PDA

View Full Version : We had some fun with this a couple of days ago...

goingoneight
7/17/2006, 09:59 PM
So I decided to dedicate an entire thread to the Sooners' records since 1999, given Boo was still here.

Gandalf The Grey, youre a genius!!!

Here is Blake's record last year

TCU we lose a thriller 38-3 Duke Robinson runs for 45 yards on 22 carries
Tulsa we lose a thriller 21-6 (on high note, Rhett Bomar gets first ever interception from his LB position)
UCLA beats us 63-7 (UCLA fumbles in own end zone and defensive tackle Adrian Peterson recovers it for first touchdown of season)
Kansas St. beats us in the boringest game ever 3-0
Texas we lose a thriller 97-3 (Blake says next year will be our year)
Kansas we lose another close one 7-3 (Rufus Alexander is becoming money from anything 25 and closer on field goals. Also Punter C.J. Ah You hasn't had a punt blocked in two full quarters)
Baylor beats us like a government mule 21-3 (Larry Birdine takes over for inefficient Jon Cooper at QB)
Nebraska by virtue of not having Blake wins 21-14(offense starting to come around under freshman qb guidance of Jon Cooper after last week's benching Left Tackle Iglesias gives up 18 sacks as his 165 pound frame can't hold up)
Texas A&M wins a close one 35-6 (Aggies crack 1000 yards....for the game)
Texas Tech wins a close one as Mike Leach cracks the century mark 107-35 (Mike Leach actually kneels down for final quarter)
Oklahoma State and Oklahoma quit playing after 3 days with a 0-0 tie (Rufus Alexander missed chip shot 19 yard field goal in 1st overtime)

Originally Posted by goingoneight
Here is Blake's record this year...

Red/White Scrimmage: OU loses. Bad officiating. Starting RB Garrett Hartley injured, Staring QB injured, wide-receivers Ryan Reynolds and Jason Carter wear protective blue jerseys just in case.

UAB: We win a thriller 7-5 after benching ineffective Adrian Peterson.
Washington: We go triple-overtime and lose by a FG because H Reggie Smith fumbles a high snap... at his own 35 yard line.
Oregon: Jon Cooper passes 6-29 with three yards rushing... Boo brings in RB Garrett Hartley to replace injured starter Chase Beeler, tough loss 42-3.
Middle Tennessee: We came, we saw, we conquered... 14-13, DeMarco Murray blocks an extra point attempt, Thriller!!! There's still hope for 13-1!!!
Texas: Backup QB Allen Patrick sacked in the endzone... Texas wins 2-0, Mack moves on with new man, Colt McCoy.

Damn that Texas-hangover!!!
Iowa State: Throttles OU and game is called after an embarassing rout in 2nd quarter.
Damn that Texas-hangover!!!

2006 Homecoming Game-- COLORADO!!!
Dan Hawkins seals the deal on his first victory for CU in double-overtime, 6-0. Murray blocked an XP again to give OU a chance, Jon Cooper is intercepted.
Missouri: Gary Pinkel shows flashes of making it without Brad Smith. Newbie QB passes for an ugly 10-35 with 3 rushing touchdowns. ABC changes games at halftime OU down 0-21. Final Score: 21-0 Mizzou.
Texas A&M wins 77-0 in College Station.
Texas Tech wins a close one at their horseshoe-shaped edd-zone, provided at Norman by BIG 12 officiating crew. Rhett Bomar passes 33-41 for 312 yards with two rushing TDs-- for Texas Tech.
Baylor: There is hope to win late in the first quarter, Sooners trail by 24... Jon Cooper is intercepted again, and it kind of gets away from us from there.
Oklahoma State: Mike Gundy is given a $300,000 raise for capping a 1-11 winning season with a 10-8 rout over unranked Oklahoma. Movies are made, books are written, Sports Illustarted declares OSU the 2007 pre-season No. 5-ranked team... in the BIG 12 South.

soonerfans.com-- Make Boo cry... :pop:

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/17/2006, 10:07 PM
Gandalf The Grey, youre a genius!!!

You lost all credibility right there!! :pop: :pop:

goingoneight
7/17/2006, 10:12 PM
You lost all credibility right there!! :pop: :pop:

:confused:

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/17/2006, 10:19 PM
Just giving you a hard time ;)...this is a good idea

goingoneight
7/18/2006, 08:30 PM
Bump-a-demp!!! Who dares list the 2000 season outcome???

I say provided we recruited the players Bob got in 1999 and 2000, Boo would have still sputtered along like Fran is doing right now. Our team wouldn't be able to see their feet, either!!!

tru2ou
7/19/2006, 07:36 AM
Seriously guys, you need to let it go. We're going into our 8th season with Stoops as the head coach and you guys are still bringing up old memories.

I know John Blake hasnt let it go but does that mean we need to stoop to his level?

We're less than 2 months away from the first game and this is the best thing we can talk about? Come on guys, bring it up a notch and lets have discussions about last year, this year, and maybe next.

I guess I'm just tired of coming on here and reading a post every week about how bad Blake was and how bad of a person he is. Its over, we've moved on and lets focus on the positives rather than dwelling on the negatives.

- TRU

soonernation
7/19/2006, 08:15 AM
Seriously guys, you need to let it go. We're going into our 8th season with Stoops as the head coach and you guys are still bringing up old memories.

I know John Blake hasnt let it go but does that mean we need to stoop to his level?

We're less than 2 months away from the first game and this is the best thing we can talk about? Come on guys, bring it up a notch and lets have discussions about last year, this year, and maybe next.

I guess I'm just tired of coming on here and reading a post every week about how bad Blake was and how bad of a person he is. Its over, we've moved on and lets focus on the positives rather than dwelling on the negatives.

- TRU

http://www.collegegear.com/sf/stores/product_images/163069-x.jpg

Snrfn4ever08
7/19/2006, 10:25 AM

- TRU
shut it, benchwarmer:D

Landthief 1972
7/19/2006, 10:58 AM
One word:

OFFSEASON. :pop:

colleyvillesooner
7/19/2006, 11:07 AM
Two Words:

Noob fight. :D

goingoneight
7/19/2006, 09:27 PM
Lot of words: No one's posted their own yet!!!

Snrfn4ever08
7/19/2006, 09:54 PM
Lot of words: No one's posted their own yet!!!
yea, i'm waiting for you genius to come up with the stuff that i'm too lazy to come up with myself:pop:

goingoneight
7/19/2006, 10:05 PM
I'll think about it... No one wants to have fun in this boring little time we call offseason it seems...