PDA

View Full Version : know what i hate?

proud gonzo
7/22/2006, 01:06 AM
When businesses or restaurants fail to post your transactions until a month after you make them. Or when you preorder something (say a cd that won't be released until SEPTEMBER) and you get charged for it now instead of when it ships.

yeah, places like that suck a lot.

SicEmBaylor
7/22/2006, 01:42 AM
The charging me for a pre-order wouldn't bother. I'm likely to forget that I ordered anything and wouldn't like my card to be charged before I figured it out.

proud gonzo
7/22/2006, 01:43 AM
well it wouldn't have bothered me if they'd charged me right away for that either, but it took a week so i figured they wouldn't charge me until the cd shipped.

yermom
7/22/2006, 09:14 AM
this is why i use my debit card sparingly

credit card shenanigans don't end in overdraft fees

critical_phil
7/22/2006, 09:24 AM
wow.

after reading these horror stories, i feel kinda lucky because my bank gave me this new system to keep track of these things.

it's called a transaction ledger. it's pretty high tech too. for instance, if you make a deposit you put it in a (+) column. all withdrawals go in a separate column designated (-). the best part of the system is that you can use total up the (+) and (-) columns with an electronic cipherin' machine and get a rough idea of what your total balance is.

i have thought that Chase bank was the succ for a long time and was gonna move my primary account away from them - so i'm glad you guys posted this. if other banks don't offer this technology, there's no way i'm switching.....

yermom
7/22/2006, 09:32 AM
wow.

after reading these horror stories, i feel kinda lucky because my bank gave me this new system to keep track of these things.

it's called a transaction ledger. it's pretty high tech too. for instance, if you make a deposit you put it in a (+) column. all withdrawals go in a separate column designated (-). the best part of the system is that you can use total up the (+) and (-) columns with an electronic cipherin' machine and get a rough idea of what your total balance is.

i have thought that Chase bank was the succ for a long time and was gonna move my primary account away from them - so i'm glad you guys posted this. if other banks don't offer this technology, there's no way i'm switching.....

what are you talking about here, the thing with your checkbook?

i friggin hate checks... i mostly use cash, but sometimes it's not possible or convenient

edit: heh, i guess you fixed it as i want trying to figure out what you were saying ;)

mrowl
7/22/2006, 09:38 AM
wow.

heh