PDA

View Full Version : Does the world really need another Starbucks?

Okla-homey
7/18/2006, 12:42 PM
Talked to some construction doods out my way this morning while doing the mornin' PT.

Me: "Whatcha buildin?"

Them: "Starbucks"

Me:"WTF? Theres a great little privately owned coffee house not 200 yards from this site!"

Them: "I guess he's hosed"

no kiddin'

slickdawg
7/18/2006, 12:43 PM
I agree with the Kid From Brooklyn on Starbucks.

VeeJay
7/18/2006, 12:54 PM
Their regular black coffee (plain, no cream, no sugar, no foo foo juice and other assorted sprays they add) is the worst stuff I've ever tasted.

Give me Dunkin Donuts coffee any day over that crap.

Ike
7/18/2006, 12:59 PM
the first sign of the end times will be a merger of starbucks and microsoft...

etouffee
7/18/2006, 01:00 PM
Their regular black coffee (plain, no cream, no sugar, no foo foo juice and other assorted sprays they add) is the worst stuff I've ever tasted.Not an Army vet, eh?

SoonerWood
7/18/2006, 01:17 PM
I'm lobbying to get a Peet's Coffee House here in Edmond.

Melo
7/18/2006, 01:20 PM
We even got a starbucks in Brenham. We all thought that was crazy. Little ole Brenham has a starbucks.

And for the record, I HATE starbucks. I dont like coffee. If I am forced to go, I always get hot tea.

SoonerWood
7/18/2006, 01:21 PM
Do you get the Chai Tea?

toast
7/18/2006, 01:28 PM
Courtesy of Lewis Black:

"From the beginning of time, man has looked at the heavens and firmly believed that the end of the universe ends out in space. It's not true. The end of the universe happens to be in the United States. I have seen it. And, oddly enough, it's in Houston, Texas...I know, I was shocked too... I left the comedy club there and walked down the street. On one corner, there was a Starbucks. And across the street from that Starbucks, in the exact same building as that Starbucks, was a Starbucks. At first I thought the sun was playing tricks on my eyes. But, no. There was a Starbucks across from a Starbucks. And that, my friends, is the end of the universe. People have said to me, 'how do you know?' And I say, 'go there. Stand between those two Starbucks and look at your watch. Time stands still.' And if you turn this way, and look at just this Starbucks, immediately you think, 'You know, There cannot possibly be a Starbucks behind me. Nobody would have been that stupid, to have built a Starbucks across from a Starbucks. And if there was a just and loving God, he wouldn't allow that kind of **** to go down.' So you turn slowly, thinking, 'well, I'll see a Gap, or a Denny's, maybe even a Mobil Station... BUT THERE'S A STARBUCKS!' - The End of the Universe

critical_phil
7/18/2006, 01:36 PM
if you're near souf OKC, there are 2 awesome alternatives to the boiling hot charcoal-flavored water that star$ calls coffee:

wholly grounds @ 89th and S. Western

blue bean @ 134th and S. Western (right next to the new Rusty's!!1!!)

Taxman71
7/18/2006, 01:43 PM
Head south on I-35 and try to count the Starbucks to San Antonio and back. You will get dizzy.

Melo
7/18/2006, 01:55 PM
Do you get the Chai Tea?

I usually get the Earl Gray. Grey. However you spell it.

mrowl
7/18/2006, 01:57 PM
I would love if Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf came to this part of the country. Good stuff.

SOONER44EVER
7/18/2006, 02:00 PM
They are building one 2 blocks from my house. I was hoping they would build something I would actually go to. :(

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/18/2006, 02:23 PM
in seattle, we have road side coffee places kind of like they have those tropical snows in oklahoma. chai latte's rock...

CatHunter
7/18/2006, 02:26 PM
in seattle, we have road side coffee places kind of like they have those tropical snows in oklahoma. chai latte's rock...

Don't worry, I am sure a Starbucks will turn up there too some day.

Beano's Fourth Chin
7/18/2006, 02:35 PM
they have starbucks in Seattle with the original naughty logo.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/61/Starbucks1.JPG

http://www.deadprogrammer.com/?p=1684

CatHunter
7/18/2006, 02:36 PM
Mmmmm. Mermaids.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/18/2006, 03:26 PM
if you're near souf OKC, there are 2 awesome alternatives to the boiling hot charcoal-flavored water that star$ calls coffee:

wholly grounds @ 89th and S. Western

blue bean @ 134th and S. Western (right next to the new Rusty's!!1!!)We also got a Java Daves at 89th and May

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/18/2006, 03:55 PM
Don't worry, I am sure a Starbucks will turn up there too some day.

pfft, starbucks is swill compared to darci's dinky donuts. mmmm, oregon chai...

GottaHavePride
7/18/2006, 04:08 PM
I'm lobbying to get a Peet's Coffee House here in Edmond.

Peets rocks. I order tea from them. I don't order coffee from them because all the coffee I like is esperesso-based, and I'm not shelling out hundreds of dollars so I can make that stuff at home. I just don't drink it very much.