PDA

View Full Version : 20-year high school reunion, here I come!

Widescreen
7/20/2006, 09:32 PM
We're driving to Tulsa tomorrow for our 20-year high school reunion. My wife and I graduated together so we know all the same people which is nice. I've probably only seen about 10 of these people since high school graduation so I'm probably going to wonder who all the old fat people are. This is going to be weird. :O

Okla-homey
7/20/2006, 09:40 PM
I graduated HS in 1978. I missed my 25th in '03. They sent me a group photo though. There were only about 80 of us in the class.

Some of us did not age well.

Sooner95
7/20/2006, 09:43 PM
our school hasnt had one yet, I sometimes I wonder if they ever will..lol its already been 14 yrs and most I havnt seen since we graduated..

Okla-homey
7/20/2006, 09:48 PM
our school hasnt had one yet, I sometimes I wonder if they ever will..lol its already been 14 yrs and most I havnt seen since we graduated..

The thing about HS graduation is this. The last time you will ever see some of those people is right after the class marches out in the recessional. You don't think about it at the time, but its true. Ditto college.

VeeJay
7/20/2006, 10:01 PM
The thing about HS graduation is this. The last time you will ever see some of those people is right after the class marches out in the recessional. You don't think about it at the time, but its true.

Very true. I graduated from HS in '77, about 20 years before most folks had the innerwebber. You think your class was small - we had 32. Most I haven't seen since 5/27/77. Although, about a year ago my e-mail got around and I found out one of the guys on my basketball and baseball team had been hospitalized with a rare form of leukemia. I got an emotional e-mail from this guy and said all the rest of our class' baseball team was there in the hospital one day with him, cheering him up - except for one - me. He said he told the other guys that I was the only one missing. Da-yum. This was 25 years after HS graduation.

Made me feel crappy and significant at the same time.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/20/2006, 10:03 PM
I hope my 20-year reunion, coming up in three years, goes much better than my 10-year reunion.
Now I know why I was glad to have graduated from high school.....

BajaOklahoma
7/20/2006, 10:46 PM
Geez, you babies!
I had over 900 in my graduating class. And I had never met the cute guy who sat on my left during graduation. The guy on my right was one of my best friends since the first day of middle school.
I haven't made it to any of our reunions, but I do see a couple of people that I graduated with down here.
My mom has never missed a reunion. Her class now shares the reunions with other classes - they all knew each other anyway - and at their ages, their aren't that many left.

Vaevictis
7/20/2006, 10:48 PM
Meh, with exactly one exception, I would not feel an iota of loss if I never saw any of the bastiges in my high school again.

(college, on the other hand...)

GottaHavePride
7/21/2006, 12:14 AM
Meh, with exactly one exception, I would not feel an iota of loss if I never saw any of the bastiges in my high school again.

(college, on the other hand...)

I'm pretty much the same way. There are a couple I keep up with, but that's it.

AlbqSooner
7/21/2006, 06:51 AM
Thing about HS Reunions is you get to see that the girl who went back east to a fine finishing school came back and married the guy who runs the Fina Station.

7/21/2006, 06:54 AM
Mine was recently... gal lost a husband over the deal.

I didn't go, but I'd probably buy the video.

soonerjoker
7/21/2006, 10:03 AM
HS reunions are great. wouldn't miss it.

both from same school is a big plus. it took my wife several of my reunions
to get to know enuff folks to have a really good time.

at 20 years, most shouldn't have changed too much. mostly, some are fat
but, at 38, not as bad as later. some of the "plainer" HS girls will have
become quite attractive.

Widescreen
7/21/2006, 10:42 AM
I saw some pictures from last year's 20-year reunion. The women looked decent but the guys looked horrible. One guy who I knew in HS looked like he was about 60 years old. Even my wife was amazed at how bad the guys had gotten.

tulsaoilerfan
7/21/2006, 09:13 PM
I saw some pictures from last year's 20-year reunion. The women looked decent but the guys looked horrible. One guy who I knew in HS looked like he was about 60 years old. Even my wife was amazed at how bad the guys had gotten.
My 20 year was 2 summers ago, and i must admit that several of the gals were still pretty damn hot!!! Most of the guys were missing a lot of their hair, and of course had gained a couple of pounds since 1984. Still, it was nice to see everyone again and a good time was had by all. :D

Widescreen
7/23/2006, 12:14 PM
OK, we're back home now. We had a surprisingly good time. There were enough of the people there we were hoping would be there that we had enough people to visit with. I was also surprised at how many people I was able to recognize. A few haven't changed at all. One woman who was particularly obnoxious in high school is still obnoxious. The planning committee had provided disposable cameras so the evening could be thoroughly documented. She got one and immediately took pictures of her naughty bits. I'm the webmaster for our reunion site so I suspect when I get the CD's of the developed photos, there are going to be some things I'd rather not see. :eek: So yeah - there are pics. And no - they won't be pretty.

walkoffsooner
7/23/2006, 01:15 PM
i think i will dye my hair gray and limp alot. Talk about Nam.

etouffee
7/23/2006, 01:18 PM
my 20th is next year. i have no real interest in going.