PDA

View Full Version : Newcomers?

ZsoonersRule
7/19/2006, 03:45 PM
What newcomers will have the biggest impact on Sooners season?

Tear Down This Wall
7/19/2006, 03:49 PM
Any offensive lineman Schmidt doesn't run off before the start of the season.

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/19/2006, 04:04 PM
McCoy,Murray, etc.

The Walk-on
7/19/2006, 04:19 PM
Gresham

TexanSooner420
7/19/2006, 04:32 PM
im gonna go out on a limb, but its gonna be Erik Mensik ;)

Landthief 1972
7/19/2006, 04:58 PM
I hear that Peterson kid might be a star. Has anybody heard of him?

ZsoonersRule
7/19/2006, 05:03 PM
I hear that Peterson kid might be a star. Has anybody heard of him?
I'm not sure, but I don't think he's a "newcomer"!

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/19/2006, 06:12 PM
McCoy/Granger

Best Duo in the nation

The Consumate Showman
7/19/2006, 06:45 PM
I think Gresham will star as long as he's not a total puss. I know, I know...there have been nothing short of a gagle of reports, from Bobby himself even, that Gresham seems to be the real deal and maybe one of the most promising newcomers since AD came here. The problem I have with these reports are that not all of team has reported yet and they have not started full contact drills yet either nor two-a-days. IF he is a truly "AD-like", then I think we'll be in for the show of a lifetime in the coming years with him at OU.

Just being objective to the situation, BUT... I am firmly believe that Gresham can and will be a HUGE surprise for us this year. Possibly much like Jarrett at SUC when he was a frosh.

Yes, McCoy is a manchild, but he is going to be in a deep rotation with about 4-5 others. Gresham could become a star in no time out there.

Also, it seems very likely that Brandon Walker will PROBABLY get a starting spot on the OL this year. It's being reported that he's dropped about 20 lbs since arriving and has been working and performing well with the OL group thus far.

The Consumate Showman
7/19/2006, 06:47 PM
McCoy/Granger

Best Duo in the nation

Next year, they will be FEARED among all opponents RB's. You've got to allow for big Carl and Corey to mix it up this year quite a bit...

Our DE's and LB's will be the show stoppers this year.

soonerinabilene
7/19/2006, 08:00 PM
nickzepp "our punter better be ready to make an impact cuz we are gonna suck" nickzepp

seriously, if he doesnt redshirt, i wouldnt be surprised if demarco murray was well known by the end of the year, not only from returning kicks, but also when he is in to spell ad and patrick.

BASSooner
7/19/2006, 08:27 PM
I think Gresham will star as long as he's not a total puss. I know, I know...there have been nothing short of a gagle of reports, from Bobby himself even, that Gresham seems to be the real deal and maybe one of the most promising newcomers since AD came here. The problem I have with these reports are that not all of team has reported yet and they have not started full contact drills yet either nor two-a-days. IF he is a truly "AD-like", then I think we'll be in for the show of a lifetime in the coming years with him at OU.

Just being objective to the situation, BUT... I am firmly believe that Gresham can and will be a HUGE surprise for us this year. Possibly much like Jarrett at SUC when he was a frosh.

Yes, McCoy is a manchild, but he is going to be in a deep rotation with about 4-5 others. Gresham could become a star in no time out there.

Also, it seems very likely that Brandon Walker will PROBABLY get a starting spot on the OL this year. It's being reported that he's dropped about 20 lbs since arriving and has been working and performing well with the OL group thus far.
I've never seen gresham play but I've heard he is a GREAT receiver type guy though. Will he be a gigantic receiver or just a tight end?

The Consumate Showman
7/19/2006, 09:27 PM
I've never seen gresham play but I've heard he is a GREAT receiver type guy though. Will he be a gigantic receiver or just a tight end?

Right now I think KW is looking at him being more of a reciever. Yes, we recruited him as a tight end and he has put on some weight, but I think there will be more questions about his ability to run-block and pick up safeties and such. He might be the type of guy we split wide on the first play of the game and try to hit somebody in the belly from the git-go. IF he is half as good as the talk surrounding him, look out...

Soonerman08
7/19/2006, 10:12 PM
Speaking of NickZepp I think he fell off the planet.

The Consumate Showman
7/19/2006, 10:15 PM
Speaking of NickZepp I think he fell off the planet.

:pop:

Maybe that's not a bad thing...

Collier11
7/20/2006, 01:38 AM
The ones that play :)

the OOF
7/20/2006, 09:57 AM
i'm really surprised some Sooner fan hasn't slapped him around by now.

BOOMER SOONER!

CatfishSooner
7/20/2006, 10:29 AM
Murray is gonna be goood...

HarrisTubbsFan
7/20/2006, 03:53 PM
Gresham probably has the best chance on offense. Joe Jon Finley has been good but not exactly great so Gresham if he's really as good as advertised he can win the job there or he can play in some 2 TE sets. Murray will be good he could impact the return game. If he's good enough he could even be the 2nd team running back. I'm sure a couple of the linemen will get a shot at starting.

Defense McCoy will get a shot. Maybe a Tabon at LB. Maybe a newcomer at safety will crack the lineup.