PDA

View Full Version : Hitchhiker story

1stTimeCaller
7/18/2006, 10:10 AM
In all of the excitement yesterday I neglected to mention the hitchhiker I picked up south of Marlow and dropped of in Duncan.

I like to pick em up because I used to have a really crappy car and not one person ever stopped to help much less offer me a ride. They also have some pretty good stories.

This dude was about 24 or 25. He said that he had been overseas the past 6 years doing 'recon'. He was coming from California and it had taken him 2 months to get to Duncan. He said he was with the 101st Airborne Rangers. He said that he was in Korea when N Korea was threatening the Japanese a while back. He said that he was the guy that pulled Jessica Lynch out. He was also 15 feet away from Saddam when the Marines pulled him out. He said that he is/was a Sergent First Class (E-7). He said he did his Basic Combat Training at Fort Campbell. California. He said that his name was Darrell but who knows, it was probably made up like the rest of his story.

jk the sooner fan
7/18/2006, 10:11 AM
i lost count of how many lies he told you there.....

TheHumanAlphabet
7/18/2006, 10:13 AM
How do these guys make this stuff up? Guess they want to enliven their own tepid lives...

1stTimeCaller
7/18/2006, 10:15 AM
i lost count of how many lies he told you there.....

I found that it was easier to count the non-lies.

Howzit
7/18/2006, 10:17 AM
I worked with a guy once that told lies so big that you couldn't believe he seriously expected you to believe them - but he did.

Two I remember:
1) He helped develop an experimental underwater car that he personally test drove from Europe to the US.

2) He was a mechanic in the Air Force and was on a flight when an engine malfunctioned. He had to crawl out on the wing to repair it.

1stTimeCaller
7/18/2006, 10:20 AM
I worked with a guy once that told lies so big that you couldn't believe he seriously expected you to believe them - but he did.

Two I remember:
1) He helped develop an experimental underwater car that he personally test drove from Europe to the US.

2) He was a mechanic in the Air Force and was on a flight when an engine malfunctioned. He had to crawl out on the wing to repair it.

I did that on vacation once. I was flying Delta and the flight attendent came over the loudspeaker asking for someone to crawl out there and fix the flaps. They didn't even give me goggles.:mad:

achiro
7/18/2006, 10:21 AM

Two I remember:
I was wondering who made that thing. I've got one in my secret underhouse liar.

phht, that's nothing. I once had to jump from a plane and use my jacket as a parachute.

proud gonzo
7/18/2006, 10:24 AM
a guy once tried to convince me tornados are square

tbl
7/18/2006, 10:24 AM
Okay, I grew up in Duncan/Comanche, so I'm trying to figure out why the dude needed a ride from South of Marlow into Duncan? That's like 4 miles, tops...

I'm betting the guy was so hopped up on crank that the stories were just flowing out like the scabs from his forehead.

In the future, don't pick up any hitchhikers in Stephens County...

saucysoonergal
7/18/2006, 10:27 AM
Or, just don't pick up hitchhikers unless you want to become the main course in their evil cannibal luncheon.

1stTimeCaller
7/18/2006, 10:29 AM
Hitchhikers don't kill people anymore.

And really what if he did? I wouldn't have had to come in to work this week.

tbl
7/18/2006, 10:30 AM
Cranksters don't eat, so you're safe on that one. They just talk/scratch a lot and think the airplanes 30K up are spying on them. Once they've run out of money and/or dope, that's when the robbing begins.

CatHunter
7/18/2006, 10:47 AM

Two I remember:

Phew. I thought you were going to talk about that night out on the town! :D

Howzit
7/18/2006, 10:56 AM
Phew. I thought you were going to talk about that night out on the town! :D

HIGH FIVE!!!1

CatHunter
7/18/2006, 11:01 AM
HIGH FIVE!!!1

Fajitas anyone?

Howzit
7/18/2006, 11:04 AM
...jingle all the waaaaaaayyyy...

CatHunter
7/18/2006, 11:05 AM
Did you just lose ALOT of weight?

Howzit
7/18/2006, 11:07 AM
That's my brother!!!

CatHunter
7/18/2006, 11:10 AM
You really shouldn't smoke if you are going to play semi-professional football.

Howzit
7/18/2006, 11:13 AM
[ordering more Jaeger]You two are the ones whose wives are out of town - you're gonna have fun! [/ordering more Jaeger]

CatHunter
7/18/2006, 11:15 AM
If she only knew. :rolleyes:

TOTMFP!!!!!111111!!!!rwanda!@!!