PDA

View Full Version : speaking of REALLY F-ING HOT WEATHER

proud gonzo
7/20/2006, 09:53 PM
I was outside running a garage sale from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. in 109* heat.

but on the up side, my cut was $170. cha-CHING!! :D

bri
7/20/2006, 10:24 PM
Wow, that's over $1 a degree!

BajaOklahoma
7/20/2006, 10:48 PM
As long as you didn't have to spend any of that at the emergency room, you are way ahead.

Sooner_Bob
7/20/2006, 10:57 PM
It's never really worth it though is it . . .

GottaHavePride
7/21/2006, 12:07 AM

What's my cut?

proud gonzo
7/21/2006, 12:20 AM
We didn't sell any of your crap. It's all in boxes in the dang garage. :P

It's never really worth it though is it . . .
you kidding? i'm halfway to an iPod or a new pair of glasses. I'm thrilled :D

...or I could use it when my Grandma takes me to New York City in a week. Or I could use it when she takes me to Atlantic City. :D

GottaHavePride
7/21/2006, 12:21 AM
You don't look very thrilled in your avatar there.

proud gonzo
7/21/2006, 12:49 PM
some shrimpy dude was checkin' out my manliness when that photo was taken [/hairy]

Hamhock
7/21/2006, 12:55 PM

:D

Do they allow you to see through walls for 3 bills?

IB4OU2
7/21/2006, 01:43 PM

What was the big seller PG?

Mjcpr
7/21/2006, 01:44 PM

Everything fun. Nobody in their house could use it because they're allergic to "outside".

IB4OU2
7/21/2006, 01:49 PM
Everything fun. Nobody in their house could use it because they're allergic to "outside".

Oh my God! Not the Warsher Game!

Jimminy Crimson
7/21/2006, 01:58 PM
I was outside running in the 109* heat.

Beat that! ;)

GottaHavePride
7/21/2006, 02:05 PM
Do they allow you to see through walls for 3 bills?

No, she just shops for glasses like she shops for shoes. She can never find any she likes unless they cost $300. ;)

Hamhock
7/21/2006, 02:06 PM

Beat that! ;)

PSA:

It's not as hot at sunrise.

YWIA

Sooner_Bob
7/21/2006, 05:11 PM

...or I could use it when my Grandma takes me to New York City in a week. Or I could use it when she takes me to Atlantic City. :D

Well when you put it thatta way . . . ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/21/2006, 05:35 PM

Beat that! ;)for sheer genius!

proud gonzo
7/21/2006, 08:34 PM

are you talking in terms of quantity or dollar value? The majority of items sold were mine, by far. But most of my stuff wasn't very expensive. Toys, crayons, etc.

The most memorable sale of the day was my playskool easel that i've had since i was tiny. it has a chalkboard on one side and a clip for a doodle pad on the other side.
A mom brought her son (probably 6 or 7) and her daughter (probably 4) and the daughter started drawing on the chalkboard and begging for it and the mom ignored her. The brother came over and gave me $5. The mom didn't know he bought the easel until he started carrying it to their truck when she said it was time to go. I thought that was pretty awesome of the kid.

GottaHavePride
7/21/2006, 08:35 PM
That is pretty freaking cool for a 7 year old kid.

Okla-homey
7/21/2006, 08:52 PM
are you talking in terms of quantity or dollar value? The majority of items sold were mine, by far. But most of my stuff wasn't very expensive. Toys, crayons, etc.

The most memorable sale of the day was my playskool easel that i've had since i was tiny. it has a chalkboard on one side and a clip for a doodle pad on the other side.
A mom brought her son (probably 6 or 7) and her daughter (probably 4) and the daughter started drawing on the chalkboard and begging for it and the mom ignored her. The brother came over and gave me $5. The mom didn't know he bought the easel until he started carrying it to their truck when she said it was time to go. I thought that was pretty awesome of the kid.

Art burning in the breast of a larval human must not be denied. The 7 y/o understands. word.

IB4OU2
7/21/2006, 09:26 PM

I hope the 7 year old understood the historic value of that Playschool easel .....for on that simple easel the great artistic talent of PG emerged and was nurtured. Don't tell Iggy you sold that.....btw did you have any extra playdo? :O

Scott D
7/21/2006, 10:20 PM

are you insinutating that you aren't now? :D

bri
7/21/2006, 10:54 PM

That is pretty much the coolest f*ckin' thing I've ever heard.

Which speaks both to the sweetness of the brother's gesture and the kind of life I've led to this point. :D

proud gonzo
7/22/2006, 12:51 AM
are you insinutating that you aren't now? :D

ok ok, i'd had the easel since i was way tinier than i am now. happy? :O

OCUDad
7/22/2006, 12:57 AM
Art burning in the breast of a larval human must not be denied.My God, she's only 5 and already you're thinking about breasts? Homey, I have misjudged you badly. :eek:

proud gonzo
7/22/2006, 01:28 AM
That is pretty much the coolest f*ckin' thing I've ever heard.

Which speaks both to the sweetness of the brother's gesture and the kind of life I've led to this point. :D

http://www.geocities.com/eg1rl2002/omfg-yay.jpg

Okla-homey
7/22/2006, 05:35 AM
I also think you should have walked up to the boy and said, here kid, keep your money...of course, I'm sure you did that but you didn't cop to it because your spek couldn't handle the torrent of green that would have followed such a statement and the fact your story would have been pasted into one of those "read this touching story and pass it along to a friend" e-mails and sent throughout the world for years to come.;)

Flagstaffsooner
7/22/2006, 06:03 AM
I also think you should have walked up to the boy and said, here kid, keep your money...of course, I'm sure you did that but you didn't cop to it because your spek couldn't handle the torrent of green that would have followed such a statement and the fact your story would have been pasted into one of those "read this touching story and pass it along to a friend" e-mails and sent throughout the world for years to come.;)PG would be the next domer coach.

proud gonzo
7/22/2006, 10:25 AM
I also think you should have walked up to the boy and said, here kid, keep your money...of course, I'm sure you did that but you didn't cop to it because your spek couldn't handle the torrent of green that would have followed such a statement and the fact your story would have been pasted into one of those "read this touching story and pass it along to a friend" e-mails and sent throughout the world for years to come.;)

I would have if i'd realized it was HIS money. I thought his mom told him to come over and hand it to me. :O

bri
7/22/2006, 10:26 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...MENSA!