PDA

View Full Version : Church camp horror stories...

Okla-homey
7/20/2006, 07:35 AM
It's that time of year. Let's hear some. Falls Creek, Ridgecrest, wherever.

Tales of segregated swimming. Illicit love affairs. Stinky cabinmates. Smoking. First kisses, or first whatever.

Boomhauer
7/20/2006, 08:05 AM
How about a "first" broken bone in my body story.

I was at Falls Creek during the summer before my eighth grade year. We had a co-ed softball league and during this time we played with the REAL hard softballs....not the mush softballs that they play with now. Anywho...I was playing shortstop (I was pretty good for my age) with a mix of college bound baseball players roaming the outfield. So it was around the 4th inning and there is a fly ball hit to the right fielder. This kid is on scholarship to play baseball at Southwestern in Weatherford, Oklahoma. He gets under it and I notice that the guy on second base is dashing for third and heading for home. So being the knowledgable baseball player I am; I am screaming for him to throw it to second for the force play. WELL....let me tell you about this guy that is playing second base for us. He is about 17 at the time. Never played baseball/softball before and I don't think that he has ever touched one before. He is about 5'9 and weighs 260. He is playing second base for a reason.

So as I am screaming this chunk gets in line with me to act as a cut-off. (I think he is a cut off but in his mind he just needs to get somewhere to look important) This college bound baseball players rares back and chunks it as hard and as fast as he can. The ball is on a straight line to me. As the ball is almost to me, CHUNK sticks his glove up, for some stupid reason, and tips the ball. By tipping the ball it redirects the line of the ball and hits me SQUARE in the nose!!!!! Soon after I am down on all fours. I bring my right hand up and swipe my nose to find nothing but snot. Relieved I do it again and this time there is blood everywhere! It is GUSHING out my nose in a matter of seconds. Needless to say it crushed my nose. After getting x-rays about a week later after swelling has gone down, the doctor informs me that I have broke it in 21 places ( I still havent figured that one out). But I have surgery and freaking ice-packs about the length of a pencil up my nose.

Moral of story: Don't play shortstop with a retard at second!

etouffee
7/20/2006, 08:08 AM
I had my first extended makeout session in the woods at Ridgecrest. Good times.

toast
7/20/2006, 08:45 AM
"This one time at church camp..."

just doesn't sound right.

Skysooner
7/20/2006, 08:51 AM
I went to one church camp in Texas where if you didn't follow the rules precisely, you were made to sit in an area near ant mounds. Later they used belt lines for the worst offenses. You would run through a double line of people swatting at you with belts. Basically this brought my budding religious life to a screeching halt. It took about 15 years before I ever went back.

SoonerBK
7/20/2006, 08:53 AM
This year at FC our cabin had a pee trough in the mens bathroom. I went as a sponsor to help out. I had a couple of the 7th grade boys convinced that it was for washing your hands and not taking a leak.

bri
7/20/2006, 08:58 AM
Oh man, I still cringe when I think about the time I saw bolo wreck his leg playing mushball at Falls Creek...:eek:

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/20/2006, 09:02 AM
Exlax brownies delivered to a cabin of boys from Maud at Falls Creek. Boy, we thought we were being really funny but it

jacked

them

up

bad.

We got in so much trouble. And then I made out with one boy that didn't eat the brownies.

The End.

jk the sooner fan
7/20/2006, 09:02 AM
my only church camp memory is of a girl named Tara

and thats all i'll say about that......

stoops the eternal pimp
7/20/2006, 09:03 AM
just got back from Youth America in OKC..staying in a cabin with 13-14 year old dudes is a horror story in itself....no bathing little punks

LoyalFan
7/20/2006, 09:52 AM
Though a Lutheran by category I was deported to a Baptist camp in Looseranna one summer, age 13, for a two-week stay. Caught my first largemouth bass (been addicted to that evar since) there...that's it for the good news...and came perilously close to being meaulested by a male counselor.
"Eddie" was mebbe 35, short, balding, and seemed awful nice until he and I were alone one night for a "counseling" session.
Somehow, I realized his intent and beat...er...made, a hasty retreat.
I made mention of this to comely college girl (McNeese State, Ah b'leeve) who was a counselor as well and for whom I entertained the unrequited hots. Voila!...Ol' Ed was conspicous by his absence the next day.
At the end of the Stalag experience, that girl hugged me, kissed me on the (upper) cheek and assured me that I was "OK". Thanks, in part, to her I still am.
Funny thing. I heard from another kid that Eddie was right back at the same old venue the following year. Dang!

LF

frankensooner
7/20/2006, 09:57 AM
One year at Burnt Cabin some kid from the senior end of the dormitory sprayed Right Guard in my face after the junior end (like 3-6 graders) short sheeted their end. It made me throw up a lot outside of my mouth. I have been either a stick or roll on man ever since.

Another year, our "counselors" otherwise known as evil sadists, otherwise known as volunteer parents, got mad at us for talking after lights out and made us run the baseball diamond for about a hour in the middle of the night whilst whacking some with their belts, ah, I loved camp.

The last year I got into it with the minister from our church and was ready to drive myself home, (I was 16 at the time and drove myself to camp) but he apologized to me for being a weiner and I stayed.

The end

bri
7/20/2006, 10:08 AM
Man, there's a lot of repressed BDSM in these stories. I LOVE when uptight people crack! :D

GottaHavePride
7/20/2006, 10:33 AM
So, I'm trying to figure out how all this weird and sadistic punishment business fits with "church camp" and Christian values and all.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/20/2006, 10:36 AM
All the times I went to church camp - we had everything BUT church on our minds...

:D

GottaHavePride
7/20/2006, 10:39 AM
Then they should come to grips with reality and call it "horny drunken teenager camp". :twinkies:

royalfan5
7/20/2006, 10:42 AM
Man, I must have missed out by only going to FFA, 4-H and other Ag related camps. Well, at least on the crazy religous punishments and what not, the rest sounds pretty much the same.

jk the sooner fan
7/20/2006, 10:46 AM
Then they should come to grips with reality and call it "horny drunken teenager camp". :twinkies:

yes because christian kids would never think about sex or practical jokes :rolleyes:

GottaHavePride
7/20/2006, 10:56 AM
Actually I was referring more to the supposedly "responsible" counselors having people sit by anthills or beating people with belts as punishments more so than the teenage antics.

jk the sooner fan
7/20/2006, 10:59 AM
Actually I was referring more to the supposedly "responsible" counselors having people sit by anthills or beating people with belts as punishments more so than the teenage antics.

you've got a funny way of referring to things

Then they should come to grips with reality and call it "horny drunken teenager camp"

imjebus
7/20/2006, 11:11 AM
If you can't get laid at church camp.... well you just can't get laid period....at least where I went that was the case.

GottaHavePride
7/20/2006, 11:13 AM
you've got a funny way of referring to things
The first post. My second post was an attempt at a joke in response to BSG.

the_ouskull
7/20/2006, 11:14 AM
I hate to say it, but ^^^^^ guy is completely correct.

I can't TELL you how many girls I met a Church Camp. I mean, Falls Creek is basically a town, Population 6000, with roughly 100 adults, and by "adults" I mean, "people who are between 40 and 4 years old than the average camper."

I can pretty much show you EVERY make out area, including the cave out behind my old cabin where the floor is littered with condoms...

the_ouskull

achiro
7/20/2006, 11:15 AM
Exlax brownies delivered to a cabin of boys from Maud at Falls Creek. Boy, we thought we were being really funny but it

jacked

them

up

bad.

We got in so much trouble. And then I made out with one boy that didn't eat the brownies.

The End.
OMG! That was you!?!?!?! Are you still using that much tongue in your kisses?

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/20/2006, 11:17 AM
OMG! That was you!?!?!?! Are you still using that much tongue in your kisses?

If that's you in your avvie you are NOT the boy I made out with.

achiro
7/20/2006, 11:19 AM
Then everyone would just talk about Jesus and get saved and stuff. What fun would that be?

achiro
7/20/2006, 11:21 AM
If that's you in your avvie you are NOT the boy I made out with.

Your breath smelled like hubba bubba buble gum. I still think of you every time I smell it.

Mjcpr
7/20/2006, 11:40 AM
Your breath smelled like hubba bubba buble gum.

Probably smelled more like Bubba than anything else.

leavingthezoo
7/20/2006, 11:51 AM
at burnt cabin, all of the junior boys' underwear turned up missing. that's a lot of little commando's running around.

the senior girls got blamed. i'm not sure why but we were grilled until late into the night. they shined flashlights on us. 'cause, you know, apparently flashlights make you want to talk.

i still don't know who stole the underwear, but i'm guessing a counselor who could dispose of them in his/her car trunk. i say this because they disappeared when a particular counselor left camp for a couple of days (business related?), and then magically reappeared when he came back.

counselors need counseling.

C&CDean
7/20/2006, 11:56 AM
If you can't get laid at church camp.... well you just can't get laid period....at least where I went that was the case.

Things I've discovered in my life:

Preacher's daughters are horny. Very horny.
Choir leader's daughters are drunks. Very drunk.
Half the kids at church camp are there because their parents are trying to "straighten them out." Which means they're already sinful little buggars.

So, if you can't get laid, drunk, high, or in serious trouble at church camp, you pretty much aren't breathing.

SoonerInKCMO
7/20/2006, 11:57 AM
I never knew there was such a thing as church camp until I got to OU. I don't think. Maybe. Someone may have mentioned it before then... but it was probably a girl and I was too distracted by her boobs to listen to her.

leavingthezoo
7/20/2006, 12:01 PM
Preacher's daughters are horny. Very horny.
:mad: :O

GottaHavePride
7/20/2006, 12:02 PM
Hell, I was a high school musician and never once did we have a "band camp".

achiro
7/20/2006, 12:26 PM
They only let the cool band geeks in on band camp so whats that make you?:D

soonerbrat
7/20/2006, 12:32 PM
Wow. I don't have any good stories. church camp was always fun but we were all good little Catholic kids.

phead903
7/20/2006, 12:45 PM
What is "Horrible" about being at camp with girls - stealing kisses, making out in the dark, finding beer in the counselors' cabins...You want real "Horror", go to Boy Scout Camp in SE Oklahoma with a bunch of Texas scout troops !!!

mdklatt
7/20/2006, 12:47 PM

Yeah, I've heard of drum major camp but not band camp.

mdklatt
7/20/2006, 12:49 PM
Wow. I don't have any good stories. church camp was always fun but we were all good little Catholic kids.

Did you go to Falls Creek? And did they try to convince you that you were going to hell if you didn't convert to Baptist?

Skysooner
7/20/2006, 12:59 PM
I have moved to Tulsa recently, and I have had about 6 people ask me if I had chosen a church yet. I say I have one in mind and btw, what church do you go to. Inevitably it is so and so Baptist.

Okla-homey
7/20/2006, 01:28 PM
I have moved to Tulsa recently, and I have had about 6 people ask me if I had chosen a church yet. I say I have one in mind and btw, what church do you go to. Inevitably it is so and so Baptist.

You should try First Baptist in Tulsa. Many posters here attend there. Me likey. They have a one of them rock-n-roll hoo-yah services at 0830, and the traditional service like the Lord intended at 1100.

pb4ou
7/20/2006, 01:44 PM
Once at FC, our cabin was next to makeout mountain. While I was walking around, I saw a girl on her knees and she wasn't prayin' if you know what I mean.

Oops. My poor wittle virgin eyes. :O

achiro
7/20/2006, 01:50 PM
I've left her speechless. She must be going through those old photo's to find the one of us the day before we left camp.

crawfish
7/20/2006, 01:52 PM
I learned how to make the perfect rat-tail at church camp!

The hard way. :eek: :(

IB4OU2
7/20/2006, 02:02 PM
What is it about FC?

Being raised in the Church of Christ I was there only once during a day visit when I was a teenager and a cute little baptist girl I met from my uncles church drug me up to the cedar trees and tried to get me to convert.....:eek: :D

royalfan5
7/20/2006, 02:07 PM
This thread makes me think baptist chicks are easy. Is that an accurate statement? We don't have baptists up here.

toast
7/20/2006, 02:10 PM

I go to VCC because there's a chance that the preacher might get punched..

http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/ktrk/cms_exf_2005/news/ktrk_112305_punchstory.jpg

etouffee
7/20/2006, 02:14 PM
This thread makes me think baptist chicks are easy. Is that an accurate statement? Not universally. There's a direct correlation between how hardcore Baptist their parents are and how easy the chicks are. That's why the daughters of the preacher, music director, and youth minister are almost a guaranteed lay.

Mjcpr
7/20/2006, 02:15 PM
Isn't Dean Blevins the son of a preacher? I bet he was a whore.

1stTimeCaller
7/20/2006, 02:17 PM
70/40 that he was

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/20/2006, 02:20 PM
I've left her speechless. She must be going through those old photo's to find the one of us the day before we left camp.

AH-HA!

Now I know you're bluffing because we lost our camera when we were skinny dipping!

IB4OU2
7/20/2006, 02:22 PM
Isn't Dean Blevins the son of a preacher? I bet he was a whore.

His dad was my Grandmothers preacher, nice guy but I don't know WTF happened to Dean? :confused:

achiro
7/20/2006, 02:25 PM
AH-HA!

Now I know you're bluffing because we lost our camera when we were skinny dipping!
"our" camera, you mean my moms camera and man was she ****ed. You took the pics with YOUR camera.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/20/2006, 02:27 PM
Oh. Sorry.

Let's go pray.

GottaHavePride
7/20/2006, 02:27 PM
:pop:

Mjcpr
7/20/2006, 02:28 PM
Oh. Sorry.

Let's go pray.

Geez, woman....take a cold shower or something.

soonerbrat
7/20/2006, 02:50 PM
Did you go to Falls Creek? And did they try to convince you that you were going to hell if you didn't convert to Baptist?

no, but i did go to vacation bible school with a friend of mine once and they "saved" me. then i felt dirty so i went to confession

crawfish
7/20/2006, 02:56 PM
This entire thread is going to hell.

GottaHavePride
7/20/2006, 02:59 PM
http://home.no.net/eovti/BabyJesusCry.jpg

Pricetag
7/20/2006, 03:20 PM
You should try First Baptist in Tulsa. Many posters here attend there. Me likey. They have a one of them rock-n-roll hoo-yah services at 0830, and the traditional service like the Lord intended at 1100.
I enjoy the messages from the pastor that air on Channel 8 in the mornings, but I also have to chuckle because his last name is "Spoo."

1stTimeCaller
7/20/2006, 03:21 PM
I had sex with 19 girls at the same time at Falls Creek when I was 8.

pb4ou
7/20/2006, 03:24 PM

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73454

C&CDean
7/20/2006, 03:25 PM

Mother****er, you ain't had sex with 5 girls in your whole miserable existence. Innerweb sex don't count.

toast
7/20/2006, 03:36 PM

That's a lot of carpet to pee on.

sooneron
7/20/2006, 04:34 PM
I always broke up with gf's before heading off to St Crispin's just outside of Wewoka. Good times, good times.

The one time I didn't break up before hand, turned out to be a bad move. Of course, we were Episcopal, so we had a workshop called creative massage.... heh

Skysooner
7/20/2006, 04:41 PM

Not surprisingly that was the first one mentioned to me. We will probably end up at the Congregational church on Harvard or Trinity Episcopal.

Mjcpr
7/20/2006, 04:42 PM
Not surprisingly that was the first one mentioned to me. We will probably end up at the Congregational church on Harvard or Trinity Episcopal.

They have a great summer camp for your kids!

bri
7/20/2006, 05:20 PM

Shouldn't the "rock-n-roll" service be at, like, 1300 or something? You know, when the rock-n-rollers are just waking up? :D

mdklatt
7/20/2006, 05:25 PM
You should try First Baptist in Tulsa. ... They have [a] traditional service like the Lord intended at 1100.

I always knew Protestants were lazy. Real dedication to your faith is attending 8 am mass.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/20/2006, 05:29 PM
Back in the day, my friend's husband was quite the ladies' man and partied quite a bit. We found out that at their wedding everyone was supposed to get up and tell stories about them. Since her dad is a minister, we quickly discovered that there weren't very many stories we could tell about him.

A friend of ours then decided to replace the word "bar" with "church camp" and the words "horny chick" with "homeless puppy." Made for some interesting stories.

Oh and unfortunately I never got the memo about being wild & crazy at church camp. :(

Okla-homey
7/20/2006, 09:21 PM
I always knew Protestants were lazy. Real dedication to your faith is attending 8 am mass.

Don't start. I have many mackeral-snapper friends who attend Mass on Saturday night and sleep in on Sunday mornings. So there.;)

Also, we start Sunday School at 0930, then go to the 1100 service. The Rock-n-rollers go to 0830 service, then Sunday School at 0930. It works, but I agree w/Bri, the R-n-r service should be the later one. Especially since most of the people in the 1100 are old like me and us old guys don't mind rising early.

PhxSooner
7/20/2006, 09:42 PM
Our church had a guy on staff at FC that was one of the main security guys. He had quite a few stories that maybe my young ears shouldn't have heard...but I did learn about some very popular abandoned cabins.

Drum major camp--just as bad as FC but without any attempt at morals.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/20/2006, 10:00 PM
First church camp I attended was a nightmare, at least on the first day. It was the summer after my sixth grade year and I went with a group up to Siloam Springs, Ark., on a week-long retreat. This was also pretty much the first time I went away from home without my parents being with me. The first night there I was homesick, and I called my folks to come and get me. I was also teased by a couple of bigger kids, who threatened to do some funny stuff (not too serious, but at that age I believed everything they said) to me while I was sleeping. One of our leaders that accompanied us then pulled me aside later that night and gave me a heart-to-heart, telling me to stick it out and things would get better.
Yep, things got better and I learned to enjoy it more. Nothing bad happened to me while I was sleeping and we had a big pool to swim in and had pretty good food to eat. And all the homesickness went away. But I was happy to finally leave when it was all said and done.
Funny postscript to this story: Over 15 years later, I ended up working in Siloam Springs. And no, I wasn't homesick the very first night.

bri
7/20/2006, 10:22 PM
The Rock-n-rollers go to 0830 service, then Sunday School at 0930. It works, but I agree w/Bri, the R-n-r service should be the later one. Especially since most of the people in the 1100 are old like me and us old guys don't mind rising early.

Good call. Agreeing with me is frequently the first step to being right. :D

In my VERY brief tenure at FBC Tulsey, I found myself enjoying wandering the halls, popping into random stairwells just to see where the hell I'd end up. The secret underground tunnel to the Midtown Art Theatre was unexpected, to say the least...;)

Okla-homey
7/21/2006, 05:11 AM
Good call. Agreeing with me is frequently the first step to being right. :D

In my VERY brief tenure at FBC Tulsey, I found myself enjoying wandering the halls, popping into random stairwells just to see where the hell I'd end up. The secret underground tunnel to the Midtown Art Theatre was unexpected, to say the least...;)

So, you obviously never found the wine cellar?

Okla-homey
7/21/2006, 05:14 AM
First church camp I attended was a nightmare, at least on the first day. It was the summer after my sixth grade year and I went with a group up to Siloam Springs, Ark., on a week-long retreat. This was also pretty much the first time I went away from home without my parents being with me. The first night there I was homesick, and I called my folks to come and get me. I was also teased by a couple of bigger kids, who threatened to do some funny stuff (not too serious, but at that age I believed everything they said) to me while I was sleeping. One of our leaders that accompanied us then pulled me aside later that night and gave me a heart-to-heart, telling me to stick it out and things would get better.
Yep, things got better and I learned to enjoy it more. Nothing bad happened to me while I was sleeping and we had a big pool to swim in and had pretty good food to eat. And all the homesickness went away. But I was happy to finally leave when it was all said and done.
Funny postscript to this story: Over 15 years later, I ended up working in Siloam Springs. And no, I wasn't homesick the very first night.

Wow. Some boys join the Marines to be made into men. Heck, I went all the way to Charleston SC to military school for that. You my friend, OTOH became a man at Siloam Springs! They should have a billboard or something..."Come to Siloam Springs and Become a Man!";)

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/21/2006, 08:37 AM
Drum major camp--just as bad as FC but without any attempt at morals.

Word.

I went to OU Band Camp from 5th grade through high school. Stayed in the dorms like real-live college kids. We were practically on our own until people started realizing what goes on during this scandalous week and started assigning 'leaders' to smaller groups of kids to keep an eye on us.

And, no - I never played the flute. Sickos. :mack:

bri
7/21/2006, 09:19 AM
And, no - I never played the flute. Sickos. :mack:

What did you play?

Mjcpr
7/21/2006, 09:21 AM
What did you play?

The Carpet Sax.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/21/2006, 09:26 AM
What did you play?

Dear Lord help me...

Almost every other woodwind instrument. Except the double-reeds - I never could play them.

Be gentle...:eddie:

toast
7/21/2006, 09:27 AM
nm

bri
7/21/2006, 09:27 AM
Shhhhh, don't step on the joke, Pat.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/21/2006, 09:28 AM
Would it matter if I said I really wanted to switch to percussion (full-time) in junior high?

bri
7/21/2006, 09:34 AM
Heh, it would have helped the punchline. ;)

mdklatt
7/21/2006, 09:37 AM
Would it matter if I said I really wanted to switch to percussion (full-time) in junior high?

:les: Drumsticks!!111!!!

Grimey
7/21/2006, 01:51 PM
Dear Lord help me...

Almost every other woodwind instrument. Except the double-reeds - I never could play them.

so you blew a lot of wood?

IB4OU2
7/21/2006, 02:13 PM
Dear Lord help me...

Bagpipes?

GottaHavePride
7/21/2006, 02:17 PM
Why bagpipes? why not sack-pipes?

Sac-pipes? ;)

crawfish
7/21/2006, 02:24 PM
For the record, a clarinet would be a LOT sexier than a flute.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/21/2006, 02:28 PM
'... umm, I'm gonna be needing a new reed...'

mdklatt
7/21/2006, 02:39 PM
'... umm, I'm gonna be needing a new reed...'

Can you double-toungue?

BoogercountySooner
7/21/2006, 04:25 PM
My grandparents lived at Camp Rock Creek {Church of Christ Camp} East of Norman. I practically was raised at Chuch camp the first 13 years of my life. Kangaroo court sucked! Learned to swim at the pool there. Many fun times were had there.:)

SouthFortySooner
7/21/2006, 05:02 PM
I still remember the smell of that little girl at fallscreek. It was back when MUSK scent was popular.

mdklatt
7/21/2006, 05:03 PM
I still remember the smell of that little girl at fallscreek.

:eek: