PDA

View Full Version : A question for the resident Christians

Stoop Dawg
7/21/2006, 12:55 PM
I've been told that since I'm not a Christian that I am no expert on how a Christian should behave. While I disagree with that completely (part of being a Christian should be living a lifestyle that us sinners can see and follow as an example), I'll leave it alone for now and ask the other Christians on the board.

Is it appropriate for a self-proclaimed Christian to leave you some negspek that says "go F yourself"? I'm just wondering if that's normal Christian behavior.

Thanks.

Hamhock
7/21/2006, 01:00 PM
Yes

It is short for:

Go Find yourself a quiet place to pray.

Sooner in Tampa
7/21/2006, 01:01 PM
I am pretty sure that you already know the answer to that, but you are just looking to stir up s h i t

Boarder
7/21/2006, 01:08 PM
No. There's no excuse for it and it paints Christians in general in a bad light.

OklahomaTuba
7/21/2006, 01:09 PM
I've been told that since I'm not a Christian that I am no expert on how a Christian should behave. While I disagree with that completely (part of being a Christian should be living a lifestyle that us sinners can see and follow as an example), I'll leave it alone for now and ask the other Christians on the board.

Is it appropriate for a self-proclaimed Christian to leave you some negspek that says "go F yourself"? I'm just wondering if that's normal Christian behavior.

Thanks.
Of course it isn't.

Unfortunatly like all human beings that roam God's green earth, we are sinners.

The real test of this person and his/her faith is if he is man enough to own up to his mistake and ask forgiveness.

toast
7/21/2006, 01:11 PM
Will somebody explain negspek to me, because some people complain when people don't sign off on it, and now someone's complaining because they did?

TIA

;)

sooner n houston
7/21/2006, 01:11 PM
Gotta agree with both Border!!! and Tuba here!

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/21/2006, 01:12 PM
Well it depends really, if they are a Christian...they will have to be born again and ask forgiveness...if they are Catholic...they are going to be saying Hail Mary's for a good 5 minutes (Father, forgive for I have sinned with neg spek). So see, we can make mistakes...it's you filthy heathens that don't have anyone to ask for forgiveness....oh how that must be crushing you!

royalfan5
7/21/2006, 01:12 PM
I found as a sponsor, I don't have to worry about negspeker's religon. Because you become all knowing, much like Santa Claus.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 01:13 PM
wow, talk about "weak"

this is in response to a negspek that I left stoop dung....a retaliatory neg spek

stoop dung's main issue is with christianity in general

find somebody else to be your door mat, seriously

Partial Qualifier
7/21/2006, 01:13 PM
Geeze.. this again? Either you're calling out Christian hypocrites or antagonizing so-called Christians who may be making insensitive jokes, etc.

SOUNDS LIKE FUN!

:confused:

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 01:14 PM
i'll be sure to beg for forgiveness sunday morning.....for that sin, and the others i committed

GottaHavePride
7/21/2006, 01:14 PM
Well it depends really, if they are a Christian...they will have to be born again and ask forgiveness...if they are Catholic...they are going to be saying Hail Mary's for a good 5 minutes (Father, forgive for I have sinned with neg spek). So see, we can make mistakes...it's you filthy heathens that don't have anyone to ask for forgiveness....oh how that must be crushing you!

I find you're a lot less likely to do anything requiring forgiveness if you remove the possibility of being forgiven. ;)

Boarder
7/21/2006, 01:17 PM
wow, talk about "weak"

this is in response to a negspek that I left stoop dung....a retaliatory neg spek

stoop dung's main issue is with christianity in general

find somebody else to be your door mat, seriously
Do you know that you shouldn't have said "go F yourself" while trying to be a witness of Christianity?

SCOUT
7/21/2006, 01:18 PM
I think the Bible is purposefully vague on neg spek. God has given us the free will to use neg spek, but it is up to us to use the neg spek for the glory of God.

I could be wrong though.

OklahomaTuba
7/21/2006, 01:18 PM
i'll be sure to beg for forgiveness sunday morning.....for that sin, and the others i committed

I think our Lord Jesus Christ would understand if you skipped the begging, in this case at least. ;)

CatHunter
7/21/2006, 01:19 PM
:pop:

OklahomaTuba
7/21/2006, 01:20 PM
I think the Bible is purposefully vague on neg spek. God has given us the free will to use neg spek, but it is up to us to use the neg spek for the glory of God.

I could be wrong though.

I think it was on that tablet Moses dropped in History of the World Part 1.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 01:22 PM
for the record, i said "bite me, go F yourself, or something like that"

04 would argue that the F stands for "feed"

anyhow, i recognize stoopdungs MO, its old and tiresome

his purpose is to find any fault in a christian and use it to paint christianity as a whole in a bad light

thats fine, use me as your poster boy......i'm comfortable with who i am and with my faith

to answer boarder's question - yes, i'm aware of that

and i never "ask" for forgiveness.....i always use the word 'beg" in any prayer

toast
7/21/2006, 01:22 PM
I think it was on that tablet Moses dropped in History of the World Part 1.

Nope...according to Dan Brown it was edited out of the Bible by Constantine.

IB4OU2
7/21/2006, 01:26 PM
PAT> Is F***ing yourself a sin? :eek: < PAT

OklahomaTuba
7/21/2006, 01:27 PM
Nope...according to Dan Brown it was edited out of the Bible by Constantine.

Constantine must have had some bad neg spek going on. Couldn't even keep his name on Istanbul.

Boarder
7/21/2006, 01:31 PM
anyhow, i recognize stoopdungs MO, its old and tiresome

1 Peter 3:15

to answer boarder's question - yes, i'm aware of that

Cool with me. John 8:11

OklahomaTuba
7/21/2006, 01:32 PM
his purpose is to find any fault in a christian and use it to paint christianity as a whole in a bad light.

Just ignore people like this. If someone is so blind not to see all the good things that Christianity has done and still does in every part of the world, and instead has nothing better to do than to focus on the bad stuff that's happened over the 2,000 year history of the religion, than there is really no sense is worrying about it. God will take care of that part. :D

Stoop Dawg
7/21/2006, 07:34 PM
Just ignore people like this. If someone is so blind not to see all the good things that Christianity has done and still does in every part of the world, and instead has nothing better to do than to focus on the bad stuff that's happened over the 2,000 year history of the religion, than there is really no sense is worrying about it. God will take care of that part. :D

I see it, and I'm cool with it. I respect people's choice to be a Christian. I personally am not on board with it, but I don't think less of people who are.

I do think less of people who preach one thing and act another. It's evidently a character flaw of mine. I'll work on it.

Okla-homey
7/21/2006, 07:40 PM

Thanks.

Christians are not perfect. Just forgiven by the grace of our Lord.

Vaevictis
7/21/2006, 07:44 PM
C'mon, haven't you ever told someone you love to go **** themselves? He was just spreadin' some of that love ;)

Stoop Dawg
7/21/2006, 07:45 PM
Christians are not perfect. Just forgiven by the grace of our Lord.

Go F yourself. Or something. :rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/21/2006, 07:47 PM
You guys do realize the f word is censored here...so go crazy..watch this ****ITY **** **** ****ITY **** ****

StoopTroup
7/21/2006, 07:52 PM

Thanks.
It happens.

At least negspeck isn't as bad as swift kick in the ballz.

GottaHavePride
7/21/2006, 07:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UQhq4IUosU&search=kicked%20in%20the%20nuts

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 08:21 PM
I do think less of people who preach one thing and act another. It's evidently a character flaw of mine. I'll work on it.

i dont remember ever preaching it......i've never hid the fact that I believe in Christ, but i've never been well versed enough in scripture to "preach" to anybody

you'd have to show me some proof

Jerk
7/21/2006, 08:21 PM
Go F yourself. Or something. :rolleyes:

Lashing out at Homey? He's one of the nicest people here. Oh, wait, he's a Christian, and it's abvious how much you loathe them. You and Froz would be "good buddies."

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/21/2006, 08:24 PM
The rare "Faith Smack" Look on people...this is like seeing a Dodo bird!!

Penguin
7/21/2006, 08:26 PM
http://chimpen.com/images/ackbar.jpg

etouffee
7/21/2006, 08:29 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/bushtit/smilies/popcorn.gif

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 08:32 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/bushtit/smilies/popcorn.gif

YOU started it!!!!!!!!! ;)

he neg'd me for responding to your "happened upon a sniper" post

called it weak........personally i thought it was dead on

you just DONT HAPPEN upon a sniper :)

meh, i gave him what he was after.....

StoopTroup
7/21/2006, 08:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UQhq4IUosU&search=kicked%20in%20the%20nuts
heh.

etouffee
7/21/2006, 08:40 PM

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/bushtit/smilies/raz.gif

Okla-homey
7/21/2006, 08:47 PM
Lashing out at Homey? He's one of the nicest people here. Oh, wait, he's a Christian, and it's abvious how much you loathe them. You and Froz would be "good buddies."

I forgive him. The D00d who started our religion was pretty insistent on that.

Stoop Dawg
7/21/2006, 09:16 PM

I see the subtlety was too much. It wasn't "lashing out" it was "let's see if it goes both ways". Homey implied that it wasn't that big of a deal for someone to tell you to "go F yourself". I just wondered if he felt the same when someone told him to do so.

Evidently he gets it. You don't. No big surprise there.

And I seem to recall some big religious experience for Jerk about a year ago. Is that still "on"? I'm just wondering because the neg you left me calling me an "arse". Because, you know, spelling "***" with an "r" doesn't make it "okay", right?

:pop:

Edit: And yes, Homey is one of the better posters on this board. Intelligent, level-headed, and opinionated.

Stoop Dawg
7/21/2006, 09:22 PM

called it weak........personally i thought it was dead on

you just DONT HAPPEN upon a sniper :)

meh, i gave him what he was after.....

Dude, I don't have to be "after" anything. You serve it up 24/7.

The neg wasn't about "happening upon a sniper". It was your rude comment about "that's the dumbest thing I've ever read". There's just not a nice bone in your body, is there?

Penguin
7/21/2006, 09:25 PM
I know atheists that don't drink and don't curse.

I know Christians who are *******s.

What's the big deal?

OUinFLA
7/21/2006, 09:33 PM
I know atheists that don't drink and don't curse.

I know Christians who are *******s.

What's the big deal?

And you know me!
I love being in cliques

Vaevictis
7/21/2006, 09:35 PM
Edit: And yes, Homey is one of the better posters on this board. Intelligent, level-headed, and opinionated.

Yeah, but all of that is totally cancelled out by the fact that he has a kid dating a poke. :D

Frozen Sooner
7/21/2006, 09:42 PM

Even though I feature heavily in your masturbatory fantasies about persecution could you try leaving me out of this thread? I like Christianity, and don't think I've ever said otherwise.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/21/2006, 09:45 PM
I hate all Christians and if you don't like that eat a :twinkies: and deal with it

Do you remember that QUOTE!!!!!!!:pop: :pop:

royalfan5
7/21/2006, 09:50 PM
Loud Noises.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 09:53 PM
There's just not a nice bone in your body, is there?

i'm glad you've got me figured out so well.......for somebody who's never met me, and has their only opinion from what i post on a message board.....if thats how you make judgements about people, then so be it

Stoop Dawg
7/21/2006, 10:20 PM
i'm glad you've got me figured out so well.......for somebody who's never met me, and has their only opinion from what i post on a message board.....if thats how you make judgements about people, then so be it

There's just not a nice bone in your body when it comes to posting on this internet message board is there?

Better?

And I did spend a couple of minutes searching for "jk the sooner fan" and "christianity". I stand corrected. You do not "preach". You make a lot of ******* remarks, but I didn't see anwhere where you were "preaching". Kudos to you.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 10:21 PM
There's just not a nice bone in your body when it comes to posting on this internet message board is there?

Better?

if you say so

olevetonahill
7/21/2006, 10:37 PM
IMHO a true Christian would not give any thing neg to anyone ! nor argue the point ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/21/2006, 10:38 PM
**** YOU JK....YOU ARE A LITTLE BITCH AND EVEN TRAVIS WILSON DOESN'T WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND. I HOPE YOU GET STUNG BY 2000 MEXICAN KILLER BEES

Why did you delete this reply Stoop!!!!!

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

Boarder
7/21/2006, 10:45 PM
IMHO a true Christian would not give any thing neg to anyone ! nor argue the point ;)
I neg people who I see using the "B" word. It's more of a constructive criticism. :D

olevetonahill
7/21/2006, 10:47 PM
I neg people who I see using the "B" word. It's more of a constructive criticism. :D
ok :pop:

slickdawg
7/21/2006, 11:43 PM
Any good christian knows that YOU DON'T **** WITH ISRAEL!

:D

Frozen Sooner
7/21/2006, 11:47 PM
Do you remember that QUOTE!!!!!!!:pop: :pop:

D'oh. I forgot about that one. I stand corrected.

SoonerWood
7/22/2006, 12:01 AM
Does this merit a nullification of all contractual obligations associated with the SAS Meltdown Pact?

sanantoniosooner
7/22/2006, 12:31 AM
Does this merit a nullification of all contractual obligations associated with the SAS Meltdown Pact?
**** off, dip ****

Now, this reply begs the question.........

If I only typed the "*" and not the actual words, do I imply that I generally use those words in conversation, which I don't.

Please reply carefully, because I base most of my religious beliefs and self esteem from this board.

Interestingly enough, I engage in topics here that I would rarely tackle other places, and discuss things other places that I try to avoid here.

SoonerWood
7/22/2006, 12:50 AM
That strikes me as some form of Independent George/Relationship George syndrome.

proud gonzo
7/22/2006, 01:36 AM
you totally have to pass the Christian purity test before they teach you the secret handshake and let you read a Bible--didn't y'all know that?

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/22/2006, 03:12 AM
It actually hasn't been a handshake since the early 600's...now we get secret Bible Decoder Rings...It is actually what makes us able to take a 2000 year old text and make it 100% applicable to the real world!! It also helps determine that when our forefathers created the Declaration of Independence they were actually giving us a blueprint of not allowing homo's to marry!!

Sooner in Tampa
7/22/2006, 08:27 AM
Well...stoop slime has accomplished the mission. Stir up some christanity slap backs and get everybody posting on it...then level personal attacks at JK just because there is a disagreement between the two of them.

Good job stoop dummy...you have now achieved TROLL status.

StoopTroup
7/22/2006, 08:30 AM
http://www.hipgallery.com/photopost2/data/500/who_would_jesus_bomb.jpeg

jk the sooner fan
7/22/2006, 08:35 AM
Well...stoop slime has accomplished the mission. Stir up some christanity slap backs and get everybody posting on it...then level personal attacks at JK just because there is a disagreement between the two of them.

Good job stoop dummy...you have now achieved TROLL status.

i'm not even sure what it is we've had a disagreement on

he doesnt like me.....i'm sure i'll get over it

Jerk
7/22/2006, 08:53 AM
We've been down this same road with him, too. The guy incistantly nits and picks at any fault he can dream up about Christians. And it's not like he should worry about it. We live in a nation that has total religious freedom. No one is holding a gun to his head telling him that he must accept Christ, or that he must live up to Christ-like virtues and vote straight Republican. It's the blue state mentality - Christians are the biggest problem in the world and America is at fault for every bad thing, capitalism is evil, and no one should have to account for their actions. That last line is the heart of their thinking. Their whole agenda revolves around it.

Sooner in Tampa
7/22/2006, 09:01 AM
I agree jerk, the way that we handle stoop slug is to just not play into his little troll posts...his weak sauce.

LilSooner
7/22/2006, 09:12 AM
I want my 5 min back on this ****tastic thread.

OUinFLA
7/22/2006, 09:23 AM
I want my 5 min back on this ****tastic thread.

Ok, I wont read it, so you can have my 5 mins. Ill just sit quietly for the next 5.

YWIA

sanantoniosooner
7/22/2006, 09:40 AM
dang...........

people around here don't know how to deal with bait.

It's OK to reply.........just don't give the expected response.

And even though I avoid most religious threads, this topic is interesting to me. Not because it relates to JK, but because I do often push the envelope on the boards for what I am comfortable with given how I want to be perceived by others. I guess I don't care how I'm perceived here, or at least not enough to to lose any sleep over it.

booomer
7/22/2006, 10:02 AM

Thanks.

I don't have time to read this thread right now, but let me say it like this, "No Stoop Dawg, that is not proper behavior from a Christian." Whether it's normal or not, I cannot say.

Just my two cents, but Christians are flawed people too and many think the word "Christian" also means doormat.

etouffee
7/22/2006, 10:11 AM
It's the blue state mentality - Christians are the biggest problem in the world and America is at fault for every bad thing, capitalism is evil, and no one should have to account for their actions. That last line is the heart of their thinking. Their whole agenda revolves around it.So all non-christians are raging, maniacal, anti-capitalist, anti-American blue state leftists devoid of any sense of responsibility, are they? hmph. who knew?

sanantoniosooner
7/22/2006, 10:13 AM
hmph. who knew?
I did.

etouffee
7/22/2006, 10:17 AM
I guess I just missed the memo.

sanantoniosooner
7/22/2006, 10:18 AM
non-christians don't get the memo.

Complain to satan.

jk the sooner fan
7/22/2006, 10:19 AM

and if you were offended by my use of the word "dumb", then my apologies....i certainly wasnt trying to call you dumb,....i just thought it was a silly statement and not very well thought out

etouffee
7/22/2006, 10:21 AM
and if you were offended by my use of the word "dumb", then my apologies....i certainly wasnt trying to call you dumb,....i just thought it was a silly statement and not very well thought outI still maintain that it's not as far fetched as you'd like to think

jk the sooner fan
7/22/2006, 10:23 AM
I still maintain that it's not as far fetched as you'd like to think

then i retract my apology ;)

i think most of us with any military experience would completely disagree with you

1 - i'm going to assume the photographer is white.....i could be wrong, but its safe to say he's not muslim

2 - its not safe for a non muslim westerner to be just wandering the streets of that part of the world,

3 - and you certainly wouldnt just be walking into homes unannounced, looking/hoping for a good photo op

XingTheRubicon
7/22/2006, 10:26 AM
We've been down this same road with him, too. The guy incistantly nits and picks at any fault he can dream up about Christians. And it's not like he should worry about it. We live in a nation that has total religious freedom. No one is holding a gun to his head telling him that he must accept Christ, or that he must live up to Christ-like virtues and vote straight Republican. It's the blue state mentality - Christians are the biggest problem in the world and America is at fault for every bad thing, capitalism is evil, and no one should have to account for their actions. That last line is the heart of their thinking. Their whole agenda revolves around it.

I remember in my early 20's, I was so obsessed with not "falling for" the inconsistent idea of Christianity. There were so many flaws, unlikely thruths,
and a few bigtime Christians that I knew were enormous hypocrites.

I was so proud of myself, I was wiser than all of the sheep, my parents, my grand parents....because I didn't get swept away by all these myths disguised as truths.

Then, as I grew older, I realized that quite a bit on this earth seems flawed if that's is all you are looking for. There can be something wrong with a shrimp cocktail in Monte Carlo if you want there to be. Now, after going to church with my girlfriend then wife for 5 years, I finally met and interacted with a very large group of Christians.....and you know what? They absolutely shocked me. As a whole, they are selfless, honest and admirable people. I spent such a long time focusing on the one or two hypocrites that anyone could quickly spot, I never got to meet these fine people.

It saddens me to see someone focus squarely on the negatives of Christianity, but I understand, believe me, I do.

OklahomaTuba
7/22/2006, 10:40 AM
I remember in my early 20's, I was so obsessed with not "falling for" the inconsistent idea of Christianity. There were so many flaws, unlikely thruths,
and a few bigtime Christians that I knew were enormous hypocrites.

I was so proud of myself, I was wiser than all of the sheep, my parents, my grand parents....because I didn't get swept away by all these myths disguised as truths.

Then, as I grew older, I realized that quite a bit on this earth seems flawed if that's is all you are looking for. There can be something wrong with a shrimp cocktail in Monte Carlo if you want there to be. Now, after going to church with my girlfriend then wife for 5 years, I finally met and interacted with a very large group of Christians.....and you know what? They absolutely shocked me. As a whole, they are selfless, honest and admirable people. I spent such a long time focusing on the one or two hypocrites that anyone could quickly spot, I never got to meet these fine people.

It saddens me to see someone focus squarely on the negatives of Christianity, but I understand, believe me, I do.

Welcome to religous zealot and hate mongering club Xing.

Now don't forgot your cross, cross grease, sheets, and God hates fags sign for the next meeting.

etouffee
7/22/2006, 10:44 AM
then i retract my apology ;)

i think most of us with any military experience would completely disagree with you I'm an Army vet. And I don't completely disagree with me. Freaky, huh?

1 - i'm going to assume the photographer is white.....i could be wrong, but its safe to say he's not muslimSo now Muslims can be identified on sight? That's new.

its not safe for a non muslim westerner to be just wandering the streets of that part of the worldIt may not be safe, but it does happen. You're not under the impression that all members of the media in Iraq have military escorts at all times, are you? Many of them are, in fact, roaming the streets. That's where we get all the pictures.

and you certainly wouldnt just be walking into homes unannounced, looking/hoping for a good photo opYes, but there's no evidence that this is an occupied personal residence. It's not at all unlikely that this is an abandoned, bombed out structure of some sort. Probably a fairly tall one, if a sniper chose it for a firing position. It's also not at all unlikely that a roving photojournalist would be snooping around such a structure, perhaps looking for a high vantage point for some photos of the landscape. Or maybe the photog heard all the shooting, ran into the building for cover, and decided to mosey upstairs to see if he could see what was going on and maybe snap a few photos.

I'm not suggesting any of these scenarios are what happened here. I'm saying it's possible. It's just as possible that the journalist is "embedded" with the insurgent fighters. As I stated somewhere else in that thread, I don't really have a problem with that, either.

jk the sooner fan
7/22/2006, 10:47 AM
thanks for your service, from one army vet to another

i think its more likely that this reporter was embedded with the insurgents

and let me correct my statement on muslims - "middle eastern muslims"

there have been a fair number of reporters killed, kidnapped, etc......i just think by now the chances of them wandering around out in the middle of a firefight unescorted arent all that great

slickdawg
7/22/2006, 11:03 AM
DEVIL BUNNIES! DEVIL BUNNIES!!!! RABBITS FROM HELL!!!!!!!!!!

http://myspace-485.vo.llnwd.net/00298/58/46/298436485_m.jpg

Jerk
7/22/2006, 02:54 PM
So all non-christians are raging, maniacal, anti-capitalist, anti-American blue state leftists devoid of any sense of responsibility, are they? hmph. who knew?

No, but many are.

etouffee
7/22/2006, 02:59 PM
No, but many are.when you say "many", does that mean "a few" or "some" or "more than half" or "almost all"? gimme something to work with here. Like a percentage or something.

Jerk
7/22/2006, 03:05 PM
I would call it an "element."

There is an "element" of leftist-type people who hate Christianity for various reasons.

How large is this group? I don't know. You'll find alot of them in Hollywood and University Campuses- specifically professors- and gay people. That is a fact, jack. As to why they hate Christianity and Christians, I'll leave that up to you.

Yes, there are right wing people who hate Christians, libertarians who hate Christians, etc.

etouffee
7/22/2006, 03:10 PM
I would call it an "element."

There is an "element" of leftist-type people who hate Christianity for various reasons.

How large is this group? I don't know. You'll find alot of them in Hollywood and University Campus- specifically professors.Certainly that element exists. But then there are "elements" amongst Christians that a lot of folks wouldn't want to be around, either.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/22/2006, 03:10 PM
On that theory with the last election being something like 50/50, does that mean half the population are not Christian?

StoopTroup
7/22/2006, 03:12 PM
How many of you will actually attend Church Services tomorrow?

Vaevictis
7/22/2006, 03:13 PM
There's an "element" of fundamentalist Christians who also march around in long white robes with pointy white hats who like to talk about how the ******s and chinks and spics and ragheads all need to be killed. Many in this "element" coincidentally live in red states.

Shall I now, on a regular basis, see fit to remind you that "many" Christians do so, and call it the "Red State" mentality?

etouffee
7/22/2006, 03:14 PM
On that theory with the last election being something like 50/50, does that mean half the population are not Christian?See, that's a whole 'nother can-o-worms right there. First you've got to define Christian. Do you mean "people who call themselves Christians", or something else? If you mean something specific or a spiritual nature, then there's no way you could ever get an accurate census of Christians vs. non-Christians. We're pretty much stuck with self-reporting here.

etouffee
7/22/2006, 03:14 PM
How many of you will actually attend Church Services tomorrow?Why? Does that make one a Christian? Or does not attending make one a non-Christian? :confused:

etouffee
7/22/2006, 03:15 PM
There's an "element" of fundamentalist Christians who also march around in long white robes with pointy white hats who like to talk about how the ******s and chinks and spics and ragheads all need to be killed. Many in this "element" coincidentally live in red states.

Shall I now, on a regular basis, see fit to remind you that "many" Christians do so, and call it the "Red State" mentality?Don't forget the Christian "element" that shows up at the funerals of fallen soldiers to cast torment and scorn toward their families.

I think it's pretty clear that neither Christians nor non-Christians should be painted with a very broad brush.

Vaevictis
7/22/2006, 03:24 PM
I think it's pretty clear that neither Christians nor non-Christians should be painted with a very broad brush.

IMO, a big part of the problem is that a very vocal minority in any group will -- very vocally -- paint with that very broad brush, and after that, whenever someone from the larger group says anything, people outside of that group will automatically assume that the larger group is also painting with that very broad brush. Then a very vocal minority from an opposing group will also paint with a very broad brush... and then cluster**** ensues.

It makes it very hard for the nuances of the larger group's point of view to be understood.

Jerk
7/22/2006, 03:25 PM
On that theory with the last election being something like 50/50, does that mean half the population are not Christian?

Out of context. I'm saying something really simple here.

There is an element of leftist people who hate Christians and Christianity for varied reasons. This is a large group.

THIS IS TRUE

I DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY OF THEM THERE ARE

THEY ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES WHO HATE CHRISTIANS

THERE ARE LIBERALS WHO ARE CHRISTIANS

THERE ARE CONSERVATIVES WHO ARE NOT CHRISTIANS

THERE ARE GUN OWNING REDNECKS WHO HATE CHRISTIANS.

Do you see? I'm talking specifically about a certain culture:

THEY TEND TO VOTE DEMOCRAT
THEY TEND TO HATE BUSH
THEY TEND TO BELIEVE IN SOCIALISM
THEY TEND TO BE PRO-GAY RIGHTS
THEY TEND TO BE PRO-ABORTION RIGHTS
THEY TEND TO BE FOR REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH
THEY TEND TO BELEIVE IN EVOLUTION

Ok....but...but....of course you can have people that believe some of that stuff, but not all of it, or they can believe in 1 of those, but not the rest. Heck, maybe there are people who believe all of that, and yet they are still Christians. I don't know. But what I list is a pretty decent description of your average self-described liberal.

etouffee
7/22/2006, 03:29 PM
THEY TEND TO VOTE DEMOCRAT
THEY TEND TO HATE BUSH
THEY TEND TO BELIEVE IN SOCIALISM
THEY TEND TO BE PRO-GAY RIGHTS
THEY TEND TO BE PRO-ABORTION RIGHTS
THEY TEND TO BE FOR REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH
THEY TEND TO BELEIVE IN EVOLUTION

I'm 2 for 7 here. What does that that make me?

It kinda sucks sometimes, holding beliefs that run across the entire spectrum. The hardcore libs and hardcore conservatives both accuse you of being a member of the other's camp, when all you're trying to do is sit back and laugh at all of them.

Jerk
7/22/2006, 03:31 PM
It's real simple, but no liberal would admit it.

Christianity is the largest block of voters who have, through their beliefs, kept democrats out of power for the last 12 years, kept the left from reaching their socialist goals of nationalised healthcare and redistribution of wealth and property. It's that simple. It really is.

"but! but!...."

NO, that's all there is to it.

slickdawg
7/22/2006, 03:32 PM

a .285 batter

Jerk
7/22/2006, 03:33 PM

It kinda sucks sometimes, holding beliefs that run across the entire spectrum. The hardcore libs and hardcore conservatives both accuse you of being a member of the other's camp, when all you're trying to do is sit back and laugh at all of them.

I never accused you of anything.

etouffee
7/22/2006, 03:42 PM
It's real simple, but no liberal would admit it.
actually, I'm sure plenty of liberals would "admit" it. And bitch about it, too. Aren't you the one saying the leftists like to blame everything on Christians, or was that someone else? (sorry, too lazy to scroll back) Personally, I've seen leftists nutjobs like the Kos Kiddies ranting about Christian voters keeping libs out of office on numerous occasions.

Christianity is the largest block of voters who have, through their beliefs, kept democrats out of power for the last 12 years, kept the left from reaching their socialist goals of nationalised healthcare and redistribution of wealth and property. It's that simple. It really is.

...that's all there is to it.I'd say that's a gross oversimplification. Surely Christian voters have had something to do with those things not happening. But that's not "all there is to it". For one thing, although the voters who kept these things from happening may have been Christians, it doesn't necessarily follow that they did it "through their beliefs". A lot of, maybe most, conservatives would vote against these things for reasons completely unrelated to their religious beliefs-- indeed, whether they were Christian or not. Thus, a more accurate statement would be "the block of voters who kept kept the left from reaching their socialist goals of nationalised healthcare and redistribution of wealth and property were political conservatives, many of whom are, coincidentally, Christians.

Now if you want to substitute some other issues for the ones you listed, like abortion, gay rights, etc., then your statement might be a little more applicable.

etouffee
7/22/2006, 03:43 PM
I never accused you of anything.never said you did. i was speaking generally. although i do get called a libruhl here on a fairly regular basis, which completely cracks my *** up.

Sooner in Tampa
7/24/2006, 07:41 AM
How many of you will actually attend Church Services tomorrow?IN...attended and assisted the Pastor with Communion!