PDA

View Full Version : Do you think OU's game with Washington...

Soonerus
7/19/2006, 06:27 PM
...will take on added intensity with the OKC group's acquisition of Saettle's NBA team yesterday ????

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 06:32 PM
Uhhhh...not even a tiny little bit.

Soonerus
7/19/2006, 06:34 PM
maybe for the jilted Wa****onians...as AD runs wild on their arses...

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 06:44 PM
maybe for the jilted Wa****onians...as AD runs wild on their arses...

If they gave a damn about the Sonics there wouldn't be a possibility of them moving here in the first place. :D

Seeing as how most Pac-10 fans view every other conference as not even worthy of being in D-IA with them, they're probably looking past this game to their first game with a quality opponent like Stanford. Besides, everybody knows early-season games don't matter...if you lose. Just ask the 2003 Trojans.

The Consumate Showman
7/19/2006, 06:48 PM
no. period.

Geekboy
7/19/2006, 07:16 PM
I think it takes on added intensity simply because OU is ranked so high preseason by several reputable magazines.

But..........then again, what do I know?

soonerinabilene
7/19/2006, 07:56 PM
i haven't heard the words intensity and washington in the same sentence in a long time.

Readyfor8
7/19/2006, 08:03 PM
i haven't heard the words intensity and washington in the same sentence in a long time.

Tyronne Willingham had a look of fierce intensity in his eyes as the Washington Huskies were handed a beating by half a pack of retarded midgets today.

That was the last one I heard.

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 08:06 PM
Tyronne Willingham had a look of fierce intensity in his eyes as the Washington Huskies were handed a beating by half a pack of retarded midgets today.

How can you tell? Dude likes him some shades.

http://www.maxwellfootballclub.org/content/awards/munger/2002/willingham_lg_web.jpg

Snrfn4ever08
7/19/2006, 09:57 PM
Besides, everybody knows early-season games don't matter...if you lose. Just ask the 2003 Trojans.
you say this as if they accomplished something important that year. i think you need to stop watching espn and spend more time here drinking our kool-aid:D

NobleSooner
7/19/2006, 10:08 PM
You bring up a good point because it might be a big deal by the time OU plays in Seattle because by that time a move by the Sonics might already be certain.

That might fire up the Husky fans.

Snrfn4ever08
7/19/2006, 11:03 PM
You bring up a good point because it might be a big deal by the time OU plays in Seattle because by that time a move by the Sonics might already be certain.

at least something will since their football team can't

OUfan7
7/20/2006, 07:20 AM
Sonics or not, it's Washington, Boomer and Sooner deserve to run wild after getting penalized the last time we played them!!!

Texas Golfer
7/20/2006, 10:04 AM
Not in the least. The game itself will have all the intensity that it needs.

RedstickSooner
7/21/2006, 07:27 PM

Dude. Seriously. If you took everyone in the stadium rooting for the Huskies, and asked them to name Seattle's professional basketball team, I bet you at least 20% wouldn't know -- and another 70% would know but not care.

It ain't a big sports town. It certainly ain't a big *basketball* town, and most important of all, the handful of people who *are* basketball fans in Seattle sure as heck aren't Husky fans.