PDA

View Full Version : Why you should never get on a kids bad side

Mrs. Norm
7/21/2006, 07:19 PM
The last four days, I have been attending a Teacher's Workshop. While in class today, we were discussing "difficult students". A teacher from a Christian school told us the funniest story. Last year she was telling the kids a story about Jonah. The teacher explained that if Jonah didn't have faith the whale would have killed him. A student asked the teacher if she thought Jonah was in heaven. The teacher said, "Well, I'm pretty sure he is." Then, "the difficult student" told the class, "If he isn't, our teacher will get to meet him when she dies". I could only assume this kid didn't like his teacher very well.

SicEmBaylor
7/21/2006, 07:40 PM
The last four days, I have been attending a Teacher's Workshop. While in class today, we were discussing "difficult students". A teacher from a Christian school told us the funniest story. Last year she was telling the kids a story about Jonah. The teacher explained that if Jonah didn't have faith the whale would have killed him. A student asked the teacher if she thought Jonah was in heaven. The teacher said, "Well, I'm pretty sure he is." Then, "the difficult student" told the class, "If he isn't, our teacher will get to meet him when she dies". I could only assume this kid didn't like his teacher very well.

Hhahahahahaha, that's pretty damned funny.

Mrs. Norm
7/21/2006, 08:03 PM
I thought so too. A lot of the teachers in the room gasped when the story was told. I really had to hold back my laughter.

Okla-homey
7/21/2006, 08:58 PM
I think my baby sis was at the same workshop. Is this one of those dealios where y'all get a years worth of in-service credit in one fell swoop?

Mrs. Norm
7/21/2006, 09:00 PM
I think my baby sis was at the same workshop. Is this one of those dealios where y'all get a years worth of in-service credit in one fell swoop?

Yes, we get 28 Professional Dev. hours. However, my district has a few "classes" you are required to do every year. But, you do need 28 hours. Did she go to the Great Expectations workshop? It is really awesome for teachers.

Okla-homey
7/21/2006, 09:02 PM
Yes, we get 28 Professional Dev. hours. However, my district has a few "classes" you are required to do every year. But, you do need 28 hours. Did she go to the Great Expectations workshop? It is really awesome for teachers.

That is precisely what she called it when I spoke with her today. Apparently, her district (Plainview in Carter Co.) considers her "done" for the year having attended that.

proud gonzo
7/22/2006, 01:45 AM
ehehehehe