7/18/2006, 09:50 AM
friendly reminder.

Snrfn4ever08
7/18/2006, 11:28 AM
friendly reminder.
i gotcha covered

mxATVracer10
7/18/2006, 12:57 PM
Circuit City is selling the PS2 and Xbox versions for the same price as the PSP's ($39) instead of the usual $49. They are also throwing in a free stategy guide and another $5 off if you pre-order Madden 07 when you buy it!:dolemite:

jackietreehorn
7/18/2006, 01:12 PM
i got it a midnight last night (yep, it's like that) and played till 4. it's unbelievable. they fixed our stadium--it looks perfect. you can see the dorms and the field house. they even have the little handicapped row along the south end end. oh, and peterson is just not fair!!

Hatfield
7/18/2006, 01:52 PM
Circuit City is selling the PS2 and Xbox versions for the same price as the PSP's ($39) instead of the usual $49. They are also throwing in a free stategy guide and another $5 off if you pre-order Madden 07 when you buy it!:dolemite:

wow that kicks the hell out of the "deal" that best buy is doing....which is just charging you full price and kicking you in the balls.

mxATVracer10
7/18/2006, 02:27 PM
wow that kicks the hell out of the "deal" that best buy is doing....which is just charging you full price and kicking you in the balls.

LOL yep, I had to check out the ads yesterday to make sure where I was going to buy it from. I just got back from picking it up on my lunch break... Sure enough, 39.95 with a free strategy guide. They didn't ask me about pre-ordering Madden though.

yermom
7/18/2006, 02:58 PM
wow, that sucks

Widescreen
7/18/2006, 03:07 PM
You'll take this and you'll like it, Mister. :D

The Colony Sooner
7/18/2006, 03:22 PM
If you live in the DFW area, Fry's Electronics is selling the Xbox 360 version for $39.95 (normally $59.95).

BOOMER!

msteudem
7/18/2006, 03:48 PM
I got mine at midnight for the 360. It is sweet. I would have been up all night playing it if I hadn't of had to work today. The snapshot feature is nice during instant replay. Bomar is fast so you can scramble a lot more with him. AD is a monster when you have momentum and he is breaking tackles and running people over.

BASSooner
7/18/2006, 05:01 PM
is dynasty mode more realistic? I mean 06 was great and all but I kept getting 6'10 receivers and linebackers that were about 6'8 and safeties that were about 6'5.

sooner518
7/18/2006, 05:53 PM
i just got '06 in the mail yesterday from half.com for 5 bucks. haha

I'll let you know my opinion of '07 next year

Sonner magic923
7/18/2006, 06:20 PM
does anyone like the campus legend mode? i tried the nfl superstar on madden and it was just boring i enjoy drafting and getting the recruits as much as playing the game though

ADs_Agent
7/18/2006, 06:46 PM
I think it's more fun to pick a terrible team and go dynasty and take them to the title in a couple of years.

TheGodfather889
7/18/2006, 07:35 PM
does anyone like the campus legend mode? i tried the nfl superstar on madden and it was just boring i enjoy drafting and getting the recruits as much as playing the game though
Why didn't I see the Campus Legend mode on my game (for Xbox 360)?

Hatfield
7/18/2006, 08:10 PM
i have a 10 dollar coupon to best buy so I am going to take the circuit city sales circular to best buy and force them to honor the price throw in a free stategery guide....only pay 29.99 for it....throw it on the best buy card and walk away A WINNER!!!

SoonerAtKU
7/18/2006, 08:49 PM
Why didn't I see the Campus Legend mode on my game (for Xbox 360)?

Unfortunately, they cut out that feature. As well as Create-A-School. Color me sad. It feels really bare-bones, but the gameplay is much improved.

badger
7/18/2006, 09:39 PM
while, np is probably off playing it right now :( but i'll stare at this beautiful screen shot until then:
http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/article/702/702461/ncaa-football-360-first-look-20060420093056789-000.jpg

sitzpinkler
7/18/2006, 09:48 PM
i have a 10 dollar coupon to best buy so I am going to take the circuit city sales circular to best buy and force them to honor the price throw in a free stategery guide....only pay 29.99 for it....throw it on the best buy card and walk away A WINNER!!!

I went to Best Buy and they price matched Circuit City and I got the free guide. All you have to do is take the game and the guide up to customer service and they'll do it.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/18/2006, 09:52 PM
Picked it up shortly after midnight (PS2 version). It's still a great game, and I love the expanded playbooks, but I also get the impression that it's on its last legs as the developers seem to be concentrating more on the next-generation systems than the current ones.

Also, when one team has full momentum, don't stare at the blinking meter for too long or you'll hurt your eyes.

One more thing: Has anyone else noticed that the Owen Field end zones alternate from red to green with each game? In the new version, we have the OKLAHOMA spelled out in red on a green background, where in last year's game, we had the red end zones with the OKLAHOMA spelled out in white. The year before, we had the green end zones and the red end zones were in the year before that. So I guess that we'll get the red end zones in next year's game. FWIW, I prefer the green end zones to the red.

Zing
7/18/2006, 10:58 PM
In NCAA 2006, Owen Field is the #12 toughest stadium in the country - where is it in '07?

Also, I remember some commercial saying that the crowd reacted dynamically, or something like that. Is that basically saying that the old Stadium Pulse bar is back?

I_SMELL_FEAR
7/19/2006, 08:15 AM
I got it for 360 and started playing on varsity level to get used to speed and controls....UAB trys a fake punt on their first possesion from their own 35 yard line. I knew then this was not ncaa 06. Things I noticed after 8 hours of playing:

you can actually block a field goal and PAT. The snap jump rawks.

Computer can actually run the ball in this game.

speed option from shotgun is not money like it was in 06, in fact it kinda sucks

AD will drag some chumps down field hanging off his back

the leap into the corner of endzone rawks even more

I absolutely cannot do an openfield big hit, I look like a chump every time

Snrfn4ever08
7/19/2006, 10:29 AM
In NCAA 2006, Owen Field is the #12 toughest stadium in the country - where is it in '07?

Also, I remember some commercial saying that the crowd reacted dynamically, or something like that. Is that basically saying that the old Stadium Pulse bar is back?
owen field is now the 18th toughest stadium. the pulse bar isn't like it used to be, now it measures in decibels instead of having the little cell phone signal looking bar

NDIrish
7/19/2006, 01:02 PM
Think it will be sold out already?

Tear Down This Wall
7/19/2006, 01:24 PM
No Create-A-School? Dadgum, that was one of the things I had the most fun doing.

Also, with the height of the players...I noticed that the longer I went into a dynasty, the bigger the players got. I had a 6'8" WR out of Black Forest, CO with like 94 speed once that could not be covered...ever! Anytime I was in a jam, I'd just flip to a play where he was running straight to the end zone. Although it was fun, it made the game too predictable. With that guy, I broke NCAA record for reception yard in a season and career, and touchdown receptions in a career. Oddly enough, I talked him into staying his senior year in off-season mode, something I usually don't waste many recruiting point even trying to attempt.

Landthief 1972
7/19/2006, 01:32 PM
The Create-A-School option is still in the PS2 and XBOX versions, they didn't have time to add them to the Madden game engine on the 360.

Landthief 1972
7/19/2006, 01:33 PM
I'm sad. My PS2 is broken and my wife said there's no way she's letting me fork out $170 for a new PS2, controllers and the game just so I can stomp shorthorns with AD. :(

Tear Down This Wall
7/19/2006, 01:38 PM
The Create-A-School option is still in the PS2 and XBOX versions, they didn't have time to add them to the Madden game engine on the 360.

Excellent, I'm still down with XBOX. I like creating a program from the ground up.

SeattleOUstudent
7/19/2006, 02:00 PM
anyone know if since I already bought it at Best Buy yesterday (for $59) if they will still honor Circuit City's price?

Hatfield
7/19/2006, 02:11 PM
yes they will just take in the circular from circuit city....they will refund the difference plus 10%

stonecoldsoonerfan
7/19/2006, 02:15 PM
it seems hard to even find much less recruit defensive tackles that are over 300 pounds. just not many of them in 07.

OUTrumpet
7/19/2006, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know what stadium we are playing instead of the Cotton Bowl in Dallas on the 360? They say it's the Cotton Bowl, but it's definitly not...I'll post a screenshot tonight when I get off work.

Geekboy
7/19/2006, 07:21 PM
I'm sad. My PS2 is broken and my wife said there's no way she's letting me fork out $170 for a new PS2, controllers and the game just so I can stomp shorthorns with AD. :(
Divorce your wife. :)

Hatfield
7/19/2006, 09:16 PM
anyone know if since I already bought it at Best Buy yesterday (for $59) if they will still honor Circuit City's price?

plus I went to best buy today with circuit city's ad and walked out with the game and guide for 43 and change.

badger
7/19/2006, 10:28 PM
Divorce your wife. :)

dude, i just bought a used one at game exchange--- that new, thin type ps2, complete with controller, all the wires, and that funky modem that comes with it--- for $100.

So screw buying a new one, because you'll be able to find a PS2 at a 2nd hand store, from pawn to game exchange or electronics boutique or whatever for less than that, methinks (I got it before the price drop at wal-mart).

So hey, break your DVD player, then tell your wife that you need to buy another... and just get a ps2 :D

Landthief 1972
7/20/2006, 08:29 AM
dude, i just bought a used one at game exchange--- that new, thin type ps2, complete with controller, all the wires, and that funky modem that comes with it--- for $100.

So screw buying a new one, because you'll be able to find a PS2 at a 2nd hand store, from pawn to game exchange or electronics boutique or whatever for less than that, methinks (I got it before the price drop at wal-mart).

So hey, break your DVD player, then tell your wife that you need to buy another... and just get a ps2 :D

We've already got a PS2 on layaway (I know, that so Aggie of me), and after looking over the books, she's going to pay off the PS2 and I'm going to buy the game and new wireless controllers. Yes, wireless. I hate having the console so close to the floor. It sucks in dust, which is part of the reason the last one died. If I put it up on top of the entertainment center with wired controllers, the thing is going to end up doing a swan dive when the kids (cough) me (cough) get too excited during a game.

Geekboy
7/20/2006, 06:38 PM

I feel your pain. Just bitched at my wife about her credit card charges and am now thinking about getting the 360 so I can get NCAA 2007 for it.

Am I a hypocrite or what?!?!?

Sonner magic923
7/20/2006, 07:17 PM
360 is whack be a man hold out for the PS3

Snrfn4ever08
7/20/2006, 09:58 PM
amen

AllAboutThe'O'
7/20/2006, 10:06 PM
I'll hold out for the PS3 when the price drops considerably.

Snrfn4ever08
7/20/2006, 10:16 PM
I'll hold out for the PS3 when the price drops considerably.
that's what i'm waiting for too, but that doesn't usually take too long. i'm gonna sit back and laugh at all of the people who try to get it the day it comes out and completely get raped:pop:

badger
7/20/2006, 10:47 PM
NP bought me a Logitech wireless controller (I would assume because he's such a nice guy) and it is teh awesome. It's probably the first off-brad controller for a console that is better than the one packaged with the system.

At this rate, it might be cool to see what Wii does to Madden instead of plunking down hundreds for a PS3. I hear they're going to have snapping, throwing, etc. motions included into the game.

For awhile, I was discouraged by Nintendo, but with the DS and the Wii, they seem to be on the right track. However, Sony better hope for blu-ray to take off, or they're going to have an expensive paperweight of a system--- kind of like the Atari Jaguar!
http://www.vgmuseum.com/systems/jaguar/jaguar.jpg

Landthief 1972
7/21/2006, 09:13 AM
I've been a PS diehard for years, but I will not be buying the PS3. Too expensive, underpowered, and I've had too many problems with the PS2. If we didn't have 30 or so games for the PS2, I wouldn't even be buying another PS2, I'd be socking away for the XBOX 360. You get a little dust in the PS2, and they completely flake out. We've gone through 2 already. One was a first-gen, which had a problem with disk slippage, and the second just stopped reading disks, even after I cleaned the laser and the spindle.

When Nintendo starts stocking some decents games that aren't puzzle and anime rip-offs, or Super Mario Smash Kart Paper Maze Party 15, I might be interested in the Wii-squeal-like-a-pig.

TripleOption14
7/21/2006, 09:33 AM
I've been a PS diehard for years, but I will not be buying the PS3. Too expensive, underpowered, and I've had too many problems with the PS2. If we didn't have 30 or so games for the PS2, I wouldn't even be buying another PS2, I'd be socking away for the XBOX 360. You get a little dust in the PS2, and they completely flake out. We've gone through 2 already. One was a first-gen, which had a problem with disk slippage, and the second just stopped reading disks, even after I cleaned the laser and the spindle.

When Nintendo starts stocking some decents games that aren't puzzle and anime rip-offs, or Super Mario Smash Kart Paper Maze Party 15, I might be interested in the Wii-squeal-like-a-pig.

You just gotta wait the price out. The price will drop after about the first year or so (like i said if you can wait it out) and then they'll be golden.

And be careful w/ throwing away PS2's!! I know you said you cleaned it but you adjust the white "gear arm" That is the key a lot of times.

Landthief 1972
7/21/2006, 11:20 AM
You just gotta wait the price out. The price will drop after about the first year or so (like i said if you can wait it out) and then they'll be golden.

And be careful w/ throwing away PS2's!! I know you said you cleaned it but you adjust the white "gear arm" That is the key a lot of times.

IMHO, it's not worth the wait. Any company that ignores the customer's complaints about bad consoles (the version 1 PS2s were notoriously bad for having a faulty spindle and lens), then when they finally listen, what do they do? Charge you $50 to fix something that was their fault in the first place. No thank you, I'd prefer to not pay to be kicked in the nuts to the tune of $400+ dollars. I'm squirming as it is about spending $130 for the PS2 just so I'll have a console to run all the damned games I've got lying around. Not to mention Sony dragging development out waiting for BlueRay to be weakly adopted, the fact that 2 months ago, they couldn't even fit the development machine into the case they had already been showing off at trade shows tells me Sony has gone off the deep end. I wouldn't touch those first-gen PS3s with Vince Young's d*ck.

TripleOption14
7/21/2006, 01:45 PM
Yeah, the blue ray thing kinda got in my crawl as well!!
I noticed you mentioned paying for your PS2 to get fixed? Please tell me you didn't fall for that trap and pay hard earned money for something you can do yourself and probably better.

Landthief 1972
7/21/2006, 02:29 PM
Yeah, the blue ray thing kinda got in my crawl as well!!
I noticed you mentioned paying for your PS2 to get fixed? Please tell me you didn't fall for that trap and pay hard earned money for something you can do yourself and probably better.

Nope, I took the sucker apart, cleaned the lens and spindle and it ran for another 6 months (not great, but it ran). The boys got a new PS2 that Christmas from their Godparents. No matter how many times I cleaned it, it would load the PS2 setup screen and the only way you could get a disc to load was by using the browser. After a few months, that stopped working too. Summer came, and we decided to make our kids play outside instead of sitting in front of the tv all day.

Regardless, nobody should have to pay for a problem that was Sony's fault anyway. How many non-tech people got stuck for $50+?

Snrfn4ever08
7/21/2006, 02:33 PM
Nope, I took the sucker apart, cleaned the lens and spindle and it ran for another 6 months (not great, but it ran). The boys got a new PS2 that Christmas from their Godparents. No matter how many times I cleaned it, it would load the PS2 setup screen and the only way you could get a disc to load was by using the browser. After a few months, that stopped working too. Summer came, and we decided to make our kids play outside instead of sitting in front of the tv all day.

Regardless, nobody should have to pay for a problem that was Sony's fault anyway. How many non-tech people got stuck for $50+?
it sounds to me like you just had bad luck. everytime i've ever had a problem, it turns out to be a problem with the disk, not the console. i've never had any problems with my ps2

GrapevineSooner
7/21/2006, 03:29 PM
Another reason to wait for the price to drop.

Or to not buy it at all (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/07/18/ncaa-football-07-is-busted-up/).

EA has responded to the situation: "During running plays the ball will be spotted at point of first contact where the tackle is initiated. The ball will not be spotted where the player is ultimately taken down.

1stTimeCaller
7/21/2006, 03:38 PM
Another reason to wait for the price to drop.

Or to not buy it at all (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/07/18/ncaa-football-07-is-busted-up/).

that's just for the PSP right?

GrapevineSooner
7/21/2006, 04:31 PM
As best I could tell from the story, it is.

Soonermagik
7/21/2006, 04:37 PM

I went through the same thing and have since junked my PS2. :mad: My xbox original and 360 have performed without a problem. :)

Hatfield
7/21/2006, 04:59 PM
i have never had a problem with my ps2 (knock on wood)

badger
7/21/2006, 05:18 PM
the psp link has a funny video of a game glitch. Perhaps a handheld NCAA Football wasn't such a good idea...