PDA

View Full Version : Justin Johnson

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/20/2006, 03:18 PM
Anyone know what kind of chance we have to land this kid ?

I cant find his profile on any of the pay sites, but he's the 6'3 junior everyone is calling the next AD

The Consumate Showman
7/20/2006, 03:49 PM
Here's what I know (I have a subscription to rivals):

1. he is the cousin of current sooner Manuel Johnson.

2. Yes, he lists at around 6'3" and weighs in at around 220-230.

3. He really likes Norman and has been up quite a few times already.

4. He is teammates with two of the top OL prospects in the nation for 2008 and another OL that will definetly play D-1.

5. The foursome is currently thinking about all commiting to the same place so they can play together.

6. Lastly, he says that he wants to make his decision by the summer of next year and then start trying to bring players with him to wherever he commits.

Basically, it looks pretty good that we are going to get him. He has said that the idea of it being simply an OU-UT race is not accurate. I think if AD wins the heisman and OU gets #8, he will all but for SURE be heading to Norman.

GDC
7/20/2006, 09:40 PM
He really admires AD.

BoomerJack
7/21/2006, 05:40 AM
Is this the kid from Gilmer, TX that is a junior this upcoming season?

The Consumate Showman
7/21/2006, 02:55 PM
Is this the kid from Gilmer, TX that is a junior this upcoming season?

Correct. The word out there right now is that he is OU's to lose. There were some folks that thought he had already made a commitment to OU this JUne when he visited. Right now, it is looking very good for OU with him, which also might bode well for us picking up some TOP OL for the 2008 class. Justin has two OL on his team that are going to be in the Texas top 100 in '08 and they seem to be a pretty tight knit group...

Damn it's hot today:hot:

Big John
7/22/2006, 10:29 AM
Rivals has him listed 6'1" 210 with a 4.5 second forty and a 3.0 GPA.

Link (http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=48738)

The Consumate Showman
7/22/2006, 11:57 AM
Yeah. What I said about him being 6'3" and 220 was more along the lines of someone on the crimson corner saying that by the time he becomes a senior, he should be around that big. You never know.

Anyway, he is a big kid either way. Looks great if you can get on the video reels of him....

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/22/2006, 12:08 PM
So are we recruiting HIM, or are we recruiting him because he will bring O lineman ?

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/22/2006, 01:24 PM
Yeah, you guys are acting like we have a HUGE offensive line problem, I remember when Matt O'Neal got here during the Blake era and he weighed 245 and he was our best offensive linemen!! So yeah it could be worse.

The Consumate Showman
7/22/2006, 06:28 PM
So are we recruiting HIM, or are we recruiting him because he will bring O lineman ?

NOOOOOOOOOO...

We want Justin frist and foremost. If he can somehow persuade his OL buddys to come as well...well that would just be icing on the cake...

melbitoast
7/24/2006, 02:07 PM
To be deemed the next AD as a sophomore in HS may be a bit much. He still has 2 years. However, if it's true, and he's ours to lose, then I just got a slight chubby for 2008.