PDA

View Full Version : The Big12 Is Embarassing

SoonerJedi
7/20/2006, 11:41 PM
Am I dreaming or did everyone else in the Big12 schedule games against D2 schools? This is embarrassing!

The Texas teams were worst of all. Texas Tech normally schedules a bunch of light weights, but this year even Texas A&M didn't schedule anyone tough.

But the absolute worst has to be the Longhorns themselves. While everyone else gets their DII bout over with at the beginning (okay, like an extra scrimmage I guess), Texas schedules theirs towards the middle of the season?

What??!!

I guess after grueling battles with North Texas and Rice, then they will need a break and play Sam Houston State. (And don't tell me about how Ohio State makes up for it all -- it's freaking Sam Houston State!)

Why are there so many cowards in the Big12? It's embarassing!

Oh - and Texas fans,

Don't give me this crap about "No one knows how good a team will be when scheduling." It's Sam Houston State! They weren't going to jump up and be a D1 school overnight. And no one in their right mind would have thought that they Rice and North Texas games would have been challenging at this point.

Save that excuse for Arkansas, or Wisconsin, or some school from a real conference where that might be plausible.

Blues1
7/21/2006, 12:14 AM
Yep - It does look a little Chicken S$%# -

I know our game with Middle Tenn came as a last minute gap after ucla dropped them - A lot of major schools wouldn't take us on for 2006 --- So Middle Tenn was what was left over.

But AUB in the first game to me is NO PUSH over -- even though most would think so...They got Nothing to lose - So Look for a *all out* every trick in the book with AUB --- JMHO...!!

Still Rockin'

My Guess---- OU 31 AUB 16 --- (With Two OU td's in 4th Quarter)

SoonerJedi
7/21/2006, 12:23 AM
At least Middle Tennessee is a freakin D1 school ... Sam Houston State is a D2 school - and not even elite among D2 schools.

Texas talks about how they will have more yardage in this or that - yeah well, play real teams!

BASSooner
7/21/2006, 01:00 AM
Correction: Big 12 North is a COMPLETE joke

Octavian
7/21/2006, 01:14 AM
I thought that was the point in creating the 12 game schedule? Bring in a clown...boost up the revenue...be happily drunk by halftime. ;)

...except for A&M...they should be ashamed of that schedule. They play absolute cupcakes and they leave their home state exactly twice, with their longest trip of the year in exotic Lawrence, Kansas. Fran should win 9-10 games with that schedule.

Mac94
7/21/2006, 09:49 AM
...except for A&M...they should be ashamed of that schedule.

A few years ago, our 2006 OOC schedule was set as: Army, Florida State, and Troy St. Troy and FSU backed out on us and Bill Byrne didn't go out of his way to fill the voids with any world beaters. In the days of RC and Wally (not a great AD by any means) we tried to have good OOC teams from time to time, hence the old LSU series, the Oklahoma series in 1993-94, Stanford, BYU, and Florida St in kickoff classic games in 92, 96, and 98, Colorado in 1995 (was to be a home and home bu the Big-12 killed that as well as a future OOC series with the Huskers), and series with Clemson, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Florida St (cancelled), Miami, and Michigan St (recently cancelled).

So, in one since the 2006 OOC schedule is hampered by our marquee team backing out of the deal, but there is a fear among some of us Ags that Bill and Fran don't want decent OOC games. Bill has yet to ink one decent OOC game yet (unless you count SMU or LaTech as decent) for any future year.

trey
7/21/2006, 10:13 AM
I guess after grueling battles with North Texas and Rice, then they will need a break and play Sam Houston State. (And don't tell me about how Ohio State makes up for it all -- it's freaking Sam Houston State!)

Ohio State does make up for it.

RedstickSooner
7/21/2006, 10:13 AM
The NCAA should step in and deal with scheduling of D-2 opponents. I understand about cancellations and all, but the solution should be that if you have a D-2 on your schedule, the NCAA can, at its discretion, force you to play another D-1 team that scheduled a D-2 that same week.

I'm sure the NCAA would never try such a thing, as D-2 foes are one way big time programs make sure they have enough home games each season, and nothing which threatens a school's earnings is gonna fly -- NCAA knows better than to push teams that way.

Still, it's way lame.

PrideTrombone
7/21/2006, 10:21 AM
Ohio State does make up for it.

Maybe in Columbus. In Austin, no.

Sooner95
7/21/2006, 10:25 AM
doesn't help the whole "Strength of Conference" either..

trey
7/21/2006, 10:33 AM
Maybe in Columbus. In Austin, no.

Playing a top 5, maybe #1 team, doesn't constitute a tough out of conference game. are you serious?

PrideTrombone
7/21/2006, 10:37 AM
Playing a top 5, maybe #1 team, doesn't constitute a tough out of conference game. are you serious?

Sure, that's a damn tough game, but you have to admit that the Sam Houston Institute of Technology or whoever it is that you're playing is pretty weak. I never said that Ohio State wasn't tough, I simply said that it doesn't forgive the fact that you scheduled an assy, assy team in Sam Houston State.

Tear Down This Wall
7/21/2006, 10:49 AM
Our first game with Stoops...Indiana State.

PrideTrombone
7/21/2006, 10:53 AM
Our first game with Stoops...Indiana State.

Coming off the Blake years is a perfectly justifiable excuse for scheduling a I-AA team (the only one we've scheduled under Stoops). Coming off a national championship is not.

Tear Down This Wall
7/21/2006, 11:00 AM
Why? In the Blake years we played TCU (twice), San Diego State, Tulsa, Northwestern, Cal (twice), Syracuse (with Donovon McNabb), Louisville, and North Texas. Why does it make sense to come down from playing Division I-A teams from 1993-1998 to playing Indiana State in 1999? We hadn't played a I-AA team since 1992 against Arkansas State.

To me, it never makes sense for a Division I-A powerhouse to play a I-AA. If North Texas or Troy State or Idaho wants to play a I-AA fine, they're much closer to their competition level. But us, Texas, Kansas State, anyone else...it's just ripping off the season ticket holder to schedule that crap for the price we pay for our packages.

royalfan5
7/21/2006, 11:15 AM
If the NCAA is going to stick with 12 game schedules you will see a lot of this, because: A) A 12 game schedule spreads the available D-1 games a little thinner, especially among the non-BCS conferences, since the current trend is to play one or maybe 2 other BCS schools in OOC play. There are only so many WAC schools to go around.
B) Cash, adding a 12th game gives all the BCS schools another home game, and non-BCS schools and selected 1-AA another big check. The expansion of the schedule has driven up the cost of buying home games, and the 1-AA teams have a little better profit margin.
That's what it comes down too in imo, in regards to I-AA scheduling. The laws of supply and demand.

footballfanatic
7/21/2006, 11:46 AM
Middle Tenn State Nurses College? When OU schdules an Ohio State, then we'll talk.

That said, As a UT fan, I'm not happy about Sam Houston Women's Finishing School. The tickets are still the same prices, the games get really boring right after halftime.

Paperclip
7/21/2006, 12:15 PM
Middle Tenn State Nurses College? When OU schdules an Ohio State, then we'll talk.

Does Miami, Florida State and Tennessee count?

footballfanatic
7/21/2006, 12:45 PM
Does Miami, Florida State and Tennessee count?

Ummm, we're discussing current history, not ancient history. On September 9th, We're playing a team many are projecting to be in the championship game. Miami, Florida State, and Tennessee count when you played them, whenever that was, but UAB and Middle Tennsssee State Penn. don't.

Still, I'm as sick as anyone about scheduling pansies. I hate those stupid games, and ALL major powers schedule them. Why pay $75 to see a 80-2 blowout? It's like visiting a strip bar--yeah, you'll see a naked woman, and she might even get close, but you'll still pay a lot of money for ultimately, nothing.

soonerinabilene
7/21/2006, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=footballfanatic]Ummm, we're discussing current history, not ancient history. On September 9th, We're playing a team many are projecting to be in the championship game. Miami, Florida State, and Tennessee count when you played them, whenever that was, but UAB and Middle Tennsssee State Penn. don't.

those games actually start next year with miami. but all in all i think the fact that we have losur in the big 12 is embarassing enough without having to talk about weak non conference opponents.

soonerinabilene
7/21/2006, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=footballfanatic]Ummm, we're discussing current history, not ancient history. On September 9th, We're playing a team many are projecting to be in the championship game. Miami, Florida State, and Tennessee count when you played them, whenever that was, but UAB and Middle Tennsssee State Penn. don't.QUOTE]

those games actually start next year with miami. but all in all i think the fact that we have losur in the big 12 is embarassing enough without having to talk about weak non conference opponents.

Paperclip
7/21/2006, 02:01 PM
Ummm, we're discussing current history, not ancient history.

http://www.soonerstats.com/fb/seasons/schedule.cfm?SeasonID=2007

SicEmBaylor
7/21/2006, 02:02 PM
Our non-conference schedule isn't that bad.

MRNOTDUCKS
7/21/2006, 02:11 PM
“And you can tell the A&M fans, ‘Wait till Saturday.’ Tell them that. We’re not going to have any problems with A&M.”
--Baylor QB recruit "Mr. Texas Football" GJ Kinne

Of course, he's talking about Prarie View A&M.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/21/2006, 02:14 PM
First of all, when Indiana St. was scheduled...there was a good chance Blake might be here...and that game would have been really good!!! I mean Patrick Fletcher did have to pull out a miracle come from behind victory over North Texas!! We weren't exactly making Indiana St. quake in their boots ;)

Statalyzer
7/21/2006, 02:18 PM

Once you get down to the level of Middle Tennesee or lower, you know that any decent team is going to win in a blowout, so there isn't much of a difference between playing a bad I-A team and I-AA team. In both cases (unless the bad I-A team is Tulsa :D ) you know you'll win in a blowout. So it's silly to say that one certain blowout win drags down a schedule by a much greater margin that another certain blowout win drags down a schedule.

For practical purposes, nobodies are nobodies. And how are Oregon and a few nobodies waaaaaay better than Ohio State and a few nobodies????

Finally, Sam Houston State is I-AA, not II. Again, no practical difference, but it does show that you guys pulled "facts" out of the air which you actually had no idea about.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/21/2006, 02:21 PM
Wow if you think Tulsa is a "weak" D-1 team you don't know much about football...Didn't they win their bowl game last year and how many losses did they have that didn't include OU?

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/21/2006, 02:22 PM
Secondly Washington and UAB would blow out Sam Houston St. and Middle Tennessee would probably beat them by a couple of touchdowns

Statalyzer
7/21/2006, 02:24 PM
Yes, but OU and UT should both blow UAB, Middle Tennesse, North Texas, and Sam Houston completely off the field by enormous margins.

If team A wins 62-10 and team B wins 55-3 against crappy teams, who cares if team A's opponent beats team B's opponent by 17 a few weeks later?

100% = 100%, which are our chances of beating MTSU and SHSU, respectively.

Wow if you think Tulsa is a "weak" D-1 team you don't know much about football...

From 1999 to 2004, you would have called them a weak D1 team and said making a bowl game from beating up on minor conference teams means nothing. But that's beside the point, you apparently were not able to see the :D in the post.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/21/2006, 02:33 PM
I would have never said that...you think teams are rushing out to schedule TCU, Utah, and Fresno St.

footballfanatic
7/21/2006, 02:34 PM
http://www.soonerstats.com/fb/seasons/schedule.cfm?SeasonID=2007

I stand corrrected. Miami is next year, so kudos to you for scheduling it. But Ohio State is the number one rated non-conference matchup this year, just as it was last year, so schedule goes to UT. And to say OU's games with UAB and Muddle Tenn State aren't as soft is disengenious, to say the least.

BUT, I will repeat, I HATE our crummy games against third-rate teams, and I certainly won't waste my time there.

Octavian
7/21/2006, 02:36 PM
now we can't even agree on whose whipping boys are the most docile?

we must be in the last phase of the offseason.

Statalyzer
7/21/2006, 02:37 PM
I would have never said that...you think teams are rushing out to schedule TCU, Utah, and Fresno St.

Fair enough. It still doesn't impress me to go 7-2 in Conference USA any more than it impresses me to win the Sun Belt.

And for the record, if we schedule Sam Houston State ever again I will puke. I understand this hypocritical 12th game announcement had some teams scrambling to fill spots but if we ever do it again..... :mad:

Desert Sapper
7/21/2006, 03:05 PM
IAA does not equal IA, no matter how hard you stretch it. The bottom line is that a team that won 4 IA games last year and was close in 5 others (but lost at Alabama by 3 TDs) sucks, but is better than a IAA team that won 3 IAA games last year and got terminated by Texas Tech to the tune of 80-21.

Our non-conference schedule is mostly Washington (which should be improved) and @ Oregon (which is 'ranked' among the top non-conference games). Yours is Ohio State in your house (an Ohio State that doesn't return a defense, BTW).

When and if you beat Ohio State, some people will rank you number one, which will make it that much better for us when we beat you in Dallas on October 7.

douxpaysan
7/21/2006, 03:13 PM
Perhaps if the Big 12 conference had scheduled and extra conference game instead of another cupcake OOC...at the same time drop that usually meaningless conference championship game...fans would have been the winners.

Statalyzer
7/21/2006, 03:24 PM
IAA does not equal IA, no matter how hard you stretch it. The bottom line is that a team that won 4 IA games last year and was close in 5 others (but lost at Alabama by 3 TDs) sucks, but is better than a IAA team that won 3 IAA games last year and got terminated by Texas Tech to the tune of 80-21.

Yes, I already admitted that. But neither team has the slightest chance of winning and will be lucky if they can just show up and not be utterly embarrassed, so it doesn't matter much which is better.

Saying that beating MTSU is better than beating SHSU is like seeing someone jokingly grab a 1 pound weight, and then grabbing a 2 pound weight and saying "Ha, I lifted a tougher amount than you did."

RedstickSooner
7/21/2006, 05:47 PM
As much as I loathe Tejas, the fact that they have another loathesome (yet highly ranked) team on their OOC sched does make them less worthy of scorn than teams which schedule all patsies.

Simply put, I wish it were against the rules for 1-A teams to play anything other than 1-A teams. I have a feeling were it a rule, teams would find someone to schedule. Especially if the alternative was having to simply forego one of the season's games. Mostly they'd all change their contract process to make sure they had ironclad agreements for future games, instead of the current "wink and a handshake" we seem to operate under.

Macanudo
7/22/2006, 04:45 PM
Ya'll may only have scheduled one D1-AA team in the past few years but playing UTEP (back when they sucked), Arkansas State, North Texas (several times) and UH is not all that impressive either. All of those have occured since 2000.

Tulsa has had 3 winning seasons in the past 15 years. They've won 3 or less games six times in that span.

MTSU has had 7 winning seasons in the past 15 and has only had two of those in the past 10. Not exactly a paragon of football power.

Now, I think it sucks as much as anyone else that we scheduled SHSU. I was torqued off when I found out that we were even considering it. But it happened.

Just be careful whining too much about who we scheduled when your own OOC schedule has it's own patsies and easy wins.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/22/2006, 05:07 PM
Also realize that hornfans.com would have banned you for the above statement and really realize how nice us Sooners are ;)

Herr Scholz
7/22/2006, 05:18 PM
When they announced the 12-game schedule requirement, UT talked to about 60 schools to fit them in our open weekend. We couldn't find anyone but a 1-AA school such as Sam Houston to fit our schedule at that late date. That's the truth. Deloss Dodds was not happy about having to schedule them.

starclassic tama
7/22/2006, 05:59 PM
um i hate texas as much as anyone, but when you are badmouthing them for their nonconference schedule when it includes potentially #1 ranked ohio state, kind of makes you look stupid.

CrimsonChampion
7/22/2006, 06:44 PM
As much as I hate to say it, playing Ohio State makes up for a weak non-conference schedule reguardless of where it's played.

CrimsonChampion
7/22/2006, 06:46 PM
One more thing, I hope texASS beats the shart out of tOSU, walks into the cotton bowl thinking their shart don't stink, then get bitchslapped $ooner style and put back in their place as an underachieving football program.

Macanudo
7/22/2006, 08:42 PM
Herr Scholz, it wasn't that we couldn't find a D1 school. It's that we couldn't find one that didn't want a return trip. Now, that's chicken crap in my opinion. We just didn't want to do a home and home. BS, weak crap by the Texas athletic department.

SoonerJedi
7/25/2006, 12:48 AM
um i hate texas as much as anyone, but when you are badmouthing them for their nonconference schedule when it includes potentially #1 ranked ohio state, kind of makes you look stupid.

Ohio State is fine. There is nothing wrong with that game. I don't think they are a #1 team (see 'lack of defense'), but Texas knew that they would be good even when they scheduled them and so that's fine. The problem is that Texas scheduled a DII school along with Rice and North Texas.

And I wasn't just critisizing Texas. And no - other conferences aren't doing it (at least not to the extent that our conference is) No other conference has 11 teams scheduling DII schools. Just the Big12.

SoonerJedi
7/25/2006, 01:10 AM
But Ohio State is the number one rated non-conference matchup this year, just as it was last year, so schedule goes to UT.

Last year OU played the toughest schedule in the nation. In fact, many services (Athlon, Street) argued that it was one of the toughest in history.

Ohio State was not the "toughest team" last year - they didn't even win the BigTen. They even struggled more than Nebraska did to beat Michigan.

I suspect they will be the best team in the BigTen this year, but certainly not the nation. Their offense was good at the end, but it wasn't consistent, and the defense is gone. Still, they will beat Texas.

And to say OU's games with UAB and Muddle Tenn State aren't as soft is disengenious, to say the least.

Historically UAB and Middle Tennessee have been good enough to be challenging. More so than Rice or North Texas.

Yes, but OU and UT should both blow UAB, Middle Tennesse, North Texas, and Sam Houston completely off the field by enormous margins.

See Kansas State vs. Marshall a few years back.

mrowl
7/25/2006, 06:59 AM
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/15109575.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

Big 12 wants higher degree of difficulty

By WENDELL BARNHOUSE
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

When media days arrive, football season approaches on the horizon. The Big 12 holds its annual three-day gab fest starting today in Kansas City and one topic that rates discussion is the Big 12's nonconference schedules.

Division I-A schools are allowed 12-game schedules, and the Big 12 embarks on its 11th season with a calendar packed with light confections. Defending national champion Texas can boast of a spotlight game with Ohio State, Oklahoma visits Oregon and Nebraska plays at Southern Cal.

But of the 48 nonconference games, that's a dieter's menu of tasty matchups.

"We've talked about it a lot and we continue to place a focus on it," Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiberg said. "My sense is that we've had enough discussion so that everyone is aware why it's beneficial to the conference to play quality schedules."

Strength of schedule, better selections for the Big 12's television partners and increased attendance are three benefits of tougher scheduling.

Of the six BCS conferences, the Big 12 is playing the most I-AA teams (11); only Oklahoma doesn't play a I-AA foe. Big 12 schools will pay more than $3.1 million to the I-AA schools for those "guaranteed wins." And the Big 12 has the fewest nonconference games (11) against teams from the other BCS conferences.

"We have tried to schedule all I-A opponents, but we might not be able to keep doing that because of the game guarantees some schools are asking," Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione said. "I see more I-A teams playing I-AA schools in the future. I don't think it's going in the other direction."

Comparing the nonconference schedules of the six BCS conferences isn't apples and oranges, it's a fruit basket.

The Pac-10 went to a nine-game league schedule this season so each of its teams needed three nonconference games. The eight-member Big East, with just a seven-game league schedule, needs five nonconference games to reach a dozen.

The best comparisons for the Big 12 are the ACC and the SEC, both of which have 12 teams and play eight-game league schedules. All three conferences have 48 nonconference games, but the ACC will face nine I-AA opponents and the SEC has eight matchups against I-AA teams.

Weiberg acknowledges that not all of the Big 12's members have the same scheduling advantages/disadvantages. Oklahoma State, for example, is in the midst of modernizing its stadium while trying to improve the on-field product.

With four nonconference games, it is reasonable for Big 12 schools to schedule: at least one game against a BCS opponent of equal strength; two games against teams from the upper echelon non-BCS conferences; one "guaranteed win" game against a I-AA foe.

"I've been encouraged by some of the future scheduling," Weiberg said. "I'm noticing more games inter-sectional in nature involving teams from BCS conferences. I think progress is being made."

Texas A&M starts a home-and-home series with Miami (Fla.) in 2007, Colorado has a home-and-home with Florida State, also starting next season, and Missouri has a deal to renew its rivalry against Illinois. UT has games scheduled with Arkansas and UCLA. Through 2015, Oklahoma has games scheduled with Miami (Fla.), Florida State, Washington, Notre Dame and Tennessee.

This season, the six BCS conferences average just under 15 non-league games against teams from BCS conferences. Weiberg would like the Big 12 to play 12-15 games each season against BCS teams with another 15-20 games scheduled against quality non-BCS teams.

"In a perfect world, I think you'd like to try for 30 to 35 of your 48 nonconference games to be at that level," Weiberg said.

IN THE KNOW

Running on schedule

A look at 2006 nonconference schedules for the 115 Division I-A teams affiliated with a conference.

BCS conference Nonconf. games Games vs. I-AA Games vs. non-BCS Games vs. BCS
Big 12 48 11 26 11
ACC 48 9 23 16
SEC 48 8 25 15
Big Ten 45 8 23 14
Big East 40 6 16 18
Pac-10 31 5 13 13
Non-BCS conference Nonconf. games Games vs. I-AA Games vs. non-BCS Games vs. BCS
Conference USA 48 7 14 27
Mid-American 48 4 11 33
Sun Belt 40 5 11 24
WAC 38 7 13 18
Mountain West 36 6 16 14

I-AA payday

Big 12 schools will play 11 I-AA opponents in nonconference games this season. The breakdown in game contracts that each Big 12 school is paying to its I-AA foe to be the visiting team:

I-AA team Big 12 opponent Game contract
SE Louisiana Texas Tech $200,000
Northwestern State Baylor $215,000
Murray State Missouri $250,000
Northwestern State Kansas $275,000
Montana State Colorado $285,000
Sam Houston State Texas $300,000
Northern Iowa Iowa State $300,000
Illinois State Kansas State $300,000
Missouri State Oklahoma State $300,000
Nicholls State Nebraska $350,000
The Citadel Texas A&M $400,000

MamaMia
7/25/2006, 07:37 AM
I predicted this would happen when the percentage of the computer ranking, which includes Strength of Schedule in its formulation, was lessened.

mrowl
7/25/2006, 08:22 AM
I predicted this would happen when the percentage of the computer ranking, which includes Strength of Schedule in its formulation, was lessened.

most could see it coming, but I hoped with what happened to Auburn a couple years ago would show that SOS is still important. oh well.

MamaMia
7/25/2006, 08:44 AM
most could see it coming, but I hoped with what happened to Auburn a couple years ago would show that SOS is still important. oh well.
Me too. :)

Personally, I thought the way the BCS formula was calculated in the beginning is better than it is now, after all the changes.

snp
7/25/2006, 08:50 AM
I stand corrrected. Miami is next year, so kudos to you for scheduling it. But Ohio State is the number one rated non-conference matchup this year, just as it was last year, so schedule goes to UT. And to say OU's games with UAB and Muddle Tenn State aren't as soft is disengenious, to say the least.

You also stand corrected that ND/USC will be the number one rated non-conference matchup this year, just was it was last year.

soonerlaw
7/25/2006, 09:42 AM
It really all evens out in the end. Sure, OU has MTSU, but they also have to visit Oregon, TX has SHSU, but they play tOSU, Nebraska has Nicholls St, but they have to play at USC, KSU has Fla Atlantic, but they play Louisville, TTU has a bunch of pansies, but they do have to play at TCU, which could be interesting. So in the end, a weak team plus a strong team equals out to decent teams in OOC.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/25/2006, 09:52 AM
To be Fair..the whorns could schedule Ohio St., USC, Notre Dame, and Florida St. on the road and I would still call them pussies ;)

badger
7/25/2006, 11:08 AM
TV time is important to OU. The only way you get to be on TV a lot is by playing competitive games against good teams.

How did Texas get College Gameday last year? They played at Ohio St. How did we end up on national tv so much during the past five years? We've played Oregon, Alabama twice, UCLA twice-- you know, teams that aren't pushovers during non-conference season.

I have heard other Big 12 schools gripe that the media surrounds OU so much-- I'd say that we've earned it by not waltzing into the post season with an undefeated record (*cough* USC! *cough*)

slickdawg
7/25/2006, 11:13 AM
I went to Mississippi State. We lost to I-AA Maine AT HOME.

Never underestimate your opponet OR MSU's ability to succ.

:D

OUTrumpet
7/25/2006, 02:38 PM
Doesn't CU have a fairly ballsy schedule with Georgia and Arizona State, and I think Miami?

douxpaysan
7/25/2006, 09:10 PM
Doesn't CU have a fairly ballsy schedule with Georgia and Arizona State, and I think Miami?That would be Georgia, Arizona State, Montana State(the aberration) and Colorado State. My vote for the toughest schedule in the Big 12. To give credit where credit is due the buffs don't duck a fight.

badger
7/26/2006, 12:09 AM
their fans, on the other hand...

1- Do not show up to home games.
2- Do not show up to Big 12 Championship games their team is in, whether they end up winning or losing.
3- Must be told what to shout during pregame. (Picture our maysurement announcer saying "Now spell OU! O-U!")
4- Students throw marshmallows during halftime and have resulting in team penalties.
5- But at least they still have a stadium named after beer.

OUTrumpet
7/26/2006, 01:15 AM
That would be Georgia, Arizona State, Montana State(the aberration) and Colorado State. My vote for the toughest schedule in the Big 12. To give credit where credit is due the buffs don't duck a fight.

When does Miami pay them a return visit?

MamaMia
7/26/2006, 03:58 AM
So, am I to gather that the Big XII is the only conference which has easy non conference teams on their schedules?

Herr Scholz
7/26/2006, 08:49 AM
At least the Big XII is a strong conference. We play tOSU and you guys. We play at Lincoln and in Lubbock. Those 4 games are all tough and constitute a strong SOS.

All West Virginia has to do is win at Louisville and they're in the national title game. The fact that the Big Least still has an automatic BCS bid is the real joke.

mrowl
7/26/2006, 08:53 AM
So, am I to gather that the Big XII is the only conference which has easy non conference teams on their schedules?

kinda, the big 12 has more 1AA teams scheduled, over any bcs conference.

MamaMia
7/26/2006, 09:24 AM
kinda, the big 12 has more 1AA teams scheduled, over any bcs conference.Oh my stars! That cant be good. :eek:

CrimsonChampion
7/26/2006, 09:53 AM
We'll be forgetting that business when criami comes to Norman

douxpaysan
7/26/2006, 10:24 AM
Every season ticket holder in the conference has been punked. The Middle Tennesse tickets will not be used.http://www.nevtron.si/borderline/angry.gif

Desert Sapper
7/26/2006, 02:42 PM
Of the six BCS conferences, the Big 12 is playing the most I-AA teams (11); only Oklahoma doesn't play a I-AA foe.

I think that says it all. The rest of the Big XII is sissy.