PDA

View Full Version : New surprise's this Season...???

Blues1
7/20/2006, 11:26 PM
This is NOT easy post for me -- But after 54 years of following the Sooners''

I hate to say this - BUT Right Now - I have a hard time seeing us going all the way this year (14 and 0 ) without some *NEW Workable Offense Surprise's* this Season...

A Two back offense ..ever now & then -- ?? - A fullback that actually carires the ball...? - Someone who can return punts and kickoffs "all the way" - or close to it..??
Opition plays..?? - Transplant Josh's brain into RB's head...?? - I gotta believe the whole Big 12 will be looking for AD to get screen pass's -- So IMHO I hope we got more NEW Stuff than that in the play book this year...??

Will we even have a Fullback this year..??? - IF after 3 games I can call the plays before they happen - we won't make it to the Big Dance -once again JMHO...
Ok - Make feel Better ---- :D --Please...!!!

Rock On'

SoonerJedi
7/20/2006, 11:33 PM
I was encouraged in the Holiday bowl at how different Wilson was from Chuck Long.

And Rhett Bomar is a winner. I think that came through at the end of last year, and I am hoping it continues this year. The offense is very explosive. I am far more confident going into this season than when Hybel (sp? - the QB after Heupel) was at the helm.

soonerhubs
7/20/2006, 11:48 PM
I bet we see alot more than they're showing us in spring games etc. There'll be some struggles, but I think I tight defense is going to carry us farther than alot of people think.

HarrisTubbsFan
7/20/2006, 11:54 PM
It'll still be a young offense. But I disagree with a fullback getting the ball more. I would understand if we had a Q like back but we have a power back already with AD. He can do everything a fullback can plus he can take it to the house at any time. You can't say the same for Clapp or Zaslaw. We still need another running back to prove itself more for a 2 back system to work. Patrick was okay last year but he needs to play more. 25 carries isn't really enough to say he'll be good or bad there.

whiteagle
7/21/2006, 01:21 AM
Reggie Smith will be our own version of Deion Sanders. :cool:

jackietreehorn
7/21/2006, 01:44 AM
Reggie Smith will be our own version of Deion Sanders. :cool:

but hopefully he's not scared to lay wood.

olevetonahill
7/21/2006, 02:27 AM
We will be fine Cowboy
Like I said lets get ready for 8 and 9 :cool:

Readyfor8
7/21/2006, 02:41 AM
Look, here is the skinny on why we are highly touted. The rest of the country sees this as a 2 (or some think 3) game season. We stunk outloud at the beginning of last year and we were really young and we still only lost 2 games in conference.

The math plays out like this.

1 OOC road test (Oregon) + A less than stellar Texas Squad + the easier half of the BigXII North (Col home) = At most a 3 Game Season.

We all know we came up less than inches short in TTech and we were outmatched in Texas. However, if we are even slightly improved and we beat A&M and Oregon on the road, and Texas we would have to lose a shocker to not be in the BigXII title game against whatever patsy the North can provide.

In short the BigXII was down last year, and our SOS is going to be good enough if we remain undefeated to put us in the game so thats where we are. I wouldn't go so far as to predict a title year but I would say we are the best bet in the BigXII.

Boffingham
7/21/2006, 08:35 AM
The one point I agree with completely is the special teams return game. The reason we ran up the score so much was that we were averaging at middle third of the field starting position. Last year, we were always starting around the 20. That makes a huge difference.

CU Sooner
7/21/2006, 11:24 AM
From what I saw in the Holiday Bowl I am excited about this year. For the first time in years I was not able to call the plays. KW's first game and they had close to 500 yards. I won't be surprised to see a high flying O again, even with a young OL. Oh, and for another new surprise, more than 8 offensive plays in the season opener.

CobraKai
7/21/2006, 11:28 AM
I was encouraged in the Holiday bowl at how different Wilson was from Chuck Long.

jkm in 5...4...3...2...

Soonerman08
7/21/2006, 11:37 AM
jkm in 5...4...3...2...

Yeah he was one to believe that we'd be screwed with Wilson as a coordinator. I like his approach to our offense, he seems very aggressive in the playcalling.

soonerboy_odanorth
7/21/2006, 02:32 PM
Yeah he was one to believe that we'd be screwed with Wilson as a coordinator. I like his approach to our offense, he seems very aggressive in the playcalling.

What do you expect? jkm IS Chuck Long... ;)

boomersoonerdude
7/21/2006, 03:02 PM
I like to see Wilson work the tight end a little bit more this season.

olevetonahill
7/21/2006, 04:56 PM
I like to see Wilson work the tight end a little bit more this season.
Hell Im gonna work that tightend More to !:D

HarrisTubbsFan
7/21/2006, 05:05 PM
I just hope our tight ends can help with the blocking okay. Pass catching from a tight end is a bonus for me. We have wide recievers that can do as much as any tight end can do.

OUster
7/21/2006, 05:21 PM
I do like a tight end that can catch the pass, though. Dont get me wrong, I like the wide out as do most men, but for some variety and excitement, give me the tight end. Nothing spices up the mundane like some tight end...is this thing on?

HarrisTubbsFan
7/21/2006, 05:30 PM
The difference is our WRs are all 6-2 or taller outside of Johnson.

SoonerDood
7/21/2006, 05:55 PM
From what I saw in the Holiday Bowl I am excited about this year. For the first time in years I was not able to call the plays. KW's first game and they had close to 500 yards. I won't be surprised to see a high flying O again, even with a young OL. Oh, and for another new surprise, more than 8 offensive plays in the season opener.
361 is close to 500? We had more yards against USC! But you'll never hear that on this board.

Egeo
7/22/2006, 03:23 AM
the offense isnt the shizniiiiite yet but they are much better than they were at the beginning of last year
and i expect (if we can get some kind of replacement for dusty) that our defense will be a bit better too

also, oregon's defense was pretty decent athletically

*and actually im tired of the 2 back offense
lets spread that field baby!
im not saying scrap it, cause i love the I form but lets be a lot more variable

Sooner Schemer
7/22/2006, 12:38 PM
The correct use of apostrophes would be a nice surprise.

Flagstaffsooner
7/22/2006, 12:46 PM
I just hope our tight ends can help with the blocking okay. Pass catching from a tight end is a bonus for me. We have wide recievers that can do as much as any tight end can do.:rolleyes: http://collegefootball.org/playerimages/80042_1.jpg