unusual by some military officers, and as an indication that Israel still had a long list of targets in Lebanon to strike.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Friday that she would head to Israel on Sunday at the beginning of a round of Middle Eastern diplomacy. The original plan was to include a stop to Cairo in her travels, but she did not announce any stops in Arab capitals.

Instead, the meeting of Arab and European envoys planned for Cairo will take place in Italy, Western diplomats said. While Arab governments initially criticized Hezbollah for starting the fight with Israel in Lebanon, discontent is rising in Arab countries over the number of civilian casualties in Lebanon, and the governments have become wary of playing host to Ms. Rice until a cease-fire package is put together.

To hold the meetings in an Arab capital before a diplomatic solution is reached, said Martin S. Indyk, a former American ambassador to Israel, “would have identified the Arabs as the primary partner of the United States in this project at a time where Hezbollah is accusing the Arab leaders of providing cover for the continuation of Israel’s military operation.”

The decision to stay away from Arab countries for now is a markedly different strategy from the shuttle diplomacy that previous administrations used to mediate in the Middle East. “I have no interest in diplomacy for the sake of returning Lebanon and Israel to the status quo ante,” Ms. Rice said Friday. “I could have gotten on a plane and rushed over and started shuttling around, and it wouldn’t have been clear what I was shuttling to do.”

Before Ms. Rice heads to Israel on Sunday, she will join President Bush at the White House for discussions on the Middle East crisis with two Saudi envoys, Saud al-Faisal, the foreign minister, and Prince Bandar bin Sultan, the secretary general of the National Security Council.

The new American arms shipment to Israel has not been announced publicly, and the officials who described the administration’s decision to rush the munitions to Israel would discuss it only after being promised anonymity. The officials included employees of two government agencies, and one described the shipment as just one example of a broad array of armaments that the United States has long provided Israel.

One American official said the shipment should not be compared to the kind of an “emergency resupply” of dwindling Israeli stockpiles that was provided during the 1973 Arab-Israeli war, when an American military airlift helped Israel recover from early Arab victories.

David Siegel, a spokesman for the Israeli Embassy in Washington, said: “We have been using precision-guided munitions in order to neutralize the military capabilities of Hezbollah and to minimize harm to civilians. As a rule, however, we do not comment on Israel’s defense acquisitions.”

Israel’s need for precision munitions is driven in part by its strategy in Lebanon, which includes destroying hardened underground bunkers where Hezbollah leaders are said to have taken refuge, as well as missile sites and other targets that would be hard to hit without laser and satellite-guided bombs.

Pentagon and military officials declined to describe in detail the size and contents of the shipment to Israel, and they would not say whether the munitions were being shipped by cargo aircraft or some other means. But an arms-sale package approved last year provides authority for Israel to purchase from the United States as many as 100 GBU-28’s, which are 5,000-pound laser-guided bombs intended to destroy concrete bunkers. The package also provides for selling satellite-guided munitions.

An announcement in 2005 that Israel was eligible to buy the “bunker buster” weapons described the GBU-28 as “a special weapon that was developed for penetrating hardened command centers located deep underground.” The document added, “The Israeli Air Force will use these GBU-28’s on their F-15 aircraft.”

American officials said that once a weapons purchase is approved, it is up to the buyer nation to set up a timetable. But one American official said normal procedures usually do not include rushing deliveries within days of a request. That was done because Israel is a close ally in the midst of hostilities, the official said.

Although Israel had some precision guided bombs in its stockpile when the campaign in Lebanon began, the Israelis may not have taken delivery of all the weapons they were entitled to under the 2005 sale.

Israel said its air force had dropped 23 tons of explosives Wednesday night alone in Beirut, in an effort to penetrate what was believed to be a bunker used by senior Hezbollah officials.

A senior Israeli official said Friday that the attacks to date had degraded Hezbollah’s military strength by roughly half, but that the campaign could go on for two more weeks or longer. “We will stay heavily with the air campaign,” he said. “There’s no time limit. We will end when we achieve our goals.”

The Bush administration announced Thursday a military equipment sale to Saudi Arabia, worth more than $6 billion, a move that may in part have been aimed at deflecting inevitable Arab government anger at the decision to supply Israel with munitions in the event that effort became public.

On Friday, Bush administration officials laid out their plans for the diplomatic strategy that Ms. Rice will pursue. In Rome, the United States will try to hammer out a diplomatic package that will offer Lebanon incentives under the condition that a United Nations resolution, which calls for the disarming of Hezbollah, is implemented.

Diplomats will also try to figure out the details around an eventual international peacekeeping force, and which countries will contribute to it. Germany and Russia have both indicated that they would be willing to contribute forces; Ms. Rice said the United States was unlikely to.

Implicit in the eventual diplomatic package is a cease-fire. But a senior American official said it remained unclear whether, under such a plan, Hezbollah would be asked to retreat from southern Lebanon and commit to a cease-fire, or whether American diplomats might depend on Israel’s continued bombardment to make Hezbollah’s acquiescence irrelevant.

Daniel Ayalon, Israel’s ambassador to Washington, said that Israel would not rule out an international force to police the borders of Lebanon and Syria and to patrol southern Lebanon, where Hezbollah has had a stronghold. But he said that Israel was first determined to take out Hezbollah’s command and control centers and weapons stockpiles.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/22/2006, 02:25 PM
See ;)

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 04:40 PM
You gotta love these guys. They really have stones. Only 6 million of 'em vs. 80 million p1ssed-off jihaadis. I hope the Israelis mop the streets with those dillweed clowns...as they generally do.

"Bless this 105mm Self-propelled howitzer. May it smite the Philistine with great malice."

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/317/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzyc6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

P.S. I've been informed the biblical "Philistines" are literally the modern "Palestinians"

royalfan5
7/22/2006, 04:44 PM
You gotta love these guys. They really have stones. Only 6 million of 'em vs. 80 million p1ssed-off jihaadis. I hope the Israelis mop the streets with those dillweed clowns...as they generally do.

"Bless this 105mm Self-propelled howitzer. May it smite the Philistine with great malice."

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/317/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzyc6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
The only problem I see with this for Israel is that they do an outstanding job of kicking the **** out of their enemies in covential combat, yet their track record of being successful at pacifing a occupied populace isn't near so good. They are going to have to change that. They failed to take care of Hezbollah last time they occupied southern Lebanon. That needs to change for them this time.

royalfan5
7/22/2006, 04:46 PM

P.S. I've been informed the biblical "Philistines" are literally the modern "Palestinians"
Tyre was the Philistinian capital. They Philistines are more modern day Lebanon than Palestine. Palestine would be more Caananite.

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 05:29 PM
Tyre was the Philistinian capital. They Philistines are more modern day Lebanon than Palestine. Palestine would be more Caananite.

Well then, even more appropos:D

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 05:35 PM
The only problem I see with this for Israel is that they do an outstanding job of kicking the **** out of their enemies in covential combat, yet their track record of being successful at pacifing a occupied populace isn't near so good. They are going to have to change that. They failed to take care of Hezbollah last time they occupied southern Lebanon. That needs to change for them this time.

How do you pacify a guy who wants to kill you and your babies (and drown your kittens) and doesn't mind dying in the effort. Its actually worse than that. He takes joy in dying in the effort! No concession can hope to pacify him short of packing-up and vacating your assigned land. Even then, he still wants you and yours dead for insurance you won't come back and for revenge too.

Seems to me, you either lobotomize him or kill him...but I was never very good at that civil affairs piece.

Vaevictis
7/22/2006, 05:41 PM
Seems to me, you either lobotomize him or kill him...but I was never very good at that civil affairs piece.

No, that's the correct answer. The trick is that you need to do it in such a way that it doesn't give anyone else cause to follow in his footsteps.

Preferably, you do it in a dark alley when nobody is looking, and you make it look like an accident or a crime. Waaaay easier said than done, and sometimes not practical, but there it is.

royalfan5
7/22/2006, 06:15 PM
How do you pacify a guy who wants to kill you and your babies (and drown your kittens) and doesn't mind dying in the effort. Its actually worse than that. He takes joy in dying in the effort! No concession can hope to pacify him short of packing-up and vacating your assigned land. Even then, he still wants you and yours dead for insurance you won't come back and for revenge too.

Then don't do a half-*** occupation then like they have been doing in the past. That is only going to make things worse. Look at it this way, they want to kill you and your babies(and drown your kittens), and they have nothing to lose by doing so. Because if you ain't got ****, you're a lot more willing to lash out. By helping to perpetuate poverty in Lebanon, Israel is only going to create more jihadists. Which is why Israel either needs to figure out a way to break that cycle of poverty(case in point, Jordan has a diverse and growing economy, and you don't really hear about Jordanians starting **** or encourging **** recently do you. Dubai ain't starting **** either, again they have a diverse and growing economy), or completly and udderly destroy them. Those are Israel's choices, and going half way in either direction isn't going to fix anything.

Okla-homey
7/23/2006, 07:28 AM
Then don't do a half-*** occupation then like they have been doing in the past. That is only going to make things worse. Look at it this way, they want to kill you and your babies(and drown your kittens), and they have nothing to lose by doing so. Because if you ain't got ****, you're a lot more willing to lash out. By helping to perpetuate poverty in Lebanon, Israel is only going to create more jihadists. Which is why Israel either needs to figure out a way to break that cycle of poverty(case in point, Jordan has a diverse and growing economy, and you don't really hear about Jordanians starting **** or encourging **** recently do you. Dubai ain't starting **** either, again they have a diverse and growing economy), or completly and udderly destroy them. Those are Israel's choices, and going half way in either direction isn't going to fix anything.

Your agriculture is showing.;)

So, do you propose a full-scale Isreali occupation of Lebanon the magnitude of ours in Iraq complete with extensive economic and nation-building assistance? While that would be best, I don't think they can afford it.

Jerk
7/23/2006, 07:55 AM
Syria calls for ceasefire and diplomatic talks.

Uh oh!!!

Someones getting their *** kicked!

Okla-homey
7/23/2006, 08:04 AM
Syria calls for ceasefire and diplomatic talks.

Uh oh!!!

Someones getting their *** kicked!

Yep, historically, only the side getting whipped calls for cease-fires.

etouffee
7/23/2006, 08:09 AM
Yep, historically, only the side getting whipped calls for cease-fires.Well, that, and the UN secretary general, when their favorite team is about to get whipped. The UN has stood silently by and picked its nose for years while Israel has been constantly under assault, and now that they've decided to hit back, Kofi says the violence must end. Loser.

royalfan5
7/23/2006, 08:10 AM
Your agriculture is showing.;)

So, do you propose a full-scale Isreali occupation of Lebanon the magnitude of ours in Iraq complete with extensive economic and nation-building assistance? While that would be best, I don't think they can afford it.
Personally, I think their best choice would be to take out Assad and thus isolating Hezbollah's main source of support and logistics. I agree Israel could not undertake an occupation and nation building process on their own. They would need an extensive internation coalition to support the effort, and a long term commitment, because both Syrian and Lebanese governmental institutions would have to be built from scratch. Pretty much all successful nation building endevaours to this point have included inherting a strong governmental bureacracy tradition (i.e. Germany and Japan) or a small population(i.e. Granada)
It would take a huge international effort to rebuild three neighboring nations from the ground up, with a fourth also being rebuilt in the area as well. On the area hand, just wiping Lebanon and Syria/Iran off the map, probably does not come up all puppies and kittens either. It would likely create chaos in the world economy, as well as lead to a large increase in terroism among remanining muslims the world over.

neither option is particularly easy, so I would bet there will be some band aid effort to patch things for a few years.

Okla-homey
7/23/2006, 08:34 AM
You know, the thing is, Saudi Arabia and the wealthy oil states in the region could easily afford to give money and build infrastructure for their poor Arabic cousins in Lebanon and Israel. Instead, I think they prefer to keep them poor, hopeless and militant so they will be good candidates for jihaad.

Jerk
7/23/2006, 08:35 AM
Katyusha rocket:

http://www.magnumrockets.com/estyank.jpg

royalfan5
7/23/2006, 08:38 AM
You know, the thing is, Saudi Arabia and the wealthy oil states in the region could easily afford to give money and build infrastructure to their poor Arabic cousins in Lebanon and Israel. Instead, I think they prefer to keep them poor, hopeless and militant so they will be good candidates for jihaad.
bingo, that and investing oil money in the United States yields a much higher return than plowing it into Lebanon and Syria. Where do you think a lot of the ethanol cash is coming from now?

picasso
7/23/2006, 10:39 AM
what should they do then? eat the suicide bombings and watch the neighbors stockpile rockets?

picasso
7/23/2006, 10:40 AM
Well, that, and the UN secretary general, when their favorite team is about to get whipped. The UN has stood silently by and picked its nose for years while Israel has been constantly under assault, and now that they've decided to hit back, Kofi says the violence must end. Loser.
how does he still have any credibility? especially after the oil for food scandal.

etouffee
7/23/2006, 10:41 AM
what should they do then? eat the suicide bombings and watch the neighbors stockpile rockets?nope. i'd go with the other option listed: completely and utterly destroy them. Israel needs to send a "knock it off, we've had enough" message, and to do that, they need to make an example of someone. May as well be Hezzbolah.

Okla-homey
7/23/2006, 12:21 PM
how does he still have any credibility? especially after the oil for food scandal.

Its all relative I guess. The UN is so infested with pocket-liners and extortionists it doesn't matter much.

Jerk
7/23/2006, 02:33 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a179/MikeS369/israel_hezterrorist_cartoon.jpg

SoonerIN_TO
7/24/2006, 11:34 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a179/MikeS369/israel_hezterrorist_cartoon.jpg

Serenity Now!

Peace, peace of mind at least found in the Sooner forum!

I should've come here earlier.

P.S Will trade wife for tix.