PDA

View Full Version : Last season was missing one of life's greatest pleasures...

MRNOTDUCKS
7/18/2006, 04:16 PM
...A longhorns loss.

Here's hoping the horns get their season started on the right foot.

Saturday, Sept. 9, Austin, TX, 8:00 p.m.

Ohio State 35
Texas 7

Gig 'em

NormanPride
7/18/2006, 04:19 PM
aggy...

Herr Scholz
7/18/2006, 04:29 PM
A Longhorn loss is literally more precious to aggy than a win by their own team. You Sooners know how it is.

MRNOTDUCKS
7/18/2006, 04:30 PM
I realize that Sooners are in a different echelon, and it would be uncooth to agree with me publically about these things. That's OK, I know you are agreeing with me silently.

When you are projected at the bottom of the Big XII by a number of people on this site, you don't have to worry about social graces. You just say what is on your mind.

Harry Beanbag
7/18/2006, 05:38 PM
I'm not afraid to say I hope the whorns lose every game until the end of time.

Snrfn4ever08
7/18/2006, 05:52 PM
I realize that Sooners are in a different echelon, and it would be uncooth to agree with me publically about these things. That's OK, I know you are agreeing with me silently.

When you are projected at the bottom of the Big XII by a number of people on this site, you don't have to worry about social graces. You just say what is on your mind.
trust me, no we're not. we hope texas loses because we hate texas, not because we're agreeing with you

7/18/2006, 05:59 PM
Are we talking fans or players?

7/18/2006, 06:00 PM
'Cause fans are even bigger idiots than the most challenged player.

goingoneight
7/18/2006, 08:27 PM
Unless they're making a run at catching us in something, I don't care what they do until Cotton Bowl time.

badger
7/18/2006, 11:55 PM
A Longhorn loss is literally more precious to aggy than a win by their own team. You Sooners know how it is.

it all depends on the season. you winning your games makes a loss to OU make us look better! So please, go 12-1 for your season. Just make sure that one loss is against the Sooners, and all shall be fair in hate and war.

ps: texas sucks :)

XingTheRubicon
7/19/2006, 12:15 AM
it all depends on the season. you winning your games makes a loss to OU make us look better! So please, go 1-12 for your season. Just make sure that one loss is against the Sooners, and all shall be fair in hate and war.

fixed

goingoneight
7/19/2006, 09:43 PM
it all depends on the season. you winning your games makes a loss to OU make us look better! So please, go 12-1 for your season. Just make sure that one loss is against the Sooners, and all shall be fair in hate and war.

I dunno about that. A winning season with a definite loss to OU is always good... But every now and then you want to see a bowl game loss or a shocker like last season when Gumby almost beat Texas in the Stool. I found myself nearly choking I laughed so hard when I heard the first half score. I was in aa nice restaurant, too! Apparently clapping brings good luck to Hook 'em 's though, since they pulled their heads out too soon.

Texas Golfer
7/20/2006, 09:49 AM
Unless they're making a run at catching us in something, I don't care what they do until Cotton Bowl time.

Ditto.

Statalyzer
7/20/2006, 12:25 PM
Aggy is talking about Texas losing on a Oklahoma board? Aggy should avoid all forms of smack talk to either team.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Statalyzer/mercysoonergame.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Statalyzer/ced-flex.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Statalyzer/aggy.jpg

RedstickSooner
7/21/2006, 07:22 PM
Seeing Tejas lose is not one of life's greatest pleasures.

Beating Tejas is.

There are only a couple reasons I watch any Tejas games other than the RRS:

1) We have a bye week, and there aren't any good games on (this hasn't happened yet -- I mean, we've had bye weeks, but of the cruddy games on, Tejas hasn't been the most interesting)

2) They're in a great matchup of significance (Rose Bowl last year, last year's Ohio State game, although I think I may have only watched part of the Ohio State game)

Yeah, they're a rival, yeah, I hope their kittens drown -- but I don't give them a whole heck of a lot of thought when we're not playing. Really the only reason I think about Texas much is because a lot of Sooners bring 'em up every chance they get -- and we have some Horns that hang out here. (Although, ironically enough, a lot of those horns don't bring up their team as often as some of my fellow Sooners do).