http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2671154?htv=12

LEEEEEROY!!!!!

NormanPride
7/18/2006, 05:38 PM
I play on the same server as that guy.

Yes, I am a nerd.

jeremy885
7/18/2006, 07:01 PM
So is that game the 2005 version of Gauntlet?

GottaHavePride
7/18/2006, 07:26 PM
http://www.leeroyjenkins.net/leeroy-jenkins-soundboard.htm

Heh. "At least I have chicken."

Penguin
7/18/2006, 07:36 PM
I like Zuiikin English (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2731513).

Women do aerobics whilst learning English. They learn good-to-know phrases, such as "Take anything you want", "Spare me my life", "I was robbed by two men", and "I need lawyer now."

Scott D
7/18/2006, 07:46 PM
I play on the same server as that guy.

Yes, I am a nerd.

which server? so I can mock it? :)

Stoop Dawg
7/18/2006, 07:47 PM
Wow.

Stoop Dawg
7/18/2006, 07:48 PM
Carebear server, no doubt!

(I don't know what I'm talking about, but the guys at work insist on talking about it in my office...)

reevie
7/18/2006, 07:51 PM
http://www.leeroyjenkins.net/leeroy-jenkins-soundboard.htm

Heh. "At least I have chicken."

The TEAMWORK poster is so appropriate

Penguin
7/18/2006, 08:23 PM
Some people take that game a little too seriously.

Mixer!
7/18/2006, 08:39 PM
Some people take that game a little too seriously.

Word... (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7667194685876573666&q=world+of+warcraft+pvp)

Oldnslo
7/18/2006, 08:57 PM
I'M THE SCATMAN!

why would you hold a "funeral" in a combat arena? I mean, why would you hold a virtual funeral?

Viking Kitten
7/18/2006, 10:08 PM
Seems like ol' Leeroy was writing checks his body couldn't cash.

GottaHavePride
7/18/2006, 11:39 PM
Word... (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7667194685876573666&q=world+of+warcraft+pvp)

Hilarous. Almost worth buying WoW just to do crap like that. If I didn't know better, that was exactly like something my friend in Georgia would do. Which, incidentally, I just heard his parents had been arrested in India for corporate espionage, or something. Big misunderstanding from what I got of it, but hey. :pop:

soonerboomer93
7/18/2006, 11:42 PM
My understanding is that it's all justa big setup to make a funny video

Frozen Sooner
7/18/2006, 11:47 PM
It was. The guild was trying to do a sendup of other guilds who take things too seriously. Some of the spell combinations they talk about wouldn't either make sense or be possible to cast at the same time.

SicEmBaylor
7/18/2006, 11:51 PM
pfft...graphics and voice...weak...

try no graphics and typing out all of that...

http://www.medievia.com

Penguin
7/19/2006, 06:24 AM
It was. The guild was trying to do a sendup of other guilds who take things too seriously. Some of the spell combinations they talk about wouldn't either make sense or be possible to cast at the same time.

I thought it was strange that someone was able to calculate their odds of survival down to a tenth of a percent.

Stoop Dawg
7/19/2006, 11:30 AM
I thought it was strange that someone was able to calculate their odds of survival down to a tenth of a percent.

I was actually scared by that, but one of our resident WOW junkies assured me it was a joke.

SicEmBaylor
7/19/2006, 12:05 PM
I'm generally not much of a fan of RPG's. The players tend to be from the black shirt/long hair crowd. I do love playing medievia. I've thought about WoW or Everquest; which one is better?

NormanPride
7/19/2006, 12:28 PM
WoW is much better, IMO. It's kind of cartoony, and there's no point in your character's "lifespan" that gets dull. Once you max your levels, then you run all the really hard dungeons and stuff. Just like any game, it's infinitely better if you play with people you know.

Oh, and BTW the server name is "Laughing Skull".

GottaHavePride
7/19/2006, 12:44 PM
I enjoy RPGs, but I don't take them all that seriously - they're just a way to kill a lot of time. I usually try to find out what goofy crap you can get away with.

NormanPride
7/19/2006, 12:48 PM
I enjoy RPGs, but I don't take them all that seriously - they're just a way to kill a lot of time. I usually try to find out what goofy crap you can get away with.

I agree. Half the fun of WoW is goofing around with your friends. And since I've moved away from Norman, it's a nice way to kind of interact without driving down there all the time. (I still do :O )

Scott D
7/19/2006, 02:28 PM
WoW is much better, IMO. It's kind of cartoony, and there's no point in your character's "lifespan" that gets dull. Once you max your levels, then you run all the really hard dungeons and stuff. Just like any game, it's infinitely better if you play with people you know.

Oh, and BTW the server name is "Laughing Skull".

at least you aren't on a carebear... you better not play a pussidin like Frozen does ;)

NormanPride
7/19/2006, 02:47 PM
at least you aren't on a carebear... you better not play a pussidin like Frozen does ;)

Heh. I like to blow **** up, so I play a mage.

Melo
7/19/2006, 02:53 PM
EQ is better.

End. Of. Story.

NormanPride
7/19/2006, 03:04 PM
EQ is better.

End. Of. Story.

Pfft. If you like lag and balance issues.

Melo
7/19/2006, 03:31 PM
Pfft. If you like lag and balance issues.

If you have a good computer, you dont have to worry about it. :D

I play with full graphics on, and the game is absolutely beautiful. Plus, the chicks all have huge boobies. I think I actually have a picture around here somewhere...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/EQ000030.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/EQ000036.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/EQ000037.jpg

NormanPride
7/19/2006, 03:38 PM
... Plus, the chicks all have huge boobies.

... Is there something you're not telling us?

Melo
7/19/2006, 03:46 PM

Nope. ;)

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 03:52 PM

Experimentation during your first two years of college doesn't count. After that you have to pick a side. :twinkies:

tbl
7/19/2006, 04:03 PM
I like Zuiikin English (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2731513).

Women do aerobics whilst learning English. They learn good-to-know phrases, such as "Take anything you want", "Spare me my life", "I was robbed by two men", and "I need lawyer now."

Don't forget the always useful "Let me off, at the nettix corner".

Scott D
7/19/2006, 04:38 PM
EQ is better.

End. Of. Story.

what did I tell you SicEm.

Vaevictis
7/19/2006, 05:02 PM
pfft...graphics and voice...weak...

try no graphics and typing out all of that...

http://www.medievia.com

Hmm, you ever play Moongate (aka Materia Magica)?

Widescreen
7/19/2006, 07:38 PM
Those poor mourners.

Mixer!
7/19/2006, 09:11 PM
Ring the bell, school's back in! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcWXL8jpFGs)

SicEmBaylor
7/19/2006, 09:23 PM
Hmm, you ever play Moongate (aka Materia Magica)?
Nope, just Med.

And Scott, you were totally right about her ;).

Melo
7/19/2006, 09:54 PM
Nope, just Med.

And Scott, you were totally right about her ;).

WHAT?!

What did he say about me? :mad:

OCUDad
7/19/2006, 09:55 PM
WHAT?!

What did he say about me? :mad:So young. So sweet. So innocent. Such a nerd. :D

Melo
7/19/2006, 09:56 PM
So young. So sweet. So innocent. Such a nerd. :D

I prefer geek, please.

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 10:18 PM
I prefer geek, please.

Geeks and nerds are both dorks, but at least nerds are smart.

nerd > geek

Melo
7/19/2006, 10:31 PM
Geeks and nerds are both dorks, but at least nerds are smart.

nerd > geek

Havent you seen the commercials? Geeks get it done.

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 10:45 PM
Havent you seen the commercials? Geeks get it done.

They're just overcompensating for their insecurity at being a few rungs down on the social ladder of dorkdom.

Melo
7/19/2006, 10:46 PM
Yep. And you have ALL the room in the world to talk... :rolleyes:

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 10:49 PM
Yep. And you have ALL the room in the world to talk... :rolleyes:

nerd > geek > goober > doofus > spaz

It's a fact. :cool:

GottaHavePride
7/19/2006, 11:39 PM
Oh yeah. You totally don't want to be a spaz.

Melo
7/20/2006, 12:02 AM
nerd > geek > goober > doofus > spaz

It's a fact. :cool:

Alright. Apparently I just need to give up and let the old folks keep thinking in their old, traditional ways.

Us younger folks will rearrange what we see fit.

Sooner_Bob
7/20/2006, 12:11 AM
If you think WoW is weird . . . this whole CyberNations and NationStates stuff is as bad if not worse.

Frozen Sooner
7/20/2006, 12:25 AM
(ahem)

I no longer play WoW. Got really tired of the bull**** involved.

Sorry, some people may have the kind of time needed to play that game at higher levels, but my idea of a fun Tuesday doesn't include rushing home from work so that I can make a 5:15 instance run, sitting around for an hour to two hours so the run can get organized, going through for a few hours until the main healer decides that they need to go take care of the kid they've been ignoring all day, and watching the whole thing fall apart right before you fight the boss that drops the gear you needed in the first place.

That, or once you've killed the boss, someone wants to roll on a piece of gear that's completely inappropriate-like the time I lost part of the lightforge set to a Warrior who whined and puled until we let him need roll it because "I can use Lightforge! Warriors can use Lightforge! It's not just paladin armor!"

Feh.

For me to go back to WoW they need to seriously fix the loot system. Make it POSSIBLE for solo players to get decent loot so that if they DO want to go on a raid on a weekend or something they're not completely boned. I mean sure, make it hard. Set up single-player instances or something so a player can't just get his level 60 buddy to run through with him and clean the place out. But damn it, make it POSSIBLE for a solo person to get epic items.

Rant over.

I've got a rant ready for CoH and minmaxers as well.

starclassic tama
7/20/2006, 01:04 AM
black shirt/long hair crowd.

as opposed to the males who drive vw bugs crowd?

Melo
7/20/2006, 01:08 AM
as opposed to the males who drive vw bugs crowd?

OOOoooooooh!

SicEm was pwnd by a drummer who can't capitalize anything! :eek:

:D

GottaHavePride
7/20/2006, 01:19 AM
(ahem)

Wow. Sounds like you got Leeeeeroy Jaaaankins-ed a few times. :D

Frozen Sooner
7/20/2006, 02:04 AM
Heh. No, actually, I was much more prone to BE Leroy Jenkins. Which led to further frustration. Who the hell wants to sit around discussing your plan of attack for 20 minutes? So you team wipe a couple times. Who the hell cares?

SicEmBaylor
7/20/2006, 02:10 AM
Heh. No, actually, I was much more prone to BE Leroy Jenkins. Which led to further frustration. Who the hell wants to sit around discussing your plan of attack for 20 minutes? So you team wipe a couple times. Who the hell cares?

This is somewhat easier in med in that everyone attacks in a linked "group" and as a single entity. The only real "plan" is figuring out who is going to stay in the back rows to heal, who's gonna cast, etc. Otherwise, I can't imagine working out an attack in something like a graphical game. Maddening. The same trading problem exists though; you need a big group and if 1-2 peopel drop out then the trade run is doomed and that usually costs big bucks.

I dont' take it seriously at all though. I was a clan co-leader for a while but stopped playing for about 5 months. I'll go out and do something once or twice when I log on and the rest of the time I just piddle around as sort of a mascot/jester type. :D

Frozen Sooner
7/20/2006, 02:28 AM
Honestly, it wasn't THAT complicated. Just some people were perfectionists and they'd ruin everyone else's good time. I'm of the mindset that it's OK for a couple of people to die in an attack so long as you have a couple of rezzers in your party. It's an ADVENTURE game, and adventure is supposed to involve a little risk.

Anytime I was ever the leader on an instance run, sure-we'd get a couple of people killed. You know what? Everyone had FUN, except for the sulky mcsulkertons who just couldn't bear the thought of their collection of pixels getting killed even temporarily. We'd even get some team wipes-but BFD, man. As long as everyone kept a good attitude about it it wasn't a problem.

However, once I got to level 60, all that stopped. Everyone got deadly serious about making sure you never died and every run was done the "right" way. Doing runs the "right" way or even the thought that there IS a right way is so antithetical to the way an MMORPG should work that it's downright annoying.

I'm also a big believer that giving players technical stats is one of the worst things an MMORPG can do, because it inevitably leads to min/maxing. Once you get min/maxers, you destroy the variety that you need for an MMORPG to stay fun. Take CoH-it's gotten to the point (at least it had a year ago) that if you didn't have the PERFECT build for your character, you were gimped and were pretty much useless.

So, Froze, what's the fix? How do we make games fun and eliminate min/maxers?

Here's how:

Eliminate players' ability to discern statistics. Don't EVER reveal damage done or damage mitigated. Don't reveal armor percentages. Nothing. Let the player figure out what's relatively better than something else. If you were out in the real world, you wouldn't have any idea what did more actual damage between an axe and a longsword each time you swung them without some sort of experience. I mean, you could guess based on the relative weight and sharpness of each, but that's it.

For games like CoH, make relative power strengths variable. Say two players pick Psionic Scream as a power-but one has it at a 25% boost over normal, while one is -10% from normal. This encourages different play styles for each different character instead of millions of cookiecutters doing the same damn thing over and over.

Now that I'm irretrievably a complete dork, does anyone want to get me would up about comics?

soonerboomer93
7/20/2006, 02:44 AM
Honestly, it wasn't THAT complicated. Just some people were perfectionists and they'd ruin everyone else's good time. I'm of the mindset that it's OK for a couple of people to die in an attack so long as you have a couple of rezzers in your party. It's an ADVENTURE game, and adventure is supposed to involve a little risk.

Anytime I was ever the leader on an instance run, sure-we'd get a couple of people killed. You know what? Everyone had FUN, except for the sulky mcsulkertons who just couldn't bear the thought of their collection of pixels getting killed even temporarily. We'd even get some team wipes-but BFD, man. As long as everyone kept a good attitude about it it wasn't a problem.

However, once I got to level 60, all that stopped. Everyone got deadly serious about making sure you never died and every run was done the "right" way. Doing runs the "right" way or even the thought that there IS a right way is so antithetical to the way an MMORPG should work that it's downright annoying.

I'm also a big believer that giving players technical stats is one of the worst things an MMORPG can do, because it inevitably leads to min/maxing. Once you get min/maxers, you destroy the variety that you need for an MMORPG to stay fun. Take CoH-it's gotten to the point (at least it had a year ago) that if you didn't have the PERFECT build for your character, you were gimped and were pretty much useless.

So, Froze, what's the fix? How do we make games fun and eliminate min/maxers?

Here's how:

Eliminate players' ability to discern statistics. Don't EVER reveal damage done or damage mitigated. Don't reveal armor percentages. Nothing. Let the player figure out what's relatively better than something else. If you were out in the real world, you wouldn't have any idea what did more actual damage between an axe and a longsword each time you swung them without some sort of experience. I mean, you could guess based on the relative weight and sharpness of each, but that's it.

For games like CoH, make relative power strengths variable. Say two players pick Psionic Scream as a power-but one has it at a 25% boost over normal, while one is -10% from normal. This encourages different play styles for each different character instead of millions of cookiecutters doing the same damn thing over and over.

Now that I'm irretrievably a complete dork, does anyone want to get me would up about comics?

actually, making the statistics available makes the game easier to play accross the board. But min/maxers are to a degree dead in COH/V since enhancement diversification. Min/max is a choice, period. No one forces it and if they do, then ignore the ****ers. And I don't have to wait around and waste time on instanced missions, I dont even run hami anymore. Haven't for months, I laugh at the raiders in fact.

Oh yeah, and I can play solo.

Scott D
7/20/2006, 04:49 AM
(ahem)

Sorry, some people may have the kind of time needed to play that game at higher levels, but my idea of a fun Tuesday doesn't include rushing home from work so that I can make a 5:15 instance run, sitting around for an hour to two hours so the run can get organized, going through for a few hours until the main healer decides that they need to go take care of the kid they've been ignoring all day, and watching the whole thing fall apart right before you fight the boss that drops the gear you needed in the first place.

That, or once you've killed the boss, someone wants to roll on a piece of gear that's completely inappropriate-like the time I lost part of the lightforge set to a Warrior who whined and puled until we let him need roll it because "I can use Lightforge! Warriors can use Lightforge! It's not just paladin armor!"

Feh.

For me to go back to WoW they need to seriously fix the loot system. Make it POSSIBLE for solo players to get decent loot so that if they DO want to go on a raid on a weekend or something they're not completely boned. I mean sure, make it hard. Set up single-player instances or something so a player can't just get his level 60 buddy to run through with him and clean the place out. But damn it, make it POSSIBLE for a solo person to get epic items.

Rant over.

That's what Pee Vee Pee Battlegrounds are for. Grind the rep, get exalted or in your case up to Marshall/Field Marshall/Grand Marshall status, and you can get some pretty good gear.

I went months without instancing just to do basically battlegrounds only 'peeking out' of the BG's for some occasional farming to keep my money at a decent level to continue to buy my arrows.

Hunter so far has maxed out at 89% into PVP Rank 9 (Centurion) and just in the past few weeks I've joined a guild, so running raid instances has severely cut into my pvp time.

p.s. I told you being alli sucked *** :)

Frozen Sooner
7/20/2006, 10:24 AM
Scott, the problem with PvP is that I end up getting ganked by people with better gear that've been running instance after instance. I mean, my gear isn't TRASH-most of it's blue. But when you're level 60 anymore, everyone's got purples.

93, I may hop back on CoH and check out the enhancement diversification. CoH did a much better job of being solo-friendly than WoW did. I thought the loot system was better, as well. The min/maxing just drove me crazy. If that's not a problem anymore, I'll hop on this weekend.

Scott D
7/20/2006, 10:29 AM
Scott, the problem with PvP is that I end up getting ganked by people with better gear that've been running instance after instance. I mean, my gear isn't TRASH-most of it's blue. But when you're level 60 anymore, everyone's got purples.

93, I may hop back on CoH and check out the enhancement diversification. CoH did a much better job of being solo-friendly than WoW did. I thought the loot system was better, as well. The min/maxing just drove me crazy. If that's not a problem anymore, I'll hop on this weekend.

it's not when they have purples that should bother you, it's when they've got purples and oranges. Those of us with blues and purples don't fear much of anyone :D

In seriousness, it seems to depend where you play..and with paid server transfers you can pretty much look for what you want. Although with the next major patch it'll be interesting with the introduction of X-server BG's.

NormanPride
7/20/2006, 10:43 AM
it's not when they have purples that should bother you, it's when they've got purples and oranges. Those of us with blues and purples don't fear much of anyone :D

In seriousness, it seems to depend where you play..and with paid server transfers you can pretty much look for what you want. Although with the next major patch it'll be interesting with the introduction of X-server BG's.

I'm curious about the X-server stuff. It sounds like a good idea since half the time you're just waiting for a bg to fill up.

I really like re-rolling. Creating a new persona and trying new things with a class is a ton of fun for me.

Scott D
7/20/2006, 10:49 AM
I'm curious about the X-server stuff. It sounds like a good idea since half the time you're just waiting for a bg to fill up.

I really like re-rolling. Creating a new persona and trying new things with a class is a ton of fun for me.

yeah the X-server stuff intrigues me. I've got a lvl 60 toon on 3 different servers, and two of them are in the same group list, and both toons are opposite faction :)

Stoop Dawg
7/20/2006, 01:41 PM
(ahem)

Feh.

Rant over.

Ever check out Guild Wars? There is no "uber gear", every armor/weapon/item has strenghts - and weaknesses. And some weapons are great against one foe, and worthless against another (both in PvP and PvE).

There is still ample "waiting around for a party" time, though.

soonerboomer93
7/20/2006, 01:45 PM

double exp this weekend. I'm on CoV mainly, don't play too much, but I mainly solo

GDC
7/20/2006, 02:16 PM
I kind of liked the Japanese tight *** clip.

GottaHavePride
7/20/2006, 02:44 PM
Ring the bell, school's back in! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcWXL8jpFGs)

this still cracks me up.

Frozen Sooner
7/20/2006, 08:14 PM
All right, damn it. I'm reinstalling CoH right now. If it's cool again, I'll go buy CoV.

Boffingham
7/20/2006, 08:18 PM
You know we give all fighter pilots callsigns. We named a dude Leroy because he always rages and does his own thing...runs out of missiles all of the time. When I listened to everybody's tapes today, I heard "Dammit Leroy" at least a dozen times.

Vaevictis
7/20/2006, 08:18 PM
I used to play MMORPGs. Until I realized that if I had worked those hours instead of playing them, I'd be about six figures richer.

SicEmBaylor
7/13/2007, 11:07 PM
So, SicEmEx's fiance got her into playing WOW big time and she talked me into giving it a shot. I bought the game tonight (it's installing as we speak), so I thought I'd atl east give the 10 day trial a shot.

Scott D
7/13/2007, 11:17 PM
this should be amusing

boomersooner28
7/14/2007, 05:13 AM
A little off the subject, but you know the wife and I had a great relationship with this couple, we were all best friends and then this game came out, and we haven't seen them since. So, IMO, W of W sux ballz.

Mixer!
7/14/2007, 02:49 PM
:les: SIC-EMMMMMMMMM...JENNNNNNNNNN-KIINNNNNNNSSSSSS!!!!

SoonerStormchaser
7/14/2007, 03:44 PM
Oh man...that video is a case study for us at Officer Training School...

It's still funny.

rufnek05
7/14/2007, 03:49 PM
i'm not an artard.

http://allsp.com/

SicEmBaylor
7/19/2007, 01:09 AM
Okay, this game is freaking addictive. I like...very much.

soonerboomer93
7/19/2007, 03:33 AM
yup, there's another reason for me to stay away from WoW

:D

heck, i only play CoV/H every couple weeks as it stands...

SicEmBaylor
7/19/2007, 04:10 AM
I uesd to play a game sort of like this called Medievia. I still log on every now and then and BS around, but it's an all text online game. It's weird having graphics and such.

soonerboomer93
7/19/2007, 05:50 AM
heh, i used to pen and paper

heck, when i'm in the states i'll go play MtG with some friends of mine..

JohnnyMack
7/19/2007, 07:39 AM
CS:S and DoD when I have time. Which is never.

stoopified
7/19/2007, 08:55 AM
Well thats 2 minutes of my life that I am never getting back.

soonerscuba
7/19/2007, 09:54 AM
Yeah, only faggles play WoW, man up and go get CS.