PDA

View Full Version : I miss Brooks and Trepps

CU Sooner
7/20/2006, 04:28 PM
Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiminy Christmas!!!!!!!!!!! Man I miss hearing that. I would love to hear John and Mike do a game one more time. Growing up that was music to my ears. Anyone have some good memories?

crimson&cream
7/20/2006, 05:54 PM
Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiminy Christmas!!!!!!!!!!! Man I miss hearing that. I would love to hear John and Mike do a game one more time. Growing up that was music to my ears. Anyone have some good memories?
Ditto, however Brooks does the NSU games last i heard as he's good friends with the AD at NSU.

Flying Scotsman
7/20/2006, 10:17 PM
Me too!

I can remember being Overseas in the 1980's and listening to the Fab Duo on AFRTS. I always knew what was going on in the game and felt like I was there in person.

The current team is clueless and inept. Merv's okay. However, I get completely frustrated witht the play-by-play....

Thanks John and Mike!!!

BoomerJack
7/21/2006, 05:21 AM
Brooks was great. I miss his play by play and I wish we could get him back.

OUDoc
7/21/2006, 08:28 AM
Saturdays in my grandfather's pickup listening to Brooks call OU games. Greatness.

LLoyd Dobler
7/21/2006, 09:27 AM
Scotsman:

The current team is clueless and inept. Merv's okay. However, I get completely frustrated witht the play-by-play....

Yeah - Merv is clueless and inept - he's won 4 NC's, coached about 2 dozen all-americans, has been a coach in some capacity for about 45 years at Missouri (where he played), Arkansas (won one NC), he was the OC at Notre Dame (with Joe Montana, and won one NC), and then at Oklahoma (coached on one NC, affiliated with 2000 NC).

His voice may not be the best - but clueless and inept - riiiiggghhhttttttt. He has more football knowledge than the entire state of Oklahoma combined.

You are the genius poster of the day.

1stTimeCaller
7/21/2006, 09:30 AM
Scotsman:

Yeah - Merv is clueless and inept - he's won 4 NC's, coached about 2 dozen all-americans, has been a coach in some capacity for about 45 years at Missouri (where he played), Arkansas (won one NC), he was the OC at Notre Dame (with Joe Montana, and won one NC), and then at Oklahoma (coached on one NC, affiliated with 2000 NC).

His voice may not be the best - but clueless and inept - riiiiggghhhttttttt. He has more football knowledge than the entire state of Oklahoma combined.

You are the genius poster of the day.

you might want to hone up on your comprehension and give that post another try.

LLoyd Dobler
7/21/2006, 09:35 AM
OK, your right I fixed it here:

The current team is clueless and inept.

If he feels Merv is OK, then should he have said the play by play guy is clueless and inept. Right?

Tear Down This Wall
7/21/2006, 09:50 AM
I sat with Treps' daughter at the 1999 OU-Louisville game. Back then, she said her dad would have come back with Brooks, but she didn't think it'd happen due to politics and such.

That reminds me...

Dear Gary Gibbs,
You suck for many reasons. Some of those reasons just spring to mind effortlessly - playing favorite with Cale Gundy, ignoring a perfectly good stable of running back so Cale could practice playing QB for three years before finally getting the hang of it in 1993, etc. But, the firing of Bobby Proctor and the behind the scenes maneuvering to replace Brooks & Treps were particularly pathetic.

Love,
Tear Down This Wall

P.S. - Have fun getting your butt kicked in New Orleans.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/21/2006, 09:51 AM
Lloyd, you're an idot ;). Scotsman was refering to BBS, not Merv. Reread it as 1TC suggested and perhaps you'll understand...

A team may be inept and team members okay...Becuase one cog is bad, the team is bad...

BBS just doesn't know when to leave the mike behind...Perhaps he could get a gig as executive emeritus producer or something, sit up in the boxes and eat hot dogs as long as he would like...

Everyone here pretty much loves Merv, BBS, ehh...

TheHumanAlphabet
7/21/2006, 09:52 AM
Dear Gary Gibbs,
You suck for many reasons. Some of those reasons just spring to mind effortlessly - playing favorite with Cale Gundy, ignoring a perfectly good stable of running back so Cale could practice playing QB for three years before finally getting the hang of it in 1993, etc. But, the firing of Bobby Proctor and the behind the scenes maneuvering to replace Brooks & Treps were particularly pathetic.

I knew there was a reason I didn't like him. That and the fact he didn't sweat or show emotion when jogging by my house...

Tear Down This Wall
7/21/2006, 09:52 AM
Merv and Bob, Sr. both suck. They're both nice guys in person, but they suck in the broadcasting booth.

LLoyd Dobler
7/21/2006, 09:59 AM
Ok - you guys win, name calling and everything.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/21/2006, 10:04 AM
You're too young of a newbie if you don't know what "idot" is all about...

birddog
7/21/2006, 10:26 AM
so, who's in line to replace bbs?

Crimsontothecore
7/21/2006, 09:45 PM
so, who's in line to replace bbs?
Hopefully someone who can get the players names right.

ZsoonersRule
7/22/2006, 09:22 AM
Hopefully someone who can get the players names right.
BBS will never die!!!!

critical_phil
7/22/2006, 09:30 AM
well some of us value important information such as height/weight/class standing of special team players.

long live BBS!!!1!!!

:cool:

Harry Beanbag
7/22/2006, 11:41 AM
Saturdays in my grandfather's pickup listening to Brooks call OU games. Greatness.

Ditto.

Howzit
7/22/2006, 11:43 AM
Ditto.

Ditto.

Tampon Springs, Fla

'nuff said.

SoonerDood
7/22/2006, 12:29 PM
Much like Billy Tubbs and the Wishbone, Brooks and Treps are not coming back.