PDA

View Full Version : I think Bush understands the situation perfectly

Okla-homey
7/17/2006, 07:28 AM
Whether or not we do anything about it is another matter.
This just in:

Bush was talking privately to British Prime Minister Tony Blair during a lunch at the Group of Eight summit in St Petersburg about an upsurge of violence in the Middle East, not realizing a microphone was recording what he said.

"I think Condi (Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice) is going to go pretty soon," Bush said.

Blair replied: "Right, that's all that matters, it will take some time to get that together."

The two leaders also referred to an offer by Blair to help. Blair said Rice has "got to succeed" if she goes out to the region.

Bush replied: "What they need to do is to get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this sh1t." Shortly afterwards Blair noticed the microphone and hastily switched it off, but not before the recording had reached news media.

Precisely! And if means attacking Syria, let's roll. IMHO, confining military operations only to Iraq and Afghanistan is rather like trying to surgically excise a tumor by only removing part of it while leaving surrounding cancerous tissue in place.

OUinFLA
7/17/2006, 08:46 AM
spek on your comment.

OklahomaTuba
7/17/2006, 08:54 AM
Whether or not we do anything about it is another matter.
This just in:

Bush was talking privately to British Prime Minister Tony Blair during a lunch at the Group of Eight summit in St Petersburg about an upsurge of violence in the Middle East, not realizing a microphone was recording what he said.

Precisely! And if means attacking Syria, let's roll. IMHO, confining military operations only to Iraq and Afghanistan is rather like trying to surgically excise a tumor by only removing part of it while leaving surrounding cancerous tissue in place.

Until Syria & Iran's ability to support front line terrorism is confronted and stopped, it will continue and grow stronger.

Just imagine these **** heads with a nuke in their back pocket!

JohnnyMack
7/17/2006, 09:19 AM
And if means attacking Syria, let's roll. IMHO, confining military operations only to Iraq and Afghanistan is rather like trying to surgically excise a tumor by only removing part of it while leaving surrounding cancerous tissue in place.

How much more effective would we be if we had never invaded Iraq in the first place?

Hatfield
7/17/2006, 09:21 AM
homey where from where did you pull your quoted passage?

mdklatt
7/17/2006, 09:27 AM
How much more effective would we be if we had never invaded Iraq in the first place?

Possibly less as we wouldn't have as much of a military presence in the region right now.

Howzit
7/17/2006, 09:28 AM

http://www.cnn.com/video/

mdklatt
7/17/2006, 09:31 AM
Bush replied: "What they need to do is to get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this sh1t."

How much pull does Syria really have with Hezboallah? Some analyses I've been reading lately say that Assad (Syria's president) needs Hezbollah's seal of approval to have any shred of popularity with the Syrians. If he turns his back on Hezbollah, he'll be in major trouble at home. Iran is the major player in this.

Hatfield
7/17/2006, 09:32 AM
I was just curious if his source edited out "the irony" language or if it included it.

I was more confused by the use of the word irony that the "colorful language"

Hatfield
7/17/2006, 09:32 AM
How much pull does Syria really have with Hezboallah? Some analyses I've been reading lately say that Assad (Syria's president) needs Hezbollah's seal of approval to have any shred of popularity with the Syrians. If he turns his back on Hezbollah, he'll be in major trouble at home. Iran is the major player in this.

yep any movement against syria brings iran into play.

Howzit
7/17/2006, 09:33 AM
"...the irony..." was Bush's phrasing.

Mjcpr
7/17/2006, 09:35 AM
He was confused again....he meant to say Ironyians.

Howzit
7/17/2006, 09:37 AM
The Whitehouse staff is just glad he didn't use "ironical."

OklahomaTuba

Or better yet, how many missles would Saddam have lodged at Isreal making things even worse?

picasso
did he quip anything about immigaytion and Homomexuals?

Hatfield
7/17/2006, 09:39 AM
He was confused again....he meant to say Ironyians.

the sad thing is that actually makes sense. ;)

Okla-homey
7/17/2006, 09:41 AM

Drudge. I think it was an wireservice story.

OklahomaTuba
7/17/2006, 09:43 AM
This is funny stuff, yo.

Bush: Yo Blair How are you doing?
Blair: I'm just...
Bush: You're leaving?
Blair: No, no, no not yet. On this trade thingy...[inaudible]
Bush: yeah I told that to the man
Blair: Are you planning to say that here or not?
Bush: If you want me to
Blair: Well, it's just that if the discussion arises...
Bush: I just want some movement.
Blair: Yeah
Bush: Yesterday we didn't see much movement
Blair: No, no, it may be that it's not, it maybe that it's impossible
Bush: I am prepared to say it
Blair: But it's just I think what we need to be an opposition
Bush: Who is introducing the trade
Blair: Angela
Bush: Tell her to call 'em
Blair: Yes
Bush: Tell her to put him on them on the spot.Thanks for [inaudbible] it's awfully thoughtful of you
Blair: It's a pleasure
Bush: I know you picked it out yourself
Blair: Oh, absoultely, in fact [inaudble]
Bush: What about Kofi [inaudible] his attitude to ceasefire and everything else ... happens
Blair: Yeah, no I think the [inaudible] is really difficult. We can't stop this unless you get this international business agreed.
Bush: Yeah
Blair: I don't know what you guys have talked about but as I say I am perfectly happy to try and see what the lie of the land is but you need that done quickly because otherwise it will spiral
Bush: I think Condi is going to go pretty soon
Blair: But that's that's that's all that matters. But if you, you see it will take some time to get that together
Bush: Yeah, yeah
Blair: But at least it gives people...
Bush: It's a process, I agree. I told her your offer to...
Blair: Well...it's only if I mean... you know. If she's got a..., or if she needs the ground prepared as it were... Because obviously if she goes out, she's got to succeed, if it were, whereas I can go out and just talk
Bush: You see, the ... thing is what they need to do is to get Syria, to get Hezbollah to stop doing this **** and it's over
Blair: [inaudible]
Bush: [inadubile]
Blair: Syria
Bush: Why?
Blair: Because I think this is all part of the same thing
Bush: Yeah.
Blair: What does he think? He thinks if Lebanon turns out fine, if we get a solution in Israel and Palestine, Iraq goes in the right way...
Bush: Yeah, yeah, he is sweet
Blair: He is honey. And that's what the whole thing is about. It's the same with Iraq
Bush: I felt like telling Kofi to call, to get on the phone to Bashad [Bashir Assad](9a and make something happen
Blair: Yeah
Bush: [inaudible]
Blair:
Bush: We are not blaming the Lebanese government
Blair: Is this...? (at this point Blair taps the microphone in front of him and the sound is cut.)
http://adamboulton.typepad.com/my_weblog/2006/07/bush_blair_unpl.html

Mjcpr
7/17/2006, 09:46 AM
Tap...tap....tap....Is this thing on?

Hatfield
7/17/2006, 09:48 AM
why is "the irony..." being edited out of now 2 different sources??

it makes no sense.

p.s. if you are an important person and a microphone is in front of you....always assume it is on. ywia

picasso
7/17/2006, 09:48 AM
did they follow Frank Drebbin into the bathroom stall?

ooo la la la leeeeeeee! fart fart fart.....

JohnnyMack
7/17/2006, 09:50 AM
Or better yet, how many missles would Saddam have lodged at Isreal making things even worse?

Rather big assumption, dontcha think? Oh, nevermind, it's you. :O

OklahomaTuba
7/17/2006, 09:50 AM
why is "the irony..." being edited out of now 2 different sources??

it makes no sense.

p.s. if you are an important person and a microphone is in front of you....always assume it is on. ywia

I havn't seen where the word Irony had been used at all.

Hatfield
7/17/2006, 09:52 AM
if you watch the clip they provide it in the transcript and you can hear him say it.

ST. PETERSBURG, Russia (AP) -- U.S. President George W. Bush expressed his frustration over the situation in the Middle East by using an expletive in comments to British Prime Minister Tony Blair at the G8 summit in St. Petersburg Monday.

Not realizing his remarks were being picked up by a microphone at the summit of world leaders, Bush bluntly expressed his frustration with the actions of Hezbollah.

"See, the irony is what they really need to do is to get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this (expletive)," Bush told Blair in a discussion before the Group of Eight leaders began their lunch.

Bush's remarks were picked up by the summit's closed-circuit television, which was filming the leaders sitting down to eat.

Normally, the images are transmitted with sound that does not allow reporters to pick out individual comments. But in this case a microphone picked up Bush's comments to Blair.

Blair, whose remarks were not as clearly heard, appeared to be pressing Bush about the importance of getting international peacekeepers into the region.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/07/17/russia.g8.bushremark.ap/index.html

so it is just odd to me that it is now disappearing from "news" articles.

Mjcpr
7/17/2006, 09:52 AM
I havn't seen where the word Irony had been used at all.

"See the irony is that what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this s—- and it's over," Bush told British Prime Minister Tony Blair in a discussion before the Group of Eight leaders began their final lunch.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,203915,00.html

OklahomaTuba
7/17/2006, 09:53 AM

Heh, yeah, cause Saddam was a peaceful democratically elected dictator, who never ever launched missiles into Israel, ever.

Oh, and he never helped fund any of those terrorists groups either.

:rolleyes:

slickdawg
7/17/2006, 09:54 AM
I say let Israel go after Syria, and we support them. If we have to put the
3rd and 4th ID's back into Iraq and let them plow over Syria, then so be it.
And we just keep a couple of carrier battle groups in the region in case
Iran wants to play.

Syria is the root of most of this terrorism, with Iran a close second.
Take 'em both out.

OklahomaTuba
7/17/2006, 09:56 AM
if you watch the clip they provide it in the transcript and you can hear him say it.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/07/17/russia.g8.bushremark.ap/index.html

so it is just odd to me that it is now disappearing from "news" articles.

No doubt part of that right-wing media bias. :D

1stTimeCaller
7/17/2006, 09:56 AM

being as he did that during Desert Storm and we talked Israel into just eating Saddam's poop and not getting into the war and breaking up the coalition I think it's easy to assume Saddam would have no qualms about sending more Scuds into Tel Aviv again.

JohnnyMack
7/17/2006, 10:10 AM
being as he did that during Desert Storm and we talked Israel into just eating Saddam's poop and not getting into the war and breaking up the coalition I think it's easy to assume Saddam would have no qualms about sending more Scuds into Tel Aviv again.

In this scenario. If Hussein were still in power. I disagree. Just my opinion.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/17/2006, 10:14 AM
I have to disagree too, I don't think Saddam would launch some scuds...he would have launched them all. Saddam's whole claim to fame in the region was that he was the only one in the area with Mucho Hueves Grandes when it came to standing up the Israeli's and Americans. You think he would have jeopordized that by sitting back and drinking a cocktail

JohnnyMack
7/17/2006, 10:25 AM
I have to disagree too, I don't think Saddam would launch some scuds...he would have launched them all. Saddam's whole claim to fame in the region was that he was the only one in the area with Mucho Hueves Grandes when it came to standing up the Israeli's and Americans. You think he would have jeopordized that by sitting back and drinking a cocktail

What did he have left, like 10 SCUDs? I think in this situation he would have let Iran/Syria continue its string pulling of the Hezbollah puppet.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/17/2006, 10:27 AM
Well after they shipped all of the SCUDS to Syria before the Iraq invasion, he only had 10 left ;)

JohnnyMack
7/17/2006, 10:31 AM
Well after they shipped all of the SCUDS to Syria before the Iraq invasion, he only had 10 left ;)

Heh.

Scott D
7/17/2006, 10:40 AM

I'm just curious....how does one lodge a missle at Israel?

GO ME FOR TWO SPELLING ERRORS BY TUBA ;)

1stTimeCaller
7/17/2006, 10:58 AM

Tuba's head prolly 'sploaded when I disagreed with JM and agreed with him.

Okla-homey
7/17/2006, 11:06 AM
This sucker is going to six pages easy.:D :D :O

Maybe not. Thread fizzlage is apparent.

Hatfield
7/17/2006, 11:09 AM
homey that is going to take some work...i can already hear the air fizzling out of this

OklahomaTuba
7/17/2006, 11:44 AM

:)

Tear Down This Wall
7/17/2006, 11:55 AM

What if my guitar amp would go to 11 instead of 10?

In my eyes, it's perfect. We've already got Air Force and Navy nearby to kick the living crap out of Iran and Syria when necessary.

Sooner in Tampa
7/17/2006, 12:03 PM
This sucker is going to six pages easy.:D :D :Ohttp://www.phog.tv/images/emoticons/popcorn.gif

Mjcpr
7/17/2006, 12:09 PM
Hmmm.....

The Israeli miltary says an airstrike in Lebanon has destroyed a long-range Iranian missile capable of reaching Tel Aviv, The Associated Press reports.

sitzpinkler
7/17/2006, 12:43 PM
I don't think Saddam would have had the balls to launch anything at Israel if he were still in power. We've pretty much had him in check since Desert Storm. Remember when we blew **** up while patrolling the no-fly zones? I don't think he's that stupid.

Sooner in Tampa
7/17/2006, 12:48 PM
I think that the only country with the nuts to mess with Israel is Iran.

OklahomaTuba
7/17/2006, 01:14 PM
I don't think Saddam would have had the balls to launch anything at Israel if he were still in power. We've pretty much had him in check since Desert Storm. Remember when we blew **** up while patrolling the no-fly zones? I don't think he's that stupid.

Remember how he tried and shoot our planes down while patrolling the no-fly zone?

Remember how he tried to assassinate Bush 1?

Remember how he was supporting the Palestinian suicide bombers?

Remember the missiles he fired at Israel?

Remember the terrorist training camps he had, the mass graves with hundreds of thousands of his own people that he slaughtered in them?

Remember how he corrupted the UN?

Yeah, we really had him in check, if you burry your head in the sand and ignore the facts of history. :rolleyes:

slickdawg
7/17/2006, 01:25 PM

I know this, right at the end of the combat for Desert Storm, we had promised
Israel we would protect them and pleaded for them to take no actions.
We had done a good job of this.

My BIL was on a bomb mission in his B52 from Spain, and they got a
911 call to hit a moving tarket in Western Iraq. Turn out that Saddam
was sending a train with the remaining scud launcers and missiles
to Western Iraq to fire them at Israel. Israel had told the US that
if we didn't take them out immediately, they would.

In perfect fashion, my BIL and his crew went in their BUFF and
nailed the trains. There was nothing left but creators and train/scud parts.

My point? Most arabs will do anything they can to take a shot at Israel.

NormanPride
7/17/2006, 01:38 PM
Ugh. Explain to me again why we have to share the same planet with these people?

Tear Down This Wall
7/17/2006, 02:06 PM
Ugh. Explain to me again why we have to share the same planet with these people?

Because we live in an age of gutless politicians, here and abroad. Iran or North Korea will have to fire a real nuke to break of the "diplomacy" circle jerk that has allowed things to progress to the sorry state we're in today.

Imagine this...in the span of five years, Bush has gone from "We'll kick a*ss" to "Well, Tony...I called Kofi...blah, blah, blah...."

Gutless. All around the globe. Gutless.

NormanPride
7/17/2006, 02:14 PM
Because we live in an age of gutless politicians, here and abroad. Iran or North Korea will have to fire a real nuke to break of the "diplomacy" circle jerk that has allowed things to progress to the sorry state we're in today.

Imagine this...in the span of five years, Bush has gone from "We'll kick a*ss" to "Well, Tony...I called Kofi...blah, blah, blah...."

Gutless. All around the globe. Gutless.

Well... I was thinking more along the lines of leaving and living on another planet, but dropping lots of bombs and killing everything sounds fun too.

mdklatt
7/17/2006, 02:40 PM
My point? Most arabs will do anything they can to take a shot at Israel.

Saddam had SCUD missiles for years while Israel was occupying parts of Lebanon and Syria and regularly kicking Arab ***, but the only time he made an overt move against Israel was when his forces were directly threatened. Even if he had the desire after the Gulf War to pop some SCUDS Tel Aviv way he no longer had the ability. If he was still around I think he'd be riding this one out and letting his enemies in Syria and Iran (and Israel) bring themselves down in the court of world opinion.

JohnnyMack
7/17/2006, 02:53 PM
Saddam had SCUD missiles for years while Israel was occupying parts of Lebanon and Syria and regularly kicking Arab ***, but the only time he made an overt move against Israel was when his forces were directly threatened. Even if he had the desire after the Gulf War to pop some SCUDS Tel Aviv way he no longer had the ability. If he was still around I think he'd be riding this one out and letting his enemies in Syria and Iran (and Israel) bring themselves down in the court of world opinion.

That's what I tried to say. No one listens to me. Imma go cry now.

sitzpinkler
7/17/2006, 03:06 PM
Remember how he tried and shoot our planes down while patrolling the no-fly zone?

Remember how he tried to assassinate Bush 1?

Remember how he was supporting the Palestinian suicide bombers?

Remember the missiles he fired at Israel?

Remember the terrorist training camps he had, the mass graves with hundreds of thousands of his own people that he slaughtered in them?

Remember how he corrupted the UN?

Yeah, we really had him in check, if you burry your head in the sand and ignore the facts of history. :rolleyes:

was there really a reason for you to be such a dick with your response?

we blew **** up when they tried to shoot our planes down now didn't we?

He launched missles at Israel during desert storm, not while we were patrolling the no-fly zones

a lot of what you posted didn't happen while we were patrolling the no-fly zones

yeah, you're really great at history