PDA

View Full Version : The Boz in Joplin, MO

swardboy
7/19/2006, 07:12 AM
...noon to two p.m. Saturday at Harley dealership, Cycle Connection, for autographs and pics. He's participating in the Ride for Life event. Another guy will be there, Trigger Gum...he's set to have a go Sunday at the world record for the longest outright jump on a motorcycle. Maybe some of you NE Oklahoma, SW MO peeps can meet the blonde master of disaster.....

sooner n houston
7/19/2006, 09:01 AM
Of course he will be there on the weekend I am going home! I would love to get his autograph! Bentonville is about 60 miles from Joplin.

The Consumate Showman
7/19/2006, 03:12 PM
I wish he would show his arse up in Oklahoma sometime...

SoonerGirl1201
7/19/2006, 04:33 PM
I was a huge Boz fan at the age of 13 (when he played), but sometimes I wonder if I should be so proud of him. Looking back - while he was correct in pointing out the deficiencies of the NCAA - he was a total jerk about it and acted like a big spoiled kid. However, he was probably one of the best linebackers ever (but I'm sure the steroids helped). Then the tell-all book stuff, but again the program needed to be cleaned up.

Hmm, I'm just not sure what to think but I can safely say this, there are probably about 100 other former Sooners that I'd be happier to see in person than him.

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 04:56 PM
Cycle Connection

Is that near Fag Bearings?

nativesooner
7/19/2006, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't mind having him scribble on something for me, but I'm not willing to drive way up there. I heard he charges a lot to do events and no one in Oklahoma is willing to pay what he's asking. Maybe the school can talk him into coming back for the Fan Fest or something.

Wishboned
7/19/2006, 06:08 PM
I was a huge Boz fan at the age of 13 (when he played), but sometimes I wonder if I should be so proud of him. Looking back - while he was correct in pointing out the deficiencies of the NCAA - he was a total jerk about it and acted like a big spoiled kid. However, he was probably one of the best linebackers ever (but I'm sure the steroids helped). Then the tell-all book stuff, but again the program needed to be cleaned up.

Hmm, I'm just not sure what to think but I can safely say this, there are probably about 100 other former Sooners that I'd be happier to see in person than him.

And he was just a kid.

I don't know if you've ever seen it, but there was a dvd set that was released a few years back with former OU players and coaches talking about Sooner football. During one of the segments Boz apologized for his actions and any embarrassment that he may have brought to the school. He even got a little choked up about it.

The Consumate Showman
7/19/2006, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't mind having him scribble on something for me, but I'm not willing to drive way up there. I heard he charges a lot to do events and no one in Oklahoma is willing to pay what he's asking. Maybe the school can talk him into coming back for the Fan Fest or something.

HA! That'll be the day...

now you watch. his a$$ will show up for fan fest this year

swardboy
7/19/2006, 07:00 PM
Is that near Fag Bearings?
West of FAG......south end of Main St. Take the Main St. exit off I-44 going south....Cycle Connection is almost immediately on the right. Big-a$$ building, can't miss it.

BTW, that Trigger Gum jump will be in Miami, not Joplin.

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 07:19 PM
West of FAG......south end of Main St. Take the Main St. exit off I-44 going south....Cycle Connection is almost immediately on the right. Big-a$$ building, can't miss it.

Oh, you gave a serious answer. I just wanted to work Fag Bearings into the thread. :O

swardboy
7/19/2006, 07:24 PM
I can't believe I'm "seriously" talking about a guy named "Trigger Gum."

AlbqSooner
7/19/2006, 07:41 PM
"The Boz" was a brilliant marketing scheme created by Brian Bosworth. He unfortunately took it to the logical extreme in the Orange Bowl, but who among us would like to be stuck with some of the decisions we made 3 years out of high school.

I have to relate a story about Brian Bosworth that some of you undoubtedly know. There are many regular posters here who were far too young to know anything about Brian until years later. Hence, it seems worth repeating to me.

When The Boz was center stage in the world of College Football, a man from Tulsa wrote to Brian explaining that his young son was a huge fanof The Boz and was suffering from an illness that would almost assuredly be terminal in the next few years. He asked if Brian would send an autographed picture with a note to his son.

Some time after that (few days, maybe few weeks) Brian showed up at the home in Tulsa with autographed pictures, a jersey he had worn in a game, and a football. After spending a bit of time with the family he had to get back to Norman in time to make curfew.

From that time on, Brian would call the kid from the locker room before every game. All Brian asked was that the father not tell the press or anyone else for that matter. The story leaked out after Brian left OU.

Say what you will, Brian Bosworth was, and as far as I know, is a good man.

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 07:52 PM
I can't believe I'm "seriously" talking about a guy named "Trigger Gum."

Heh.

zeke
7/19/2006, 11:05 PM
"The Boz" was a brilliant marketing scheme created by Brian Bosworth. He unfortunately took it to the logical extreme in the Orange Bowl, but who among us would like to be stuck with some of the decisions we made 3 years out of high school.

I have to relate a story about Brian Bosworth that some of you undoubtedly know. There are many regular posters here who were far too young to know anything about Brian until years later. Hence, it seems worth repeating to me.

When The Boz was center stage in the world of College Football, a man from Tulsa wrote to Brian explaining that his young son was a huge fanof The Boz and was suffering from an illness that would almost assuredly be terminal in the next few years. He asked if Brian would send an autographed picture with a note to his son.

Some time after that (few days, maybe few weeks) Brian showed up at the home in Tulsa with autographed pictures, a jersey he had worn in a game, and a football. After spending a bit of time with the family he had to get back to Norman in time to make curfew.

From that time on, Brian would call the kid from the locker room before every game. All Brian asked was that the father not tell the press or anyone else for that matter. The story leaked out after Brian left OU.

Say what you will, Brian Bosworth was, and as far as I know, is a good man.

I didnt know that. I have always liked him. He was/is smarter than folks give him credit for being.
Absolute STUD for OU

crimson&cream
7/19/2006, 11:26 PM

You should watch the Oklahoma Legends DVD as he gave a heartfelt apology for how he acted, it was quite moving. He was young and we've all done things or made decisions because of our youth that we 'd soon not be held respondsible for today. Give the guy a break.

------------------------
annoy a conserve have a heart,empathy, and some compassion.

AlbqSooner
7/20/2006, 06:30 AM
I didnt know that. I have always liked him. He was/is smarter than folks give him credit for being.
Absolute STUD for OU
He graduated in 3 years while playing big time college football. Double major of Finance and MIS, with over a 3.5.

SoonerFan80
7/20/2006, 05:31 PM
On one hand, Brian Bosworth did go a little overboard with his on and off the field antics during his playing days at OU but when it comes down to it...

1. Bosworth was never arrested

2. Bosworth graduated and earned a Bachelor's Degree in Finance

3. Bosworth was kind to his fans (the sick kid story is just an example)

4. Bosworth has sincerely and emotionally apologized for his actions as a
player that some consider "shameful" to OU

Brian Bosworth was, is and always will be a good person. It's just to bad that he'll alway be a jerk in the eyes of a lot of the public. (Not me though)

sooner94
7/20/2006, 10:48 PM
The Boz is one of the best college LB's ever. Sure, he made some mistakes when he was younger, but he apologized for them, and patched things up with The King.

And he was great in Stone Cold. I love that movie. And I think he did a few episodes of 1st and 10, that show on HBO with OJ. Boz should have kicked OJ's ***.

badger
7/20/2006, 11:06 PM
boz=supertrooper
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/the_longest_yard/_group_photos/brian_bosworth5.jpg