PDA

View Full Version : anybody else flying this week?

picasso
7/18/2006, 08:35 AM
I dropped Camden off at Tulsa International early on Sunday and they had hightened security in effect. One large entrance into the terminal/gates.
It was quite a display, large glass wall. never seen it like that before.

anywho, I heading out early tomorrow morning. Think I'll nix bringing my brass knuckles.

OklahomaTuba
7/18/2006, 08:39 AM
Not me thankfully. Was on an airplane every week for about 4 weeks up until this week!

The improvements to the airport are nice, but its still a dump compared to others of its size.

I think Detriot's northwest terminal is the nicest.

proud gonzo
7/18/2006, 10:22 AM
i'm flying next monday--going to New Jersey

mdklatt
7/18/2006, 10:38 AM

On purpose?

7/18/2006, 11:03 AM
Not until Monday. Maybe all of the terrorist will have a change of heart before then.

tbl
7/18/2006, 11:07 AM
Heading to Baltimore and DC on Thursday morning, coming back Friday evening.

Veritas
7/18/2006, 11:14 AM
Flying from Omaha to Dallas to Austin on Friday.

Vacationw000t!1111

GDC
7/18/2006, 11:50 AM
I'm picking up my fiance at the Tulsa airport tonight, I noticed the extra security when I dropped her off the other day. There were also three Fox 23 cameras, but unfortunately no Chera Komiko.

soonerboomer93
7/18/2006, 11:56 AM
I flew last week, came back to Denver on Sunday. Security was really quick to go through in Houston.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/18/2006, 11:59 AM
The gates at Tinker are all secured-up like they do when things get a little spicy.

I'll bet Tinker people really hate that stuff. Loooong lines to get on base...

I wonder if they still get in trouble for being late to work when they get stuck in those long lines.

VeeJay
7/18/2006, 12:07 PM
Going to Chicago from Ft. Lauderdale Sunday - Wednesday.

Sure I will notice a difference.

mrowl
7/18/2006, 12:12 PM
if you have a layover at DFW, take the skylink over to terminal D, it is AWESOME, great restaurants, great bars, cool shops.

picasso
7/18/2006, 03:38 PM
if you have a layover at DFW, take the skylink over to terminal D, it is AWESOME, great restaurants, great bars, cool shops.
I do and will. I also think I spelled heightened wrong.:O
I'm headed to rainy Orlando!!!!

Mjcpr
7/18/2006, 03:39 PM
I do and will. I also think I spelled heightened wrong.:O
I'm headed to rainy Orlando!!!!

I was there a month ago..........you're better off with the rain. That place is like Oklahoma-hot.

Penguin
7/18/2006, 03:41 PM
I hate flying. Therefore, I hate everyone who flies.

I hate all of you.

LilSooner
7/18/2006, 03:41 PM
leaving for chicago on sunday not looking forward to it.

critical_phil
7/18/2006, 03:45 PM

newark is a giant litter box.

ywia.

picasso
7/18/2006, 03:49 PM
I was there a month ago..........you're better off with the rain. That place is like Oklahoma-hot.
no no I want some sun on my belly.

frankensooner
7/18/2006, 04:00 PM
I am flying out of Tulsa early next month. I haven't flown since the inception of ticketless flying, how do you get into the freakin airport and how early should I arrive?

critical_phil
7/18/2006, 04:02 PM
I am flying out of Tulsa early next month. I haven't flown since the inception of ticketless flying, how do you get into the freakin airport and how early should I arrive?

1. take your own KY scented lubricant. that gubment issue stuff burns like hell.

2. leaving next month and you aren't at the airport yet? hope you like stand-by.

C&CDean
7/18/2006, 04:03 PM
I fly nearly every week. I flew last week. Got home Sunday. I flew today. Sitting in a hotel room in Tyson's Corner, Virginia (DC) this very minute. Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The usual Greyhound Bus Airlines dealio. Long lines at OKC, but they moved fast.

C&CDean
7/18/2006, 04:05 PM
leaving for chicago on sunday not looking forward to it.

WTF is wrong with you? Seriously. Chicago is a GREAT travel-to town. You must really hate your job, or whoever/whatever it is that you when you're there. One of these days I'm gonna be in Chicago the same time you are. You will never think of Chicago in a bad way again. Chicago rocks.

GottaHavePride
7/18/2006, 04:12 PM
newark is a giant litter box.

ywia.

Heh. We know, our grandmother lives in Fords, just south of Newark.

LilSooner
7/18/2006, 06:00 PM
WTF is wrong with you? Seriously. Chicago is a GREAT travel-to town. You must really hate your job, or whoever/whatever it is that you when you're there. One of these days I'm gonna be in Chicago the same time you are. You will never think of Chicago in a bad way again. Chicago rocks.

Dean I wouldn't know out of the full month that I have spent up there this past year I only got to spend 3 hours down town. I am actually a little north of Chicago in Mundelien. I LOVE my company, I just dread being in training for 10 hours a day. I drive close to 1000 miles a week, I don't do well sitting in one place listening to people drone on and on about under pads and catheters for 10 hours a day.

If I had the time I would definately hook up with you downtown for some rowdiness, but alas they don't give me any time.

7/18/2006, 06:31 PM
...sitting in one place listening to people drone on and on about under pads and catheters for 10 hours a day.

I'm guessing you don't work for the Chicago Chamber of Commerce.

StoopTroup
7/18/2006, 06:47 PM
Flying from Omaha to Dallas to Austin on Friday.

Vacationw000t!1111
Doesn't a vacation in Austin rate as an automatic banning?

Mjcpr
7/18/2006, 06:59 PM
If I had the time I would definately hook up with you downtown for some rowdiness, but alas they don't give me any time.

In other words, she's washing her hair that night but thanks anyway.

C&CDean
7/18/2006, 08:52 PM
In other words, she's washing her hair that night but thanks anyway.

pfffft. Don't you worry your pretty little head none. Me and Lil have hooked up plenty. Ax Rhino. He kinda digs watching from the closet.......

C&CDean
7/18/2006, 09:07 PM
Dean I wouldn't know out of the full month that I have spent up there this past year I only got to spend 3 hours down town. I am actually a little north of Chicago in Mundelien. I LOVE my company, I just dread being in training for 10 hours a day. I drive close to 1000 miles a week, I don't do well sitting in one place listening to people drone on and on about under pads and catheters for 10 hours a day.

Oh. So you could be in your most favoritist city and it still wouldn't matter with that schedule. Bummer. I guess I'm fortunate enough to have the luxury of having a little free time on my trips.

GDC
7/20/2006, 12:57 PM
I was at the freaking Tulsa airport until 3 AM because of delayed flights, and Casa Viva didn't sit too well either.:mad: