PDA

View Full Version : My Boss put in his notice today :(

TopDaugIn2000
7/18/2006, 10:08 PM
My boss resigned today, and I'm really bummed about it. I really liked working with/for him. He got a job he couldn't refuse, and I can't blame him. He'll be making enough that his wife won't have to work and she can stay home with their 1 yr old baby instead of sending her to daycare. I'm glad for him, but will surely miss him. I know I don't have enough experience or the right paper work (degree) for them to move me up to his position, but since I'll surely be picking up a lot of the slack hopefully I'll get something in return. I'm sure they'll look to bring in a "real" engineer to fill his place, one with more experience than I have, but I'm sure I'll get to train them with all of our products and processes. Hopefully it'll be someone I will enjoy working with as much as this one.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

AllAboutThe'O'
7/18/2006, 10:10 PM
My boss resigned today, and I'm really bummed about it. I really liked working with/for him. He got a job he couldn't refuse, and I can't blame him. He'll be making enough that his wife won't have to work and she can stay home with their 1 yr old baby instead of sending her to daycare. I'm glad for him, but will surely miss him. I know I don't have enough experience or the right paper work (degree) for them to move me up to his position, but since I'll surely be picking up a lot of the slack hopefully I'll get something in return. I'm sure they'll look to bring in a "real" engineer to fill his place, one with more experience than I have, but I'm sure I'll get to train them with all of our products and processes. Hopefully it'll be someone I will enjoy working with as much as this one.

Hopefully, in your situation, to coin a lyric from a well-known song, it'll be a case of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

OCUDad
7/18/2006, 11:14 PM
If the new boss is not so hot, is there any way to follow your old boss to his new company?

TopDaugIn2000
7/19/2006, 08:46 AM
I've mentioned that to him already. It would require a move, but I'm fine with that. I'd be a little closer to my family that way (but not TOO close)

IB4OU2
7/19/2006, 09:18 AM
I've mentioned that to him already. It would require a move, but I'm fine with that. I'd be a little closer to my family that way (but not TOO close)

Why can't you get that position?....from what Iv'e seen on here the last few years you seem very qualified and professional, at least put your name in the hat. Good Luck!

TopDaugIn2000
7/19/2006, 02:31 PM
If I could follow him to the new place, I would. And I made sure he knows that.

At my current job, I don't think they would move me up to his former position since I've only been here 9 months and I don't hold an actual Engineering degree. They will look for someone with the degree and more engineering experience. Even though I nearly run the joint as it is :P

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 02:36 PM
At my current job, I don't think they would move me up to his former position since I've only been here 9 months and I don't hold an actual Engineering degree.

Your inappropriate manner of dress certainly won't help either, you hussy.

:D

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/19/2006, 02:37 PM
TD, you paying any attention to the new manufacturing/engineering plant coming in across the street from me?

I'm sure they'll need some help when they get going...if this turns out bad for you. I've had good bosses quit - it can make things difficult. Hang in there.

http://www.albonplc.com/norman.htm

Jerk
7/19/2006, 06:28 PM
Top, you gonna tell your new boss that you're really good at tearing sh** up?

(:

(:

lefty
7/19/2006, 07:45 PM
At my current job, I don't think they would move me up to his former position since I've only been here 9 months and I don't hold an actual Engineering degree. They will look for someone with the degree and more engineering experience. Even though I nearly run the joint as it is :P

Skills and abilities are irrelevant. Apperances are what really matters. :mad:

Zbird
7/19/2006, 10:07 PM

A. Put in Application B. Polish resume in case new boss doesn't like you or views you as competitor/threat. Not options-- do both!

VeeJay
7/19/2006, 10:31 PM
If you were to sleep with him - not that you would, of course! But if you did, it would change things dramatically.

It may be a good sort of change, and it may be a horrible, unforgiveable disaster.

Never mind.

TopDaugIn2000
8/11/2006, 09:17 AM
well, today is his last day :( sad to see him go.

(but we are having a party with TONS of snacks and a german choc cake from la baguette. ya'll come on over!)

Okla-homey
8/11/2006, 09:26 AM
Look on the bright side, when the new boss arrives and stops by your cube to tell you about changes he has in mind, you can honestly reply, yeah, yeah, whatever. I've seen bosses come and I've seen 'em go. Are you finished because I have work to do?;)

TopDaugIn2000
8/11/2006, 09:28 AM
hehehehehehe
yeah, apparently before this one came they went thru SEVERAL.