PDA

View Full Version : It was only a matter of time...dammit

Sooner in Tampa
7/18/2006, 07:57 AM
Dut to the recent events in Lebanon, we are now going to 24-Hour Ops. :mad:

This is totally uncalled for, it is not our bag...this area belongs to EUCOM :mad:

It looks like my weekend will become Wed and Thurs. :mad: :rolleyes:

I hate new shiatheads who spaz everytime there is a little excitement in the middle east. :mad:

Rant over

Okla-homey
7/18/2006, 08:05 AM
Well, to be honest, you must admit CENTCOM and EUCOM are both kinda busy.

slickdawg
7/18/2006, 08:09 AM
CENTCOM and EUCOM are very busy.

And this thing continues to escalate - it's far from over.

jk the sooner fan
7/18/2006, 08:13 AM
i'd think centcom would have the contingency plans to better handle the situation over there

but i could be dead wrong on that

Sooner in Tampa
7/18/2006, 08:13 AM
Well, to be honest, you must admit CENTCOM and EUCOM are both kinda busy.Homey...I know. Trust me I know. I think the pucker factor is really at an all-time high (excluding 9/11)

Folks are VERY uptight.

Sooner in Tampa
7/18/2006, 08:14 AM
i'd think centcom would have the contingency plans to better handle the situation over there

but i could be dead wrong on thatThere are plans...but we have "seams" to deal with. EUCOM and CENTCOM really do work hand in hand when it comes to this particular area.

Okla-homey
7/18/2006, 08:17 AM
There are plans...but we have "seams" to deal with. EUCOM and CENTCOM really do work hand in hand when it comes to this particular area.

Aw, just stand up a JTF, appoint a cinc, throw him a few forces and zang!

Seriously, hang in there. I hate this part, everyone scrambling around trying to get their head around the issues and mission. Its often reminiscent of the proverbial monkey and the football.

I had a boss once who used to say, "everyone just take a deep breath and wind your watches. Or go take a sh1t. Either way, you won't be scruing anything up for now. Once you guys calm the f*** down, we'll figure this mess out"

Sooner in Tampa
7/18/2006, 09:02 AM
Aw, just stand up a JTF, appoint a cinc, throw him a few forces and zang!

Seriously, hang in there. I hate this part, everyone scrambling around trying to get their head around the issues and mission. Its often reminiscent of the proverbial monkey and the football.

I had a boss once who used to say, "everyone just take a deep breath and wind your watches. Or go take a sh1t. Either way, you won't be scruing anything up for now. Once you guys calm the f*** down, we'll figure this mess out"HEH...the JTF = :pop:

It's all good. If I have to work weekends now, I get differential pay. :D Beats the hell out of the BOHICA mentality while in uniform. It's good to be retired. :P

I think once the n00bs calm down, and listen to some of us who have been through the USS Cole, 9/11, and all of the BIG ops from Afghanistan and Iraq they will see that we ALREADY have all of the bases covered.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/18/2006, 10:04 AM
EUCOM

Nothing with the letters E and U as in EU can be good or productive...;)

TheHumanAlphabet
7/18/2006, 10:05 AM
Folks are VERY uptight.

That's when shi'ite happens...People make mistakes...

Vaevictis
7/18/2006, 10:05 AM
Nothing with the letters E and U as in EU can be good or productive...;)

WHY DO YOU HATE THE TROOPS?!