PDA

View Full Version : ??? re: OU-Texas ticket availability the day of the game

soonerboy_odanorth
7/19/2006, 01:59 PM
So, for those lucky few (or many) of you who've scored OU-UT tix the past several years, what has ticket availability been like on game day? I'm looking for tickets now and would like to secure them in advance, but am going down anyway even if I don't have them. Do you think it would be possible to score a pair for $150-$200 per tkt on game day?

TexanSooner420
7/19/2006, 02:39 PM
NO

ZsoonersRule
7/19/2006, 02:43 PM
Maybe $300 - $400........Good Luck!!!!

TexanSooner420
7/19/2006, 03:11 PM
well, I will retract my statement, there are a ton of people scalping tickets, the key to finding the cheapest tickets are finding the drunkest students. If you find some 19 year old sophomore drunk off his *** trying to get more $ for booze, you may, keyword being may, be able to find a pair for $200 each. But good luck, everyone else is gonna be looking for the exact same thing.

sooner518
7/19/2006, 03:14 PM
ive only been down there a couple times for the game, but Id be willing to bet you could get tickets for 200 a piece. the biggest problem is that the cheapest tickets are going to be singles, so you wont be able to sit with anyone you know for that price unless you get lucky

Soonrboy
7/19/2006, 03:26 PM
Easily. Especially closer to kick off...just be patient.

yermom
7/19/2006, 03:32 PM
i've seen them go for that and less on gameday

watch for the cops though

sooner6314
7/19/2006, 03:50 PM
Mine went for about $800 last year on ebay. I sold them before the season started though. Seats where on the 10, ou side about 16 rows up, not bad. Actually came out good I thought

soonerlaw
7/19/2006, 03:53 PM
Sometimes you can get good priced tickets... unfortunately they are usually on the Saxet side, in which was its not worth the savings to sit on the bandwagon with those losers.

colleyvillesooner
7/19/2006, 04:25 PM
Sometimes you can get good priced tickets... unfortunately they are usually on the Saxet side, in which was its not worth the savings to sit on the bandwagon with those losers.

Yep, make sure you know the section OU is in. Print out a stadium map and take it with you.

tamutaylor12
7/19/2006, 07:23 PM
Me and some friends just handed the ticket taker a wad of cash and kept on walking. Worked for about 6 of us and its much cheaper. The only tickets I saw outside the stadium were going for around 400.

A-M
7/19/2006, 07:56 PM
I only made it to one of these games and had to set in the Texas Alumni section. Believe me, that sucked big time!!! You would be better off watching it on your hotel TV if you can't get a ticket on the OU side.

Readyfor8
7/19/2006, 07:58 PM
Me and some friends just handed the ticket taker a wad of cash and kept on walking. Worked for about 6 of us and its much cheaper. The only tickets I saw outside the stadium were going for around 400.

Somewhere in this statement is a lie... see if you can find it.

Congratulations you are the "Where's Waldo" of dumb asses!!

Zing
7/19/2006, 09:23 PM
There are always public drunken brawls the night before the game, so go hit up the jail... people there will have tickets, but will be spending the weekend in the slammer.

Naturally, they'll be in the mood to sell.

Although, I must admit, I find the idea of bribing the ticket taker most amusing.

tamutaylor12
7/19/2006, 09:32 PM
yeah, i was actually planning on buying tickets as I have in the past but I couldnt get anybody below 400. Some of my buddies told me about slipping the ticket taker some money so I tried it along with several friends. The only problem is finding a seat when inside.

Its actually pretty sad that the guy we went through made at least 300 that day and somebody honest probably made 30.

mikeb
7/20/2006, 09:32 AM
yeah, i was actually planning on buying tickets as I have in the past but I couldnt get anybody below 400. Some of my buddies told me about slipping the ticket taker some money so I tried it along with several friends. The only problem is finding a seat when inside.

Its actually pretty sad that the guy we went through made at least 300 that day and somebody honest probably made 30.
Trust me most of them make more than 300 on game day.;) ;)