PDA

View Full Version : The world is going to ****

mdklatt
7/21/2006, 11:53 AM
Iraq is still not a nice place to be.

The coalition forces in Afghanistan a few days ago launched the largest offensive since the beginning of the war there.

The Israel/Hezbolla fracas may spread to Syria and Iran.

India blames Pakistan for the Mumbai train bombings, which coincided with bombings in Kashmir.

The durka durkas in charge in Somalia just declared :les: JIHAD! on Ethiopia.

North Korea may or may not have nuclear weapons and long range missiles to deliver them. They may or may not be supplying the items they may or may not have to Iran (see above).

The president of Venezuela (one of the largest suppliers of US oil) makes Fidel Castro look like a Republican, and South American politics have taken a sharp left in general.

Mexico is embroiled in a hanging chad battle of it's own, although in this case the losers may turn to violence instead of pithy bumper stickers to vent their anger.

Have I missed anything?

1stTimeCaller
7/21/2006, 11:56 AM
JohnnyMack has successfully reproduced.

soonerhubs
7/21/2006, 11:57 AM
"Our pets' heads are falling off!"

crawfish
7/21/2006, 12:05 PM
saxet won a football mnc.

Sooner in Tampa
7/21/2006, 12:12 PM
:pop:

KaiserSooner
7/21/2006, 12:23 PM
Iraq is still not a nice place to be.

The coalition forces in Afghanistan a few days ago launched the largest offensive since the beginning of the war there.

The Israel/Hezbolla fracas may spread to Syria and Iran.

India blames Pakistan for the Mumbai train bombings, which coincided with bombings in Kashmir.

The durka durkas in charge in Somalia just declared :les: JIHAD! on Ethiopia.

North Korea may or may not have nuclear weapons and long range missiles to deliver them. They may or may not be supplying the items they may or may not have to Iran (see above).

The president of Venezuela (one of the largest suppliers of US oil) makes Fidel Castro look like a Republican, and South American politics have taken a sharp left in general.

Mexico is embroiled in a hanging chad battle of it's own, although in this case the losers may turn to violence instead of pithy bumper stickers to vent their anger.

Have I missed anything?

In the meantime, Bush has given Israel a blank check while he and Congress worry themselves to death over blocking federal funding of stem cell research, gay marriage, and flag burning.

sanantoniosooner
7/21/2006, 12:24 PM
In the meantime, Bush has given Israel a blank check while he and Congress worry themselves to death over blocking federal funding of stem cell research, gay marriage, and flag burning.
this thread had potential until now.

Sooner in Tampa
7/21/2006, 12:26 PM
this thread had potential until now.or not

crawfish
7/21/2006, 12:31 PM

You're obviously unclear on the idea. :texan:

OklahomaTuba
7/21/2006, 12:49 PM

How typical that the evil neoKKKon Bu****ler brainwash the Jews into doing his bidding by "protecting" themselves and killing the brown people.

And let not forget that Lebanon has oil.......OLIVE OIL!!!!!

mdklatt
7/21/2006, 01:19 PM
:pop:

Figured it out yet? ;)

Hamhock
7/21/2006, 01:24 PM

Figured it out yet? ;)

what's the time frame?

mdklatt
7/21/2006, 01:27 PM
How typical that the evil neoKKKon Bu****ler brainwash the Jews into doing his bidding by "protecting" themselves and killing the brown people.

I think Kaiser's point is that why are the Republicans getting themselves in a tizzy over stuff like gay marriage when, as I pointed out, things are going to hell in a handbasket around the world?

Politicians getting their panties in a bunch about trivial BS (let's not forget the all-important War On Drugs In Professional Baseball) doesn't automatically mean they're igonoring everything else, but it sure makes you wonder.

mdklatt
7/21/2006, 01:29 PM
what's the time frame?

Technically all time, but as a practical matter within the past couple of weeks.

Hamhock
7/21/2006, 01:29 PM
I think Kaiser's point is that why are the Republicans getting themselves in a tizzy over stuff like gay marriage when, as I pointed out, things are going to hell in a handbasket around the world?

Politicians getting their panties in a bunch about trivial BS (let's not forget the all-important War On Drugs In Professional Baseball) doesn't automatically mean they're igonoring everything else, but it sure makes you wonder.

The world has been going to hell in a handbasket since the beginning of time.

mdklatt
7/21/2006, 01:31 PM
The world has been going to hell in a handbasket since the beginning of time.

Really? I thought it all started when prayer got "banned" in public schools.

SoonerInKCMO
7/21/2006, 01:31 PM
Buncha damn Chicken Littles.

Hamhock
7/21/2006, 01:33 PM
Really? I thought it all started when prayer got "banned" in public schools.

Negatory. Although, I admit that the bus carrying the hand basket seems to have sped up in the last hunnerd years. But, I'm sure it's all relative.

OklahomaTuba
7/21/2006, 01:43 PM

I think we all got Kaisers point. The "blank check" comment was more than interesting though, don't you think?

Yesterday, congress had voted on a pro-Israel resolution and 8 people voted against it. I think Kaiser could have easily been one of those 8 people if he were somehow elected to office (which thankfully, could never happen here).

OklahomaTuba
7/21/2006, 01:45 PM
And just to add more fuel to the fire...

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/20060720zppanuelopalestino.jpg

Gotta love the terrorist appeasing lefties.

mdklatt
7/21/2006, 01:48 PM
The "blank check" comment was more than interesting though, don't you think?
Yesterday, congress had voted on a pro-Israel resolution and 8 people voted against it.

In other words, Congress gave Israel a blank check.

SoonerInKCMO
7/21/2006, 01:53 PM
I gave a stripper a blank check one day. Bad idea.

1stTimeCaller
7/21/2006, 01:55 PM
And just to add more fuel to the fire...

Gotta love the terrorist appeasing lefties.

whaaaaaa?????

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Kim_Jong_Il_and_Madeleine_Albright.jpg

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/21/2006, 01:58 PM
Man, I just love his cute little coif.

Mjcpr
7/21/2006, 01:58 PM
Man, I just love his cute little coif.

You heard that?!

GottaHavePride
7/21/2006, 02:08 PM
I admit that the bus carrying the hand basket seems to have sped up in the last hunnerd years.
I had no idea Jerome Bettis was that old.

And the title of the thread clearly says the world is going to ****. I don't know if I like the idea of hot planet-on-planet action.

mdklatt
7/21/2006, 02:11 PM
I don't know if I like the idea of hot planet-on-planet action.

'mo.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/21/2006, 02:31 PM
Why are we passing Pro-Israeli legislation anyway. We should be passing technology grants to help build cars and electrical systems that have no basis on oil related technologies.

mdklatt
7/21/2006, 02:37 PM
Why are we passing Pro-Israeli legislation anyway. We should be passing technology grants to help build cars and electrical systems that have no basis on oil related technologies.

Time spent doing something useful is time that could otherwise be spent pandering.