royalfan5
7/18/2006, 01:52 PM
Are they any good?

colleyvillesooner
7/18/2006, 01:52 PM
Yes. The cole slaw is good and their Cane's sauce is pretty good. 4/5

slickdawg
7/18/2006, 01:56 PM
It's some of the finest chicken tenders you will EVAR eat.

I give them a 9.7 on the 10 point scale.

PrideTrombone
7/18/2006, 02:00 PM
The Cane's sauce is amazing, as is the toast.

tbl
7/18/2006, 02:00 PM
My BIL from West Monroe, LA says it's awesome...

jk the sooner fan
7/18/2006, 02:01 PM
they are greatness.........love that place

slickdawg
7/18/2006, 02:05 PM
The Cane's sauce is amazing, as is the toast.

Yes, the toast is very good, as are the fries and the CHICKEN!

royalfan5
7/18/2006, 02:08 PM
I'll have to check it out for supper this week then.

NormanPride
7/18/2006, 02:19 PM
Fries - good
Slaw - good
Toast - good

Chicken - tasteless and rubbery.

I only went there once, and that's what I got. Just thought I'd give my honest opinion to contrast the other honest opinions on here. :D

Partial Qualifier
7/18/2006, 02:20 PM
My BIL from West Monroe, LA says it's awesome...

Dude I've got lotsa family in Monroe. We're probably related.

swardboy
7/18/2006, 02:34 PM
Never been to one of these...so it's bizarre hearing you all go on and on about the "toast".....

Penguin
7/18/2006, 02:42 PM
It's OK. I wouldn't go out of my way to get it.

My folks in Baton Rouge are just nuts about that place. I think my sister eats there once a week.

etouffee
7/18/2006, 02:47 PM
it's very good for what it is: chicken fingers, fries, slaw, & texass toast. it's still fast food, though, so don't expect Emiril's or anything.

given the choice, i'd go there before any other fast food chicken joint.

unless i was cravin' me some popeye's red beans. which i frequently am. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/bushtit/smilies/fart-1.gif

Jimminy Crimson
7/18/2006, 03:29 PM
amazin' canes!

their sweet tea pwns, btw. better than mcalisters, even.

its usually the first place i stop at on my way back to nompton.

GottaHavePride
7/18/2006, 04:03 PM
Yess, the sweet tea is awesome. I did overhear one of our football players complaining that there's no seasoning on the chicken, and that he didn't think a six-piece combo meal would be enough food. That said, I think the chicken at Popeye's has better flavor, but it's cooked better at Cain's.

etouffee
7/18/2006, 04:15 PM
They don't season it much at Cane's because most people drown it in Cane's Sauce.

1stTimeCaller
7/18/2006, 04:25 PM
I've never heard of the place so I'm gonna say that it sucks.

YWIA

Boomer.....
7/19/2006, 11:13 AM
Caines is very good eatin'. :texan:

royalfan5
7/21/2006, 06:15 PM
I just tried it, and color me unimpressed. The food was bland even by Nebraska standards. I'll stick with Runza.

Mrs. Norm
7/21/2006, 07:22 PM
Norm likes it. Therefore, it will be shut down at anytime.

GottaHavePride
7/21/2006, 07:43 PM
Argh! I bet he really liked Popeye's, didn't he?

Mrs. Norm
7/21/2006, 08:00 PM
Argh! I bet he really liked Popeye's, didn't he?

I don't think he has ever eaten there before.

GottaHavePride
7/21/2006, 08:27 PM
Oh. It closed after only a couple of years, I figured it must have been one of his favorites. It was on Lindsey where Chicken Express is now.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 08:28 PM
runza does have good fries

but their chicken fingers arent near as good as raisin canes

royalfan5
7/21/2006, 09:26 PM
runza does have good fries

but their chicken fingers arent near as good as raisin canes
I don't go to Runza for the chicken fingers, A runza or their burgers or chicken sandwhiches>chicken fingers Also, Runza's onion ring dip with fries pwns.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 09:50 PM
their burgers arent bad.......i'll probably have one next weekend when i'm in NE

royalfan5
7/21/2006, 09:54 PM
their burgers arent bad.......i'll probably have one next weekend when i'm in NE
make sure you put Dorthoy Lynch on something while you're up here too.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 09:54 PM
i've got 3 days in Grand Island, i doubt i'll have time for dorothy lynch

whatever that is

royalfan5
7/21/2006, 09:57 PM
i've got 3 days in Grand Island, i doubt i'll have time for dorothy lynch

whatever that is
It's a salad dressing. Nebraskan's put it on everything. If you eat a home cooked meal at any point it will be available.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 09:58 PM
my wife - the husker - puts ranch on her messican food - she misses "amigos"

which i think sucks

royalfan5
7/21/2006, 10:00 PM
my wife - the husker - puts ranch on her messican food - she misses "amigos"

which i think sucks
Amigos does suck, except when your drunk, then Mexi Fry Nachos are the best thing in the world. It's just that Nebraskan's bodies have adjusted to Amigos so we can eat it, but other people can't. It's like the water in a third world country.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 10:01 PM
valentinos is also on our "must do" list

royalfan5
7/21/2006, 10:02 PM
valentinos is also on our "must do" list
make sure you get the garlic rolls. They are the best thing Val's does outside of cheeseburger pizza and lasgna.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 10:04 PM
i've been there before, had it at one of the games in lincoln

i'm just not sold on it......its not bad, but its not my favorite pizza either

royalfan5
7/21/2006, 10:08 PM
i've been there before, had it at one of the games in lincoln

i'm just not sold on it......its not bad, but its not my favorite pizza either
FWIW, I rarely eat their pizza, it's vastly overrated(except for the Cheeseburger). Usually only lasgna and garlic rolls. However, Val's is head and shoulders above the other Nebraska founded pizza chain, Godfather's.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 10:09 PM
man, i hate that you said that

i love godfathers...

royalfan5
7/21/2006, 10:14 PM
man, i hate that you said that

i love godfathers...
Why? It's great for a cheap buffet but it's just greased soaked carboard otherwise. I suppose that you never had to eat Godfather's that they sold through small town bars that was just brutal. That kind of soured me on Godfather's. A bit of trivia though, Godfather's was founded to launder money for a big Omaha coke dealer.

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 10:17 PM
i only knew what i ate at the godfathers in OKC and later in texas....it wasnt as you describe

royalfan5
7/21/2006, 10:18 PM
i only knew what i ate at the godfathers in OKC and later in texas....it wasnt as you describe
It figures that it would be better away from Nebraska.

GottaHavePride
7/22/2006, 12:02 AM
Well yeah. Places other than Nebraska they actually had to rely on the pizza to make money. In Nebraska the pizza was just a cover-up for the coke money. ;)

proud gonzo
7/22/2006, 01:23 AM
i think cane's is tasty

royalfan5
7/22/2006, 09:42 AM
Well yeah. Places other than Nebraska they actually had to rely on the pizza to make money. In Nebraska the pizza was just a cover-up for the coke money. ;)
Or the rest of your pizza is so terrible Godfather's seems great by comparison.

slickdawg
7/22/2006, 03:49 PM
Cane's is open to 1AM on weekends down here. That's handy, especially
when your flight arrives at midnight.

GottaHavePride
7/22/2006, 04:22 PM
Or the rest of your pizza is so terrible Godfather's seems great by comparison.

I never said Godfather's was great. It's just not terrible down this direction. At least they weren't before they all closed.

etouffee
7/22/2006, 04:22 PM
Cane's is open to 1AM on weekends down here. That's inconvenient, especially
when the strip joints close at 2.
Yep.

KyleUT
7/22/2006, 05:40 PM
Does this place use a dog in their advertising? I think they're building one just up Westheimer from me. i'll have to check it out.

GottaHavePride
7/22/2006, 08:08 PM
Yeah, it was named after the guy's dog, supposedly.

etouffee
7/22/2006, 08:42 PM
Yeah, it was named after the guy's dog, supposedly.Yes, it was named after the dog. Now he has another one named Cane 2 or some dumb sh1t like that.

GDC
7/22/2006, 08:44 PM
Wish we had a Pollo Loco.

etouffee
7/22/2006, 08:53 PM
the one in baton rouge closed down. i never even tried it.

slickdawg
7/22/2006, 09:14 PM
Yes, it was named after the dog. Now he has another one named Cane 2 or some dumb sh1t like that.

The two is for how many millions of dollars in cash he has in the bank.

:eek:

etouffee
7/22/2006, 09:30 PM
i'm sure it's quite a bit more than that by now.

slickdawg
7/22/2006, 10:09 PM
i'm sure it's quite a bit more than that by now.

It's gotta be way more than that now - they are growing insanely fast
and business is exceptionally good at all of their locations.

Norm In Norman
7/22/2006, 11:18 PM
Oh. It closed after only a couple of years, I figured it must have been one of his favorites. It was on Lindsey where Chicken Express is now.
Nah - I hated that place.

Norm In Norman
7/22/2006, 11:29 PM
Ok, I liked Raising Cane's the first 4 or 5 times I went there. The last 2 times though the chicken has been too dry and I'm sort of tired of the sauce or something because I didn't care for it. I don't like coleslaw, so I get double toast which is actually too much toast. I don't think I'm going back.

Speaking of Nebraska, have you Nebraska people ever had a Tastee (Tasty? Tastie?). They are a loose meat type sandwich with mustard and pickles. My parents lived in South Texas for a while and lived next door to some guy who used to be a reporter or something in Lincoln (I think) and he gave me the recipe for tastee's. Evidently he did a story or something on the place that serves those and the owner became friends with him and gave him the recipe. He said that that place was a quite popular place before it closed down. I always ask Nebraska people if they've had them but nobody seems to have, so maybe the dude was lying.

If anyone wants the recipe, I can post it. it's good stuff. The original recipe I used calls for like 5 pounds of hamburger or something.

sanantoniosooner
7/22/2006, 11:35 PM
Wish we had a Pollo Loco.
come visit.

They're all over.

royalfan5
7/22/2006, 11:46 PM
Ok, I liked Raising Cane's the first 4 or 5 times I went there. The last 2 times though the chicken has been too dry and I'm sort of tired of the sauce or something because I didn't care for it. I don't like coleslaw, so I get double toast which is actually too much toast. I don't think I'm going back.

Speaking of Nebraska, have you Nebraska people ever had a Tastee (Tasty? Tastie?). They are a loose meat type sandwich with mustard and pickles. My parents lived in South Texas for a while and lived next door to some guy who used to be a reporter or something in Lincoln (I think) and he gave me the recipe for tastee's. Evidently he did a story or something on the place that serves those and the owner became friends with him and gave him the recipe. He said that that place was a quite popular place before it closed down. I always ask Nebraska people if they've had them but nobody seems to have, so maybe the dude was lying.

If anyone wants the recipe, I can post it. it's good stuff. The original recipe I used calls for like 5 pounds of hamburger or something.
I have had tastee. I have had better sandwiches but it's okay. I live about a mile away from it. It's still open, and has an *** backward drivethrough.(Everything is on the passenger side) It consists of one location in the middle of Lincoln, so it really isn't a state wide thing, more of a Lincoln only deal.

Norm In Norman
7/22/2006, 11:51 PM
Ahh, so they do exist! The 4 or 5 times I've made them I've liked it alot. He gave me some recipe for onion rings or something they serve there too. i haven't bothered with that recipe though.

royalfan5
7/22/2006, 11:55 PM
Ahh, so they do exist! The 4 or 5 times I've made them I've liked it alot. He gave me some recipe for onion rings or something they serve there too. i haven't bothered with that recipe though.
The onion rings are good and come with a pretty good dip. My main quibble with the tastee's is they aren't very big, so you don't get alot of bang for your buck.

Norm In Norman
7/22/2006, 11:58 PM
Oh. Well, I don't know how much meat they put on them but I pile them up. The recipe calls for a pickle(s) on top, but I use pickled jalepenos instead. It's good stuff.

Jimminy Crimson
7/23/2006, 03:02 AM
I could go for some Cane's right now if I was in Norman.

GottaHavePride
7/23/2006, 10:42 AM
Speaking of Nebraska, have you Nebraska people ever had a Tastee (Tasty? Tastie?). They are a loose meat type sandwich with mustard and pickles.

In Wichita, that is exactly what NuWay Cafe serves. Everyplace else in the country people think you're talking about a laundromat.

It's ok, except I hate mustard and pickles, so I don't really see the point in going there. Well, I'll hit the drive-through every once in a while because they make their own root beer, too.

etouffee
7/23/2006, 10:43 AM
I could go for some Cane's right now if I was in Norman.

nah. too easy.