PDA

View Full Version : WHEN SOONERS HEAD FOR WACO

fossil
7/17/2006, 04:41 PM
Gang, I got tickets to the OU spring game but had to go the funeral of a family member instead. I sure was looking forward to seeing the current Sooner crop of players. I will only be able to make one game this year because of schedule and that will be in Waco when the Sooners play Baylor

I'd like a chance to meet up with some of you and swap a few lies, drink a few beers. Will there be an opportunity to do that in Waco (Sooner Tail Gate Parties?). Should I start looking to buy that ticket now, or just show up outside the stadium and hope to pick one up there?

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

yermom
7/17/2006, 04:46 PM
we got them at the game, there wasn't really a shortage

they actually won some games last year though, so maybe attendance will be different?

goingoneight
7/17/2006, 09:35 PM
The attendeance is always different when OU plays on the road...

Sooner24
7/17/2006, 09:40 PM
I have NEVER paid anywhere close to face for a ticket in Waco. A few times I have had tickets just given to me. Funny thing is every time I have been there, no matter what the ticket said I have sat on the 50 yard line. :D

Sooner24
7/17/2006, 09:41 PM
Back to your question about a tailgate I don't know about this year but the Soonerfans.com tailgate has made Waco trips in the past.

goingoneight
7/17/2006, 09:43 PM
No offense to Baylor, but isn't it fun to have that team that makes you look badass every year. This applies to the modern-day floor of the South 6, OSU.

TXBOOMER
7/17/2006, 09:53 PM
Year before last OU was ranked #1 in the nation and the stadium in Waco was only half full. You can get tickets very cheap. Hopefully they won't take us to overtime next year.

badger
7/18/2006, 12:01 AM
Baylor-- where you get a little bit of leg room.

Statalyzer
7/18/2006, 01:10 AM
Hopefully they won't take us to overtime next year.

I hope for the same thing. :P

SicEmBaylor
7/18/2006, 03:34 AM
When it comes closer to gametime then give me a PM or start a thread, and I'll help out with any "where to" or "what to do" questions that you may have.

You guys should enjoy your time in Waco this year. Our remodeling of the stadium is finished, and the Grant Teaff plaza is pretty nice.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/18/2006, 06:41 AM
heh D Block doesn't allow internet access SicEm

soonerlaw
7/18/2006, 08:32 AM
Going to see OU play in Waco is great. I can't say anything about this year, but two years ago it was like going to a OU home game with all the red in the stands. The stadium is smaller so you can get a really great view from ever sub par seats. The concessions were cheap and the fans where we were sitting (Baylor donor seats given to us by a friend) were really nice. On top of that, after the game was over, the players came out and shook hands with the fans.

SOONERKAT
7/18/2006, 09:53 AM
Nothing but praise for The Case and the Baylor fans. I went two years ago as well (AD went for about 250 or so ...) and there was quite the Sooner contingency there. We actually had a cross-feild "Boomer Sooner" going on. Some of the Baylor fans didn't like that too much, but they were all still respectful and friendly. Sic 'em, correct me if I am wrong, but I found that George's was the place to go after the game to sit down to a "Big O" (not that kind of big "O" folks). I'll be there again this year as a coworker of mine who is a season ticket holder.

fwsooner22
7/18/2006, 10:05 AM
Ummmm....For those of you who seem to have forgotten....We beat them in Double Overtime last year.........They made US look bad..........

If you have kids this a great venue........lots of room, polite people and very few NUTS. Although there are a few.

Sooners78
7/18/2006, 10:19 AM
We went in 2002 and had a great time at the game. We bought tickets at the gate for about 20 each. We sat at the 40 yd line, but went down to the first row a few times where we saw Strait make an INT right at the goal line just a few yards away from us. My daughter, who was 3 at the time, got to see the Baylor bear mascot walk around on the sideline. That made her day. Q had a great day running.

Before the game, there was a large part of the area outside the stadium that was all OU tailgaters. I'm not sure about directions there, but I think it was SW of the stadium. Parking was not a problem at all. It was a nice change of pace. The Baylor fans were great.

After the game, we went to Fuddruckers. We were all watching the UT-Tech game, and all of the OU and Baylor fans were cheering for Tech who won that game.

Also, after the game, my nephew who was 11, took his football over to the OU sideline and got a Mark Clayton autograph.

KyleUT
7/18/2006, 04:14 PM
SOONERKAT -- George's rocks before and after games in Waco. Also check out George's tent near the stadium -- always our pre-game stop in Waco.

Waco is amazingly my second favorite road trip (minus TX-OU) in the Big 12 -- for the game only. There's just something about it that I enjoy a ton. Always good seats, always close parking, always cold beer, always a Texas win...what more does a man need in a football game?

C&CDean
7/18/2006, 04:24 PM
I will probably haul the RV to Waco this year. It is a fun tailgate, you don't have to stumble too far to the game, you can sit anywhere you like, and the Baptist police are right nice fellers. There's even a pretty good pizza joint close by that will deliver right to the tailgate on Friday night.

I'm thinking about hauling the RV to the Missouri game too. That's also a good tailgate.

OklaUalum
7/18/2006, 05:04 PM
If you promise to buy a hotdog and a stadium Coke and not use the Lord's name in the vain, they might let ya in for free....

soonerboy_odanorth
7/18/2006, 05:10 PM
I'm thinking about hauling the RV to the Missouri game too. That's also a good tailgate.

Ohhhhhhhhh, please tell me that is true....

Making four games this year (opener, Washington, Texas, Mizou), and this will be my first time to Mizzou... and I would love for it to have a bit of a "home" feel.... (elk sloppy joe's? :D )

Sooner24
7/18/2006, 05:39 PM
If you promise to buy a hotdog and a stadium Dr Pepper/Big Red/7Up/RC and not use the Lord's name in the vain, they might let ya in for free....

Fixed! :D

7/18/2006, 06:36 PM
Bring a drink, a print-out of both teams players and ten bucks and you'll have a good time.

soonerjoker
7/21/2006, 10:24 AM
i've been to last 3 games (Sooners) in waco, & it's fun.

also, much shorter drive from dallas than to norman.

Flagstaffsooner
7/21/2006, 10:44 AM
Can you say gawldern in the stadium?

SoonerInHouston
7/21/2006, 12:53 PM
Can you say gawldern in the stadium?
I don't know, but I have said " $h*t " a few times....;)

soonerjoker
7/22/2006, 08:21 AM
no sex standing up, those Baptists might think you're Dancing. horrors !!!!