PDA

View Full Version : Meltdown Pact

sanantoniosooner
7/19/2006, 10:55 PM
I need another poster that will join in a meltdown pact with me.

If neither of us have a meltdown by a certain date, we will go out in a blaze of glory together.

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 10:57 PM
Bri is the obvious choice for this.

I'll be out of town the fourth week of August--can you set the date before/after that? TIA!

soonerhubs
7/19/2006, 10:58 PM
Lay out the details. Perhaps I'll sign up. :)

OUinFLA
7/19/2006, 11:05 PM
If you can wait 29 days, Im sure someone will pop up.

SicEmBaylor
7/19/2006, 11:09 PM
I'm sooo IN!

Melo
7/19/2006, 11:32 PM
Sounds fun...

yermom
7/19/2006, 11:45 PM
Bri is the obvious choice for this.

I'll be out of town the fourth week of August--can you set the date before/after that? TIA!

he can't have a pact with himself can he?

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 11:51 PM

He has to, or else everyone would get suspicious when "Bri" just happened to disappear at the same time.

soonerhubs
7/19/2006, 11:55 PM
So what are the details and main points of a good melt down?

I need a M.O. here folks.

GottaHavePride
7/19/2006, 11:55 PM

Wait, I thought we were still calling it "roughing up the suspect"?

soonerscuba
7/20/2006, 12:12 AM

I need a M.O. here folks.

1.) You have to be loaded.
2.) Never shy away from telling the board how loaded and respected you are.
3.) You know everybody, I mean everybody. The Stoops, Borens, Gaylords, Switzers and Keatings are good, close personal friends of yours.
4.) You are never to be questioned about anything.
5.) The phrase "can you have sex on it" makes you madder than a fresh steer.

The rest is the art of the meltdown that manifests itself in insane genius, that most of us simply don't have the time or imagination to undertake.

mdklatt
7/20/2006, 12:16 AM

Make liberal use of profanity; be creative, try to fool the filter.
Include plenty of personal insults directed at mods, preferably Dean, Norm, and/or Beano--bonus points for Veritas (just because).
Make sure to attack posters who are part of a clique, thus quickly escalating things; the more people you draw into the fight, the better
This is surefire escalation phrase: "Oh yeah, bigshot?"
Get a fight going between Tuba and Hatfield; this is certain to be completely tangential to the thread, but it will increase the overall chaos and confusion.
If you think you're up to it, stage your meltdown across two or more threads.
Repeatedly say, "**** this, I'm done" and then jump back in a few minutes later.

yermom
7/20/2006, 12:23 AM
be certain to involve someone's mother

and attacks on Dean have to be timed just right, because a mod other than Dean has to be around for that to work ;)

GrapevineSooner
7/20/2006, 12:27 AM
I need another poster that will join in a meltdown pact with me.

If neither of us have a meltdown by a certain date, we will go out in a blaze of glory together.

If we can make it through the NBA Playoffs next spring without calling each other every single name in the book... ;)

soonerhubs
7/20/2006, 01:18 AM
I hear it's important to mention how irritated I am with all the Junior High Humor

soonerhubs
7/20/2006, 01:25 AM
Make liberal use of profanity; be creative, try to fool the filter.
Include plenty of personal insults directed at mods, preferably Dean, Norm, and/or Beano--bonus points for Veritas (just because).
Make sure to attack posters who are part of a clique, thus quickly escalating things; the more people you draw into the fight, the better
This is surefire escalation phrase: "Oh yeah, bigshot?"
Get a fight going between Tuba and Hatfield; this is certain to be completely tangential to the thread, but it will increase the overall chaos and confusion.
If you think you're up to it, stage your meltdown across two or more threads.
Repeatedly say, "**** this, I'm done" and then jump back in a few minutes later.

Oh nevermind. I tried to do a meltdown post, but I'm just not mad enough. I'll try to think of something to make me mad.

Scott D
7/20/2006, 04:43 AM
Oh nevermind. I tried to do a meltdown post, but I'm just not mad enough. I'll try to think of something to make me mad.

just remember how many people here are willing and ready to mock your religion ;)

Hamhock
7/20/2006, 07:10 AM
**** this, I'm done

GottaHavePride
7/20/2006, 09:57 AM

Like milk. No no, wait, sorry, like Red Bull. Or kittens! Covered in spikes!

soonerhubs
7/20/2006, 10:09 AM
just remember how many people here are willing and ready to mock your religion ;)

Good point. But their arguments and attacks were laughable so I couldn't really get angry. ;)

"Science says you're religion is full of crap!"

Well No Kidding! That could be applied to all religions.

Too funny to get angry, besides for the most part they weren't too rude. But I'll find something that makes me mad.

yermom
7/20/2006, 10:10 AM
haha, silly Hublings

;)

soonerhubs
7/20/2006, 10:15 AM
haha, silly Hublings

;)

Soon you'll be seeing more and more of us Hublings. We're taking over the world. One message board at a time. ;) It's our only escape from our 30 wives. :D

:pop: * Eagerly waiting for polygamy comment.*

sanantoniosooner
7/22/2006, 12:35 AM
30 wives means 30 mothers-n-law.

Let that soak in a minute.

OCUDad
7/22/2006, 12:39 AM
30 wives means 30 mothers-n-law.

Let that soak in a minute.So you should marry a bunch of sisters. 'Cause that cuts down on the M-I-L ratio.:rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
7/22/2006, 12:43 AM
30 wives would gang up on you.

30 sisters would kill you.

proud gonzo
7/22/2006, 01:36 AM
Helander blah blah blah...

etouffee
7/22/2006, 06:30 AM
So you should marry a bunch of sisters. ok, but what would the offspring be in relation to each other-- cousins or siblings? coublings? do we have any posters from arkansas who could provide some insight here?

StoopTroup
7/22/2006, 08:14 AM
http://users.rcn.com/jbarab/Alliance%20Warning.jpg