PDA

View Full Version : The Buisness of High School Football

bomber64manat
7/16/2006, 10:39 PM
found this on my myspace a friend sent it too me and i just thought since i play for Midwest city i would put it on here
its pretty good.

Being a football player in Midwest City is a big responsibility, especially when your a Bomber. Five state championships, 45 consecutive winning seasons(the states record), 32 straight wins, and a dozen, more awards and championships. It takes dedication and determination to be the best of the best. To have your name on the board in the weight room for the "All Staters", to get to play in the Oil Bowl that past Bombers like Ricky Oliver and Mike Gundy and Tony Palmer did. To be remembered as not just the player who seemed like everyone was looking at and not the team itself, but as the team that everybody will remember, not just in Midwest City or Del City, Spencer, Choctaw, or Putnam City... but all around the state. In every little town in the 77 counties in Oklahoma. Let Tulsa Union here it. Let Jenks here it. Let Putnam City, Mustang, Lawton and Enid here the sirens ring as the Bombers start droppin bombs on them, as they...no,no...as us... as the team comes together. Every Sophmore, Junior, Senior football player, student, fan, parent, friend, coach. Watch as the community of Midwest City comes together every Friday Night once again like it did in the past. Let them come together that Saturday night up in Stillwater as the state championship presents the Bombers back to where it belongs. Its time to put the people who dont think Midwest City is the real deal to sleep. Who dont respect us.Who want to vandalize our house, who want to say we dont have any linemen... lets shut them up. Lets show them that its all about the buisness. lets show them that we have the responsibility to carry on a great legacy... a legacy that will remain as one of the deppest and greatest things in the state of Oklahoma. Let those two schools up north here that. Bombers, former Bombers, future Bombers and Bombers forever... lets come together as one every Friday Night leading up too that Satuday night in Stillwater, to show that the spirit, pride, tradtion, and the magic is not gone and that we have the responsibility to continue the legacy here at Midwest City. the heart, the passoin......but the magic... its the magic. Lets show people that we still have it and will always have it.Lets go home boys...lets go back home to where Bomber football belongs. In 2006... lets get number six. Lets show them its all about the business.

LLoyd Dobler
7/21/2006, 03:34 PM
Jenks would/will dominate you. So will Union. BTW, Doesn't Jenks have like 10 state championships? Looking for #11 this year, and guess what, the whole team is back next year for #12.

Also, many more high profile players have come out of Jenks than MWC. If you hang your hat on Gundy, I feel sorry for you.

Stick to wrasslin.

Paperclip
7/21/2006, 04:26 PM
Mid-Del football is going into the toilet. Bombers have a nice past, but so does Capitol Hill. Carl Albert may continue to do well, but Del City and Midwest City are both done.

bomber64manat
7/21/2006, 04:59 PM
Hey Lloyd Dobler its wrestling...why dont you go back to English class and learn how to talk. Just because you think you are from Oklahoma and you can talk or even spell like that doesnt mean crap! Learn how to talk English or leave the country. As for the comment about Jenks and Tulsa Union dominating us... dude get your facts straight! Midwest City is in District 2 of class 6-A. We dont even play those two no good steroid pumping factory schools anyway. So if you want to talk trash than make sure you have your facts straight before you do that son! Oh and by the way, what do you mean to hang my hat on Gundy? jsut because he was the best quarterback that Midwest City had doesnt mean we all bow down to him allright!!!!

Who has 43 consecutive winning seasons? (the states record still)
Who has over 122 Oklahoma High School All Staters?
But most important of all, what school has the PRIDE, TRADITION, and the RESPONSIBLITY to carry on a great legacy? Man you can talk about 10, 11 or even 12 state championships all you want.... hell you guys even might get a movie made about Jenks and Tulsa Union... its high school football. Anything can happen. Everybody has down years... look at the mighty Oklahoma!!!! Midwest City has theirs and Jenks and Tulsa Union will have thieirs. You living in a fantasy football world. Just knock back on my door when you want to come back to reality okay? Anytime man...anytime!

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/21/2006, 05:08 PM
Shouldn't this be in the "Who Cares About Your Penis Size or Envy" Forum

Snrfn4ever08
7/21/2006, 10:43 PM
alright guys, i think it's about time to stop rippin on people's high schools and all of that. just so you know, i go to the same school as bomber, but i'm not about to join in your little fight. no matter what forum this is, this website is supposed to be about ou. if nothing else, stick to other college sports or pro sports, but don't start calling out people's high schools or towns or whatever. there are some people that would take more offense than you think they would, so let's just stick to the higher level stuff. let's go back to the good old times of talking about how bad texas sucks and stop trying to diss people because of what town they're from or school they go to/play for. it's an entirely different thing

Paperclip
7/22/2006, 11:48 AM
I went to Del City and I currently live in Midwest City. Facts are facts. Both of those schools have seriously declined when it comes to football, albeit Del City more than MWC. Still, "Bomber Magic" doesn't scare anybody anymore. There was a time when the annual Del City-Midwest City game would draw folks from all over the metro just to see it. Temporary bleachers had to be set up in the end zones to handle the overflow crowds. Now, when these teams play there's plenty of room in the permanent stands. It's not even close to the biggest rivalry in the Metro. Moore War arguably has that distinction. Regardless, these teams are an afterthought in class 6A.

Snrfn4ever08
7/22/2006, 12:35 PM
I went to Del City and I currently live in Midwest City. Facts are facts. Both of those schools have seriously declined when it comes to football, albeit Del City more than MWC. Still, "Bomber Magic" doesn't scare anybody anymore. There was a time when the annual Del City-Midwest City game would draw folks from all over the metro just to see it. Temporary bleachers had to be set up in the end zones to handle the overflow crowds. Now, when these teams play there's plenty of room in the permanent stands. It's not even close to the biggest rivalry in the Metro. Moore War arguably has that distinction. Regardless, these teams are an afterthought in class 6A.
i know, i know, and i understand both sides, but some people get sick and tired of people dissing their schools and all of that. i personally also hate all of the jenks/union love. i know how dominant they've been, and i don't need anybody to remind me. i also know midwest city has fallen of a bit from the past. when my dad was a senior there, he was the starting qb and won every game except the championship. those days of being in title contention every year have pretty much been over for awhile, but give the benefit of the doubt. let's keep in mind that midwest city was the last team not named jenks or tulsa union to win a state championship. as for del city-midwest city not having overflow anymore, i don't know what you're talking about. our school won't even let any students from outside our own school to attend the game. every midwest city/del city game i've been to lately, including this past year, has been jam packed and had overflow. no, it's nothing like the moore war is, but it's still a great rivalry. i, for the most part think the main reason that attendance has declined as of late is because of del city falling to the ranks of the 1 or 2 win teams for awhile. i don't think it matters how bad mchs gets, we'll still pack what we're allowed to.

bomber64manat
7/22/2006, 03:14 PM
your right man. Listen just because i play for midwest city doesnt mean that im going out and saying hey: midwest city is going to win state and all that crap...cause im not. Im not going to lie about that kind of stuff and be obnoxious about that...but you know that i wouldnt cause you know im not like that, since we know each other. Im just going to tell you how it is, but like you man the love for jenks and union does get kind of boring and irritating... i put that post up because i got tired of hearing about jenks and tulsa union ... who cares if you guys are getting a new indoor facility( even though it would be nice if we got one for our district)! who cares!

bomber64manat
7/22/2006, 03:23 PM
But ill tell you what... Mr. Lloyd Dobler... so anything like this doesnt happen again about "dissing" our cities high schools and your obnoxious love for jenks and union... why dont you not post anymore comments on my threads okay... besides my friend says he has more respect from this site than you do and even if im a rookie...and you are too... i hope that i will have more respect from this site than you will ever have...
besides my name is ANDREW T$$$$$!!!! figure it out. dont know who i am ask around i know everybody... i promise....

LLoyd Dobler
7/25/2006, 09:20 AM
Jenks will dominate you - in the state title game son. That is if you can win whatever district your in. I agree with the poster that the Mid-Dell districts are dying a slow death.

Gundy was good - I played against him in high school at Norman - we went 1-2 against him - he beat us twice during the regular seasons and we beat him in the play offs.

Jenks is a factory boy, they start them in the first grade - they are well coached, and have facilities that rival small colleges. $$ is the name of the game, and Union and Jenks have, and will always have it from this point on.

Congrats on the 43 winning seasons, the 122 all staters, but gold balls count in this game.

Stick to wrasslin.

bomber64manat
7/25/2006, 09:27 AM
listen son im am gong to tell you for the last time... if you dont want to get rip on then stop postin on my replies. i got almost98 football players that want to meet you personally to talk about your comments about Midwest City Football, so if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all, im not tryin to live in the past, im just talkin about tradition.

You quit livin in the past and stick to your steroid takin factory makin schools= aka=Union,and Jenks

P.S. you came from Norman why would you talk about Jenks and Union numbnuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/25/2006, 09:45 AM
98? not 97 or 99?

LLoyd Dobler
7/25/2006, 04:18 PM
Again, congrats on the 43 winning seasons, the 122 all staters, and whatever records your almost 98 teammates may set.

Pssssst - Bomberman, make sure you don't wear your letterjacket in college - college girls don't care - high school is over. But keep that on the down-low, so your buddies will look like idiots.

RRRRRROOOOAAAAARRRRRRR go the jet engines - here comes Mr. Bomber and almost 98 of his friends gettin' ready for wrasslin!

1stTimeCaller
7/25/2006, 04:25 PM
This is funny. I thought MWC disbanded their program in the mid 90s. Haven't heard anything about them that didn't come from some High School Hero's mouth that graduated from there.

LLoyd Dobler
7/25/2006, 04:28 PM
Seriously Bomberman, don't drink all the kool-aid the coach serves. It's great you take pride in traditions and such, but it ENDS. You move on. I went to Norman and moved on to college and into the work force.

I look back at those days with good memories, but in the grand scheme of things, it is a blip on the radar, and it doesn't matter. ACADEMICS are all that matter.

Some friendly advice - in my first job interview, they never asked me about high school football. My point is we all move on in life, and it doesn't matter much any more.

I support the Jenks program because I live in Tulsa. While I hope my kids play for Jenks, I want them to excel in school more so than the gridiron.

I hope you all have a great season, and perhaps beat one of the Tulsa area teams in the playoffs/finals so you can come back here, point your finger at me and say I told you so.

Stay cool during 2-a-days, and don't get injured. Enjoy it as much as you can, because it ends. Good luck to you and your 97 teammates (98 including you :D ).

Oh yeah, and since you are posting on an OU board, follow the Gundy that went to OU. Not the one to Stillwater. The OU Gundy is much smarter!:D

Scott D
7/25/2006, 05:01 PM
this has to be the gayest thread ever.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/25/2006, 05:30 PM
I don't know have you seen some of Norm's threads ;)

Scott D
7/25/2006, 07:40 PM
it's barely less gay than Stanley's "I would pwn CP on the basketball court" thread.

bomber64manat
7/25/2006, 07:52 PM
hey dobler i love football...okay. thats not my fault. thats why im gonna be a coach when i grow up. if some one doesnt like football... than that someone just doesnt need to talk to me.

just to let you know also in a respectful way... if i dont make it coaching football... im going to college to get a international buisness management degree. besides... i wouldnt want to let my family down...i didnt get a 4.0 and 3 straight honor rolls, and be a national honor society member and sat member for nothing... im going to let you in on a little secret... im a smart football player because im asian... what can i say.... we have to be smart..
us asians get a b average we get beaten. lol just kiddin dont go spreaddin that around

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/25/2006, 07:54 PM
**** I know dumbass Asian people ;)

bomber64manat
7/25/2006, 11:23 PM
i know one too...my dad

1stTimeCaller
7/26/2006, 08:40 AM
the last two posts by bomber64 put this thread in the lead for gayest thread evar.

colleyvillesooner
7/26/2006, 09:23 AM
This should prolly be stickied.

bomber64manat
7/26/2006, 11:37 AM
het first time caller... thanks for the support

1stTimeCaller
7/27/2006, 11:04 AM
het first time caller... thanks for the support

I'm here to help. it's what I do. ;)

bomber64manat
7/27/2006, 04:41 PM
gee thanks... gosh... asian peoplle get no respect. jk!!!!!!

at least we all agree on one thing... texas sucks
gentlemen

snp
7/30/2006, 03:15 PM
You might be the worst poster to have come through SF.com. That's saying something, with Nick, Meni, and the rest of the bums.

Where to start picking apart your "posts"

Im not going to lie about that kind of stuff and be obnoxious about that

You? Be obnoxious? Why I never!

i got almost98 football players that want to meet you personally to talk about your comments about Midwest City Football, so if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all, im not tryin to live in the past, im just talkin about tradition.

Yea, I can't wait to see you trying to get your team to come fight some random guy. "Hey dudes, this guy made some disparaging comments about our HS ON THE INTERNET, let's go kick his ***!"

ANDREW T$$$$$!!!! figure it out. dont know who i am ask around i know everybody... i promise...

OMG dude, you must be so cool. I can't wait until you come to college with that attitude. You're going to have such a fun time...hanging out in the dorm by yourself, and the rest of the HS Heroes.

didnt get a 4.0 and 3 straight honor rolls, and be a national honor society member and sat member for nothing

Well, you certainly didn't get it for your typing, conversation, or writing skills, did you.

Mellow out man, SF.com is a chill place. We don't need this gay thread.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/30/2006, 06:28 PM
What is an SAT member?

soonerjoker
8/27/2006, 11:05 AM
the posts by bomber are quite amusing. if he is on a football team, it's
not @ the hi-school level. more like pee-wee.

noose7699
9/21/2006, 10:05 PM
Jenks would/will dominate you. So will Union. BTW, Doesn't Jenks have like 10 state championships? Looking for #11 this year, and guess what, the whole team is back next year for #12.

Also, many more high profile players have come out of Jenks than MWC. If you hang your hat on Gundy, I feel sorry for you.

Stick to wrasslin.

I think jenks may want to worry more about the fact that they haven't really played anyone yet and look awfully slow, and not to mention, have barely pulled it out against a 5A team, lucked out against a weak ( time will tell) union team, and a 17-0 win over a weak BA team. The Jenks teams of the past may hang with some of the more down Bomber squads, but it's not that hard to win with recruits and 3000 kids to pull from. After watching this MCHS team thus far, saying we won't take it all the way this season seems a bit negative. I dunno if they will, but let's hope so, because they have the talent to win it.

As for more high profile players from Jenks as opposed to MWC?? Maybe Rocky Calmus is a great example, as for some others in the late 90's.. but to say more from jenks as opposed to MWC?? I hope you don't " hang your hat" on that comment. Here is a short list off the top of my head without going to the stat sheets:

The Gundy Brothers( one is currently a bad guy, other plays for the good guys), The Dequasie brothers ( both OU),Vernon Maxwell( we all know his unfortunant story), Rodney Rideau(some NFL), Raymond Cato, Warren Foust( started at SS for Bama), Terrance Joseph (NFL) Sean O' Boyle ( tulsa) Drew Christmon ( OU) Randy Wallace ( OU center) Kelly Cook ( OSu and green bay packers) Don Laviness ( def. player of the year) Jon Rutherford,( nat. champ. with the huskers), Eric Gooden ( K state starting RB) Devane Robinson, ( k state starting d tackle) Milen Darby, Aaron Mcconnell, ( NFL, and I believe, after talking to a few classmates, arena league) Tony Palmer ( drafted to the Rams in this years NFL draft), The Ameen Brothers, Brewster Hobby ( OU QB under Wilkinson, still owns the longest TD pass in orange bowl history). I just brought some names up most people will recognize, there is many, many more.

So the Bombers have declined recently. They are still a bitter bunch of players that teams don't look forward to playing. let's see your trojans or redskins set the records that MWC has set. After looking at jenks schedule, it's no wonder they have been winning games, THEY HAVENT PLAYED ANYONE!!! Bombers have earned their right to have a few bad seasons, as have the Sooners. ( referring to last season, after making 3 of 5 NC games)

So anyway, everyone enjoy their respective highschool games, and may the Sooners rip the heads off of many a longhorn, among other teams, fueled by last saturdays debacle.

Boomer Sooner, and Go Bombers!

Paperclip
9/21/2006, 10:11 PM
As a Del City guy I recall most of those names. That's an impressive list. I'm glad you included my boy Jon R. How many of those Dequaisies were there? Seemed like there was at least one for several years in a row.

noose7699
9/21/2006, 10:55 PM
Ah a response already... thanks for the comment. I played a yr with Jon R., so naturally I HAD to include him. Last time I saw him, I gave him BS about losing to the canes in that NC game. His dad still work at the church?

As for Dequasies, there are 4. I know Brent is a firefighter, Richie is a cop, Buck is a teacher, and Greg works the auto insurance business. I THINK from what greg told me, that there was another one or two recently. But he was an O lineman, which is a rarity for that family. Most were def. secondary or line. But anyway, how do you know big Jon??

Paperclip
9/22/2006, 09:23 AM
Yes, Jon's dad is still at the church and that's how I know him. Great family.

Snrfn4ever08
9/23/2006, 11:30 PM
well, it looks like jenks and union have fallen off of their dynasties finally, and while i think mchs is improved and is a decent team, i don't think they're anywhere close to filling the state champion spot. i think the new power is muskogee. also, after watching jenks and washington play last night, i'm very impressed with washington. watch out for them in the playoffs

noose7699
10/7/2006, 09:26 PM
yea, I watched my Bombers get knocked by a good norman team, and by the looks of things, maybe muskogee ain't the team to beat. I don't lose faith this easily. I watched MCHS lose 4 games in a season and still take home the gold ball. 6A is open as open can be. Norman, to me, seems like the only team in the state who has their stuff together, not to mention booker T. Muskogee was without their 2 star players though. But we will see.