PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Stupid Oakley Wearer Sighting

Tear Down This Wall
7/18/2006, 03:58 PM
I rode up the elevator today with a 20something puke who was wearing his Oakleys upside down on the back of his head. Maybe there's something in the water here. Normally, I just see morons walking around with their Oakley hanging off the back of their shirt. This guy didn't get the memo. Perhaps he's trying to be moron to end all morons.

NormanPride
7/18/2006, 04:01 PM
It's those baggy pants, I tells ya. They don't give enough support to the body, which makes the brain do stupid things.

OUstudent4life
7/18/2006, 04:12 PM
Were they the Oakley's with the headphones connected?

I didn't think anyone would buy those until a sighting here at OUHSC.

sooner n houston
7/18/2006, 04:15 PM
I rode up the elevator today with a 20something puke who was wearing his Oakleys upside down on the back of his head. Maybe there's something in the water here. Normally, I just see morons walking around with their Oakley hanging off the back of their shirt. This guy didn't get the memo. Perhaps he's trying to be moron to end all morons.

I think my son out in California invented that! :D

On a related note, my son in Tulsa who works at Oakley, told me he could get five pairs of Oakley sunglasses for around $40 each, they cost $180 each retail . So I tell him to go ahead and get them because his brother from Ca. and his fiancee are comming to Houston and I will give them each a pair. So I give my son and his fiancee each a pair of Oakley's. I gave a pair to my wife and a pair to my 14 Y/O son as well.
Well the finacee leaves hers on the kitchen table. Did I mention that we have a year old german shepard pup? Well said pup proceeds to chew her new glasses to pieces. Even the lenses are damaged beyond hope. So I give her the last pair, which I had planned on keeping for myself. What does she do? She leaves them on the kitchen table! Yep, pup found them too! :eek:

NormanPride
7/18/2006, 04:18 PM
I think my son out in California invented that! :D

On a related note, my son in Tulsa who works at Oakley, told me he could get five pairs of Oakley sunglasses for around $40 each, they cost $180 each retail . So I tell him to go ahead and get them because his brother from Ca. and his fiancee are comming to Houston and I will give them each a pair. So I give my son and his fiancee each a pair of Oakley's. I gave a pair to my wife and a pair to my 14 Y/O son as well.
Well the finacee leaves hers on the kitchen table. Did I mention that we have a year old german shepard pup? Well said pup proceeds to chew her new glasses to pieces. Even the lenses are damaged beyond hope. So I give her the last pair, which I had planned on keeping for myself. What does she do? She leaves them on the kitchen table! Yep, pup found them too! :eek:

Man, that ticks me off. I can't stand people that don't respect gifts. And to do it again... ugh. Is she still a fiancee?

achiro
7/18/2006, 04:24 PM
I guess I missed an earlier conversation on this? What's the aversion to hanging sunglasses on the back of your shirt? I don't do it myself but do see the convience of not having to hold the glasses in your hand when you aren't wearing them.

IronSooner
7/18/2006, 04:38 PM
I always thought of that as a little ghey, but that's just me.

Oakleys go upside down and sit on the bill of your hat. absent that I guess you're holding them. Anything on the back of your head looks retarded, period.

mdklatt
7/18/2006, 04:46 PM
I guess I missed an earlier conversation on this? What's the aversion to hanging sunglasses on the back of your shirt?

Why not the front of your shirt like a normal person?

achiro
7/18/2006, 05:33 PM
Why not the front of your shirt like a normal person?
Maybe they don't want to enhance their cleavage?

StoopTroup
7/18/2006, 07:18 PM
Sometimes the glasses slip off the top of my head and fall backwards to the back of my head. I'm always glad when that happens instead of them ending up on the floor. If they hit the floor the dog might chew them up.

Sooner in Tampa
7/19/2006, 05:36 AM
Damn people...buy some croakies.

Tear Down This Wall
7/19/2006, 10:12 AM
I guess I missed an earlier conversation on this?

Yes. It was a threadjack of something else. Basically, it came down to Oakley people seemingly needing an instruction manual for their sunglasses.

List of Oakleyism:
(1) Hanging on the back of the shirt
(2) Upside down on the brim of a ballcap
(3) Upside down on the back of the head
(4) On the top of the head, pointing straight up

It appears to be physically impossible for an Oakley owner to simple take the Oakleys off his head (I say "his" because I've never seen a woman wearing Oakleys in strange places) when he's not using them and simply hang them from the front of his shirt like every other sunglass wearer in the known universe does.

Mixer!
7/19/2006, 12:16 PM
It appears to be physically impossible for an Oakley owner to simple take the Oakleys off his head (I say "his" because I've never seen a woman wearing Oakleys in strange places) when he's not using them and simply hang them from the front of his shirt like every other sunglass wearer in the known universe does.

Except you can't hang a Pro M frame from the front of your shirt.

Just sayin'. :O

1stTimeCaller
7/19/2006, 12:18 PM
Sometimes I put my sun glasses on my weenis. It kinda looks like Groucho Marx when I do that.

Is that cool or is that a no-no.

Petro-Sooner
7/19/2006, 12:20 PM
So Its not acceptable to wear them on top of your head while indoors?

White House Boy
7/19/2006, 12:22 PM
Sometimes I put my sun glasses on my weenis. It kinda looks like Groucho Marx when I do that.

Depends. What's a weenis?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/19/2006, 12:25 PM
http://www.theprosstuff.com/eyewear/tb_3016%20oakley%20over%20the%20top%20glases%20big .jpg
I wear these as a chest protector.

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 12:29 PM

Only if you're wearing jeans and flip-flops.

Sooner in Tampa
7/19/2006, 12:40 PM
Only if you're wearing a thong and flip-flops.:eek:

Tear Down This Wall
7/19/2006, 12:49 PM

No, no. I don't mean up at an angle. That's normal. I'm talking up to a point beyond that where the Oakleys are pointed straight up, in the middle of the skull.

It's a weird look, believe. Experiment with it. Take your sunglasses over the mirror, put them on the very top of your skull, glasses up to the sky. It's a strange look.

Tear Down This Wall
7/19/2006, 12:50 PM

In the comfort of your own home, with someone you love most...sure, go ahead. :D

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 12:52 PM
In the comfort of your own home, with someone you love most...sure, go ahead. :D

TDTW is such a bastard for reminding 1TC that he's got nobody.

1stTimeCaller
7/19/2006, 12:55 PM
TDTW is such a bastard for reminding 1TC that he's got nobody.

not. so. fast.

http://images.snapfish.com/344%3C%3B53523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2358%3D72%3C%3D%3C 99%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B7%3B477782ot1lsi

mdklatt
7/19/2006, 12:57 PM
not. so. fast.

I bet that dog's been trained to develop a taste for peanut butter.

1stTimeCaller
7/19/2006, 12:58 PM
I bet that dog's been trained to develop a taste for peanut butter.

you can't really tell but in that picture she's trying to get the PB off of the roof of her mouth.