PDA

View Full Version : Lake Ouachita in Arkansas

frankensooner
7/17/2006, 02:03 PM
I would have liked to stayed in Oklahoma, but we went with some friends to Lake Ouachita Near Mt. Ida and Hot Springs in Arkansas and camped out for three nights this past weekend. It was hot, but that was a beautiful lake. Our friend's parents have a pontoon there and we spent most of the weekend pulling the kids around on a tube and swimming in the cool waters. It was a really nice trip and now my wife is all into camping, which is great for me!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/17/2006, 02:07 PM
Do they still have the monster-huge striped bass like they used to?

IB4OU2
7/17/2006, 02:14 PM
Do they still have the monster-huge striped bass like they used to?

That only happens when you lose your ski going 50mph ....:(

Oh nevermind you said Bass........:O

frankensooner
7/17/2006, 02:36 PM
I saw one floating on top (dead) that was at least 15-18 lbs, everyone kept stopping and looking at it. It was HUGE. We didn't fish. The people at the next campsite over caught an 18 lb and 15 lb catfish.

7/17/2006, 02:38 PM
Back in the '80's, the lake produced 35-40 lb. stripers.

SoonerInKCMO
7/17/2006, 02:40 PM
Back in the '80's, the lake produced 35-40 lb. stripers.

At first I thought "Dayum! Those be some scrawny-*** strippers!" :O

7/17/2006, 03:09 PM
At first I thought "Dayum! Those be some scrawny-*** strippers!" :OHey, knock it off! We're talking fish, not party-girls.

frankensooner
7/17/2006, 04:05 PM
Actually, as far as party girls go, we were pulling up to the dock to gas up the boat and they were having cigarette boat races that day, anyway there was a woman in a bikini, sporting very large breastages dancing on a boat, we pulled past and my six-year-old daughter said awwwww, I wanted to watch the show...;) Me too I said!